Start by marking “The Deluge (The Storm Book 3)” as Want to Read:
The Deluge (The Storm Book 3)

The Deluge

(The Storm #3)

A deluge is coming...

A year of searching has passed. A year of getting stronger. Harder. Angrier.

Whitney never thought she'd survive without her guys, but she did. They're out there. She just has to claim them.

Now, it's time to go to war.
Published June 24th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Deluge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Deluge

Sophia
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reverse-harem
Series review 4 stars

I was literally shaking as I started the last book of this series. Anticipation is like adrenaline; my whole body was buzzing. So, I switched of my wi-fi and shut out the world. Was it worth it?

Oh, hell yes it was and here goes my take!

It started with a note:
“Whit, please meet me. Please, Whit. We promised each other we’d never let each other down. Come alone. You’ll be safe. Trust me. Touchdown. Spin Around. –Brandon”

Who in their right mind would follow a cryptic note, send
Shannon
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
A very good ending to this series. I really like how our girl had changed and gotten stronger so she could save herself and her guys. They all had a stronger connection in this one and I like how the connections and rescues played out. Good how it ended. I do feel like we could maybe have another one??
Nerdy Housewifey
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good ending

I do wish there had been a little more closure at the end, It was a little abrupt 🤷🏻♀. Descent series though I would give it overall a 3.5-4
Kayla
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
The conclusion that I’ve been waiting for has finally come. I’m left feeling a bit bittersweet about this ending but it has been a good ride! I do wish we had more moments between Whitney and the guys. Their connection was strong and withstood so many obstacles. My feelings were all over the place in this book but possibly a spin off later on? Either way, another great read!
iliana G
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A deluge is coming...

A year of searching has passed. A year of getting stronger. Harder. Angrier.

Now, it's time to go to war.

This is the final book in the series and it rocks!!!!
An Post-Apocalyptic Dystopian Reverse Harem Romance with well developed main characters that throughout the books we see them grow and change.
I really loved the fact how our Whitley kicks some serious butt
Che
3.5 Stars

I've been going back and forth with my rating. Should it reflect the overall series or just this book?! because overall the first 2 books were amazing but this one was such a let down.

Lets start off with miss Whitney. Its been a whole year since the events of the last book and homegirl has had a total transformation both appearance and mental. She's physically fit and personality wise almost emotionless.

So we start off with her starting to execute her plan of rescuing the guys. Not e
 Diana Davis
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Deluge (The Storm Book 3) Kindle Edition
by Ripley Proserpina (Author), Rebecca Royce  (Author)
I received an advanced review copy and am voluntarily leaving an honest and fair review.

It's a sad thing that this series is coming to an end, because I loved it so much. It ticks all my boxes as a Post-Apocalyptic Dystopian Reverse Harem Romance! But I loved so much more about it.

I loved the tender moments between the characters. For instance, the care that Whitney took in selecting items for her s
Lisa
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Post-apocalyptic-zombie-psychic-reverse harem, sounds like too much, right? I'm here to report its a wild entertaining blend as told in Proserpina/Royce style. I need to state up front that I'm late to the Storm party and have not read the first two books, don't be like me, read them in order. Snooping on the first two books and thanks to reviewers who give book reports, I was able to glean the needed foundation to enjoy this third book. We get a pov from all the good guy main characters which m ...more
Jennifer G
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Whitney lost her guys one by one to her brother's control. They say what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Whitney is about to test that theory. She's had a year. A year to break down completely. A year to rebuild herself. A year to plan. Now it's time. Time to get her men back. Time to free the other Controlled. Time to kill her brother.

This is a lovely book. That statement cracks me up when you consider that I am referring to a book of rotting, dead Controlled and their evil should be dea
Vicki
This is book three in a series that must be read in order so don't read below if you haven't read books one and two yet, as there will be spoilers for those books.

Book two had a heck of an ending, and I was really curious about how the authors were going to resolve it in this third book. I was really pleased with the state Whitney is in when this book opens, with how she has changed. Similar to the second book, which really revolved around Whitney being sick and the consequences of that, this o
Jammie Bebout
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been completely obsessed with this series since the first book, so I’m both excited and disappointed to be reviewing this last book in the series. I have to say though, that I couldn’t have asked for a better or more fulfilling ending. I’ve always believed the premise of this series to be incredibly inventive, interesting, and evocative. Seriously! Who knew the lives and love of six technically dead men could be so intriguing? They loved Whitney with their whole hearts, beating or not. Th ...more
Jenny
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
The Deluge is the last and final book in this series and I felt a bit saddened to say goodbye to one of my favorite apocalyptic/ zombie read.

The story started a year after all the guys were taken from Whitney. During those times, she reinvented herself to be tougher and smarter than what she was before; to be strong enough to free her men from Dex's control. It was a tough year for Whitney and a lot of bad things happened but she used those experiences to harden herself.

I got misty eyed during
Anna
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third and final book in The Storm series. At the end of book two we were left devastated when Whitney lost her guys. Watching them walk away. Then Carson, oh that broke my heart. In The Deluge a year has passed. Whitney has been through the emotions and has settled on becoming the best, strongest version of herself. She has to be in order to get her guys back.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this series. It's a different spin on zombies than I have ever read/seen before. So that in itself w
Valerie
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series and hate that it's the end. But oh what a awesome ending it is. Whitney has a had a whole year to transform herself into a warrior queen of death and destruction. She will not hesitate to do what needs to be done to get her men back home. She has been through a lot. A woman alone in this world better know how to fight and kill if need be to survive. She is ready to take on Dexter and his Controlled. Break it down until she has her men. She has trained her body and mind. She ha ...more
Essi
Jun 25, 2019 rated it liked it
The ending of the last book left me on the edge of my seat and anxiously waiting for this book!! I really enjoyed the previous two books in this series and I enjoyed this one as well. Some parts of the book felt a little rushed and not as in depth as I would have liked but I think that is just a reflection of Whitney’s mental state at those times. I loved reading about these characters and seeing what’d happened to them in the elapsed time from the end of the last book to the beginning of this o ...more
Keryn
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bravo!!!! A brilliant ending to an exciting, suspense filled series. If you thought Whitney was a firecracker before, just you wait!!! The story picks up ONE YEAR after she lost her beloved guys to her psycho brother. One year living alone in that dystopian, zombie filled world apart from her loves. To say it changed her is an absolute understatement. Watch out works.... Bada$$ Whitney isn't playing, and she wants her guys back. Oh, and possibly to put an end to her brother once and for all. Thi ...more
CarolKat
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whitney is changed, she realized that in order to get her guys back she needed to be stronger. It's a year later, she lives at Zero with Wendy and she's leaner, more muscular and stronger than she's ever been. An interesting side effect, her psychic abilities grew in strength as well.

She's ready now and she's going to get her guys back.

Unfortunately yanking a hoard of uncontrolled from Dex only alerted him to her presence. She only gets John in this first attempt.

Her new found strength allows he
Gabrielle Lee
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Whitney is on a mission. It is time to take back what is hers. Her brother has to go and Whitney is going to make sure it all ends now. She has trained and is ready to do what she must.

I truly enjoyed seeing Whitney grow and become the soldier she needs to be in order to stop the evil. This story is a wonderful ending to this series. It is full of action and angst and it will pull on your heart strings at times. I quickly got lost in the adventure and was entertained all the way to the end. The
Pam Louis
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's been a year since her evil brother Dexter stole her men from Whitney and turned them into mindless controlled being. She spent this year growing stronger in the Hope's of taking them back and freeing them. It's not as simple as just knocking on his door and saying hand them over. Nope. There are 1000s of controlled zombies between her and her men plus the men that work for her brother to. Can she do this all on her own?
It's a must read because I am not telling you lol. Amazing story. I lov
Flaflinko
Kickass Whitlee strikes back

The previous book in this series left me heartbroken and angry after a major cliffhanger. Dex taking back control was definitely the push Whitney needed to get to work. This book starts a year after the previous one and it is obvious throughout the book that Whitney didn't spend her time knitting socks. She trained and honed herself in the weapon she needs to be to defeat Dex and get her men back.

This book is definitely a fitting conclusion to the series. Using the t
Sooze
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you like zombies, RH, strong FMC, and well developed relationships......you will love this series. The Deluge picks up 1 year after the ending of Thunder Rolling in The Storm series. Whitney has survived so much since her guys were taken. She has grown stronger, yet she has also grown withdrawn. Her entire focus is on getting the guys back. Unfortunately, things do not work out like she had planned at all. She has to adjust and make changes to her plan in order to survive.

This was an outstand
Kim
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Strength on Fire – this is Whitney! One year, her loves are gone, she is surviving the world. I don’t normally do zombie stories. And yet that is only a part of this world that we get. For two books now, Whitney has been relearning what the world is, who her loves are – and aren’t, and now, everything breaks and she knows who she is. And she’s going for what she wants.

The power that these two authors have written into this series is amazing. I enjoy reading their characters and the worlds they
Erin Figueiredo
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Intense but Fantastic!

WOW that was an intense but amazing ending to a really great trilogy. Book three is filled with lots of action, suspense and plenty of steamy moments. It doesn’t disappoint. We get a great ending to a tragic story.

Whitney has grown so much since she was forced to. She has turned herself into one hardcore kickass heroine. She no longer takes crap from anyone. Her boys need her though and she knows just how to get them back. I loved this new Whitney.

Book three will definite
Country Goose
Jul 13, 2019 rated it liked it
I have been let down

There is closure, but it was so boring and did not satisfy the build-up. I am so disappointed with this book.

It was overly exaggerated she "made her body into a weapon" and she became some hardened survivor. A year has passed. A single year. Sure, she could toughen up, but there is zero way a spoiled girl would become so lethal she could take on a group of men without some help. Sorry, I don't buy it.

The writing felt different too, as if a totally different person wrote it.
Gladys
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book three brings this series to enjoyable end. The entertaining storyline and complex characters get and keep your attention. Whitney is a woman that has been forged in fire. She is steel strong and is firmly in the driver's seat as the story unfolds. Action, excitement and suspense are well balanced with genuine emotion, passion and sweetness. I am sad to reach the end with these characters but I am happy with how it did and as readers know that is all you could ask for. Of my own accord I am ...more
Joann
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing

No spoilers of any kind included!
So this is all I’m going to say about this book and that is I thought it was fantastic!
I’m sad though that this was the last book in The Storm series because Rebecca Royce and Ripley Proserpina are an amazing story weaving team!
Hopefully they’ll create more awesome stories together in the future because they are just that good together and separately!
So yes I most definitely do recommend this book but if you haven’t read the books before this one then I highly su
Alexandra
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Final book of series!

Its been a year since Dexter turned the guys back into the controlled. Whitney grew stronger physically and mentally in that year. Now she 's ready to get back her guys and finally kill her brother, Dexter. As they return to themselves, new abilities are revealed to each of them and they become more unified as a group. It was a great ending to a really good series although in the beginning, i didn't know what to expect with the guys being Zombies with a conscious.
Haley Lynne
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What I loved most about this was that Whitney did what needed to be done, and didn’t pity herself. This book was the perfect ending to this series. I love these characters so hard, I found that I couldn’t put this one down. I went back and re-read the whole series to keep these characters with me. What caught me with this is that even though the guys had been “controlled” they kept their personalities as much as they could. They could still “sense” Whitney. Honestly one of my favorites hands dow ...more
Taylor
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hold on to your hats Whitney is back and she is ready to get her men. This third book we really got to see Whitney grow as a character mentally and physically.  It was great to read her transformation and then to go on the journey of getting her men back! You will not be disappointed in the conclusion to this series. Oh and there is one scene...whew.... you'll know when you get there! I thought it was very well done and would even love to see more about what life is like down the road for them! ...more
Sydney Hopke
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW what an ending! What a difference a year can make! And that's where this series picks up a year after Whitney's world is changed when her men are taken. Now she's in control and nothing will stop her! The authors do a great job bringing this to an end that the reader will love! It's full of so much suspense and feeling that you just have to love it. I'm sad that it's over but it was done in such a way that I'm happy at the same time. You can't go wrong reading these books!
Ripley Proserpina spends her days huddled near a fire in the frozen northern wilds of Vermont. She lives with her family, two magnificent cats, and one dog who aspires to cat-hood.

The Storm (3 books)
  • Lightning Strikes (The Storm Book 1)
  • Thunder Rolling (The Storm, #2)