Start by marking “Bears Behaving Badly” as Want to Read:
Bears Behaving Badly

Bears Behaving Badly

(BeWere My Heart #1)

These social worker bear shifters give the term "mama bear" a whole new meaning! Bestselling author MaryJanice Davidson is back with this brand-new paranormal romance series featuring a foster care system for at-risk shifter babies and teens.

Published March 31st 2020 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about Bears Behaving Badly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bears Behaving Badly

Start your review of Bears Behaving Badly
PamG
BEARS BEHAVING BADLY by MaryJanice Davidson is a paranormal romantic suspense story that has a unique story line and it is the first book in the BeWere My Heart series. Werebear shifter Annette Garsea is social worker for at-risk shifter children and teens and works for the Interspecies Placement Agency (IPA) which manages the shifter foster care system. She teams up with bear shifter and IPA contract investigator David Auberon when multiple murder attempts occur after she has a selectively mute ...more
Betül
**ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review**
description

- 3.5 stars -

Bears Behaving Badly is my first book by this author. I love paranormal romances, even if I don't read them as often as I would like. The first thing I had to get used to was the writing style. It took me some time to figure out who was saying what, and sometimes I had to read a sentence twice before I understood fully what was going on. It was pretty chaotic at times, and there were a lot of characters I had to get used
Mitticus
+Digital ARC gently provided by Netgalley and author in exchange for an honest review+

3.7 don't-mess-with-my-cubs stars

It's been years since I read anything about MJ Davidson, and this book surprised me in a good way.

The setting is a world where shapeshifters coexist with humans, but it is a secret and underground world. And they live in fear that soon that would stop being secret.

...the skyway was for the naturae fixed, the Stables, those poor souls who were stuck in the same shape from birth
Karma♥Bites ^.~
OK, srsly... look at title... look at author... skim blurb.

How can this *not* be trifecta of YUM??
Jeri
Jan 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books, netgalley
Ok, this is by no means a horrible review or even a really bad one. I love MaryJanice Davidson and adored the Undead series. This series just started off rough. You were thrown into a world and had multiple characters thrown at you with little to no backstory and it left me feeling a bit lost and disoriented. Towards the end of the book I felt a bit more connected so there is hope that as the series continues you are drawn more into it and become more emotionally invested.

I was given an eARC by
Melanie C. Duncan
Dec 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Davidson writes delightfully quirky characters, and this book is no exception. However the secondary characters are more interesting and developed than the primary characters, so I hope they will get their own books in the series. The plot is timely, with few surprises, and longtime fans of Davidson will enjoy entering a new world with her. Fans of Shelly Laurenston may also enjoy because of the bears.
Heather andrews
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
David, you know tends to be a tad bit dramatic, Im driving! You can see me driving! Why wouldnt I be sitting down? The man tends to not beat around the bush, no b*****it, pal: how are you? Hospital bad or going home and sulking and having booze for breakfast bad? The man is sensitive about things, real men dont giggle, he said with a straight face..." I liked this book, I liked David. ...more
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
DNF @ 25%

This book wasn't for me, although I love a bear shifters book, I found the writing style of this very difficult.
Barb Lie
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Bears Behaving Badly by MaryJanice Davidson is the 1st book in her Bewere My Heart series. We meet our heroine, Annette Garsea, a werebear shifter, who works for the Interspecies Placement Agency as a social worker; usually working with juvenile delinquent children. Dev, one of her young charges, is a werefox, and is always running away and getting into trouble; but he also likes and trusts Annette.

David Auberon, our bear shifter hero, is an investigator who arrests the young children in her
Mary Kirkland
Mar 31, 2020 rated it liked it
Annette works at a shifter placement agency and helps shifter kids when they get in trouble or need a home. She's been lusting after David who works in her office but they've never dated.

David works in the same building as Annette and has feelings for Annette so when they work on the same case and it seems that someone is after them for some reason, they get closer and get to know one another.

When teenager, Caro mauls a guy and ends up in custody but won't speak, it's up to Annette and David
Ann Lorz
Mar 31, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranomal, bears
Reviewed by Romancing the Readers Blog: http://www.romancingthereaders.com/20...

It's been a while since I've read a book by MaryJanice Davidson. When I saw this I knew I had to give it a try. Those of you who follow me regularly know how much I love me a bear shifters. So in my mind, I had to try this one.

It turns out that there was much of this book that I really enjoyed. I liked the humor even though at times I felt it was a little forced. Enjoyable just a bit too far.

The sad thing is that
Adjectiveplusnoun
Feb 26, 2020 rated it liked it
ARC Review: Bears Behaving Badly (BeWere My Heart #1) by MaryJanice Davidson
I received this book for free via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review, all opinions are my own. If you enjoy this review, please consider visiting my blog for more

I wanted to like this book more than I did. Its a solid book, and to be honest the only complaints I have are small onesmore personal preference than an actual plot hole/failing of the book. I may as well lead with the complaints, rather than blundering
Treena
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for granting my request for an arc of this book. This review is entirely my own opinion.

This was a fun and very entertaining read. I enjoyed the dialogue and the pace. At no point was I bored. But I do have to say that I actually ended up liking the secondary characters, one in particular (hello Dev Devoss!), more than the MCs.

David, our H, wasnt alpha enough for me. I like my Hs bordering on OTT, all alphalicious, growly and grumpy, and
Marta Cox
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Well this was a quirky, fun read about shifters living amongst us. I loved that the lead was a rather unusual type of heroine as bear shifter Annette is what I can only describe as a social worker determined to protect young shifters. She's constantly worried about a certain Fox shifter and now he's apparently related to a rather dangerous and mute Wolf. Add in the fact that everyone is constantly pushing her towards David an investor that works with the department and poor Annette really has a ...more
Kim
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with MaryJanice Davidsons books when I found her Undead series which follows the adventures of the Queen Vampire, Betsy Taylor. That series was always such a fun read, filled with lots of absurd situations and quirky characters. And Davidson continues with the quirky characters, but makes some of the situations more realistic in Bears Behaving Badly although theres still lots of crazy situations too!

One of the reasons I enjoy Davidsons writing so much is the frantic pace that her
Dianne
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked this book a lot. I didn't quite find it gut-busting funny, but I did get quite a few giggles. MaryJancie follows her tropes and long-time readers are pretty comfortable with this fact. As far as first-time readers of MJD...I think they are going to like this book a lot.

I do wish there had been more backstory-so we could have understood better, what was going on. It took quite a while for me to understand totally what was going on.

I also wish there had been some better editing as I found
Brit Andrews
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This book proves that it is in fact not easy to go rogue in real life as it seems on TV...

That being said done parts of this seems a little jumbled and the characters seem rather confused but that in fact sounds more like how it would be in real life if one day you are doing your job like any other day and the next you are drowning in a sea of conspiracy bad guys and danger. On TV you get from point A to point B rather quickly and things often go according to plan and everybody always seems to
Erica Chilson
I received a free copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

3.5 Stars

Spoiler-Free Review.

Bears Behaving Badly is the first installment in the BeWere My Heart series. It's been well over a decade since I read a MaryJanice Davidson novel, and I was beyond curious to see if her writing style was as I remembered it. Thankfully, it most certainly was. As you can see by the 3.5 star rating, it wasn't so much that MDJ changed- I have as a reader.

Bears Behaving Badly is a solid
I received an advance copy from the publisher via Netgalley for review purposes. This in no way influences my review; all words, thoughts, and opinions are my own.

DNF 21%

Content notes:(view spoiler)
Maranda
Annette Garsea is a caseworker for the Interspecies Placement Agency. She is a bear shifter with a past in the foster care system giving her a heart for the job.
David Auberon is an investigator that aids the agency that Annette's works for who is fighting his attraction to her because of his own history. Secondary characters make the story and events flow but felt the main couple was hindered because of the fight to ignore their attraction to each other. "A copy of this book was provided by
Anne Z.
Apr 01, 2020 rated it did not like it
I'm... confused.
I was looking forward to this book. Shifters are my all time favorite. But what on earth is this?!

The writing is choppy. Confusing. Emphasis on confusing.

There is ZERO background. Background is NEEDED. I rather be a tab bored for a few pages than be dropped into a pot of ice cold water. The shock is intense. I'm lost.

The writing style is not for me at all.
Obviously, there is book for everyone. Some will like it 🤷♀blah... onto the next.

The one star is for whoever wrote the
Donna
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bears Behaving Badly is a story told as only the incredible MaryJanice Davidson can tell it. This is a laugh out loud tale of child abuse. Yes; I know there is nothing funny about child abuse but when you have two foul mouthed social worker bear shifters fuddling their way through an investigation I dare you not to laugh out loud. I totally enjoyed watching Annette and David find their way supported by a quirkily fantastic supporting cast. Run, buy this book.
Ashley (Red-Haired Ash Reads)
DNF 35%

I love paranormal romance, especially shifter romance. When I saw this book I couldnt resist requesting an ARC copy of it. Sadly this book was not for me. To start with, the writing style was very choppy and rough. It made it really hard to follow conversations and scenes. My next issue was that we are just thrown into this complicated world with multiple characters but get no backstore. It was very confusing and at 35% I was still confused about what was going on in the world and with
Joan
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-challange
Like many of Ms. Davidson's previous books - this one had me laughing out loud. Love the snark and the back and forth between the characters. Hope this is the first of many.
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
D.N.F.
I didn't get very far into this story when I put it down in exchange for another book. This is my first read from this author, so it might be a writing style dilemma for me but I just could not get into it despite having a hankering for a paranormal romance. The writing was descriptive, but it was more of a telling than a showing. Right from the start readers are thrown into this shifter/human world with multiple characters and no backstory. It was difficult to keep track of it all and
Lauren loves llamas
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Content warnings: (view spoiler)

MaryJanice Davidsons Undead series was my introduction to paranormal romance, and I have fond memories of the utter ridiculousness that was Betsy, shoe-loving queen of the vampires. I was excited to see she had a new series, this time starring shifters, and its
Amy A
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Werebear shifter Annette Garsea is a social worker for the Interspecies Placement Agency (IPA). She stands up for the young shifters who seemingly have nowhere else to go or have no one else looking out for them. When a young werewolf is put into Annette's custody following a violent altercation, Annette begins to understand there's more to the girl's story than meets the eye.

Enter independent investigator David Auberon. He and Annette have crossed paths on occasion (and no they're not dating!).
Kat
Mar 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Bears Behaving Badly was the first book in MaryJanice Davidson's paranormal romance BeWere My Heart series. This was my first book by this author. I have heard good things about her Undead series, so I wanted to check this one out. It was...different. I admit I had some issues sticking with it; however, it is entirely possible that problem was due to what's going on in the world right now and being stressed other than with any actual problem with the story. I enjoyed it enough that I will ...more
Amanda
Feb 24, 2020 rated it liked it
[I received a digital arc for an honest review]

This is my first time reading a book by MaryJanice Davidson, so I went in with no expectations. A bear shifter social worker who helps young shifters find safe homes and a scruffy PI shifter who find themselves teaming up to stop a shifter trafficking ring , how could I resist a plot like that.

"she wasn't going to hug her crush while on the floor of a filthy parking garage in the wake of their attempted murder. Right? Right."

I wanted to love this
Sharon Tyler
Mar 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Bears Behaving Badly is the first book in the BeWere my Heart series by MaryJanice Davidson. It is currently scheduled for release on March 31 2020.

These social worker bear shifters give the term "mama bear" a whole new meaning! Werebear shifter Annette Garsea is a caseworker for the Interspecies Placement Agency. When a selectively mute and freakishly strong teen werewolf is put in her custody, Annette has to uncover the young girl's secrets if she's to have any hopes of helping her. And not
« previous 1 3 next »

• How to Love Your Elf (Embraced by Magic, #1; The Embraced, #4)
  • A Lovely Drop (The NeverNeath #2)
  • Alone in the Wild (Rockton, #5)
  • A Longer Fall (Gunnie Rose, #2)
  • Badger to the Bone (Honey Badger Chronicles, #3)
  • Betwixt (Betwixt & Between #1)
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Dark Alpha's Temptation
  • The Demigod Complex (Brimstone Inc., #1)
  • Magical Blessings (Cat's Paw Cove #8)
  • You Had Me at Wolf
  • Highland Sword (Royal Highlander #3)
  • The Finders (Mace Reid K-9 Mystery, #1)
  • Blood & Ash (The Jezebel Files, #1)
  • Rubinrot (Edelstein-Trilogie, #1)
  • Unforgiven (Loveless, Texas #2)
  • Been There, Married That
  • Scot Under the Covers (Wild Wicked Highlanders, #2)
MaryJanice Davidson is an American author and motivational speaker who writes mostly paranormal romance, but also young adult and non-fiction. She is the creator of the popular Undead series and is a New York Times and USA Today best-selling author. She writes a bi-weekly column for USA Today and lives in St. Paul with her family. You can reach her on Facebook and follow her on Twitter.

News & Interviews