Start by marking “It's Enough (Southern Seduction, #1)” as Want to Read:
It's Enough (Southern Seduction, #1)

It's Enough

(Southern Seduction #1)

"It's Enough" tells the story of Crispin and Wills, high school best friends who lost their virginity together — and whose lives have since taken very different paths. When Wills returns home for break, Crispin's still madly in love with him. But does his best friend share the same feelings?
Published May 26th 2019 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about It's Enough, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's Enough

Truuss / Loveislovereview
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, m-m
Three erotic short stories (for me it felt more like three chapters about love).

We can enjoy a small piece of Crispin and Wills their (love) life.
Aww, they are so sweet and sensitive together. Insecure about how the other feels, hesitating to be the first to say something, but always hot for each other, always.

They know each other from kindergarten and now both live in different towns, following different studies. Vacation and holidays are highlights because that’s when they can be together. Nob
Denise
DNF @ 34%

Not a fan of the writing style whatsoever. It was choppy, narrative-heavy, and the pacing was off.
Altivo Overo
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, m-m-romance
Two southern boys with rigid and traditionally intolerant upbringing learn to admit their love for each other. Wrapped in a setting that is too carnal and not enough emotional and cerebral for me to believe it, but this is still very well done in terms of writing.
Terry Phillips
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was very impressed by this set of stories. I'll try to avoid direct spoilers, but will be discussing the stories in some detail, so fair warning.

What really struck me was how well the three stories showed these two characters having to actively choose to be with each other instead if just succumbing to the inertia of an already fairly easy life. The three stories each begin with the same basic situation - best friends and habitual lovers meeting at a formal party, secure in the knowledge that
Some1possible
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
"This is what happens..."

Life is made up of moments, and we remember the important moments best. In this novella, the most important moments for these two young men are the moments they're together. Wills and Crispin have been best friends since kindergarten, only to finally come together romantically in the 11th grade. Vague promises were made before one went away to college, but it seems neither of them fully revealed the depth of their feelings and commitment to each other.

"You think I didn’
2kasmom
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: best-friends, college

Crispin has been close friends with Wills for a long time. They have only recently drifted apart due to time and location. When they get together for holidays its like they never left.

Wills has a hard time expressing himself. Well, technically they both have their hang ups. Still being new at this more than friends stuff, they both need to find the courage to tell the other they want more.

I truly became quickly attached to these characters! This author was a new read for me, but I was sucked in
Natosha Wilson
May 24, 2019 rated it liked it
I am going to be honest. I expected more from these three short stories then I got from it. Though there is three shorty stories in this book, it is really just a continuation of the story before it with just a different title. From reading the description of the book, I expected to go more in depth about the guys that this was about instead of being what was given in this book. In my opinion there was not much background leading up to these two guys. You just have to weed your way through to fi ...more
Tiffany Copple
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars for It’s Enough by Julia McBryant. This is book 1 in The Southern Seduction series. This is a male/male romance filled with some heat. It is short but a great start to what I think will be a good story. This book is about two southern boys who fell in love with each other in 11th grade. They lost their virginity to each other and have been together in secret since then. Crispin is at home attending carpentry school while Will is away at college. They both miss each other but they cant ...more
Brenda Motza
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow! I am so glad that I found this author. I jumped into Audie and Calhoun's story (coming soon!!) before I realized there was Crispin and Wills story.

I just love Crispin and Wills. They have been best friends since kindergarten and as they got older they would sneak peeks at each other not really knowing their true feelings until one day when Wills kissed Crispin and things started falling into place. And being in the family of the high society, they have to keep their relationship a secret
Christopher
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I won't rehash the narrative set up, since other reviews and the description itself more than does that. One of the things I liked immediately is that we weren't presented with a big info dump of the backstory of these characters. McBryant fills in those details organically and incrementally, which is appreciated.

For those of you came here for some steamy action, quite a lot of it is packed into the pages, and McBryant does not shy away from providing plentiful and titillating detail. But more i
Grayce Connors
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet and to the Point

This short story is ALL about the sex (Not that there's anything wrong with that!) and McBryant handles that part of it beautifully. A little more focus on place and atmosphere would be welcomed especially from a work with the word "Southern" right in title but, no matter. I'm going to assume we get more local flavor in the second course which I look forward to reading!
Elin
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Crispin is so sweet and insecure in the start of this story, watching Wills from across the room and biding his time until they can leave together and what will happen until that point.

It's all about hiding and pretending so no one knows you love someone you shouldn't, which for anyone would be torture in the long run.

But then they come together and it's as if time stood still and they are in a bubble of their own, and it's lovely.
Coline Peterson
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Julia McBryant is a new author, after I really enjoyed reading this story, I am going to be reading her books. Will and Crispin's tale read as if there excerpts of the time they spent together and the uncertainty of a loving relationship while they spend time apart pursuing  their education, a well written fast read story that keeps you entertained to the last page.
Sue
Jun 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Super short -- as indicated :) nothing inherently bad about the book. Cute, sexy, short, sweet. Not sure if editing was an issue...was rough reading at points with missing words and grammar seemed strange...could be just me though. Would I read more? I did put the next book on my to be purchased list just to see what happens with them...so not a bad book.
Mary Mccormack
Jul 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Honest review

This book has good possibilities, but it relies heavily on sex to move the story more then there being a story with sex in it. I like the characters, but I wish there was a little more substance to their story.
Goldenchels
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's Enough is delicious. A sweet and sinfully sexy novella. A little heartbreaking, a lot heartwarming, Crispin and Wills are best friends in love and it's delightful. If you need me today, I'll be in my room binge reading everything from this author 😍🤣
Wendy
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great start to a series!

Loved reading this set of three shorts. Seriously. I'm enjoying Crispin and Wills very, very much. I can't wait to read more about them. I was thoroughly engaged in their story.
Megan
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Short but sweet

This author has an interesting way of writing a love story starting in the middle without the reader feeling like they’ve missed anything. It’s sort of addicting to watch the MCs finally start to open up to each other. I can’t wait for the next one!
Anabela.M.
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Is it really enough to have stolen moments with the person you love? Crispin and Wills have to hide their relationship, despite the overwhelming need for each other.
It's Enough is short but packs so much intensity of feelings. Great,hot chemistry and sweet young love.
I loved it!
Norman Ingram
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
True love

This book is great I was kept rooting for the pair of lovebirds.
It’s so hard for love to exist
Nicole Erard
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good short story

A good beginning to a sweet story, don’t exactly love the 3rd person and would love a little more depth with the characters.
MsS
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75 *
autumn tate
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hot hot hot hot hot

Talk about dirty and yummy, I just wanna be stuck between these 2 guys. This book was amazing and very hot
Simone
Jul 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Jackie O'Donnell
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A hot short

Willis and Crispin are perfect together. They are afraid to admit their love at first, but in the end the realize they can not live without each other.
Evie
May 28, 2019 rated it liked it
This little book left me wanting more. The idea behind the story was a good one, but I would have loved to have just more of it. More background story, more details...I loved the scenery it played out it, that would really make for a good longer story.
I will for sure keep following Julie McBryant, to see whats up her sleeve with her upcoming books.
Shey
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's Enough is just my kind of book. Sweet, romantic, but also undoubtedly hot and sexy. Crispin's and Wills' characters are portrayed incredibly well - they seem real. Short, light and fun, I just couldn't love this more. I highly recommend!
Mallory
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Julia McBryant gives readers angst, love and more in the short story It’s Enough. Taking place in the land of high society and tradition that is Savannah we meet Wills and Crispin, two extremely handsome men that live with a secret that they wish could be told to the world. McBryant’s glimpse into their world leaves you begging for more because you fall in love and identify with these characters. Readers will feel every emotion given off by Wills and Crispin. Love is not for the faint of heart a ...more
Victoria
rated it did not like it
Aug 06, 2019
Michele
Sep 08, 2019
I live in the prettiest city in the world with my ever-patient husband, brood of children, and too many dogs. When I'm not writing I'm writing.

Southern Seduction (3 books)
  • Like Sunshine (Southern Seduction, #2)
  • Slow Dance (Southern Seduction, #3)