Start by marking “American Traditional (Irons and Works #3)” as Want to Read:
American Traditional (Irons and Works #3)

American Traditional

(Irons and Works #3)

Traumatized by a complicated childhood and losing the love of his life, Sage Osbourne pours everything he’s got into keeping his routine, and trying to avoid the not-dates he keeps getting set up on, content to be single and determined to keep it that way. He attempts to maintain that decision when a gorgeous newcomer opens up a new café just doors down from the tattoo sho ...more
Published June 2nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about American Traditional, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about American Traditional

Chris
Jun 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
3.5 stars for Will & Sages story. There was a lot of emotion in this one as both men suffered with angst and pain from their past. This hit on an important issue of domestic violence/ bullying and highlighted the fact that Will couldn’t see it clearly while he was in the thick of it. Sage had many issues of guilt and angst, which got a bit repetitive at times, but I loved his character. Really enjoying this series
~nikki the recovering book addict
3 stars

Ack!! Sage and Will’s story was one teased in Book 2 and I was looking forward to it because it held so much promise and sweetness. Unfortunately, the actual story line here was rather underwhelming ☹

I get slowburn and when done right, I’m often salivating for it. But this slowburn...was basically just slow and I can’t help but find myself losing track of the plot altogether.

In the previous book, Sage was such a mysterious and complex character. In this book, I see no hints of his comple
Nanna Sander
I'm sad to say that I found myself a little bored with this installment.. A lot happens off-page, and at times it felt like I was missing some essential events or thought processes.

At the same time, I don't feel like Sage behaved the way I would expect. I would have expected him to grieve and push Will away, but then he kinda does a 180 all of a sudden and everything is peachy. At the same time, I had a hard time seeing Will's personality with someone like Joe.

Lastly, having read the previous
Elizabeth
Jun 10, 2019 rated it liked it
The overlapping style in this series can get frustrating at times expecially if you have read the previous books. Overall I liked it and I enjoyed the development of the relationship. There is nothing rushed. It was good.
♡•Queen• Of •Passion•♡
Sophie
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Another great book in this fantastic series. Found family is one of my favorite things in romance novels (or any kinds of novels), and this series has so much of it. Everyone at Irons and Works is so wonderful, and I love how they care about each other. I also love that E.M.Lindsey takes the time to show that again and again - with the result that the romance feels much more grounded and real.

This time we get Sage’s and Will’s and Molly’s story. Sage is still struggling with the death of his fi
Claudia Lezár
3,5*

PLEASE READ MY RATING SYSTEM!!!

To my ratings:

‘Love’s Tethered Heart’ from C.L. Etta or
'Liberty' from Seth King),
it's like an A+

4* - very good and will be often reread and is a
WOW-book with interesting plot and surprises
(like most of Andrew Grey’s books)
it's like an A

3,5* - a really good book, which will be reread a few
times
Eperdu
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was really excited to read this book as I love this particular series (all three books of it!). I was not disappointed in the story and the writing, both were excellent and satisfying.

That said, it was confusing to me because the books are written concurrently. This happened in book 2 as well and I just pushed it aside, but it showed up again in this book and I have to say something. I would be reading and think, “why does this sound familiar? Wait, wasn’t this resolved? I thought this was ove
Novel Ninja
Really like this series

I quite enjoyed Sage’s story...he has to finally come to terms with his fiancés death and open himself up. Will also has to learn to parent his sister, say goodbye to an abusive ex, and have patience for Sage. I would have liked to see more of Derek and the rest of the family...it felt a little bereft of them, even though they’re mentioned. Overall, highly recommended.
Jennifer Reilley
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
slow burn

I loved Sage and Will’s story. Throw in a cute 7 year old that is going through her own issues

These guys had to work for their happy ending. Factor in abuse, loss, grief, and more. Add in great friends and their family support. What else could you ask for

I can’t wait for the next book and as I know we are getting close to the end of the series, I don’t want it to end
Esther
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
This was a big disappointment... I was looking forward to Sage & Will’s story but it didn’t deliver.
Too much happened off page and the chemistry between the two just wasn’t there. They didn’t really get together until the very end.
There was not a lot about Will’s start up business, his relationship with Molly and also Joe’s abuse.
I like a slow burn when there is a lot more passion and want and when the story doesn’t end the moment the two MC’s really get together.
Lidia
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I had think that the Sage's story was that more simple, instead it was more complex, and with Will even more. Because it's hard moving on after the death of fiancè, that love that he thought was for life, while Will didn't understand that him was abused from his ex. The story was slow burning, but I liked it, a lot of problem to be resolved in short time. This series is truly beautiful, I look forward to the next book.
Becky
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this instalment. We’ve seen a lot more of Sage in previous books than Will so you have an idea of Sage’s character before going into their combined tale but Will comes into his own and it doesn’t feel at all lopsided. Their story is a romance but with an interesting and involved side story, and although I thought this element was a little anti-climatic at the end, Will and Sage’s relationship panned our very nicely. 4.5 stars.
Melanie
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gloriously flawed men

One of the things I love about this series is that it makes me remember that everyone has issues and injuries. You may be able to see them (missing limbs) or not. You may understand them. Or not. If we could just remember every time we meet someone or feel like judging someone that we are ALL MESSED UP? The world would be a better place.
MT
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow

Every book in this series is like opening a treasure. I can’t fully explain how much I love this series and the characters. The author is amazing. Forever and ever, these stories and characters will stay with me. I absolutely cannot wait for book 4.
Alexis Woods
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this series

Another great story in this series. What impressed me the most is how the stories align, with much of the first half reflecting the timelines in the first two books, and we also got to read a sneak peek for the next couple.
Michele Evans
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Was awesome to read Sage and Will’s story. Both of them experienced such different types of loss and abuse, but together they are stronger and able to find happiness again. Can’t wait to read the next one in August!
Colleen Cremen
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved Sage's story

I've been looking forward to this book. I am totally invested in this series about the Iron and Works guys. Sage finally gives himself a chance to love again. And it's a beautiful story.
Wendy Campbell
Wow

E. M. Lindsey did it again. I put off reading this book for a few days, because I knew it would be good and I wanted to drag it out. I love this series, it's about flawed men who find their happily ever after. Can't wait for the next in the series.
Sara
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Awesome series

This entire series has been just excellent, each and every book. Reading this one definitely requires patience for both Will and Sage, but of course it’s all good in the end.
Tanya
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Heart wrenching

All the characters that are focused with are dealing with some type of grief and learning to move forward. They are also learning to deal with regrets they had from those relationships. Seeing them all get a HEA makes their pain and tears I cried for them worth it.
Rachel
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: queer-books, romance
I absolutely love this series and they just keep getting better!
Mariana A
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
SAGE AND WILL T-T
Stacey
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another great read, I cant wait for the next book.
gimmethosebooks
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very much a slow burn romance

Looking forward to book four and hoping there’s a book five for Mat
Jo
Jun 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ku, m-m
I was quite looking forward to Sage’s book, it didn’t quite engage me like the previous couple of books though 😔
Jamie
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book

I was really excited to read Sage’s story and it was great. Both sage and will were great though it was hard to forgive Will for joe.
Mercedes
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mary
Jun 07, 2019
Britani
Jun 04, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
E.M. Lindsey grew up loving literature and history, both reflected in her work. She currently resides in the western United States where she works professionally as an editor and author.

Irons and Works (3 books)
  • Free Hand (Irons and Works, #1)
  • Blank Canvas (Irons and Works #2)