Start by marking “The Case for Temptation (About That Night..., #1)” as Want to Read:
The Case for Temptation (About That Night..., #1)

The Case for Temptation

(About That Night... #1)

“We can’t see each other again…

and I think you know why.”

After an impulsive one-night stand with Jacob Stone, Teagan Hunter is appalled to discover he’s a lawyer intent on suing her media mogul brother. They’re done. But Jacob pursues the understated heiress…and Teagan is tempted. Could the powerhouse attorney be the one to give Teagan the new lease on life she despera
Published January 1st 2020 by Harlequin Desire

To ask other readers questions about The Case for Temptation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Case for Temptation

Start your review of The Case for Temptation (About That Night..., #1)
TMR
Jan 03, 2020 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No One
Note: I received an ARC generously from Netgalley, the author and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

I should've been tempted to read and like this novel too..I mean look at the title.

*waits for everyone to catch up*

Yeah well, now you got it.

I mean look at the summary. A one night stand between two enemies (who have no idea they are enemies) which may turn to something else but before that happens, they find out the truth about each other and it becomes an all out-third world war
Isha Coleman
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Power, temptation and scandal run rampant in Teagan and Jacob's world. How could they have known they'd be drawn into the center of it? Grady adds fuel to a backdrop that was built on drama. The Case for Temptation is a whirlwind. What was meant to be one night becomes an obsession that implodes the world around the two main characters. There's so much going on that sometimes I struggled to keep up, but I love a challenge and Robyn Grady always delivers on that front.
Shatarupa  Dhar
This is the first book I am reading by Robyn Grady. Before this I have read a novella by her on Harlequin Online Reads - The Medici's Pregnant Mistress. The Case for Temptation is Book One of About That Night... Series, the last one in the Hunter Siblings Saga (The Hunter Pact Series).

Jacob Stone is a lawyer who is in Los Angeles to attend the lavish wedding of an old friend. While there, he comes across a woman named Teagan, and within three hours of knowing each other, they have a one-night st
Kelly-Jo Sweeney
Dec 21, 2019 rated it liked it
The Case for Temptation is a little different to some of your other romance novels. It begins with our hero and heroine getting together for the night. As the book progresses they try to decide if they can fit into each other's lives, particularly when it comes to dealing with the baggage from each other's past.
There is a lot going on in this novel, with both Jacob and Teagan questioning if they want a relationship with one another and if they can make it as a couple. There are a few occasions
Kari Hansen
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Teagan is in LA attending a wedding where she meets a sexy stranger and they spend a steamy evening together and go their own ways the next day. When she finds out her family’s business is in trouble, she heads back home never expecting that that is where she and Jacob would reconnect or that they would find themselves with differing agendas regarding his next case.

Jacob hasn’t forgotten his one night with Teagan and would like a repeat however his career as a lawyer could put an end to anything
Wickedly  Romance
May 27, 2020 rated it liked it
I wasn't crazy about this book. It had a good story idea. Jacob and Teagan were both decent characters. They meet and have a one night stand. I mean happens but then it's like they are always apart. It felt like they were just never together. I don't know this just didn't work for me but that doesn't mean you would love it.This review was originally posted on Wickedly Romance ...more
Ree
Jan 03, 2020 rated it liked it
The story was a bit difficult to follow at first for me - I didn't realise that the book was part of a series - there's a lot going on!

After an amazing night together that ends on a sour note, Teagan Hunter & Jacob Stone find that they can't quite move on from each other. Family issues interfere over and over, but their connection seems to be even harder to sever.

Robyn Grady managed to hold my attention with this offering. The story showed that, once you believe in love & you're willing to try,
Klynn
Dec 25, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Case For Temptation (About That Night..., Book 1)

There's a lot going on plot wise in this book (one night stand, assasination attempts, unplanned parenthood) which made it really confusing at times. It seems like the author just threw in a lot of stuff to keep it interesting. Overall its not bad book but I would have expected this to be book 2 or 3 in a series and not book 1.
Lynn Brooks
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 STARS!

One night turns into a forbidden love affair! THE CASE FOR TEMPTATION, part of the About That Night series by Robyn Grady was a really fun read. A chance meet up at a bar, a forbidden night of passion ... and just when they realize they feel a connection and want to pursue something more, the real world rears it's ugly head.

Teagan Hunter is a head-strong confident business owner who didn't want to rely on her family's glitz and reputation to make her way in life, so she struck off on
Phoebe
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Stone does spend the rest of the book following her around the globe. Robyn Grady makes him work for it. (laugh) I have never seen a couple put through so many obstacles as in The Case for Temptation (Harlequin Desire, 9781488062674, 2020). Though according to Teagan’s brother’s their stories are just as filled with minefields.

The Case for Temptation is the first book in the “About That Night” series and it will put you through the wringer. It has drama, scandal, good looking people, private je
Mindy Lopez
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a book in the About That Night Series and my first read by this author, and I must say that I am pleasantly surprised. The storyline, the characters, and the author's writing style are quite good. It can be read as a standalone. It is a heartfelt, steamy romance between heiress Teagan and lawyer Jacob. What starts out as a one night stand turns into something more. It is a journey of self-discovery as these two different but likeable characters try to figure out a relationship between th ...more
Jean
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jacob and Teagan met at a wedding and a hot steamy night together, but then they find out that they are connected by a lawsuit and decide that they will not see each other any more. Then things change but will they get a chance of being together with all the complications going on in both there lives. There are twists and turns along with danger, pain, suspense, surprises and so many emotions that you can feel it coming of the page's. This book is a real page turner and you have to keep turning ...more
Judy
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
I was not aware that The Case for Temptation was part of a series. Resolution to assassination attempts, mentions of previous kidnapping scares made for one confused reader! I did really like Teagan. At first I liked Jacob, then I didn't like Jacob and then I liked him again (just like our heroine!). I loved that part of the story took place in Australia. Visiting there is definitely on my bucket list. Overall, I did enjoy the story; I would just recommend reading the previous books. Thank you t ...more
Debbie Caswell
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a well written book part of a series but each book is a stand alone story It flows well and keeps you engaged until you turn that last page

Teagan Hunter and Jacob Stone meet at a bar when they are both there to attend a wedding There is an instant attraction between them but they soon realise there is another connection between them Jacob is a lawyer representing a client about to sue Teagan's brother. They know that they shouldn't be seeing one another that it is a conflict of interest
Denise
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
I do not read alot of Harlequin Desires too much anymore unless as this one did the story is tempting to see what and where it is going. Teagan and Jacob give you quite the whirl. The drama is perfect for that late night show but glad it is in here. Scandals are great to sit back with popcorn and see where they land as in here. These two are a force for each other watching and seeing how long they simmer and what will come out of the relationship. This was the first time reading this author with ...more
Angel Hatfield
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After an impulsive one-night stand with Jacob Stone, Teagan Hunter is appalled to discover he’s a lawyer intent on suing her media mogul brother. They’re done. But Jacob pursues the understated heiress…and Teagan is tempted. Could the powerhouse attorney be the one to give Teagan the new lease on life she desperately needs? Or is this a star-crossed scandal waiting to explode?
This was a great quick read. I liked both characters. The plot moved quickly. I recommend.
**I voluntarily read and review
Michele
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Will life continually play these two against one another
This is my first book by Robyn and I would definitely read others! Teagan and Jacob meet at a wedding and head back to Jacob’s hotel room for a night of passion. Yet come morning they discover their forbidden connection, and Teagan pushes Jacob away as a relationship isn’t possible with Jacob’s latest case. What happens when you can’t forget what a good thing they had, but life plays against them. Will they have their happily ever after? Yo
Tori
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Teagan is attending a wedding,where she meets a handsome stranger ,they spend some quality time getting to know each other, the next day is when the consequences of their actions surface, she finds out her family business is in trouble and finds out that handsome stranger is the attorney's of the man whom suing her family's company .
Can these two still have a relationship regardless of the outcome.
I really enjoyed this book and i highly recommend it

I received a free copy of this book via Booksp
Julie
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have been reading harlequin books for years and love the desire series. Jacob Stone is a lawyer who plans to sue Teagan’s brother but she doesn’t know this until after the one night stand. Teagan is determined to stand by her brothers side and refused to date or get involved further with Jacob. Jacob isn’t going to make it easier for her to say no.

Fleur
Shelves: 2020
A decision made on impulse leads to more than a night of passion for Jacob and Teagan but there is a lot going against them. I loved how there are times you think things won't work out right until the end due and the mystery along with intrigue about who is after Teagan's family has you turning the page. I wasn't aware this is part of a series but it reads perfectly well as a stand alone.

Tanya T
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this ARC copy in exchange for an honest review. I haven’t read a Harlequin story for quite some time. This storyline dealt with a couple of issues. The writer had all the necessary love story requirements; family dynamics, sibling relationships, chemistry, sexy hero, passionate heroine, and believable storyline. Well worth the read. Enjoy !
poppy
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ng
While this can be read as a standalone I think it is so much better if you have read the previous books first. I enjoyed this book it was well written and I really liked Teagan she is a good likable character I will admit I could not make my mind up about Jacob though he had some moments when I wanted to throttle him. I did enjoy this book though it was really good.
Celicia Fowlkes
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
They knew it wouldn't work in the beginning. They liked each other enough to overlook some things. She made him question things and he understood why later. She also had to choose too. Is being happy worth it with him? She finally made a solid decision for herself .

Shannon
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2020
I voluntarily reviewed an arc of this book.

This is a well-written story, it is a standalone romance but I do suggest reading the previous books in this series about the Hunter family.

The storyline is interesting and well thought out, the characters are incredibly likable and have great chemistry.
Mary
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Teagan and Jacob's story! It's a heartfelt and emotional story with family drama and good twists and turns. The story is nicely developed with a good and interesting plot. The chemistry and connection between the characters is amazing but with what is transpiring it's challenging to get into a relationship because they are on opposite sides.
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A captivating read from beginning to end! An exciting storyline that leaves you breathless wanting more! Sexy steam filled chemistry! Emotionally heartfelt, enjoyable and fun! One heck of a twisted, intense rollercoaster ride! An amazing must read!

Sonya Heaney
DNF

Great start, but then we were on a horse ranch, and in New York, and in Seattle, and in Sydney, and we met a million characters (all with their own storylines). These books are only 50K long, and all of this happened when I quit at the 50% mark. The hero and heroine's relationship also developed at a crazy pace.
Lori
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a good book and is written well. The story was good and goes by quickly. This was my first book by this author. I would recommend this read.

Michaela Dison
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting story where the main characters have to decide between family and work. They have to overcome obstacles that could hinder their growing romance.

Lisa H
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Let’s do it.

After meeting for 3 hours, 4 max, Teagan Hunter goes with Jacob Stone for a hot and heavy hook up at a wedding.

Too bad he’s about to sue her brother for millions.
Lots of legal metaphors and spice.

voluntarily reviewed

4.5

• From Seduction to Secrets (Switched! Book 3)
  • The Janes (Alice Vega, #2)
  • A Billionaire Dom (The Holden Brothers #3)
  • The Tycoon’s Convenient Bride (European Tycoon #3)
  • One Little Indiscretion (Murphy International Book 1)
  • Her Hollywood Daddy
  • To My Arrogant Boss (The Inappropriate Bachelors #2)
  • Chasing the Truth (The Holden Brothers #4)
  • Supernova (Renegades, #3)
  • The Sheikh's Surprise Twins (Qadir Sheikhs #1)
  • Claimed by the Bratva (Bratva Brotherhood #3)
  • The Cowboy’s Pregnant Sweetheart (McCall Ranch Brothers #3)
  • The Cruelest Stranger
  • Would Like to Meet
  • The Dead Girls Club
  • The Long Call (Two Rivers, #1)
  • Kostya (Heirs to the Bratva Empire, #1)
  • Secret Heir Seduction (Texas Cattleman’s Club: Inheritance #4)
Robyn received a book from her big sister and immediately fell in love with Cinderella. Sprinklings of magic, deepest wishes come true - she was hooked! Picture books with glass slippers later gave way to romance novels. When she was older, she wanted to write one.

However, in junior high, Robyn hit a stumbling block - a disheartening grade of one out of ten for a book review. Confused and hurt, sh

About That Night... (2 books)
  • One Night with His Rival (About That Night..., #2)