Start by marking “Good-Time Girl” as Want to Read:
Good-Time Girl

Good-Time Girl

Leah hates thong underwear as much as she hates being middle-aged and fighting to stay relevant in her job. What freedom when she unexpectedly purchases a gun. It's enough to make her consider an act of terrorism at a certain lingerie store. Though she may need the help of her "he-moll," the handsome 22-year old across the street.

Her shrink wants to help her, her mother
Published May 16th 2019 by Leslie M Rollins

To ask other readers questions about Good-Time Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Good-Time Girl

Start your review of Good-Time Girl
Theresa Alan
DNF. I made it 30 percent through before I gave up. The main character bitches endlessly about how old she is. She’s 48, never married, and absolutely obsessed with bedding younger men because the married man she’s banging is a lowly courier and has a paunch. If you only want to seduce men who are twenty-five years younger than you, then of course you’re going to feel ancient all the time. Also, there is one sentence where Leah mentions she has friends, but there is no other sign that she ...more
thewoollygeek (tea, cake, crochet & books)
Brilliantly funny read, a fresh and original character. This is a great entertaining read, full of hijinks and unbelievable situations that will have you crying with laughter, need to laugh or smile the. Pick this up

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
Melanie Jo
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read from Leslie and it was a cute and fun read. It was a little slow in the beginning but picks up shortly after. I liked the story and the characters. I kinda wish the writing was written differently. Sometimes it was hard to understand what was going on but still a cute book.

Thank you Netgalley, the author and publisher for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Solveig
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You've got to love Leah, a quirky, imaginative character who does NOT date men older than she is. Beautiful writing--every word carefully chosen--in the service of outrageous situations and hilarious comedy!!
Daniella
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a wild ride! Leah is a real feminist hero! buckle your seatbelt...and enjoy.
Jodi
Jul 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Good-Time Girl, and its protagonist Leah Mason, are both maddening and irrational, but so hilarious, you can't quite bring yourself to walk away from the story. The story begins on Valentine's Day 2003. It's not a happy holiday for Leah. She's in her late 40s and single. Her boss at her advertising agency demeans her. Her period comes during a presentation. Worst of all, she's being forced to attend a gun show in order to help their gun control lobbyist clients prove a point about how guns are ...more
Gianna
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can honestly say this is a book like nothing I've ever read before.

Thank you for the wonderful ARC I received from Wishing Star Press via Netgalley!

Leah is totally irrational and sometimes (well most of the time) really out of her mind but my God is she funny.

I don't often read books and laugh out loud but this book really made me laugh out loud a lot. Despite her being crazy I feel like me and Leah totally shared a sense of humor and I admired her and her cougarness.

The book really surprised
Moriah
Oct 21, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaway-reads, dnf, 2019
I received this from NetGalley and I could say I wish I didn't.
What the heck is going on in this book?

A midlife crisis, a potential perverted lady who likes young boys and doesn't seen any issues trying to go after a guy that is already in a relationship. And also, as someone is who almost 50, how are you going to call someone a pizza face? Just no.

DNF. Not going to read or pick up again. Do not recommend.
D Mcglauflin
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED this book! It's such a guilty pleasure! I laughed, I gasped, I cringed, and I couldn't put it down. What made it special is the way it worked on two levels. On the one hand, it's a madcap and rollicking good story that keeps the reader guessing and gasping. On the other hand, it's a mirror. Each time Leah took another precarious step towards the cliff, I would watch myself having two simultaneous reactions. Good Debbi would be thinking, "Don't do it, Leah! It won't end well!" But then Evil ...more
Jenny Hobson
Aug 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
Unfortunately I could get past the first few chapters. It's lost me at the cougar sniffing out onion B.O! The few chapters I read didn't seem to flow. Not my cup of tea
BookFi
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
One hell of a crazy, intense, laugh out loud, sex fuelled, anti-gun, anti-thong, anti-... can’t help herself being attracted to twenty-something-year-old-men, gun purchasing, rant playing out, criminally active, emotionally immature, emotionally affected by family, maybe unstable, worrying about drying up, peri-menopausal woman’s story all wrapped up into one book.... She see’s a shrink too. Oh, and she has two dogs.

A quick paced, easy enough read with lots of action and going’s on to keep you
Athena Mae Rupas
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the main character Leah. She was really quirky and extremely likeable. What makes this character so easy to like is the fact that she's so relatable. Hilarious, bittersweet and at times outrageous, this book is very well-written. The characters are well-developed and just as relatable. I definitely recommend this novel to anyone looking for a fun comedy that also makes you think! I had a hard time putting this book down!

“I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All
shruti
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even though the starting of the novel was a bit rocky, I enjoyed the book altogether. The main character was likeable, and you could trace a considerable hint of 'emotional immaturity' in her.
Some of the actions in the novel were so unusual for a woman of her age, but that just made the novel more interesting.
By the end, I had a lump in my throat. It appeared too real. After reading 'About the author', it does seem the author wrote about her own life.
Overall, it was an easy, entertaining read
Jena Henry
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Zany, wildly creative with surprising heart and emotional power- this is the perfect read when your weekend plans go to pieces and you are feeling sorry for yourself. This is also the perfect read when you wake up in the middle of the night and your brain goes through the highlight reel of the calamitous moments in your life spotlighting how you have been a terrible wife and mother. But probably the best time to read Good-Time Girl is when you are feeling on top of the world and you need ...more
Heeya's
You know those people who always whines about things, but does not do anything proper about it! Yeah?
Well, the lead is one of those people!
SO, I had issues with this book while and after reading, which actually successfully knocked down the three glorious stars!
This is the first book I've read from Leslie and it was a almost disappointment. I don't know if I will read something by her in the near future or not!
Ash Luna
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Unfortunate that this book was not for me. It was lacking in every department. I felt like I was reading something off of Wattpad that didnt make any sense.The cover was great tho that what got it one more star the just one.
Lisa
Jul 20, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Unfortunately, this book was not for me. The writing style felt very disjointed and the humor fell flat on me. I wanted to like the main character, but that never became a reality. Thank you to the publisher and Net Galley for providing a review copy.
Cynthia Moore
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
I found the main character to be so unlikeable from the beginning that I never did warm up to her. I could not care less about what happened to her. This was supposed to be humorous but I found it crass instead. I am surprised to find that the author is a middle aged woman. I don't know any woman that make it that far that still use the phrase "on the rag". The main character was high strung and whiny. and as far as humor, crudeness doesn't equate humor, even in this day of adult cartoons.
McKenzie Allyshia
Sep 15, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
Good-Time Girl was a quick and funny read that had me chuckling and rolling my eyes rather often.

Leah, the main character, is a single, never-married, gal in her late forties who has two pups. She also prefers to go after much younger guys. The only part I related to her on was that we both have dogs. Also, we both have a tendency to have really ridiculous luck. However, with that said, I did find her character to be very amusing.

The story moved at a quick pace following along with Leah's
Amanda Yates
Jun 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
Absolutely could not get into this book. The style it was written in made it impossible to get a true story out of. Also if you want to make fun of people I suggest not doing so of the gun crowd. I mean, unless you think the cops protect you with glitter and sparkles.
lua
Jul 07, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: no-just-no
Is it harsh to say I loath this book? Let's start with the writing that averages to five words per sentence. This makes for monotonous, spastic, and confusing ramblings. Leah stands as the most hypocritical, obnoxious, and hateful woman ever written. Here are some choice examples of her bigotry as I also explain how problematic these statements are:
"Sometimes I feel like being a straight female puts me in a sexual minority. I don't like to see chicks kissing nor have I ever wanted to kiss one.
Oak City Books
Sep 20, 2019 rated it did not like it
Well, I haven't had one of these in a long time. And, I don't take reviewing books
lightly. I mean, I'm trusted to provide honest feedback and at the same time, I am aware that my review goes into the overall pot of reviews for an average. Which may affect the number of readers a book has. So, when I say 1 star, understand that I really could not get attached enough to suggest it to anyone. Reviewer guilt is a real thing. I know someone poured their energy for an unknown amount of time into the
Connie Liñares
Dec 22, 2019 rated it did not like it
I forced myself to finish the book. I kept saying to myself "Ok, you don't have to like the main character, it's ok if you don't and it forces you to think why", and the like.
Leah didn't sound real at all. She's almost fifty, a job that's going nowhere and a boss she hates. Yet, she does nothing to change this.
She lives alone with her two dogs, claims to love her house, but doesn't clean it or look after her gardens, nor does she seem to like being there.
She's single, but predates much younger
Linda
Jul 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Zany behavior from a suburbanite fighting middle age blues
I had mixed feelings about this story. I liked the zany, was hooked on the age gap romance, and felt Leah's frustration at ageism on the job. I also liked the originality of the main character Leah. Her rants and crazy behavior made for a wild and unpredictable ride with a sarcastic edge. Her relationship with young neighbor Flynn was, for me, the best part of the book..

But the story was disjointed at times, the sessions with
Jodi
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
I received a free copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Honestly, I'm a little bit on edge by this book. The main character, Leah is a fifty-nine-year-old woman who acts like a narcissistic, immature teenager with no impulse control. Not only that, but she drags her unsuspecting young neighbor into her plots and they both wind up in a world of trouble. For the first 30% of the book (according to my Kindle), I didn't like it at all and was forcing myself to read it to
TheCleverBookWorm
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love all the characters especially Leah, she is outrageously crazy and her thoughts are quite entertaining. I often ask myself, why am I reading this book? Am I unwell that I'm some what enjoying this book? Oh well, the story is addicting for some reason and I couldn't stop myself. Leah's adventures and way of thinking is way out there. However, there are times that the story was dragging and boring, but there are exciting times as well. I would definitely buy this book and highly recommend it ...more
Emma-Hope Newitt
[gifted by publisher on NetGalley in return for an honest review]

I had read some reviews before diving into this book and it was definitely unlike any books I've read this year. It got off to a slow start for me and then it most definitely had a steep change and I found it really engaging. Leah's character was fun but at times quite frustrating to read about - but her sheer determination and confidence was of such appeal. It had some really clever humour intertwined into a more serious
Heeya's
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was ok
Well, the lead is one of those people!
Pam Chantrell
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019
I'm not too sure what to say about this book. The humour didn't do it for me and I really disliked the main character. If Leah had been a Lee going after young women the way Leah went after young men and having the same relationship with a gun, I'm not sure it would have been published. Not recommended.
Alycia Canfield
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
First I thought this was young adults an NFS it definitely isn't. This book is about a 48 year old who has never been married and has more men in her life than she probably has dish dishs. I think it's a funny read. It's like no other book I've read. The end could use some help.

• Four Christmases and a Secret
  • Then I Met You
  • The QB Bad Boy and Me
  • One Little Secret
  • #No Filter: A fun, heartwarming romantic comedy for 2020
  • The Furies
  • Mix Tape
  • To Be Your Girl (To Be Yours, #1)
  • Unverified: A Novel
  • I Will Make You Pay
  • The Truth is a Theory
  • The Memory Tree
  • Been There, Married That
  • Facing Us: A Contemporary Dark Romance (The District Book 1)
  • The Saturday Supper Club: An absolutely heartwarming romantic read