Start by marking “Top Trouble: A Submissive Series Standalone Novel” as Want to Read:
Top Trouble: A Submissive Series Standalone Novel

Top Trouble: A Submissive Series Standalone Novel

(Submissive #12)

Some say they've been arguing for years.
Others say it's just a really long foreplay session.

Evan Martin isn't sure what it is about Kelly Bowman that makes him want to push every button she has and then find new ones so he can push those, too. He swears up and down he's only interested in getting under her skin, but he's pretty sure everyone sees right through him.

Kindle Edition
Published August 20th 2019 by After Six Publishing

Start your review of Top Trouble: A Submissive Series Standalone Novel
TheSassyNerdBlog
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: top-2019-reads
Spoiler-free review.

When Tara told me she was adding another book to her already amazing, NYT Bestseller Submissive series. I was over the moon. This series is EVERYTHING and more that I love about this genre. It is everything and more I love about romance. I discovered Tara a few years ago and I have been a fan of her work since The Submissive (Book 1) released. It blew me away just how detailed, accurate and addictive this series became to me. So I was devastated when she stopped writing them
Kara Houghton
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every time I finish a new book Tara writes, I swear it’s my favorite. Top Trouble is no exception.

When I first read the book’s description and several comments stating how much people were looking forward to these characters’ story, I though I’d gone crazy. I’ve read and re-read all of Tara’s books and consider myself somewhat of an expert on her stories, so when I couldn’t for the life of me remember anything about a relationship between an “Evan and Kelly,” I decided they just weren’t importa
Elizabeth Swain
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m a huge fan of This series and this one will keep you on your toes! Elizabeth @ Carolina Chic’s Read

Evan & Kelly are not strangers, they have known each other for years. They drive each other crazy, but nothing would ever work... why because they are both Tops! So when they give over to a night together and it becomes more, they never knew it would be like this. Developing feeling and devotion like never before.

5 Hot Top Stars! ★★★★★
Jessica Morales-Lafaille
Tara Sue Me is one of the best erotic/bdsm authors out there. I love her work plus her submissive series. Its been a while since I read the submissive series so I couldn't remember Kelly and Evan so much. You may read this book as a standalone but you definitely should read this series.

Kelly and Evan are both doms but for some reason Evan can't stop watching mistress K with her subs. Evan never expected Kelly wanting anything to do with him. Little did he know that she was a switch. A switch is
Dirty Dayna
Alright .. I admit defeat.. I have been dying to read this author since forever and was finally able to give her some time and really I just don’t think it works for me. I liked the witty sex banter and I think I would have liked the series more if I didn’t just dive into a random novella. It appears Kelly is determined to have Evan and for once would like to not top as she does in all her sex shows. I think if I was more into this series it would be good for BDSM book. I did not link to the cha ...more
Amanda
Author didn't want to write and it shows

Seriously, the end of the book author acknowledges that she didn't want to write this story and it totally shows. It was rushed , under developed story line, and just plain lacked heart. I always preordered this author's material, but unfortunately will not risk it again until the ratings are posted. Too bad you broke my trust! Keep it up and I won't even wait for the ratings, I'll just move on without reading anymore.
Michelle Claypot_Reads
I really enjoyed Evan and Kelly’s book.
What happens when a Dom and a Domme have undeniable chemistry? Who tops who? This was a great kink read.

I received an arc of this book.
Sophie Winston
Oct 05, 2019 rated it did not like it
I love the submissive series, but this one fell flat for me. It seemed rushed from the beginning, oddly it had grammar mistakes, and I did not connect with the characters. Oh well.
Andrew
Mar 08, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m a big fan of Tara Sue Me as an author. Her first three books in the Submissive series were stellar.

This book was just so-so. Although the premise for the story is good, it just didn’t hang together for me; either the characters or the plot. I didn’t think any of the characters really connected, and I didn’t get a warm feeling from any of them. The plot was hooky and the sex was pretty perfunctory. I thought the set-up for the Demo was ridiculous.

I can say that this book was better than the
Maureen
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was so happy to find a book that put Evan and Kelly finally together. I've read the entire series and their back and forth banter throughout the books was a perfect setup. They absolutely have great chemistry and I enjoyed the story for the most part. My only criticism would be the ranch sequence. I can't go into more detail without spoilers. I will say this portion didn't have the same draw as the rest of the book. It was a bit far-fetched and kind of boring. But then I see it was most likely ...more
Anita Byars
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Get your fire extinguisher ready. Top Trouble was Hot and Delicious! Evan and Kelly are both strong and well developed characters, tempting readers to stay up far to late to finish. Steamy sex scenes, as well as danger will get your heart racing and keep you on the edge of your seat.

Tara Sue Me brings it in her latest novel, with emotionally charged moments, filled with white hot intimacy.

I received a early copy in exchange for a honest opinion.
De Reese Robinson
Top Trouble

Evan and Kelly have spent the last six years barking insults at each other. whether they were at a BDSM meeting or a play party, the snarky comments just kept coming. When Kelly gets a job offer to move back to her home town Dallas, she takes it and that's when Evan decides he can't let her leave without telling her how he really feels, but can two tops make it work?
COOKKIEE
Just okay
Sandy S

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date August 2019

Some say they've been arguing for years.
Others say it's just a really long foreplay session.

When Kelly moves from Wilmington, Delaware to Dallas, Texas, Evan regrets all the time they spent arguing and knows he made a mistake in letting her go. A wedding allows them the opportunity to reconnect and they spend a passionate night together. Yet when morning comes Kelly seems further away than ever.
Kelly has her reasons for treating Evan the way sh
Lynn Brooks
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4 1/2 STARS!

TOP TROUBLE is the next book in Tara Sue Me's beloved Sumissive Series, and centers around two dominant personalities finally succumb to their temptations in this enemies to lovers story.

I always love a return visit to this series because we always get a great update on all of the previous couples we loved and this was no exception. It's like visiting old friends to reach for this book.

Kelly was particularly interesting from the start because even though she's dominant and outspoken
Linda Rea
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kelly and Even have known each other for a while and are part of the Partners BDSM group but they are both Tops so they haven’t interacted with each other ,in fact they tease each other terribly. When Evan finds out she is leaving he is sorry he never tried with her but maybe before she leaves.
Kelly is home and her sister Kiara was dating a guy who was in jail for animal abuse but he is out now so Kelly is determined to keep her safe. When Kiara gets a job on a ranch thats a bit away Kelly deci
Lynette Ottley
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dominant v Domme

This BDSM novel excitedly, though unusual, features two characters who are both tops. And they have always been antagonistic towards each. So expect sparks to fly.

Evan Martin is an experienced Dominant and is presently viewing Kelly Bowman, an experienced Domme with a male submissive at her feet. And he is jealous.

Then Evan hears that Kelly is moving to Texas and suddenly realises that he my have missed the opportunity to get to know her better. Could he be smitten? Then when Kel
Virginia VanSaders
This is the story of Evan & Kelly.  This is a great story.  They have always have banter between them, but find out they attracted to each other and lost a lot time together.  Could they make it work both being Tops?  You have to read it to find out.  I give no spoilers away.  There is also quite a bit of action in this story concerning Kelly's sister, Kiara.  I had to finish this book in one sitting, it was so good.  This whole Submission Series, in my opinion, is the best BDSM Series out there ...more
Mom's Guilty Pleasure
I’m always a fan of a new release by Tara Sue Me. I’ve loved The Submissive Series from the beginning. I never tire of the growing characters and am elated when past characters make an appearance.

“Your thoughts will never be a burden to those who care for you.”

This book had a twist that will stay on the back burner if your mind for awhile. Before you know it you will be trying to solve the mystery.

It wouldn’t be a Tara Sue Me read without some moments that have your toes curling...fun banter..
Helen Casner
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simply fantastic

Tara Sue Me is always amazing me with her writing. Never saw Evan & Kelly's story coming but glad it was written. If you are into the BDSM genre you will certainly not be disappointed with author Tara Sue Me or her writing. This is my favorite genre and author. Tara Sue Me I fell in love with Nathaniel and Abby West, I am begging you to continue with the Submissive series. Maybe in the future we might see Elizabeth and Henry into the same life style? Please keep writing and I wil
b.andherbooks
Two members of a BDSM club have a sexually charge, yet antagonistic relationship, but because they are both tops see no future in any sort of relationship. But one night of wild passion opens up a world of possibilities but a world that is shut down when a big move pulls them apart.

A fun, quick, steamy read with a bit of a suspense plot that I personally didn't care about.

CW: a character's trust was taken advantage of in the past, leading her to not want to risk submissive behavior.

An advance co
Kym
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Not quite what I expected and felt a little like I was missing more of their background story, perhaps in another story? Checked and this is a stand-alone but maybe more in the author’s Submissive series?

Evan was my favorite character. Respected Kelly enough to follow her lead (not wanting to give anything away here). Unfortunately, Kelly seemed to lack any depth of emotion, just wasn’t really able to connect with her.

Thank you NetGalley and After Six Publishing for an advance reader c
Melanie Marnell
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When a Dom and a Domme get together who Tops whom? Finding out could happen if Kelly and Evan would ever stop their sniping at each other. Another marvelously steamy book by Tara Sue Me in her The Submissive series. A great storyline with wonderful characters who almost ignite the pages are the hallmarks of Tara's books. ...more
Nancy Rundle
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just love Evan & Kelly. I was so happy to see their story unfold. All relationships are met with struggles, but most will over come them and thrive from it. I have a feeling these two certainly will 😊. Im excited to see we will get to read more on them in the future! They are indeed a power couple in more ways that one 😘
Christine Galletly
I really enjoyed this story and found it to be a fun, and fast paced read!
I thought that the story was well written and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
The characters worked well together and I found them to be well developed.
It is 4 stars from me for this one - I really enjoyed it! Highly recommended!!
K.
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Steamy, and entertaining!

This was my first time reading anything by this author, and I found this to be an enjoyable read.

I found this book to be a quick, sexy, kinky, humorous, and emotional. I liked the characters, and they had a great chemistry. I look forward to reading more books by this author in the future.
Priya
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, arc, romance
A short and well written BDSM romance. It has made me want to read the other books in the series. Evan and Kelly were well-matched. I only wished that the book was longer.

4 well deserved stars.

I received a free book from NetGalley.
Sue
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Although this is a stand alone and can be read as such, I am glad I have read the others in the series first. This is a fantastic series and I was glad to see another book in it. Tara’s writing is so amazing, you won’t want to miss this book.
Tara Hancocks
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant writing like always from Tara Sue Me. Really enjoyed reading this.
Cee
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 star. As with other Tara Sue Me books its not hard core BSDM. Nice HEA story with a little mystery thrown in for good measure. A pleasurable read.

• Cherish Me (Stark Ever After #6.5)
  • Tease Me (Stark International Security, #2)
  • Ruined With You (Stark Security, #3)
  • Delight Me (Stark Ever After Celebration)
  • Wrecked With You (Stark Security, #4)
  • Indulge Me (Stark Ever After #6.3)
  • My Fallen Saint  (Fallen Saint, #1)
  • Slash (Slay, #4.5)
  • Wicked as Sin (One-Mile & Brea, Part One Wicked & Devoted, #1)
  • The Donor
  • Tangled Up In Christmas (Texas Heat #2)
  • Wicked Ever After (Wicked & Devoted #2)
  • More Than Pleasure You (More Than Words, #5.5)
  • Holiday Ever After
  • Kiss Me Tonight (Kiss Me, #2)
  • Lost in You (Masters and Mercenaries: The Forgotten, #3)
  • Rising (Slay Quartet, #4)
  • Gage (Love Under the Lights, #1)

NEW YORK TIMES/USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR

Even though she graduated with a degree in science, Tara knew she’d never be happy doing anything other than writing. Specifically, writing love stories.

She started with a racy BDSM story and found she was not quite prepared for the unforeseen impact it would have. Nonetheless, she continued and The Submissive Series novels would go on to be both New York

Submissive (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Submissive (Submissive, #1)
  • The Dominant (Submissive, #2)
  • The Training (Submissive, #3)
  • Seduced By Fire (Submissive #4)
  • The Enticement (Submissive, #5)
  • The Collar (Submissive, #6)
  • The Exhibitionist (Submissive, #7)
  • The Master (Submissive, #8)
  • The Exposure (Submissive, #9)
  • The Flirtation (Submission #10)