Start by marking “El Vendedor Mas Grande del Mundo II: Los Diez Secretos del Exito = The Greatest Salesman (Part 2)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
El Vendedor Mas Grande...

Og Mandino

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  3,579 Ratings  ·  62 Reviews
Here is the audio sequel to The Greatest Salesman in the World, the inspirational classic with millions of copies sold. Find out what happens to the greatest salesman when he emerges from retirement to commence a new career.Discover the Ten Vows of Success -- to be shared with all who seek a better life
Published September 1st 2000 by Grijalbo Mondadori, S.A. - Grijalbo (first published 1988)

Emily
Jun 18, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help, fiction
(This is an excerpt from a review on my blog that includes both this book and its prequel...)

I will say that I liked the story of The Greatest Salesman in the World, Part II: The End of the Story better. It was written twenty years after the first, and I think Mr. Mandino had changed a bit in the intervening years, perhaps recognizing some of the weaknesses of the first book and addressing them in the second. For one thing, the protagonist actually does something, and it's something challenging
Željko
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even thought it's written 20 years later my thoughts are the same as for the first book so read my review here.
Thank you Mr. Mandino for these simple rules that changed my life.
Michael Ivanov
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not quite the great story like part I but still amazing and simple reminders for better living.
Barbara Peters
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is a trilogy of all three of his books. All are well wort reading
Scott Hathaway
Mar 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved The Greatest Salesman in the World. It is an amazing story of a young man that finds success as he develops Christlike principles into his own life. It's a quick read that will change your life.
Birrells
Jan 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 16 yrs and older
This is a continuation from the first book. Again, excellent. Great food for thought. It had a great impact on me. I would definitely recommend it to adult readers.
Rick Yvanovich
Dec 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story outlining 10 vows / concepts for success
Dorensa Emanuel-roberts
After reading the first Greatest Saleman, I fell in love with all the Og Mandino books that I had to get the second one. It was just as powerful.
Cobradawn
Jun 07, 2008 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those in sales!
these books are written in novel form and are great for enhancing sales skills.. i look forward to part 2!
Tiger Berry
Jul 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just finished reading this book last night. It was a great sequel to the original book of the same title.
Peachy
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian, classics
Yet another amazing book! And as good as the first one.
One of those rare as-good-as-the-first sequels!
Dyen Duterte
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
just starting reading this
Debra
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So Loved This Story!

This was so well done as with all of Og Mandingo's works.
A must read book if working on obtaining personal success...
Cullen Haynes
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having being introduced to Og Mandino over 4 years ago, I was touched by the original Salesman story; about a small camel boy named Hafid. Set at the time of Christ, Hafid meets a great merchant, is given 10 sacred scrolls and builds up a trade empire.
Pt. 2 picks up where the original left off and the ageing Hafid grows into the new and exciting career of public speaking. Random fact, this was Michael Jackson’s favourites next to Jonathan Livingston Seagull.
Mary
May 22, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was a good story but I didn't like the religious liberties the author took.
Victoria Matthews
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-read
I liked the first one more, but this book was still very impacting.
Tushar
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is sequel to the book "The greatest salesman in the world".In this book, the author writes ten vows of success that you have to follow if you want to succeed in life.
Michael Reyes
May 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a sequel to one of Og Mandino's best selling stories, "The Greatest Salesman in the World". Even if you haven't read the previous book, not to worry, there is a "flashback" included in the book. You're just missing out on the lessons revealed in the scrolls.

We rejoin Hafid about 20 years after the events of the first book. He has apparently become a recluse, shunning all those from the outside world, except Erasmus, his faithful man servant, confidante and friend. Then one night, he is v
CeciliaQuynhDuyen
The first business book i read... meaningful book...
What you are today is not important... for in this runaway bestseller you will learn how to change your life by applying the secrets you are about to discover in the ancient scrolls.
Tyler Caudill
Apr 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing! I love how it is in a biblical time frame, before Jesus was born and throughout Jesus lifetime. I loved the part where the main character went off to prove he could be a salesman instead of a laborer by selling a red robe, after one week of trying he walked upon jesus being born and gave up on all hope of being a salesman, so he clothed baby Jesus with the robe, only for decades later to receive the robe again from a random friend.This book kept me thrilled to continue tur ...more
Brighton Lysy
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brighton Lysy
Mrs. Dalton
2/27/14
A4

This is a very a very good book! I would rate it a 5 out of 5 stars. It keeps you hooked the entire time and had a very good story. it is enlightening on most of the entire book. I would recommend it to most people because it is about business and stuff the little people don't really care for. It has a great story along with it as it gets the message out there in a good way. It helps people get a different point of view on life and helps the reader get the whole
Sara
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, self-help
Since you're reading reviews for a sequel of The Greatest Salesman in the World I can assume that you've read a first part. So, I'll just compare the two of them.

Both of them describe 9 different rules (+ 1 for instructions).
Even thought these rules are so simple, they held power to change the way a person thinks and in the the same time affect a person's life.
Both of them feature simple but interesting and strong stories though second part's story is a bit longer.

These books are a MUST READ for
Russell
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent reading, couldn't put it down.

One of the most inspiring books I have ever read. The principles taught in this book will change the life of anyone who applies them. I recommend everyone who desires a better life read it.
Anita
Jan 30, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Part I tells of the making of the "greatest salesman in the world," and in Part II, this same salesman leaves his mark, by sharing the gift -- the 10 vows of success -- as far as his travels would take him in the ancient world. Weaving and tying together the two books is also a Messianic thread which links the secular with the spiritual. This, in my opinion, makes this book carry a more powerful message and storyline than its predecessor.
Lauren
Overall an interesting and somewhat helpful read. I get wary of including religion too deeply in self-improvement lit, if only because I think it skirts dangerously close to justifying a "divine right of capitalists," or something. It's pretty obvious that Mandino didn't intend that to be his message here, though.
Glamaris
Apr 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chrissy Wright
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading the Greatest Salesman I, this was a good followup. So much helpfull information and advice. There really is no end to the story, just more insight and motivation when your sights seems to change, and maybe the world seems more difficult. I suggest reading 1 & 2 to get a full picture of "the story."
Vladimir
May 04, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is, in my opinion, a bad extension of the original book.
There are often too much of unnecessary descriptions before the author come to the point.
Also the author has many times directly opposed the advises that he said in the original.
Goran
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as good as first part, but maybe I've just read too many books on generic topic of success. There are 10 scrolls with universal knowledge that should make a great start for someone who never actually studied success. Overall a decent sequel to first part.
Jenny
Apr 30, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ist, more-words
A series of instructions to succeed in life. It's very new age, with some biblical references to "prove" that the ideas in this book are correct. I disliked this book and felt that it was bordering on blasphemous.
  • Household Gold (How to Convert Household Expenses into Household Income)
  • Acres of Diamonds
  • Win: The Key Principles to Take Your Business from Ordinary to Extraordinary
  • Tough Times Never Last, but Tough People Do!
  • Ziglar on Selling
  • The Tongue - A Creative Force
  • Master-Key to Riches
  • Am I Making Myself Clear?: Secrets of the World's Greatest Communicators
  • You Can If You Think You Can
  • The Magic of Believing
  • Developing the Leaders Around You: How to Help Others Reach Their Full Potential
  • TheDream Giver by Wilkinson, Bruce ( Author ) ON Oct-01-2004, Hardback
  • The Psychology of Selling: Increase Your Sales Faster and Easier Than You Ever Thought Possible
  • Four Pillars of a Man's Heart: Bringing Strength into Balance
  • God Wants You to Be Rich: How and Why Everyone Can Enjoy Material and Spiritual Wealth in Our Abundant World
  • Multiple Streams of Income: How to Generate a Lifetime of Unlimited Wealth
  • The One Minute Millionaire: The Enlightened Way to Wealth
  • The Business School For People Who Like Helping People
19753
Augustine "Og" Mandino II (December 12, 1923 – September 3, 1996) was an American author. He wrote the bestselling book The Greatest Salesman in the World. His books have sold over 50 million copies and have been translated into over twenty-five different languages. He was the president of Success Unlimited magazine until 1976 and is an inductee of the National Speakers Association's Hall Of Fame. ...more
More about Og Mandino...

• A House for Happy Mothers
  • Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit
  • The Lace Makers of Glenmara
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Quaker Café (Quaker Café #1)
  • The Whiskey Rebels
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Honest Spy
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone Crazy in Alabama (Ala Notable Children's Books. Middle Readers)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • We Are All Made of Stars
  • Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons
  • Mercer Girls
    $4.99 $1.99
  • While the World Is Still Asleep (The Century Trilogy Book 1)
    $5.49 $1.99
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Ireland
    $10.49 $2.99
Prayer to an Unseen Friend

My special friend, thank you for listening to me. You know how hard I am trying to fulfill your faith in me.
Thank You, also for the place in which I dwell. Let neither work nor play, no matter how satisfying or glorious, ever separate me for long from my precious family.
Teach me how to play the game of life with fairness, courage, fortitude and confidence.
Provide me with a few friends who understand me and yet remain my friends.
Allow me a forgiving heart and a mind unafraid to travel though the trail may not be marked.
Give me a sense of humor and a little leisure with nothing to do.
Help me to strive for the highest legitimate reward of merit, ambition and opportunity, and yet never allow me to forget to extend a kindly, helping hand to others who need encouragement and assistance.
Provide me with the strength to encounter whatever is to come, that I be brave in peril, constant in tribulation, temperate in anger and always prepared for any change of fortune.
Enable me to give a smile instead of a frown, a kindly word instead of harshness and bitterness.
Make me sympathetic to the grief of others, realizing that there are hidden woes in every life, no matter how exalted.
Keep me forever serene in every activity of life, neither unduly boastful nor given to the more serious sin of self-depreciation.
In sorrow, may my soul be uplifted, by the thought that if there were no shadow, there would be no sunshine.
In failure, preserve my faith.
In success, keep me humble.
Steady me to do the full share of my work, and more, as well as I can, and when that is done, stop me, pay me what wages Thou wilt, and permit me to say, from a loving heart...

A grateful Amen
1 likes
“The creation of a thousand forests is in a single acorn. Concentration” 1 likes