Start by marking “LION (Shifter Kings Nashville Book 1)” as Want to Read:
LION (Shifter Kings Nashville Book 1)

LION

(Shifter Kings Nashville #1)

Lion, the future king of the lion prides in the U.S., only has thirty days to find his future queen and secure their fate. But Lion has his work cut out for him.

Jules has had it with shifters, and male lions in particular. She doesn’t need a man, even if he is a king, to mess up her life any more than her brother already has. Tired of being used and manipulated by
Published May 20th 2019 by Written into Existence

To ask other readers questions about LION, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about LION

Start your review of LION (Shifter Kings Nashville Book 1)
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Lion by Holly Gunn is book One in the Shifter Kings Nashville Series. This is the story of Jules and Lion. Lion is to be the next chosen King but he is without his Queen. Jules is a what would be called a half breed because she is half lion but has never been able to shift. Never having much of a good experience with shifters has put her off to them and doesn't plan to be with one anytime soon. But she does now bare the mark of the Queen but can she be made to change her mind?
This author is new
Sherry Koch
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read a lot of paranormal romances, with shifters and this one has a different approach to shifters, their hierarchies and how they find mates. It took me a minute to get everything straight in the story, but that was a reaction of my expectations of shifters and their mates. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this and will definitely be reading the next book in this series. I want to see what's in store for Lion's circle of friends

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily
Sherry Westendorf
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
He is the lion king and needs a mate. But when he finds who is supposed to be his Queen it is not as easy as hi thought it may be. But he is not going to give up. His after all an alpha male Lion. Then you add in more fun. Excitement, emotional situations, family and friends, suspense, drama, stubborn female and wow what a ride. I recommend it. I received a review copy and voluntarily review it.
Darcy
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was ok
I liked the different take on shifters, that both Lion and Jules weren't perfect and the whole 30 year rule, but something was off for me too. I really hated how Jules let her brother walk all over her at the start, glad that changed, but it seemed forced too. I may check out others in the series because it seems like there are "oddball" shifters and not the normal ones you read about which intrigues me.
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! It was fast paced and flowed nicely. The turn of events were done beautifully and the ending was terrific!

Sandra "Jeanz"
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, novella, shifter
As I love the shifter genre as soon as I saw the title of this novella series, I knew I wanted to learn more. I had already decided to try reading the first novella when I noticed that this author states in her author information that she writes erotica, which I won't lie did put me off a little. I prefer certain things to be left to the imagination of the reader. In erotica there are sometimes explicit descriptions that go on and on and I really just don't like them, There is a way at hinting ...more
Lisa
Aug 13, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a fairly new author who shows some promise. The major difference, in this story at least, is the upcoming Alpha, Lion, is kind of your average Joe. He isn't all growl and bossiness. He's got his own insecurities about stepping up to the plate, both as a mate and as an alpha. Unfortunately he only has 30 days to get Jules to agree to mate with him, but Jules can't shift, and as a human, he fears for her safety within the pride as his future queen.

Jules' father was a lion, but her mother
Sharrice
Jun 02, 2019 rated it liked it
View full post with giveaway and teasers: https://reesesreviews.blogspot.com/20...

Lion is a decent short read about finding love in someone else and yourself.

Lion has been marked to become an Alpha, but first, he needs to find a mate. When going out with his friends he finds her, behind the bar, and she wants nothing to do with him. Jules has been through the since her father died. Now the last four months she's been doing everything she can to pay off her brothers debt and keep everything
Tammy Northington
May 26, 2019 rated it liked it
30 days. That's all the time he has to find his queen. Every 30 years, a new set of kings are selected to take over their shifter kind. Lion & his friends have all been chosen when their mark goes dark. If in 30 days they haven't found their queen, they will lose their mark & it will go to the runner up. Hanging out in a bar, Lion notices a human working behind the counter. Jules comes from a pair of shifter/human parents so she's only half shifter. She refuses to be involved in the lion ...more
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Lion was not you typical alpha king of lions

Lion/Lie was not your typical soon-to-be king. He was bit clumsy. A little shy. And a bit geeky with his glasses and mind for numbers. It was the time for new kings to reign and Lion and his group of good friends were in line for the leadership of their prospective prides/packs/ pods ect. . .

Jules was strong, independent, determined, and under her brother's debt. She was more than she appeared to be on the outside. She was so much more than you could
Bubbles The Book Pimp
Jun 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, shifter, pnr
So I’ve read ALOT of shifters... and all the gripes that go along with them. I don’t read that many shifters anymore ( mainly because I feel that there are so many books available ) UNLESS they are sci fi type shifters or fantasy related shifters or just ‘more’ but I wanted to read this book as the blurb grabbed me.

First in series by this author.
30 days to for a king to find his queen or you’ve missed your chance.
Original and intriguing concept. Good story and interesting side characters.
Linda
This is Book 1 in the Shifter Kings Nashville series. What a great start to a new series! Lion, the future king of the lion prides, has 30 days to find his mate. Jules is a lion shifter half breed who has never been able to shift, and she is done with shifters. Now the fun starts. If you love paranormal and need a quick read, then I highly recommend this one for you. It has hot, steamy monkey (okay, lion) sex and some really good action to keep it flowing. The emotion is intense, and you feel ...more
Georgia
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lion by Holly Gunn is the first book in the Shifter Kings Nashville series it is a sexy story and I love it! All I can say is Wow, read this book, it's wonderful. The storyline was engaging and kept my interest as well as the humor, drama, twists, mistakes and emotional turmoil that created tension for Lion and Jules. They are both strong characters and that made for a well balanced couple. The attraction between the couple simmered along nicely as they engaged in a chemistry that was steamy and ...more
Melinda Workman
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome debut book from Author Gunn. This is book 1 in the series and contains lots of background information and character building. Lion is the next in line for the throne and he has a limited time to find his queen before the next candidate gets the chance. The tattoo on his back is the sign that he is the next chosen one. But never having much luck with women didn't give him huge hope of finding his mate. Jules is a half lion/human who has never shifted but she has the tattoo that indicates ...more
Melody Hillier
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
awesome new shifter story to begin this series! Lion is the new would be king of the lion clan, or so says the tattoo like mark on his back, Jules is a half human, half lion who has never shifted, but caries the mark of the next queen.
this story is full of action, emotion, shifter magic, horrible family members, amazing friends and steam!

Debra Richardson
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very interesting series starter and a really fun read! It is well written with a well-developed consistent plot that is funny, witty, and emotionally deep. The characters are likeable – fated mates and perfect for each other. The chemistry and sex scenes are intense and steamy. I look forward to the next book. Definitely recommended!

Stefanie
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lion

Holly Gunn's debut book is a fantastic read!! I loved Lion and his montley crew of king shifters. Lion was so stinking adorable I loved everything about him!! And Jules who was the other side of the coin for him just got together so perfectly. Just one problem Jules has a secret and would Lion be willing to still make her their Queen?
It's a wild, incredibly sexy read!! I absolutely loved every second of Lion and am looking forward to reading the rest of the series!!
Tania
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book it was great the story was well written and the characters were interesting. Lion is the future King Jules is sick males using and abusing. Can Jules push aside how she was treated to become Queen beside Lion. The attraction is off the charts.

Thank you for allowing me to review this book it was great.

Sydney M Neblett
King of the beasts
This book is a first time experience for me with this author. I truly enjoyed the ride. So many misconceptions were overcome on the journey to the HEA at the same time that some emotions were finally allowed to see the light. I love the comradely relationship between the future kings and the way they naturally flow to the queens. I can’t wait to read the next book in the series.
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love discovering new PNR authors and this one is outstanding! Even though they were novellas she develops her characters well and has an intriguing storyline. The Shifter Kings have only 30 days to find their queen. Lion is the first to fall quite literally for Jules and she is not having any of it. She is done with male lions after her brother has done her wrong. Lion has his work cut out for him. Can he convince Jules to be his queen before the 30 days expire? I can’t wait for the next ...more
Penny Ellgass
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a cute short story. Jules is half lion, half human and can't shift. She is bullied by her spoiled brother and has taken care of him and her mother since her father died.
Lion is set to be the next King and has 30 days to find his Queen.
This is their story. It is a fun and easy read about 1 1/2 hours.

Mim Crenshaw
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book. The author made sure that this book was written brilliantly to keep you engrossed. I mean who doesnt love shifters and their fated mates, but she totally elevated it. The characters had chemistry off the charts and the steamy action was perfect. I cant wait for book 2.

Karen Galloway
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Super, Entertaining Story

I voluntarily reviewed an arc of this book. This is a very enjoyable book from Holly Gunn. “Lion (Shifter Kings Nashville) has a Great, entertaining storyline and really engaging characters. I was really engrossed in their story and their engaging chemistry and interaction had me hooked from beginning to end. This is a very good, must read book
Melissa
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
A lion alpha shifter who's ready to find his mate and strong female whose has had it with male shifters especially lions. Jules and Lion were a good pairing in this sweet and sexy short read.

K.O. Newman
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Totally worth it

Go ahead and pick up a copy of this book, you're seriously not going to regret it. It's got a little drama, a little action, and a whole lot of romance with just the right amount of feels.
BusyM3
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An entertaining read. The story flowed well, strong and likable characters, great chemistry between the characters. You will no put this book down till the end. I look forward to the next book in this series.

Deb Cechak
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great beginning !

Holly Gunn writes the beginning of a series that you will want to read with Lion.

We get the chance to meet a group of future shifter kings are join them on their journey to find their queens.

She is already up to book four!
Crystal Guerra
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wowwee

Never read lion shifters before definitely something new to me. Loved the story! You can feel Lions love for his mate!
Carmen  Torres
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Author Holly Gunn is a new author to me. She has written a great book. the story flows well. The characters are well done and yummy.

• Swim Deeper (Keepers of the Swamp, #1)
  • Bite Deeper (Keepers of the Swamp, #3)
  • Dig Deeper (Keepers of the Swamp, #2)
  • The Hunt
  • Fae King (The Crystal Kingdom, #1)
  • Amber (Jewels Cafe, #1)
  • Love Me Tomorrow (Put A Ring On It, #3)
  • Elf King (The Crystal Kingdom #2)
  • Caught Beast Mate (Beast Mates, #4)
  • Dark King (The Crystal Kingdom #3)
  • Free Beast Mate (Beast Mates, #5)
  • Wild Beast Mate (Beast Mates, #2)
  • Sent Beast Mate (Beast Mates, #3)
  • Bear In Mind (Paranormal Dating Agency, #23)
  • Insatiable
  • Bear His Mark (Paranormal Dating Agency; Sylvan City Alphas, #4)
  • Topaz (Jewels Cafe, #5)
  • Tarian Traitor (New Tarian Pride, #5)

Shifter Kings Nashville (6 books)
  • SPIDER (Shifter Kings Nashville Book 2)
  • SHARK (Shifter Kings Nashville Book 3)
  • WOLF (Shifter Kings Nashville Book 4)
  • POISON (Shifter Kings Nashville Book 5)
  • Shifter Kings Nashville: The Complete Collection