Start by marking “Perfect Breathing: Transform Your Life One Breath at a Time” as Want to Read:
Perfect Breathing: Transform Your Life One Breath at a Time

Perfect Breathing: Transform Your Life One Breath at a Time

We breathe without thinking about it—but those life-giving breaths are actively at the heart of everything that we do, and the single common denominator underlying every dimension of our being. The power of breath goes beyond the need for oxygen; conscious breathing techniques can accelerate healing, improve cognitive skills, enhance sex and intimacy, intensify meditation, ...more
Published January 6th 2009 by Sterling

To ask other readers questions about Perfect Breathing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfect Breathing

Bernie Gourley
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: those seeking to improve their breath through exercises.
It’s not an exaggeration to say that there is no set of yogic practices with a greater power to transform one’s life than breathing exercises (pranayama.) With this in mind, I’m always on the look out for new sources of insight into breathing – be it from free-divers, Buddhists, sports scientists, yogis, martial artists, or else-wise. This book provides an overview from a diverse set of experts with descriptions of a number of different breathing practices (e.g. Taoist qi gong, yogic pranayama, ...more
Patricia
Feb 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Patricia by: Oregonian
Shelves: read-in-2010
Too tired to exercise? No healthy cooking skills? Don't like fruits and vegetables? Do you want to improve your health but not really exert that much effort? Perfect breathing is for you. Lee and Campbell outline the many ways "perfect breathing" (taking a full deep breath from your belly) can benefit you. Unlike many self help books, there is no program for you to adopt, no massive changes to make to your lifestyle. All you have to do is adopt the six second breath and you are on your way to be ...more
Sean
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
too many words, use the appendix to find the exercises.

Breathing is important and you're probably doing it wrong.
Justin
Sep 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: breathing
There are a bunch of exercises, but most of them seem unproven. I've liked other breathing books better.
Zy Marquiez
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-reviews
Perfect Breathing by Al Lee & Don Campbell is an indispensable resource for individuals seeking to learn the intricacies of what the ‘perfect breath’ entails.

For me, the notion of ‘perfect breathing’ was rather intriguing at first blush for a variety of reasons. The deeper one delves within the pages of this book, the easier it was to see the various ways individuals can end up carrying out imperfect breathing.

As the authors note:

“During times of stress – and that can be anything from lack o
Niki S
May 11, 2010 added it
This is an incredibly practical book that teaches about how important breathing is. Obviously, we all know that we need to breathe to live but most of us do not breathe correctly nor do we realize how many functions our breathing actually performs. Since this is the one most vital tasks that our bodies perform, doing it mindfully and re-teaching our bodies to do it correctly can only be a good thing.
Kasia Szafranowska
Apr 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Bardzo lekka książka o tym, co robisz w każdej sekundzie, czyli o oddychaniu. Przyjemnie się ją czyta można ją streścić jednym zdaniem: "Świadome oddychanie to sposób na doskonałe zdrowie, dobre emocje i spokój ducha".

Czytałam ją pod cel związany ze zdrowiem i sportem i znalazłam kilka ciekawych ćwiczeń oddechowych. W zasadzie można przejrzeć same ćwiczenia i wybrać te, których potrzebujesz. Reszta to przekonywanie, że oddech jest ważny. Ja już to wiem, a TY?

Cherie
Nov 11, 2011 rated it liked it
I've been trying to read this for a few days now. There's alot of "theory" in the first couple of chapters. I need to get to the meat of how to use controlled breathing to enhance my life!
Tried, I breathe better, but I guess I will have to control my life in another way.
Carol
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: yoga
Our first breath prepares us for our last breath and this book can help with every breath inbetween the first and the last. Easy to read book broken into segments of body, mind and soul. Great breathing exercises for on and off the yoga mat.
Franci
Aug 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Poletje 2013 - vsak dan sem vadil in imel na mobitelo opomnik triktrat na dan. Avtomatizma še ni, nekako me mineva motivacija.
Brittany Shreeve