Start by marking “Reputation: A Novel” as Want to Read:
Reputation: A Novel

Reputation: A Novel

In this fast-paced new novel from Sara Shepard, the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Pretty Little Liars, a tight-knit college town scrambles for answers when an e-mail hack reveals life-changing secrets and scandals.

Aldrich University is rocked to its core when a hacker dumps 40,000 people's e-mails—the entire faculty, staff, students, alums—onto an eas
Expected publication: December 3rd 2019 by Dutton

To ask other readers questions about Reputation, please sign up.
Emily I wouldn't recommend for a teen because there are some pretty graphic parts

Start your review of Reputation: A Novel
Nilufer Ozmekik
Three, this book bring out the split personalities hidden inside me by dividing my opinions into two different perspectives. One POV of mine enjoyed this book and the other hated it because she wanted to punish all those characters for being so superficial, shallow, unrealistic like they’re running out of a long time soap opera and accidentally jump into this book’s pages, hello guys get out of this book and go hang out with CW series’ characters stars!

This is the first for me to hav
Holly  B
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A hacker exposes secrets .... the cat is out of the bag for all those who have their private emails exposed for all to see!

This book had some Mr. Robot (a T.V. series) vibes. I loved the series and the chaos the hackers would unleash. In the book, a prominent surgeon, Greg Strausser is murdered. Could it be some kind of payback or revenge?  Maybe he pissed someone off?

Who has a motive? Greg's wife, Kit was pretty upset over his indiscretion. And who is this Lolita  person?

Plenty of secrets in this soap opera of a who-dmurdered. Couldsome Mr.
Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill
This book started out really strong for me. I loved the description! A huge university getting hacked. All the previous faculty and student emails are out there for the world to see. Ekkkk, can you imagine if the general public had access to every email you wrote?! Dear god, there would be hell to pay. Yet some people were exposed more than others- scandals, affairs, shopping habits, you name it they are out there.

I especially enjoyed the catty sarcastic behavior of Lynn right from the start.
Chelsea Humphrey
Sep 18, 2019 marked it as paused-on-hold  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chelsea by: Dutton
Reading books by Sara Shepard is a pleasure that I do not feel the slightest bit guilty about.

description

*Many thanks to the author for providing my signed review copy. I shall treasure it forever and ever.
Cathi - LovesBooksMore
⭐Book Review ⭐
Reputation by Sara Shepherd
2/5 Stars

**I received this book as an ARC from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.**

I’m a little embarrassed to admit I couldn’t finish this book. But I have a rule with myself “Life is too short to read bad books or drink bad wine”. This fit the bill.

There was a big internet scandal at the university. Students, alumni and staff all affected. Coverups ensued leading to murder. Secrets revealed. More secrets attempt
Jamie beauty_andthebook_
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
Campy, fun & a great whodunnit! Touching on important topics relevant to the #MeToo era while also not taking itself too seriously, Reputation is really the thriller I needed from 2019! Having been a mega fan of Shepard’s since the first Pretty Little Liars Book (and corresponding 10+ after), I was excited to delve into the deliciousness that is Reputation!

Opening with a prologue named for a Taylor Swift song (she does have an album named Reputation after all), the plot is soon revealed to
Courtney
This was quite a ride to be honest. Reputation concentrates around kit and her family. Her father is the president of a ivy university and when the university is hacked everyone’s business is out for everyone to see. Affairs, gossip, everything is there on the website for everyone to look up by name.

Kit is married to a highly respected doctor when the hack happens. Her family is now thrust in the spotlight over what is in Greg’s emails. He has been having an affair, but the emails ar
Alexa
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thrillers
This book is fun from start to finish; a soapy ride. I've only read Sara Shepard's THE ELIZAS, but my guess is to readers/fans of hers this will read more like a grownup Pretty Little Liars than The Elizas; good for those for whom The Elizas was too weird/noir. Shepard's has a gift with ultra-specific yet mainstream/normative characters that she gets you to care about, and interweaving multiple narratives/twists.

The main story of the hack is compelling, but then it's the murder that lands like
Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews
FULL REVIEW WILL BE ON DECEMBER 2.

An e-mail hack at a prestigious college reeked havoc on the campus of Aldrich University.

The hack exposed every single e-mail that administrators, doctors, faculty, and students had written.

The e-mails revealed secret affairs, unsavory situations, and other juicy details.

I do need to warn the reader, though, that there are some unsettling, upsetting situations.

REPUTATION is a roller coast of a read with a cover t
Stephanie
3.5 Stars. When it comes to reading a Sara Shepard book, I definitely expect some soapy, crazy drama and Reputation did not disappoint on that front. Full review to come.
Emily
Sep 28, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5⭐

Reputation is Sara Shepard's upcoming release, and this one is an adult novel with all the drama and deceit you could hope for.

This book is fairly twisty (a little too twisty at times, in my opinion), and it was very fun to figure out who the killer was. I suspected everyone. I did have a pretty good guess, but really enjoyed sorting it out.

About being a little too twisty - there was just a bit of overkill on the twists. It took me out of the book at some points because it was
Isabel • The Crime Bookshelf
4 STARS.

Thank you so much to Dutton for the gifted ARC of Reputation! Talk about a juicy drama-filled thriller 😳🙌🏼 This was the perfect book to get me out of my reading slump because it was a lighter thriller that was so incredibly entertaining. This book was filled with so many secrets and a ton of gossip, which made it the ultimate guilty-pleasure book.

What I liked most about this book was that although there were a ton of characters, you really get to know and understand them by the end of
Alex findingmontauk1
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
This book is SO good! Fans of Sara Sheparad will not be disappointed. I love how it is kind of like Pretty Little Liars for ADULTS. I mean, I am an adult and also enjoyed PLL. But the situations these characters are in are definitely more adult-oriented than what the teens in PLL go through. This book has mystery, adultery, secrets, murder, sex, and all sorts of other fun madness. I will never recommend this one enough to any thriller or domestic suspense fan. I had such a great time with it and ...more
Janet
When you don't have a car for a month due to a predatory car insurance industry, you can get a LOT of reading done!!

In this perfectly-paced new novel from Sara Shepard, the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Pretty Little Liars, the women of a t
Nicole Overmoyer
Sometimes, when life is crap for one reason or many reasons, I like to relax with books I’d filed under the sub-genre of Rich People Problems. Some people might find these sorts of books boring, and I sometimes do. But sometimes, when my mood is right – and by that I do mean grumpy and grouchy, I do get a pick-me-up from indulging in the lives of Rich People Problems. This works for fiction, especially, because actual rich people often get away with too much in real life.

I read Reput
Chelsea Hofmann
You know the type of book you can’t put down? The ending of each chapter leads you right into the next, and before you know it you’ve read the entire book and it’s 3 am?

As someone who works in higher education the theme of this book caught my eye right away. A scandal where everyone’s email gets hacked and they’re out there for the world to see? That is a nightmare, and in this book, that nightmare leads to a murder.

This book has so many different characters and they are all interes
CloudOfThoughts_Books Keirstin
I am absolutely loving Reputation by author Sara Shepard! So interesting and has yet to disappoint! Will update with full review closer to publication date!

Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for an arc copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: edelweiss
Reputation is a standalone adult mystery/thriller. I don't know why I thought that this book was Young Adult. It is not!

I was obsessed with the Pretty Little Liars television series when it aired. And have read a few of the author's previous books. So I was excited when I saw that she had a new mystery novel.

The book is centered around Aldrich University (Ivy League school) and involves hacking.

The story takes place in 2017 and is set in Pittsburgh. There are
amanda
Trigger Warnings: Rape, Sexual Assault

Mild spoilers also ahead!

Let me just say that this was a roller coaster to read. Wow. I wanted something fast paced, murderous, and page turning and well I got it.

From the author of the hit books and TV series Pretty Little Liars, Reputation is a book that’ll have you blinking at the pages and screaming what! as your eyes peruse paragraph by paragraph by paragraph.

There’s been a hack and thousands and thousands
McYang
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Deborah Marie
Sep 26, 2019 rated it liked it
***an early copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher via net galley in exchange for an honest review

An adult version of the Pretty Little Liars series? Um, yes please!

I have been indulging in Sara Shepard’s books since I was in high school (so for about 14 years now!), so naturally, I immediately hit the request button as soon as I saw Reputation pop up on Netgalley. Needless to say, I was thrilled when I saw that I had been approved for an arc of it, and as
Emily
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won an ARC of Reputation from Goodreads! This is a wonderfully suspenseful murder mystery that starts with a prestigious university getting hacked. When everyone's emails are made public, secrets and scandals are revealed and reputations are ruined. The story is told from several POVs but it was still easy to follow because it's obvious from the start how everyone is connected. Most of these characters are terrible people who do terrible things but a few have some redeeming qualities too. I ca ...more
Britt
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This twisty book full of secrets kept me constantly guessing and surprised me often.

This fast paced, soapy, mystery was told from multiple POV after a prestigious university gets their emails hacked and everyone’s secrets are exposed. These leaked emails lead to a murder but with so many suspects who can you believe?!
Some books with multiple POV can be confusing and hard to track but not Sara Shepard, each voice was distinctive and dealing with something different which was set off by the emai
Kat
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to NetGalley and the Penguin Publishing Group for the opportunity to read and review the E-Arc copy of Reputation.
Sara Shepard has always been a great writer of campy, mystery filled with drama. The rumors, affair, and murder all make this book a twisty fun thriller that you won't want to stop reading. It is a MPOV book which does add to the different pacing of the mystery. It gives a more who could it be aspect with this plot.
#Reputation
#NetGalley
Jessica Baillie
Aug 07, 2019 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Reputation was a story of a college town rocked by scandal. It begins with a college email system being hacked, secrets, betrayals, cover ups, and affairs all come out of this hack. The author tells the story through multiple points of view and moves through time and the fall out of the scandal through the eyes of each of these characters. Pretty quickly, following the hack a murder occurs. The remainder of the story is set up to discover who the murder was and who hacked the email system. Are t ...more
Moira
Oct 21, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a slow burn that picks up and leaves your head spinning. It’s a twisty thriller that unfolds through 4 different POVs and leaves you guessing and changing your mind every chapter. It’s got it all: murder, scandal, scammers, relationship drama, lies and revenge.

ARC provided by #NetGalley in exchange for an honest and thoughtful review.
Jen Petro-Roy
Couldn’t put this one down.
Kailey (kmc_reads)
Fun & dramatic- RTC
Johnna Whetstone
Loved this book, but also love Pretty little liars. This book was just wow, in my opinion. Well written and chilling, with the right amount of thrills. Kept me turning pages well past bedtime. Look forward to more by this author and in hope this is the beginning of a long series!
Will definitely buzz it up!
Christina (Bookwormmommyof3)
I could not put this book down. Every time I thought I figured it out, another twist was thrown & it definitely was quite the ride.

December will bring a scandal, murder, secrets & a line of characters that you don’t know who to believe.

Fast paced, stories that could be ripped from the headlines & her writing transcends each time she writes.

Thank you so much Sara Shepard for sending me a copy. Published by @duttonbooks & released on December 3rd.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Such a Fun Age
  • The Other Mrs.
  • Good Girls Lie
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • Mother Knows Best
  • We Went to the Woods
  • Would Like to Meet
  • The Family Upstairs
  • The Wives
  • When You See Me (D.D. Warren, #11; Gardner Universe, #20)
  • Fishnet
  • Stolen Things
  • Tell Me Everything
Sara Shepard graduated from NYU and has an MFA from Brooklyn College. She has lived in New York City, Brooklyn, Tucson, Arizona, Philadelphia, and now lives in Pittsburgh, PA. Sara's Pretty Little Liars novels were inspired by her upbringing in Philadelphia's Main Line.