Start by marking “En chute libre” as Want to Read:
En chute libre

En chute libre

Elle va lui donner une raison de se battre.
Il va lui apprendre à affronter ses peurs..

Solomon Sanders n’a pas de temps à perdre avec les sentiments. Depuis toujours, la violence fait partie de son monde, de son ADN.
Il se bat pour ce qu’il croit juste, pour les personnes auxquelles il tient, pour sauver les quelques graines de bonté qui subsistent dans le désert aride qu
Paperback, Editions Harlequin, 324 pages
Published September 4th 2019 by &h New Adult (first published March 26th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about En chute libre, please sign up.
Nicole I love, love, love the Marked Men series. I cannot get in to the Point as much but I did really like Downfall. You don't have to read the other Point…moreI love, love, love the Marked Men series. I cannot get in to the Point as much but I did really like Downfall. You don't have to read the other Point books first but it is helpful. She doesn't refer to the overlapping characters by name in Downfall but if you read the other Point books first, you will know exactly which character is which.

So...to answer your question....I think you will be fine either way. (less)

Start your review of En chute libre
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Solo’s a man that’s got his plate full. He’s got no time for all the little things you’ve got to do when you’re trying to make a relationship work, yet he manages to make time for his neighbor Orley and her cute little girl. Orley has hit rock bottom and life’s just been throwing jab after jab without giving her a break.

I liked these two together. They were a testament to life bringing you what you need when you need it and not when you think it’s convenient to get it. I enjoyed the transition
Kate
**Warning: this text may contain spoilers**

Please do not read my review.

My first Jay Crownover book and most certainly my last one. I'm not kidding here peeps.

DNF @ 54%

This book is pointless. It is dull and I was bored out of my mind. It was also predictable.

Just my opinion here.

photo New ARC_zpsdpyxs3wn.jpg
Carmen Rae
First I feel like I need to confess I have not read any of the welcome to the point series. I got this from KU thinking it was a complete standalone then I saw it ties in to that series I got a bit nervous but having read it as a standalone I can say it was awesome. I am sure if I had read the other books I probably would have been excited figuring out who the boss and the devil were but now I am just anxious to read there books.

See I even somewhat randomly one click KU books so I went to get
Shayna
I’m extremely bummed out that I didn’t love this book! I’m usually devouring Jay Crownover’s work, but this one fell flat for me. I’m not sure if it was the lack of depth, complexity, or details, but I couldn’t connect with these characters. I just felt blasé about the whole thing. It had some exciting parts, some sexy parts, but in the end I wasn’t 100% invested in their happily ever after. That being said I might be a little bit picky when it comes to her books because I’ve loved EVERYTHING ...more
Bookgasms Book Blog
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ratula
Gah!! Jay Crownover's stories are like Candy for me. They are so delicious and addicting and you can never stop wanting more!! When I read the blurb to Downfall I knew I had to read it but the fact that it was a true standalone set in the world of The Point was the cherry on top!! Gah!! This story was absolutely fabulous. It was sexy, intense, compelling and so addicting. I never wanted it to end!!

When Soloman "Solo" Sanders met Orley Vincent and her three year old daughter, Noble, he could
Dilek VT
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I read RULE by Jay Crownover and loved that book; it really was captivating. However, this book was boring and slow. I tortured myself so that I could finish it. For me, it lacked depth, soul and heart. I don't know how I can describe it but it kinda lacked color; I felt as if I was watching a black and white film.

It wasn't convincing; it didn't feel real. Maybe it was because the characters were flat so I couldn't connect with them or maybe it was due to the dull story-telling of the writer.

Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Struggled to finish this one! I typically love Jay Crownover’s stories, but Downfall lacked emotion and chemistry and heart! I wanted to love it, but it just didn’t work out for me. That said, I’m really really really looking forward to her new series coming soon! I’m so excited about that!
Leslie
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know how some romance novels talk about how the hero has this mythical unicorn Johnson that can do things no other mortal man can do? (Don’t worry I’m not going where you think I’m going I’m going.) Well, Jay Crownover is a mythical unicorn author who soothes and excites with her words (crap, I said I wasn’t going there, and now this is getting awkward), but who also has a sense of danger and adventure combined with a massive amount of heart. This woman can tell stories, man. Badass stories. ...more
Red Cheeks Reads
5 SMOOCHES!

I adore Jay Crownover’s writing, I love her characters and her stories, I love how she makes me feel and think. She draws me into her characters’ struggle with edgy, gritty, deeply emotional stories intermingled amid a steamy, hard-fought romance. Her stories consume me, her characters stay with me, and I look forward to a new story from Jay with kid-in-a-candy-store anticipation. I know she’s going to wreck me in the best way, and while I may not walk away from the experience
Jenn
She joked that falling in love with her had been my downfall, but she was wrong. Falling in love with her was my salvation.

Jay Crowover is one of my insta read authors so the minute this hit KU, I downloaded it. And I was not disappointed. Jay is known for her gritty romances and Downfall was no different. The story of a girl running from her past and boy doing what it takes to protect the streets he loves.

Solo was raised on the streets but thanks to a determined mother, he also knows
Big Joe  Rossi

Orley is on the run with her daughter from her family, her stepfather specifically. From rich and affluent to a dear in the headlight's single mom living in squaller. When one night she is almost attacked and likely raped by a derelict, a hero emerges from the shadows.

Solo, a big, muscled, tatted, sexy, scary man. He saves her. She runs never even saying thank you. Luckily, she will get more chances as it seems every time she is is danger or need, he comes to her rescue. Not only that,
TeriLyn
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 "Just in the right place at the right time." Stars

Great characters and story. I love single mother romance. The way Jay Crownover never makes her relationships overly angsty feels so organic and makes reading that much more pleasurable. This was my first foray into the Pointe. Can't wait to get back.
Lynsey A
This book ties into the Breaking Point series but is very vague in the other characters because she wrote this book as part of her newsletter. It was a good story it just had trouble keeping my interest. I'd pick it up and then put it back down. I thought the heroine was a bit stuck up at the beginning and I never really warmed up to her. I loved the hero but he wasn't enough to save the heroine for me.

This series of hers was never really my favorite. You won't miss much if you skip this one.
Kayla Jamison
Holy cow this book felt like it’d never end. Why the heck are they acting like they live in an apocolytipic city or something? Acting like every corner is a bad person and every guys trying to rape the heroine. It was so strange.
Kim
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-5-stars
I love the fact that people can jump right in and read this one without having read The Point books, but that fans can figure out who all the players are making the story more fun.

Orley is the new girl in a run down apartment complex in The Point. It is obvious she does not belong there and is running from something. She just cannot seem to catch a break until Solomon Sanders comes to her rescue...literally. And he just seems to keep showing up for her.

Solo does not think he has time
Misha Carlstedt Robinson
It's been a while since I read a Jay Crownover book, and this one hit the spot. I enjoyed all the characters, especially Solo. I'm a sucker for a guy who is rough around the edges but has a heart of gold.
Alexandra
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
I received an e-ARC in exchange for an honest review. Review and blog tour can be found on *Milky Way of Books*

This story, as told in Jay's introduction at the beginning of the book, is set in the world of The Point series. Since I have pretty much read everything, I knew what was happening and what was going on with the code-named key characters. If you haven't read the series, then there's no problem because this is a good start if you are a first-time reader of Jay's works.

I loved Orley and
Whoo Gives A Hoot
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
Jay Crownover is an incredible author and one of my favorites because of the unique way she manages to create worlds that readers never want to leave! She brings us back to the Point with a brand new cast of characters and a few familiar faces that you might recognize. Of course if you haven't had an opportunity to read Welcome to the Point and The Breaking Point series yet don't fret because you can still totally enjoy every moment of this story
Sharrice
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I started reading Downfall in Jay Crownover's monthly newsletters. I stopped about midway because I wanted to read the story all through. When I got a reviewers copy of the book with the beautiful swoon-worthy cover I knew I'd made the right choice.

Downfall is set in The Point, which if you haven't heard of, you are seriously missing out on some amazingness. Getting to see past characters again just had me so giddy.

Orley left everything behind to take care of her daughter. The money, the power,
Delia
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read so many bad reviews about this book but this never stopped me to have a go...

Yeah, it wasn't so much drama as I used to find in all of Jay's books; meeting the bad guys from The Point was definitely making this book enjoyable.

I'm glad I could read a love story based in The Point, a story where some good can happen too not only horrible things like crime, drugs or illegal fights.

JC is still my favourite author and I'll never have enough! Always counting the days down till another of Jay's
Darcy
I liked this one, liked how devoted Orley was to Noble, liked how Solo fit in with them and how he protected them when it was needed. But I oddly found myself wanting to know more about The Boss and The Devil, wanted to know the men they were and why they were willing to protect Solo and then help him with Orley and Noble.
Denise
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great addition to the Point series. You do not have to read the series to enjoy this book. There are characters referred to in the story that are in the series itself but their names are not given just what people refer to them as such as Boss and Devil. This was a shorter read but I still really enjoyed Solo and Oreleys story. It has the same feel as the other Point books.
Heather andrews
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Solomon tends to get side tracked, “I can also see that you didn’t bother to put a bra on after your shower . Guess which of those things I can’t stop thinking about?” I liked this book, I fell in love with Solomon.
Seffra
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I felt that this book lacked depth and was quite boring. I wanted the characters to develop a bit more where I could actually feel their emotions and problems—they were very one-dimensional.
Rachel
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Orley doesn’t belong in the Point. She knows it and everyone who sees her knows it, but she needs to be there, feeling like it is the only place she can hide while she gets her feet back under herself. She does her best to keep under the radar, keeping things as routine as she can for her daughter while trying to build a future. Orley’s determination to do things on her own has kept her distanced from her neighbors, and when things get even dicier she isn’t sure how to ask for help,
Pam Nelson
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was kinda awesome I loved that it felt like a point book but not. I love that she was a single mother and how this big kinda scary dude who was so standoffish wormed his way into their lives and it was so much better for not only them but for him.

It had me sucked right in, I didn’t want to pause it for any reason.
Not your normal boy next door that is for sure but it was one of my favorites by Jay Crownover and I can’t wait to see what more she has in store for us.

I also really
Susi
Mar 08, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
This sounds so, so good *__*
Jennifer Wolfel
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was super excited to read this one because I’m a huge fan of The Point series. I love the grit and determination of the characters in this series. They come from a hard life, a hard background, and they continue to make the absolute best of what they have to work with. I was curious to see where Jay would lead us with these characters.

I loved Orley from the start! She was a woman who was determined just like the rest of the people in The Point to make a life for herself and hide from the
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Jay Crownover is an amazing author that creates these uncommon heroes among dark and seedy cities in her books. Downfall is a story of Orley and Solo and their journey of discovering who they are by embracing the connection that they have with one another.

Orley is running from her past and wants to protect her daughter, she settles in a part of the city that she is not familiar with nor does she feel that she fits in among her neighbors. Solo is just your average guy trying to do his best to not
Trader (RedHotBlueReads)
Oh, how I loved this!

Orley and her daughter Noble are stuck in a bad situation in the bad part of town and more danger is heading their way. It's a good thing that Solo is there to help Orley deal with her new life on the run.

Solo works as a car mechanic as well as fighter-for-hire and lives next door to Orley. If you have read any of the Welcome to the Point/The Breaking Point series from Jay Crownover, you might recognize some of the characters in Downfall. While the author doesn't use their

• Repeat
  • Boyfriend Bargain (Hawthorne University, #1)
  • Tristan (The Ruins of Emblem #1)
  • Eleanor & Grey
  • My Life in Shambles
  • Pieces of Us (Confessions of the Heart, #3)
  • Code Name: Genesis (Jameson Force Security, #1)
  • The Slow Burn (Moonlight and Motor Oil #2)
  • Until December (Until Her/Him, #8)
  • Lies
  • Written with You (The Regret Duet, #2)
  • Undeniable (Cloverleigh Farms, #2)
  • Written with Regret (The Regret Duet, #1)
  • Play Me
  • Catching Him (How to Catch an Alpha #1)
  • Finding Storm (The Storm, #4)
  • Irresistible (Cloverleigh Farms, #1)
  • Demon You Love (Lost Boys #2)
Jay Crownover is the International and multiple New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Marked Men Series, The Saints of Denver Series, and The Point and Breaking Point Series. Her books can be found translated in many different languages all around the world. She is a tattooed, crazy haired Colorado native who lives at the base of the Rockies with her awesome dogs. This is where ...more