Start by marking “Blood Is Forever” as Want to Read:
Blood Is Forever

Blood Is Forever

As a fae-vampire hybrid, scorned by all, Holden’s life has never been easy. The one bright spot is his job testing blood at supernatural crime scenes. It’s routine work, until the day he finds a victim he can’t read.

When one murder becomes two, and then three, it’s clear there’s a serial killer on the loose—one with a penchant for collecting hearts. Finding the bad guy cou
ebook
Published June 3rd 2019 by NineStar Press, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Blood Is Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Is Forever

Start your review of Blood Is Forever
Joyfully Jay
Jun 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: elizabeth
A Joyfully Jay review.

It’s not easy when the only person you can turn to for friendship and comfort is the man who seduced you only because of a debt, but such is Holden’s life. Raoul was his first and only lover, and the only person who will give him the time of day without spitting at him first. Holden, throughout all the insults, hatred, dislike, contempt, and even fear hurled his way on a daily basis has managed to not be made jaded. Instead, he lives with his heart on his sleeve,
Moony MeowPoff
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
ARC Provided by NetGalley & NineStar Press

I kind of fell in love with Holden, he was so adorable and cute c: Liked to follow him through investigations and crime scenes wich normally is not my cup of tea, but i liked it now.
Becca
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy shitaki! You guys need to read this book. Damn. This thing is loaded with fae, vamps, witches and with it comes murders, spells, rituals and all kinds of goodies that go with paranormal stuff. It’s a mystery but almost a thriller at the same time because, let me tell you, there is some betrayals and behind the scenes action going on that is like...holy hell. This book is so good.
Holden is used to being called all kinds of derogatory names and left out of everything. Being a half breed, he’s
Jun 16, 2019 rated it liked it
I received this book as an ARC from the author.

**SPOILERISH**

Blood is Forever is an urban fantasy MM PNR novel, set in contemporary London where there are vampires, fae, witches and demons existing in secret alongside humans. When witches begin dying in the most gruesome and curious fashion, Holden Fae ends up leading an investigation into the case - much to everyone's surprise (including his own).

You see, Holden is half-fae-half-vampire, skirting the worlds of both but never really belonging t
Rian Durant
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

I enjoyed Blood is Forever a lot more than I expected. Contemporary is more my cup of tea but this book brought me back to the paranormal game.

Let’s be honest - vampires, witches and fae, half-fae even, were too tempting, as is the book’s tag line: Sometimes catching a murderer means risking one's heart.

Blood is Forever has a solid plot and fantastic world building. I was envisioning and practically felt as if I was walking down the street in this London-based urban fantasy. The magic,
Devann
I received an ARC copy of this book from NetGalley

actual rating: 3.5

This started out a little bit slow, but by the end I was really enjoying it and there were definitely a lot of twists and turns that I wasn't expecting with regards to the whole murder plot. I was a bit worried for awhile that I had accidentally started reading one of those 'main character falls in love with a rich jerk who we are supposed to pretend isn't a jerk because he's handsome and has money' books that I avoid so vehemen
Lori S.
I wanted to like this, but it got a bit draggy in the middle and the plot a little lost on the way. Unfortunately Holden and Valerius just didn't hold my attention either.
Donna
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Murder, betrayal and love this story has it all. While assisting on a murder investigation fae-vampire hybrid and dealing with a bunch of bigoted jerks Holden is challenged like never before. When partnered with upper class witch Val, Holden becomes distracted and it could cost lives. This story takes us on twists and turns with surprises along the way. Truly enjoyable.
Shirley
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I kinda sorta want more...

Standalone books are great, but every once in a while, I read a book that isn't a part of a series that I really wish was. That's how I felt when I finished Blood is Forever. I loved getting to know Holden and Val and their story came to a satisfying end, but I couldn't help thinking that it would be great to get more from them. *sigh*

Holden was one of those characters that I just wanted to hug. He was treated as an outcast by pretty much everyone. His only true friend
Angel Hatfield
Jun 25, 2019 rated it liked it
DNF
Holden had enhanced hearing as he was a halfen and widely disliked and looked down upon. Halfens were fae half breeds usually fae and human but in Holden’s case he was half vampire. Halfens were considered the lowest of the low even below shifters in the supernatural community. Being half fae/half vampire made Holden as much of a social outcast as it was possible. Cedeyrn-Holden’s father was an important figure in the community - a leader in every sense of the word. If nothing else Holden lea
ChaosMoondrawn
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I would rate this 3.75 stars.

Holden is a half-breed in a world where pure bloods rule. Even though his fae father is the Council’s current Minister for Justice, he has cut all ties with Holden. His vampire mother died in childbirth. It would be difficult for him to be more of an outcast than he already is. Holden's only friend is his lover for the last five years, the vampire Raoul. Working as a subcontractor for the Fellowship’s Investigations Team, he is finally given a chance to take the lea
Anne Barwell
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. The world building is fabulous and I was pulled into the story as soon as I started reading. I loved the take on vampires and fey, and their different abilities, especially with how vampires can read blood.

I felt for Holden and his frustration in being looked down on because of being a half-breed, although I thought it was very cool that he a few abilities from each side of his heritage. However, in saying that I appreciated the problems he has because of that, with not bein
Charlie April
Jun 03, 2019 rated it liked it
I am completely torn when it comes to reviewing this story. It is obvious the author put time and effort into crafting it; and, overall, I enjoyed it… but. Something was missing.
Before I try putting my finger on that, I’d like to say the investigation itself was well imagined. There were quite a few twists I didn’t expect. I am not usually much of a mystery fan, but I enjoyed it. I am certain those who appreciate the genre better than I do will like BIS.
Personally, I am a lot more focused on cha
X. Marduk (Sorcerer of Tea)
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Blood is Forever by Asta Idonea is perfectly respectable. It's a decent romance story, and it sets up a perfectly nice paranormal world. I wished we got to explore more of that world though.

The side characters are horribly Meh. Raoul, the MC's best friend, has the personality of a blank piece of paper. The love interest is better, and the chemistry between the MC and love interest was believable and well written.

I wanted more exploration of the social dynamics - the plot touches upon it. At one
gimmethosebooks
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this a lot actually. As I would read, I would have questions and then more questions. It kept me guessing. And I didn’t figure out the big bad/issue with Val being the killer which is good because I hate being right. I did find it strange that after Holden and Val got together, Holden still called him Blackwood in the narrative...even in the epilogue. I think switching to Val said etc would be more meaningful. I would love another story in this world, especially one featuring Raoul. Th ...more
LOLA
Really good pacing and intrigue.
This is a engaging read. The main guys Holden and Val are helping each other to solve some killings. Things get heated up a bit.
But there isn't much sex. Just not described like a romance novel.
That did not take away anything.
There be a few good twists and turns. That was very cool.
I read this all this and still liked the book. Asta has a good writing style. Fans of paranormal reads will find this a decent read.
(Given a copy for an honest review)
(NetGalley)
(Than
Emalie
Jun 17, 2019 rated it liked it
I'm always intrigued by halflings, characters that are two types of creatures. The main character in this one is vamp/fae and while the synopsis sounded promising, I wasn't completely sold by it. My main problem was Holden, the main character. He was supposed to be this guy with a hard shell, because he had a rough childhood but he is extremely easily hurt by something a random stranger at that stage in the story said. Also his immediate attraction and obsession with Val was also strange. Also I ...more
Ross
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Compelling story

So first I would say this was almost 4 stars for me, more like 3.75. What I liked was the story and world created was interesting and I enjoyed the main character with all his flaws. What I hate in stories is when the author jumps forward is months forward or a year later. Just make the story longer! I know this is my thing but I just feel it takes away from getting too emotional involved in characters. With that said, I don't buy a lot of books anymore because of kindle unlimite
Coltostallion
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'll admit I'm a sucker for a good paranormal mystery, and this was a great one! The characters were enjoyable and I didn't see the twists and turns coming at all! The ending was a little blase for me, but that's just personal preference. They got their happily ever after, even if it isn't one that appeals to me.
Joscelyn Smith
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The characters really made this story for me, they were so complex and just plain interesting. I loved how the mystery of the case pulled me in and had me questioning everything, I seriously couldn't put it down. I found this to be a very enjoyable read I wouldn't mind seeing more from this world.

*voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book provided by NetGalley*
Natalie panda eyes
Jun 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-recs
Received from Netgalley. Would’ve been nice to see something from Val’s POV. I felt sorry for Holden dealing with discrimination and ugh his father. I liked the relationship between Holden and Raoul, that was sweet. Murders, mystery, witches, vampires and fae. A good solid read.
Tracie R
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgally
A well paced, enjoyable read. Blood is Forever is my first read by this author and I am glad I did because it won’t be my last. Good character development and an entertaining storyline I will look to read more by this author.
Rob
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book, it was well written and suspenseful. However the actions of one of the characters were difficult for me to forgive. If this becomes a series l may pass.
Karen Machamer
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. What a great book , I really enjoyed it. Highly recommend to everyone.
Andrea
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I like this one - very unusual moral twist.
Helen M. Whitchurch
Paranormal mystery romance

Smart gifted but the victim of prejudice, hero is shocked when social celebrity becomes his lover and then is framed for murders.
Victoria Taylor
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Slow burn paranormal romance

I love reading books that zig when I thought they would zag and this definite did that a few times. Interesting world building. Good read.
Eva Scalzo
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
when half-fae, half-vampire holden is brought into an active murder investigation in blood is forever, he's frustrated by the fact that he is unable to help the way he is expected to. these murders, how they are occurring, are stranger than usual.

and his failure pushes him to work harder to solve them. when he is paired with witch royalty, val blackwood, everything breaks open. but not before he finds himself entirely taken with val and too enmeshed in the case to be considered objective anymore
Amanda
Oct 18, 2019
BF
Jul 03, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Fantastic Fluke
  • Illuminate (The Magic Users of Greenford #1)
  • Wolfsbane (Werewolves of Boston #1)
  • Give Up the Ghost (Not Dead Yet #2)
  • Mastering the Flames (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #4)
  • On the Wings of War (Soulbound #5)
  • Happy Endings (Demon Magic #1)
  • The Alpha's Warlock (Mismatched Mates #1)
  • Jon's Spooky Corpse Conundrum (Jon's Mysteries, #3)
  • A Crown of Iron & Silver (Soulbound, #3)
  • Origin (Scales 'n' Spells, #1)
  • Stalked by Shadows (A Simply Crafty Paranormal Mystery, #1)
  • Jon's Downright Ridiculous Shooting Case (Jon's Mysteries, #1)
  • Stand in Place
  • Wolf Lost (The Wolves of Kismet #1)
  • Dead Man Stalking (Blood and Bone, #1)
  • The Prince and His Bedeviled Bodyguard (Paranormal Princes #1)
  • His Prince (House of Maedoc, #2)
Asta Idonea is the M/M pen name of author Nicki J. Markus.

News & Interviews