Start by marking “Monstress, Vol. 4: The Chosen” as Want to Read:
Monstress, Vol. 4: The Chosen

Monstress, Vol. 4: The Chosen

(Monstress #4)

Maika and Corvin make their way through a warped and lethal land in search of Kippa, who is faced with her own terrible monsters. But when Maika comes face-to-face with a stranger from her deep past, startling truths are uncovered, and at the center of it all lurks a dangerous conspiracy that threatens the Known World. Maika is finally close to getting all the answers she ...more
Expected publication: October 1st 2019 by Image Comics

Kien
Jun 28, 2019 marked it as to-read
Wake me up when September ends.
Manisha
Actual review: 4.5

The artwork is just as stunning as it has ever been. I have noticed, in other graphic novels, how the art suffers with each new book, so I’m glad to see that that hasn’t happened in this series. The art has lovely texture and creativity that cannot be seen in any other graphic novel, which makes the art and the world unique to this story.

Besides the artwork, I found this edition easier to follow than the previous one. The story is about Maika, also known as ‘Halfwolf’ as she t
Taylor
Jul 12, 2019 marked it as to-read
I need this so badly, like waiting for a whole ass year for these volumes to come out has shortened my life expectancy.
Konstantin
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
My average rating for the issues that this installment comprises of comes at 3.0, but it simply didn't feel like a 3-star one to me (especially when I take into the account the fact that that is the rating I gave to the first one).

Overall, a slim, unengaging, small-scope, low-stakes, endlessly prolonged volume - the weakest one in the series by far. Makes me want to reread the previous ones just so I could remember that these authors can, in fact, produce a good book.
Kelly Spoer
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you Image for the advance copy. Working in a library is great, btw.

I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS THAN ANSWERS

WHO IS WHO IS WHAT OMG.
Gillian
Jul 07, 2019 is currently reading it
LOOK AT THAT COVER 😍
Benjamin Barham
I think this book really suffers from being overstuffed with cast. I can't keep track of who's betraying who or who is now secret allies, and as a direct result, I don't care. There's so much happening with no room to breathe that I don't really care about any of it.
Rae
Jul 22, 2019 marked it as unreleased
Monstress has so many things I adore in a story: gay women, adorable fox girls, commentary on the brutal realities of war and human trafficking, talking cats, genuinely hilarious dialogue, mysterious occult relics, unspeakable violence and body horror, inconceivable eldritch monsters and their ancient lore ... what's not to love?

I only wish I could read the entire story in one sitting because I need to know if everything will be okay in the end!!? If anything happens to my sweet Kippa I might j
Paul Allard
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it

Things becoming a bit clearer in this fantasy comic series - entertaining stuff

Maika continues her voyage of discovery with a lot of ambivalence and justifiable mistrust. All the main characters are featured, even if it’s not always obvious who is who as many have more than one appellation. The artwork is beautifully done but the script can be a bit stilted. A fine series but I should really read the lot from the beginning to make more sense of it. Volume 5 to come.
Andrew
Jul 04, 2019
Kenny
Sep 07, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
New York Times bestselling and award-winning writer Marjorie Liu is best known for her fiction and comic books. She teaches comic book writing at MIT, and she leads a class on Popular Fiction at the Voices of Our Nation (VONA) workshop.

Ms. Liu is a highly celebrated comic book writer. Her extensive work with Marvel includes the bestselling Dark Wolverine series, NYX: No Way Home, X-23, and Black

Monstress (4 books)