Start by marking “Moo, Baa, La La La!” as Want to Read:
Moo, Baa, La La La!

Moo, Baa, La La La!

Serious silliness for all ages. Artist Sandra Boynton is back and better than ever with completely redrawn versions of her multi-million selling board books. These whimsical and hilarious books, featuring nontraditional texts and her famous animal characters, have been printed on thick board pages, and are sure to educate and entertain children of all ages.
Published September 6th 2004 by Simon & Schuster Childrens Books (first published January 1st 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Moo, Baa, La La La!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moo, Baa, La La La!

Jon(athan) Nakapalau
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Make the sounds that you are supposed to make! Reminded me of a kind of Animal Farm for small children - but with no political message. Sandra Boynton always comes through with fun books that teach important lessons.
Ed Mcfadden
Apr 20, 2011 rated it it was ok
A moving narrative that highlights the circle of life in understandable, free-market terms while placing a sunnier patina on the darker side of the meat and poultry industry.
BAM The Bibliomaniac
Nov 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
I read this like the Lady GaGa refrain. It fits perfectly.
Louise
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fun little story about animal noises.
Erin
Feb 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It’s a Sandra Boynton book, so it’s almost not worth reviewing. You know it’s going to be 5 stars. However, this Boynton book stands out enough from the already-exalted pack that I think it’s worth a review.

Basically it’s a poem of animals and the sounds they make. “A cow says moo, a sheep says baa” until you get to the surprising line “three singing pigs say la la la.” Hilarity ensues. Really!

Like all Boynton books, it’s rhythmic so my son enjoys the narrative, and he can participate in the rea
Kimberly
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very very cute. I love Sandra Boynton.
Aneesa
Jul 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
If Everly tries to tell me that singing pigs say "Oink" instead of "La la la" we're going to have a serious talk.
Suki
Jan 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding! I could not put this book down.
Samantha
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love. One of my favorites.
Tatiana
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013, picture-books
Nothing has made my baby smile and laugh so far as much as this book.
Rachel Stagg
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
My son's favorite book so far.
Chinook
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kait
This is her absolute favourite book right now. She giggles all the way through it. I have the whole thing memorized.
Bruce M
Jul 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Parents, Children
My wife and I consider Moo, Baa, La La La to be our daughter Charlotte's first favourite book. There was a point in time, not so long ago, when the only sounds that would calm her down in the evening (or on a bad car ride, or after a fall, or any other general sookfest) were my wife or I reciting this book. Now that Charlotte's a little bit older (15 months at the time of this writing) she still loves the book, and has taken to finishing the sentences as we read along (or recite from memory).

Our
Olivia
Feb 13, 2010 rated it really liked it
I read this book aloud several times a day to babies and toddlers! I have it memorized; I can grunt this animal noise poem on command. And I'm getting better giving classes (yes classes?!) to drooling, curious babes, some who can't even sit up on their own. You'd be amazed how under 1 year olds can and will sit in a circle and pay attention and interact. We certainly have to keep busy on the 10 1/2 hour nursery shift.

"Moooo, says the cow. Baaa, says the sheep. La, la, la, says three singing pig
Samantha Penrose
Jun 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-books
This book has cute illustrations and introduces kids to animals and the sounds that they make.
Sturdy and fun.
Brianon Sheffield
Dec 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
fun to sing and read!
Simoni
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very funny that this book was
Kellee
Reread 11-15-14
Reread 3-31-15
Reread often
Andrew
Mar 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A true masterpiece. It warms my heart with joy.
Maxwell Rae
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really fun read. I especially like hearing mum snort like a rhino.
Darcy
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: baby-h-books
Illuminating. This classic from the Boynton canon has furthered my studies of animal sounds immensely. -M
Eunice
Feb 20, 2016 added it
Emily Garrison
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful picture book filled with animals and sounds the reader makes out loud when reading to a child. There is a twist in the beginning when the author tells us that pigs sing la la la instead of saying oink! The story goes through quite a few different animals which make their individual noises and then the animals ask the reader what kind of sound they make. Extremely interactive and a wonderful read-aloud!
Francis
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My son absolutely loves this book. He is 1.5 years and can make the sounds of most of the animals. When he is looking for this book he will keep saying "la la la" until he finds it. One of my all time favourite Boynton books!
Alicia
A cow says moo, a sheep says baa, three singing pigs say la la la... oh god I think I can recite this book from memory. It is cute though for a toddler and not so mind numbing as books for this age tend to be,
SaraLaLa
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
This is one of Sandra Boynton's shorter stories, but it's still really cute. I like that she has a bit of a sense of humor and my daughter always smiles at the end when the author asks "What do you say?" (as in what noise does a baby make).
midnightfaerie
Aug 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
We love Sandra Boynton and this was no exception. Adorable illustrations paired along side a cute story about animals, it's a big favorite for all my kids, but especially my 3 yr old twins. We also love books that rhyme, so that was an added plus for us. Great book.
Sadia Mansoor
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
I like all those books which teach you different sounds. It will be fun to read to your kid (Y)
Here... Have a look https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFaVo...
Becky Carleton
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Boynton is a master of serious silliness. This adorable little board book is a favorite "again! again!" book to read with little ones.
Johnny D
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was falling into the familiar rhythm of animal noises connected to their respective animals when Boyton completely flipped the script on me. Rather than oinking, she had the pigs saying "la la la."

Now, I am no livestock expert, but I have observed pigs a respectable number of times in my life. At no point have I heard a pig say "la la la." I must conclude that Boyton is going for absurdity here, and, from this point onward, I was ready for a roller coaster of surrealism. However, Boyton does n

• Black on White
  • Quiet Loud
  • Where Is Baby's Belly Button?
  • Trucks Board Book
  • Duck & Goose Find A Pumpkin
  • Hello, Day!
  • Llama Llama Wakey-Wake
  • I Love You Through and Through
Sandra Keith Boynton is a popular American humorist, songwriter, children's author and illustrator. Boynton has written and illustrated more than forty books for both children and adults, as well as over four thousand greeting cards, and four music albums. Although she does not license her characters to be redrawn or adapted, she has herself designed—for various companies—calendars, wallpaper, bed ...more