Start by marking “Ghastly Gadgets” as Want to Read:

Ghastly Gadgets

(Cozy Corgi Mysteries #12)

As the summer tourist season begins, downtown Estes Park bustles with celebrations, inventions, pastries, and murder...Winifred Page's twin brothers-in-law are finally ready to open their invention shop right next to the Cozy Corgi Bookshop and Bakery. But, the noise level is keeping customers away from the bookshop and driving Fred and her corgi sidekick, Watson, out of ...more
Published May 10th 2019 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about Ghastly Gadgets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghastly Gadgets

Start your review of Ghastly Gadgets
Robin Powers
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been devouring these cozy mysteries from day one and I have to say this one had me running in all sorts of directions in my mind. The twins Jonah and Noah have finally got their shop ready to open when something happens to throw a wrench in their plans. I really liked the different twists that Fred starts following and the questions she even poses to herself. And Watson...he really has some special moments where just about everyone and everything gets him grumpy. He's super adorable. I ...more
Grammy 1

Genre: Mystery
Rated: All ages
Pages: 213
Release: May 14, 2019

Wow this is number 12 in this mystery, and it is loaded. We celebrate Valentine’s Day with Winifred and Leo, the handsome Park Ranger…..Yes they are a couple But there is plenty going on for the weekend,,,,

Her twin brothers in law are having their grand opening of their new shop next to the book store. The twins married to her
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
The novel lived up to it's title. What ghastly gadgets the twins, Noah and Jonah made. Noah and Jonah only wanted to open a storefront filled with their creative and visionary inventions...at least that was the plan. A plan doomed to fail.

Added to that plan was a terrible man with his own agenda, in fact, there were two men plotting their own agendas. A collision was inevitable as we learned and the entire downtown area of Estes Park, Colorado would feel the results.

Winifred (Fred) and her Corgi
Laura Thomas
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mystery
It’s summer in Estes Park and the town is all a bustle. Tourists are pouring in, keeping everyone busy. Fred’s 40th birthday will be a big event. And I was excited to see if Fred’s twin brother’s-in-law would finally open their shop and just what it might be. After all the promised and failed openings. I just knew something would go wrong. And it does.

This one had me spinning in circles. So much happening and I wasn’t even sure if there was a murder. Fred got right down to business and those
Heather Martin
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ghastly Gadgets

This is such a great cozy mystery series! This book was full of surprises and I loved all the interactions with the family, the townspeople and Leo. I can’t wait to read the next one!
Victoria Smiser
A new Cozy Mystery?
Oh yes, I was ready, something about missing a certain grumpy Corgi!
At last the Twinventions store of unusual inventions and gifts founded by Fred’s stepbrothers in law was ready for the grand opening. The delays were making Fred and Katie (and the reader) crazy. No doubt it would be fabulous when it was open but most importantly the noise and the dust would end.
The morning after a surprise 40th Birthday celebration for Fred begins with a shattering explosion in the brothers’
Krystyna
The twins rock the town

Another good read that certainly doesn't have the normal air of mystery that the previous books have had. It's only as she delves deeper that she spots the fact that there really is a mystery. Loved the characters and I must admit that I thoroughly enjoyed Watson's reaction to the Basset hounds and the Wally, the robotic corgi.
The twins are nearly ready to have their opening but decide to delay it due to her 4th birthday. However their opening is put further back when one
Debby
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, this newest book in the Cozy Corgi series starts out with a bang ... or rather, a series of ongoing “boom”. Fred’s twin step-brother-in-laws are finishing getting their shop ready for the grand opening, and downtown can’t wait - well, at least for the window rattling noise to stop, But when it does, it’s with a window breaking, life taking, nerve shattering blast that will change some lives.

Fred is once again requested by family to investigate the lost lives ... but she questions if it’s
Jeff Klages
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Dog, your dog her dog

If you have a dog or even a cat you know how much you love it. Well Watson is a very special dog. Everyone loves Watson including his owner Fred. If you've been reading the Cozy Corgi series you know that Fred takes Watson everywhere she goes and most of the characters love to give him treats. His favorite word, by the way. These stories will make you smile and laugh out loud. You'll want to help Fred solve the crimes. Help eat Katie 's pastries and wish you lived in
Marion E. Little
Another Great Msytery by Mildred Abbott

I love Mildred Abbott's characters especially Fred, Katie and Leo, however the star is a grumpy corgi named Watson. Ms. Abbott's stories are full of colorful characters including murders. It's the job of Fred to find out who the murder is, oh wait her job is the owner of a bookstore in a cozy mountain town. But all joking aside, Mildred Abbott is tied with Dean Koontz as number 1 in my list of favorite authors and the only one I pre-order her books. She has
Eirlys
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved reading more about Fred and the grumpy, gorgeous Watson. Twins abounded in this book, leaving chaos and mayhem in their wake. Fred's stepbrother twins are opening a shop right next to her's and the Grand Opening is almost upon them. Naturally there is a dead body, which is considered to be the victim of an accident at first. I loved the robotic corgi which is supposed to translate Watson's barks. There are lots of chuckles with Watson's reactions. .

Watson also makes three new friends!
Erica Chaillot
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love this series. It was the first cozy mystery series I have ever read, and still definitely my favorite. I love Fred, her family, and friends. Watson is so adorable and all of the characters are well-rounded and developed. The town is picturesque and I love finding out secrets about the townspeople that I never saw coming. I am and will forever be a loyal reader of Mildred Abbott. I recommend everyone checking out her books!!
MARY Arias
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful,again.

I love the grumpy darling Corgi! The murder mystery was a page turner, couldn't put it down. Waiting for this Summer, also really wanting a Corgi for my own, the attitude is endearing, I saw a long haired Corgi at the Drs. office the other day and was promptly presented with her fluffy butt and then her tummy! I was in heaven.
Love your books, wouldn't miss one!!!! Mary
Sherry Vaughan
Humdinger

The latest Cozy Corgi is a doozy. Jonah and Noah are finally ready to open their store. But, just before the big event, there is an explosion that shatters windows, kills two people and seriously injuring another. Fred and Watson have their hands (and paws) full trying to find a reason for the blast. It really does appear that the twins are guilty.
A marvelous return to the Cozy Corgi. There are a few surprises in the book and one humdinger of an ending.
Sue
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read!

The cozy corgi series is always a fun read. Laughs, mystery, a little romance. And, a bookstore and cafe! And a corgi! Things are blowing up near the Cozy Corgi. Fred knows where the noise is coming from, and she's about to wring some necks. But she also goes on a romantic picnic, as well as celebrating her 40th birthday. Then the accident happens...or was it a double homicide?

Sherrel
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ghastly Gadgets (Cozy Corgi Mysteries)

I have really enjoyed this series! The characters are likable and complex while the plot has more than one twist to keep the readers attention.
I did however feel the ending was a bit soft when considering what justice could be for negligent homicide.
Marylou Willis
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love these books. I read them as soon as they come out! This one was a little different than the previous books. Secrets that have been kept for a long time come to light. You get to know the family a little better. And then there’s Susan!!! I love Susan. She makes me laugh out loud!! I would highly recommend this series. They are truly a good time!!
Judy Harrison
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining as usual. This series s exciting and entertaining. Right mixture of romance and mystery. This is a great summer beach read. You will thoroughly enjoy.

This a great book to read this summer. It has the right mixture of murder and romance. I enjoy the entire series. You can also get some good recipes
Diane McKenzie
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As it turns out, the Gadgets were not the only ghastly part of this Fred and Watson mystery though not a mystery at first but with friends, family, community, and police support, the dynamic duo help Estes Park return to almost normal.
gary c lehn
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series.....

I've enjoyed reading this story of romance and adventure, Ghastly Gadgets, from the series, Cozy Corgi Mysteries. The author has kept her characters, the book store owner and her bff the woman baker, chasing bad people though murder and mayhem.
Rita
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cozy Corgi Mysteries Book 12

I have truly enjoyed reading this series. In this book, there are twists, turns and surprises! After 12 books in this series, they remain well written with awesome plots and characters! Looking forward to reading more!
C.E. DeJoria
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable mystery series

I've enjoyed all the books in this series starring a slightly grumpy corgi and his bookstore owning mistress. Together they solve mysteries while not taking themselves too seriously.
Lois Bean
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book

Can't wait for the next book. Love the series. Watson is a remarkable dog and can only wish that he was mine to love. Each and every book is a gripping page turner.
Cecily A. Preusser
Always a Good Read

Ms. Abbott's books are always good for an escape from reality! The main characters are fun and well imagined. When the world gets to be too much to handle, I escape to Estes Park and have an adventure with Fred and Watson.
Linda Rainey
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another Great Cozy

Another great cozy featuring Fred and Watson.
I loved the storyline,the amazing characters plus the fists and turns of a good mystery.I
This book is recommended for those who love cozy mysteries.
Janice
Another fun read

Fred does her darnedest to help find out what happened when the opening day of her brothers-in-law’s new shop dies not go as planned. Katie, Leo, and of course Watson all are featured. And can it be that Susan might actually be in friendly terms now? Read and find out. Plus a great new recipe at the end is just the icing on the cake. Thanks for another great read!
Lori Elms
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good one.

This one was good. I liked the story. It seems a little different from the previous books in this series since it focuses more on family than the entire town. I think that if you liked the previous books in this series, you'll like this one.
Kathy
Great read

I love Fred,Watson, Katie and all the characters in this wonderful series by Mildred Abbott and if you love a great cozy with characters you will love and a story that keeps you turning the page then this series is a must read I can't wait to see what happens next
marionlouise
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun read

This series has been a good read and I can't put them back. I enjoy Watson's grumpy side. And the fact all the family gets home once a week for a meal. Family members help each other. So on to the next book.
Jean A Wells
Love the Cozy Corgis!

I’ve read all twelve of the Cozy Corgi books and loved them all. My only complaint is that there aren’t 12 more to read right now! Waiting not so patiently for number 13. Thank you and please write faster!

• Vegetables and Vengeance (Peridale Cafe Cozy Mystery Book 17)
  • When Fortune Knocks (Claire Rollins #7)
  • Mixing Up Murder (Little Dog Diner Book 1)
  • Answers in the Attic (The Inn At Holiday Bay, #4)
  • Lunacy Lake (Zoe Donovan Cozy Mystery #32)
  • Calico Confusion (Marjorie's Cozy Kitten Cafe #1)
  • Haunting in the Hallway (The Inn at Holiday Bay #5)
  • Sweet Obsession (Sweet Cove #16)
  • Terrier Transgressions (Pet Whisperer P.I. #2)
  • Message in the Mantel
  • The Haunted Past (A Lin Coffin Mystery #11)
  • Dishing Up Deceit (Little Dog Diner Book 3)
  • Serving Up Suspects (Little Dog Diner Book 2)
  • Pilgrim in the Parlor (The Inn at Holiday Bay #6)
  • Murder at the Dog Training Academy (Wagging Tail Cozy Mystery Book 4)
  • Harlow (A Hathaway Sister Mystery, #2)
  • Sweet Additions (Sweet Cove Cozy Mystery, #17)
  • Doom and Bloom
Reading the Cozy Corgi series is pretty much all you need to know about Mildred. In real life, she’s obsessed with everything she writes about: Corgis, Books, Cozy Mountain Towns, and Baked Goods. She’s not obsessed with murder, however. At least not at her own hands (nor paid for… no contract killing here). But since childhood, starting with Nancy Drew, trying to figure out who-dun-it has played ...more

Cozy Corgi Mysteries (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Cruel Candy (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #1)
  • Traitorous Toys (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #2)
  • Bickering Birds (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #3)
  • Savage Sourdough (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #4)
  • Scornful Scones (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #5)
  • Chaotic Corgis (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #6)
  • Quarrelsome Quartz (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #7)
  • Wicked Wildlife (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #8)
  • Malevolent Magic (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #9)
  • Killer Keys (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #10)