Start by marking “Bug Boys” as Want to Read:
Bug Boys

Bug Boys

Join two bug friends as they learn about the science of the world around them and the meaning of friendship in this early graphic novel series perfect for fans of Narwhal and Jelly!

Rhino-B is a brash, but sweet guy. Stag-B is a calm and scholarly adventurer. Together these two young beetles make up the Bug Boys, best friends who spend their time exploring the world of Bug
Expected publication: February 11th 2020 by Random House Graphic

To ask other readers questions about Bug Boys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bug Boys

Start your review of Bug Boys
Mari Johnston
This review and many others can also be found at Musings of a (Book) Girl.

At first glance, Bug Boys seems like nothing more than the adventures that two best friends find themselves going on – but it’s so much more. Laura Knetzger did an incredible job of capturing the fears and uncertainties that kids feel and having Stag-B and Rhino-B work through them.

The first thing I thought of when I saw Bug Boys was how much the art style reminded me of Adventure Time. After finishing the graphic novel
Kayla Miller
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, episodic stories about two little beetles growing up and trying to understand the world around them.

While the stories may appear simple, there are deeper themes below the surface. The characters deal with anxiety, spirituality, and complex interpersonal conflicts while on their adventures.

I think this would be a good recommendation for the little kid in your life who seems wise beyond their years.
Mortisha Cassavetes
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2019
I won an ARC of this book and want to thank the author and Random House for this amazing graphic novel. It will release in February of 2020. I really loved it. The story follows Rhino-B and Stag-B, two little bugs that are best friends. They go on lots of adventures and even get into a little mischief. They love to explore and find treasures in their Bug Village and where ever the treasure maps take them. I really loved the bright and colorful illustrations and highly recommend this cute graphic ...more
Andrew
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have fallen in love with these beetle BFFs! Rhino-B, Stag-B, and all of their friends had me smiling, laughing, and relating to their wit and emotions. I didn't want their adventures to end! Bug Boys would make a fantastic TV show-- the panels practically feel animated themselves. Readers of all ages are sure to become absorbed in these cheerful insect buddies.
Anya
Nov 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Thank you to Random House Graphic for the ARC!

This was a very cute book, and I loved the art. Laura Knetzger was a storyboard artist for Adventure Time, and I can definitely see similarities between her style and the show.

I only gave this three stars because the short chapters and varying storylines were a little jarring for me. It felt like some of the stories were over before they really got going. However, this could be a definite plus for a reluctant reader, or a kid with a shorter
Cat
Nov 06, 2019 added it
Delightful little stories! I love the characters Rhino-B and Stag-B, and all of their friends. The stories within the book are all really short, so even a 2nd or 3rd grader could probable read fairly easily. Older kids will enjoy it, as well. The bugs and insects in the book have lots of adventures and pretty much behave as kids do in real life. I think children will enjoy their antics. Written graphic novel style, the illustrations were wonderful and the type large enough for younger readers to ...more
Lenoire
Nov 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Stag-B is a calm but smart adventurer while Rhino-B is a sweet person but self-assertive. The two young beetles are best friends and make up the Bug Boys. They spend their time exploring Bug Village and the surrounding areas. Together the duo goes on adventures to save their village honey supply, travel through caves, and work with a bookish spider. What new adventure will the Bug Boys embark on?

The graphic novel was a cute read about friendship and coming of age. The two beetles were a fun
CR
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This graphic novel was a great adventure. The story was easy to read and follow and the artwork was great. I finished this book in about an hour and I really want to read it again. The age group 7-10 was good but I think that older kids like my sister who is almost 13 would like this one to. I really liked that at the end of the book there are pages to learn to draw the bug boys. That was really cool!!
Raven Black
Aug 16, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The spiritual aspects and the growth from there I could have handled, but writing is stiff; the characters uninteresting and the "drug induced trip" at the end was down right creepy and well over the top. The modern characters attitude (boys cry, etc) gets lost with utter nonsense storylines. The artwork is awkward and flat.
Caity
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a really cute book with lots of sweet bug stories. The friendship between the main beetles is well written and overall its a great book. I found a few of the stories to be a little vague and wish there was just a bit more detail but they were still well thought out and a joy to read. I also liked the bug facts in the back of the book.
Mariana Calderon
BUG BOYS is a delightful collection of comic vignettes, perfect for readers needing a bite-sized story at a time, daydreamers, and bug-lovers. Easy to enjoy and deceptively simple in scale, the stories actually contain complex but enjoyable musings about friendship, communication, and finding one's place in the world.
Delany Holcomb
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
An absolutely lovely graphic novel about two friends that navigate their humble bug world, "Bug Boys" is a good wholesome read for those that are fans of Adventure Time, Steven Universe, and just plain good fun.
Dai Guerra
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is such a cute collection of different stories about two bugs who go on so many adventures. It's a nice quick read that you can read with your kids. It's also a great read for children who are learning to read.
Marta Boksenbaum
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
I thought this book was cute but I didn’t love it. However I think kids might enjoy the simple episodic stories and cute cartoons of bugs.
Andrea