Start by marking “You Have To Believe Me” as Want to Read:

You Have To Believe Me

She has every reason to hate her ex …

Every day on her way home from work, Dove Damiani drives past her ex-house, where her ex-husband lives with her ex-dog and her ex-yoga instructor, next to her ex-neighbors and the ex-life she once affectionately described as “frighteningly perfect.”

To outsiders, Dove is bitter and resentful. The divorce left her alone, with nothing but
Kindle Edition
Published September 19th 2019 (first published September 4th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about You Have To Believe Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Have To Believe Me

Start your review of You Have To Believe Me
Dita
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am SUCH a sucker for an unreliable narrator and a classic whodunnit and, oh boy, does this one deliver both...

Filled with well-written characters, any one of which could be the killer, and red herrings galore, Sunday Tomassetti writes a great book. I could hardly stand to put it down.

Thank you to the publisher for this ARC, the rest of you can grab it on September 19th and you absolutely should!
Bren
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Psychological thrillers.
"It's been three hours since you died.Well, more like five. It was five hours ago they found you cold and lifeless in the birch grove outside my apartment. But it was three hours ago when they knocked on my door and asked me when i'd last spoken to you".

You Have To Believe Me by Sunday Tomassetti

My Review:

Poor Dove. Her husband has left her and taken their house and their dog. And to make matters even worse he is now living with Dove's (former) best friend Kirsten.

At least he was.

Before he was
Nazanin
Jun 16, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

I have read some of this author’s books and enjoyed all of them. This one compared to the others wasn’t that good (in my opinion). It was predictable, I could guess it quite soon (without knowing the reason) but I should add the writing was as good and could keep my interest. Told in dual POV, 1st person, it’s a standalone novel. It’s an easy read, fast-paced, and contains short chapters with a satisfying ending. All in all, I had fun reading this and hope you enjoy it as well!
Amy
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5/5

Have you guys heard of Minka Kent? I discovered her books a couple of years ago and really like her style. She writes fast paced and addictive thrillers that are always pretty entertaining. I say all of this because the author of this is actually MK writing under a pseudonym, so if you’re a fan of her books don’t miss this one!

If you’re looking for your next weekend binge read this would be a good choice, it’s super fast and there was always a lot going on to keep my attention. I never knew
♛ Garima ♛
Rating:
3.5 easy stars

Cover:
Nothing remarkable but that is the thing which made me notice this!

Trigger:
Any trigger would be spoilery but nothing too extreme, I promise.

Short review:
This is one of those easy to run, unputdownable murder mystery you could easily get sucked into.

Dove loses everything (or she thinks she does) when her long term love affair and marriage fail abruptly. The codependent relationship turns into obsessive one. Somewhere along the line, I got deja vu of reading The Gi
MaryannC. Book Freak
Picked this up in between the other reads I have going and this one had me guessing the whole time until almost the last 3/4's of the book.

Dove (love that name) is having a hard time moving on from the sudden end of her marriage to Ian who ran off with her ex-good friend, she has become bitter and resentful, she was blind sided that her once perfect marriage failed. So when her ex-husband is found dead, she's the first one to be fingered as the prime suspect, she had all the reasons to kill him
J.A. Schneider
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“You Have To Believe Me” by Sunday Tomassetti has left me speechless. What a fantastic page turner! No lulls, continuous action, and a steady build-up of tension, twists and turns. Thirty-something Dove Damiani still loves her ex-husband Ian, who has left her for her best friend. On what would have been their 5th anniversary he is found dead outside her apartment, and she becomes the main suspect. Dove tries to discover for herself who killed Ian, but each time she questions someone brings anoth ...more
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
This is a fabulous read. Luckily I didnt have work the next day as this kept me up til the wee hours reading as I just couldn’t put it down.

Dove has everything she ever wanted with her husband Ian until he suddenly wants a divorce. She finds herself living in an apartment while her ex has her home, dog and living with her ex best friend. It’s a pure nightmare but things get worse when he is found dead outside and she’s the prime suspect.

Brilliantly written story full of suspense that I couldn’t
Myla
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing

You Have To Believe Me has plenty of mystery. The characters were imperfect and that's somewhat refreshing. I could understand Dove's anger and fears after what she'd been through. But can she really do it, kill her ex-husband?

The story moved along at a nice pace and it had some twists and turn that I couldn't foresee coming that keep this story interesting. The ending was thorough and the unexpected revelation of the truth that won't leave you frustrated. I really enjoyed it and not to be miss
Amitaf0208
Nov 04, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars - entertaining however predictable.
Lauren
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
i enjoyed the style in which this was written
3.5 stars. Super fast paced and fun, I read most of it in an evening. Nothing ground breaking if you've reada lot of domestic thrillers, but if you're looking for something entertaining, you can't go wrong with this one! Between Dove and Kirsten and all the shady characters in their lives, I did not predict the outcome!
Jennifer Medway
Nov 02, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If Kim Kardashian decided to write her own version of Girl on a Train. Atrocious writing.
☣Lynn☣
Kept me guessing till the very end!
Keri Loves Books
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Do You Ever Really Know Someone?

This suspense will keep you constantly guessing! I read it in one sitting because I just had to know the ending. Everyone is a suspect. Things aren’t what they seem. People let you see what they want you to see.

Finding your ex-husband’s dead body in the wood’s behind your home, on what would have been your fifth wedding anniversary, was not something that you ever expected would happen. Dove is the most likely killer or is she?

Do you ever really know someone? Once
Toni Parvin
Oct 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
I listened to the Audible of this book. Imagine being locked in a room with 52 screaming toddlers, some idiot in the corner scratching his nails down a chalkboard and having a full blown wedgie. That doesn’t compare to the annoyance of the girls voice narrating this book! Oy vey! I can’t. The story line is not gripping in the least bit and I kept waiting for something to hold onto to keep my interest afloat. It has not come. DNF at 60%
Not sure why this has high ratings. Maybe it’s just the audib
Janie
Dec 26, 2019 rated it liked it
I think I was expecting more from the ending! 3.5 stars.
Beverly Duffy
Aug 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Quick suspenseful read!
Dani (books and blankets)
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Patricia King
Sunday Tomassetti, author

I continually enjoy reading a great suspense/mystery/thriller. And this one was definitely that and so much more! Ms. Tomassetti weaves an intricately well written and mesmerizing story-line of whodunit? Her characterization was so down to earth and spot on that, as a reader, you not only felt for the heroine Dove Damiani, but you could actually identify with the character, as if you were right there in the plot, nonetheless, that this was happening
Jackie D
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
" You Have To Believe Me" - words of desperation. Let me tell you; there is a combination of psychological, physical, and heartbreaking desperation going on throughout the pages of this dark, mind whirling, thriller of a mystery.
So many captivating characters, and a stellar plot it- I was all in- theories came and went, wanting to scream at characters to "stop acting so crazy" and others to "get their heads out of the sand."
It is one helluva ride I almost did not want to see end!
If you enjoy a
Reading with 2 book lovers
This author kept me on the edge of my seat right till the end of this book. I thought dove was a well written characters.
Megan
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once I start a Minka Kent book (she wrote this under a pen name) I have a hard time doing anything else until I finish it. This one was no different
Michelle
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kelly
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What would you do if your "perfect" life was all taken away from you? Dove is married to a man she's known for years. They have the house, dog everything...then they divorce! She's in shock! The next thing you know she's in an apartment, alone and her ex husband is living in her old house with her former best friend! They even kept her dog! She misses him so much she drives by his house daily, buys bottles of his cologne so she can still have his scent around her. Than the worst thing she could ...more
Konny
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You Have To Believe Me by Sunday Tomassetti is a full length, standalone novel with thriller elements.
You Have To Believe Me is a book that's not easy to review. I loved the storyline and the excellent writing. The author kept me in suspense from page one and I was sitting on the edge of my seat from start til the end. I literally just finished You Have To Believe Me and now I'm sitting here with a major bookhangover and find it difficult to process.
Dove Damiani is a divorced 34 year old and sh
Marsha
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such an intriguing mystery that will having you guessing until the very end. It has a darker vibe, but not in a evil/sinister way. Just the overall feel of the book. It's written in a way that the Protagonist is mentally talking to to victim (her ex-husband,) in a diary sort of way. Narrating the story. There are many suspects and every time you think you know who dun-it, another person with even more motive pops up. You'll be constantly second guessing yourself. It does alternate POV's but it i ...more
Lisa Hoak
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent suspense that kept you guessing until the end. Ian Damiani’s murder rocks the small town of Lambs Grove. In a place where most people don’t lock their doors, who could possibly want him dead? This story is told in dual POV by those closest to him. Was it the ex-wife that couldn’t seem to move on or is there something more sinister going on? I don’t read suspense/thrillers often because I get disappointed if I can guess the mystery easily. You Have To Believe Me did not disa ...more
babsi
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I just had the opportunity to read this new book by Minka Kent, one of my favorite authors, who writes under the pen name of Sunday Tomassetti.
This is a story about friendship, love, betrayal and how people react when life digs in deep.
I really enjoyed reading this one as the characters were "real" to me.
Did not see the end coming until very far into the book!

The book will be released by sept. 19.
Thanks to the author for this ARC!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »