Start by marking “Along for the Ride” as Want to Read:
Along for the Ride

Along for the Ride

THIS ROAD TO LOVE MAY HAVE A FEW SPEED BUMPS…

Former hot mess Jolene Baxter is committed to doing better. It’s why she offered to help her sister and brother-in-law move across the country. However, her goodwill is tested when last minute changes—mainly her father ditching her for an all-expenses paid vacation—forces her to make the journey with a man who is the human vers
Published July 16th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Along for the Ride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Along for the Ride

Start your review of Along for the Ride
Talia Hibbert
I LOVE roadtrip romances, and this is a fabulous one. It has all of the trope’s greatest hits: Oh No, We’re Stranded; Oh No, We’re Sharing a Hotel Room and There’s Only One Bed; Oh No, I Accidentally Saw Your Butt.

This is also an enemies to lovers romance, so it includes such epic themes as I Still Don’t Like You But Christ Why Are You So Sexy????

AND it has an amazingly badass heroine with a very cool career, and a wonderfully family-oriented hero (I am soft for soft boys). So, basically, this
Warda
Ugh, I loved this.

I thought I was getting a road-trip romance story only but we got that and more.

I want to read everything Mimi Grace writes.
Chanelle
Aug 02, 2020 marked it as to-read
A ROADTRIP BOOK?! I’m there
menna
Jul 14, 2020 rated it liked it
i was a little conflicted about how i should rate this book, if i rated each half of the book on it's own the first would get five stars while the other would get maybe two? so does that mean 3 stars? four stars?? I HAVE NO IDEA. in the end i settled on three stars, maybe three and a half.

the first half of the book was literally all i could ask for!! enemies to lovers?? check. ohhh maybe you're not that bad?? check. forced proximity? check. only one bed? check. age gap? check check check. there
keira
Jun 05, 2020 marked it as to-read
this COVER??? road trip romance??? enemies to lovers ????im ???
Antonella
Aug 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
The first part when they are on the road trip was amazing...banter, plot, pace, and all road trip shenanigans were marvelous. The second part of the book was a bit disappointing the pace was off and they did 180*. Solid debut novel! I am excited about future books by this author!

3,5 stars
aarya
2019 Ripped Bodice Summer Bingo: Road Trip

I don’t want to discourage you from trying/reading the book, especially if the road trip and enemies-to-lovers premise appeals to you. I’m just someone who doesn’t enjoy romance novels when the majority of the conflict is external and not focused on the relationship, but I also know readers like it when the relationship is angst free and has less problems. So it all has to do with what kind of reader you are. As always, my rating isn’t gospel and you
Ashton Reads
Jun 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved this! The forced proximity road trip with an added mini-mystery in the beginning was hilarious! Jolene and Jason played off each other so well, and their witty banter had me grinning more times than I could count.

I also loved the focus on Jolene’s career and friendship with Yvonne post-road trip, and how there was so much more to her than just being a love interest. The humor, steam, and romance was perfectly balanced and kept me glued to the page. The only thing I was sad about was tha
Cortney
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

I’m so glad I was able to get an eARC of this book. It is the contemporary romance I’ve been looking for. A Rom-com with crazy scenarios perfect for the movie screen. All the characters were fun and such a joy to read about. Ty would be perfect for the Netflix show Nailed It. And Jolene and Jason were so realistic. I was cheering for them from the beginning and I may have teared up at the epilogue. It was so cute!
K.
Trigger warnings: theft, racial tension (IDK how to describe it - the two POC leads walk into a rural gas station, get super creeped out by the white people there and bail ASAP), sexual harassment.

So somehow I have managed to read two books back-to-back with an African-American heroine and a Pacifika hero and I need to review them both ASAP so I don't get the details confused.

ANYWAY. I didn't like this one quiiiiiiite as much as The Right Swipe (although this cover is ten thousand times cuter)
Mary
Jun 06, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5/4

I love a road trip romance and combining that with enemies to lovers I was so excited!! The beginning was great and I really loved these two characters but once the road trip was over (I felt like it was too short) their relationship became a little stagnant and the story seemed to drag on.
** I do plan following this author and I want to see what else she comes up with**
Jessica
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5
More thoughts to come!
Chandra
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was super cute and had a fair amount of steam. I am a sucker for an enemies turned lovers trope, and this book made that trope very fun! I will definitely check out Mimi Grace’s next book!!
Sarah Louise
With her sister moving across the country, Jolene lends a helping hand by agreeing to brave the sixteen-hour drive in a moving truck alongside Jason Akana, a man she’d rather avoid let alone be stuck in forced proximity with.

After a mechanical problem arises, the trip is halted as Jolene and Jason are forced to share a room in Gregory Lake, the closest town with a mechanic shop. Here, with nothing but time to kill, the two begin to unravel their five year tension.

“What I’m trying to say is, l
Charish Reid
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mimi Grace writes beautifully, with plenty of humor and steamy sexual tension. The tropes hit the right spot for me as well: opposites attract, close proximity, second chance, and sweet meddling maternal figures, lol! Definitely reading more from Grace!
Amanda
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
First of all, I'm always in for a hate to love. Duh.

Secondly, this book has A+ diversity all around.

Thirdly, I enjoy a road trip book, but despite the cover and title, this isn't a road trip book. And I enjoyed that. The first 1/4 of the book was about the road trip, and then the rest deals with what comes next. And what comes next is a lot of swoony banging and not to swoony work drama. I liked both Jolene (if you can read that name without singing it, kudos to you) and Jason as main characte
Emily Murray
Sep 14, 2020 marked it as dnf
In the first 20% there are just...too many tropes. And reading some reviews it looks like the second half is a let down to a lot of readers. Since I’m not enjoying the start, I don’t think I’m going to push through this one.
Taryn
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Road trip romance! Enemies to lovers! Opposites attract! There’s more tropes here than you can shake a stick at, and together they make one cute and fun romance. Jolene has historically been a bit all over the place, but she’s worked hard to get her crap together and is proud of how far she’s come. Jason is the kind of Type A list maker who plans out every moment of his day, and when they are first forced together to help out with a cross-country move, he’s so rigid I wanted Jolene to slap the p ...more
Izzy
I loved this. It unfolded from enemies to lovers and road trip to just one favorite trope after the other.

Natalya | TheIslandReader
Jolene’s sister is moving sixteen hours away and she has volunteered to help, which in her case means driving a moving van across the country. Long drive but doable. A wrench is thrown in her plans though when she has to travel with Jason, her brother-in-law’s best friend. These two do not get along and barely say much to each other since their tiff a few years back.

First of all, I must say that Jolene is better than me. I’m not volunteering to drive nothing for nobody for sixteen hours. Hell, i
Sofie
3/5 stars

“What I’m trying to say is, like the clownfish and anemone, we just work. We’re people with different temperaments and approaches to life, but you inspire me to be bold, thoughtful, and indulge my feelings. And that’s what I’m doing now.” She tensed up a bit before saying, “I want to be with you.”

Soo well it was a bit hard for me to rate this (I feel like it’s a thing I am struggling with lately) because some parts I enjoyed, some I thought were super superfluous and could have b
Kim Howard
I love a good force proximity, road trip love story. Along for the Ride sells it this way with the title, synopsis, and cover. The road trip ends about 30% into the book and the story changes to a friends with benefits who want more but lack the communication skills to get it, story. For me this is another book that starts out with a lot of potential but ends up going from a great read to a good read. I liked it enough that I would recommend it but it was just okay for me.
Hannah
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was cute and I enjoyed it! I was in a bit of a reading slump and needed something quick and mindless to get me back into it and this hit the spot tbh. A mostly plotless hate to love romance. It was kinda corny in some spots, and the way my dude went from antisocial and shy to arrogant sex god in two seconds flat gave me a little whiplash, but it was still a fun read
Becca
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Enemies to lovers, forced proximity and friends with benefits all rolled into one book.

I loved how real the characters were, and how believable the relationship issues were.

If you don't enjoy this book I question your integrity as a romance reader.
Ellie
Jul 13, 2019 rated it liked it
It was just an OK read for, there were cute moments but overall the plot needed to be much tighter and I wanted more depth and character development.
Elizabeth Mellen
3.5 stars, this was a pretty standard romance for me but I liked the characters quite a lot.
Nina
Jun 06, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5*
i really enjoyed the first half of this book but the second half was just kinda meh to me.
manuela
Jul 20, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a nice read with enjoyable characters but maybe a little too basic plot. I mean i wasn’t bored but I wasn’t excited to see what would happen either.
Erin (_everysecondbook)
This was fine, would’ve been more fine if the road trip element was the whole book rather than the first 40% 🤷🏻‍♀️
Ceillie Simkiss
This was cute as shit! Full review to come!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Guarding Temptation
  • Love's Recipe
  • Office Hours
  • Grumpy Jake
  • Blind Date with a Book Boyfriend
  • Xeni (Loose Ends #2)
  • White Whiskey Bargain
  • Go Deep (Unexpected Lovers, #1)
  • 40-Love (There's Something About Marysburg, #2)
  • Hearts on Hold
  • Grand Theft N.Y.E. (Heist Holidays, #1)
  • The Write Escape
  • Me + Somebody's Son: A Heights Story
  • A Second Chance Road Trip for Christmas (Holidays with the Wongs, #2)
  • Teach Me (There's Something About Marysburg, #1)
  • A Match Made for Thanksgiving (Holidays with the Wongs, #1)
  • Meet Cute Club (Sweet Rose #1)
  • Beautiful & Dirty (The Family #1)
Mimi Grace credits romance novels for turning her into a bookworm at twelve years old. It didn’t matter if those stories included carriages or cowboys, she could be found past her bedtime getting lost in a couple’s journey to happily-ever-after.

She wants to evoke the same feelings in others with her fun and sexy books.

Besides romance novels, she loves generous servings of mint chocolate chip ice c