Start by marking “Harriet and the Eye of the Bird” as Want to Read:
Harriet and the Eye of the Bird

Harriet and the Eye of the Bird

One moment Harriet’s only problem is that she’s not allowed to get her nose pierced, and the next her dad’s disappeared. Now there’s a new home, a new school and new friends that are not really friends at all. Awkward Alice who forgets her lunch is not a great substitute, nor is the monster gnawing at Harriet’s insides that makes her binge eat.

But then Alice invites her to
Published May 11th 2019 by Ahoy!

To ask other readers questions about Harriet and the Eye of the Bird, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Harriet and the Eye of the Bird

Start your review of Harriet and the Eye of the Bird
Deb Burns
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent second work that I'm sure readers of the author's first book: The Discombobulated Life of Summer Rain, will appreciate. The author has a very good handle on the intricacies of friendships and the grief of separation but manages to keep her work optimistic and intriguing. She creates a sense of brightness while dealing with issues that are raw, challenging and familiar to her audience through expertly crafted characters.

Harriet and the Eye of the Bird is well-paced and beaut
Penny
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Back in the days of the Booksellers Association of New Zealand sending out books for reviewers to read and review, this book was one such book waiting to be read. Now because for some reason all of this work for 'The Read' has ended, I was sent this and a few other books as a 'thank you'. When I looked closer at this book, and its release date of 2019, I realised that it had not been given the review possibilities it deserved so I decided to do it.
OK so first thing - I am not the target audience
Deb
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I gave this book for a young friend of mine who is nine and she loved it. She loved it so much in fact that she demanded Julie's first book, The Discombobulation of Summer Rain to read, devoured it in a couple of days and requested that the author speed up her writing output. She then went to book day at school dressed as Summer Rain; high praise indeed.

Grace loves Harriet and Summer because they are girls dealing with difficult lives in ways that she can relate to. Books are important for child
Ronald Hayes
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has helped me understand the complexities of pre-teen girls. A very enjoyable read with a lot of laughs and a slice of magic. Highly recommend.
Bella
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
‘Harriet and the Eye of a Bird,’ the latest junior fiction novel from award-winning author Julie Lamb further paves an exciting path for this fresh newcomer and proves to be an excellent, highly moving achievement; a breath of fresh air to the junior fiction market woven with such honesty and integrity that children and adults alike will be hooked till the final page. Leaving the reader thoughtful and satisfied with even a new perspective on the dynamics of what it means to be young, the book de ...more
Akanksha Deepak
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was a beautiful read describing the story in a very descriptive interesting and engaging way
Christine Parker
Jun 20, 2019
Louis Goode
May 30, 2019
Julie Lamb
Jun 01, 2019 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Violet Lemay

• B Is for Baby
  • Small World
  • Dinosaur Feathers
  • After the Fall: How Humpty Dumpty Got Back up Again
  • Harold & Hog Pretend For Real! (Elephant & Piggie Like Reading!, #6)
  • Why?