Start by marking “Hot Ash and the Oasis Defect (Ashley Westgard, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hot Ash and the Oasis Defect (Ashley Westgard, #1)

Hot Ash and the Oasis Defect

(Ashley Westgard #1)

“Robots and exowombs and hemp, oh my!”

Welcome to 2045. Automation has freed humanity from the drudgery and limitations of blue-collar labor. For twenty years, a remarkable group of female bureaucrats has overseen an ambitious construction program that is spreading equity, prosperity, and peace worldwide.

But Detective Ashley Westgard of the Jacksonville Police Corps sen

Published May 19th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Hot Ash and the Oasis Defect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot Ash and the Oasis Defect

Start your review of Hot Ash and the Oasis Defect (Ashley Westgard, #1)
Inkslinger
Feb 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Hot Ash and the Oasis Defect by Philip Wyeth

ARC provided by Philip Wyeth. All opinions are mine and freely given.

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook

"She held up the two bras in front of the mirror. The yellow one looked nice. Maybe she could find a pair of matching panties and play banana for a lucky someone to peel later tonight..."

02-29: No. You read that correctly. That's exactly how 'Hot Ash and the Oasis Defect' by Philip Wyeth begins.

I don't know a single woman who thinks like that. Nor one who would wear a 'dark teal
Karen Siddall
Not at all what I expected: Hot Ash and the Oasis Defect by Philip Wyeth is also a good mystery.

The year is 2045, and it is almost two decades since society flipped on itself. The 2020s saw the rise of the empowerment of women, and in the elapsed time, the world has become a feminist-forward stronghold with men relegated to second-class status. Detective Ashley Westgard of the Jacksonville, Florida, Police Corps is at the apex of her physical prowess, her career is flourishing and on the rise.

A
Susan
Wow! Hot Ash and the Oasis Defect wasn't what I was expecting but it was an awesome ride! I'm a big fan of dystopian novels, which is why I gave this book a try. But it's more than that. It really makes you think, and also laugh, and sit on the edge of your seat. It's sexy while also being dramatic and thought-provoking.

Detective Ash Westgard is such a fun character. She's arrogant but also good at her job, despite the occasional on-duty inebriation. An early scene in the book has Ash meeting up
Emily Quinn
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was very pleasantly surprised with this one! After reading an intriguing blurb about a hi-tech future, women rulers and a killer on the loose, I was very interested to see how the author pulled it all together without getting lost in too many themes. The result? It was PERFECT! Incredibly gritty, captivating and fast-paced, the story did exactly what it meant to - drew me in and left me wanting more of it!

If you like strong, feisty female characters, gruesome murders and an unforgettable myste
Susana Duarte
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've listen to the audiobook instead of reading and the narrator really does a very good job at bring all the different characters to life.
The story in itself is captivating because of the context (a future world were the women rule and men are the underdog, while robots slowly seem to drive humankind into boredom, seeking thrills by drugs and sexual pleasures), and also the interesting characters and their reflections.
There was one thing that I was not expecting in this kind of story with a cle
Curly's  Ramblings
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hot Ash and the Oasis Effect was not what I expected, but it was definitely entertaining. A story packed with satirical levity and turned upside down compared to what we face today with regards to male and female roles. My only hang up was the painting of the lead character as a big bad MF was a bit overdone. The narrator did a nice job. I received a free copy of this audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review.
Melissa
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent writing style. Good plot and good characters. I look forward to more from this author
Nancy
Mar 24, 2020 rated it liked it
It was entertaining, just not my genre.
Rhiannon
Mar 09, 2020
Andy
rated it did not like it
Mar 14, 2020
Jamie Johnston
Robin Boardman

• Savage Spades
  • Shadowed: Book 1 in the Shadow and Moon Series
  • Leviathan's Rise (Keepers of New Haven, #2)
  • Spellbound
  • House Atreides (Prelude to Dune #1)
  • Craven Street (Whitechapel Paranormal Society, #0.5, Ivy Granger Psychic Detective, #0.10)
  • Princess of Seduction (Dracula’s Bloodline #6)
  • Love and Avocados
  • Metal Bones
  • Night of the Berserkers (The Berserker Brides, #6)
  • The Faerie Knot (Celtic Magic, #3)
  • Sinister Magic (Death Before Dragons, #1)
  • Call of the Celts  (The Lost Heritage Trilogy #1)
  • How to Choose a Guy in 10 Days (Chick Flick Club, #1)
  • A Thousand Letters (The Austens, #2)
  • Sweet Captivity (Captive, #1)
  • One to Watch
  • Mafia Madame
Philip Wyeth's writing is imaginative and intense! His fully immersive speculative stories explore what might happen if people actually got everything they say they wanted—politically, technologically, or socially.

Relatable characters, polished prose, and outrageous spectacles ensure that readers are entertained along the way, no matter how high-concept the ideas being explored are.

Inspired by suc

Ashley Westgard (2 books)
  • The Incomplete Artist (Ashley Westgard, #2)

Related Articles

“He hated himself for allowing his heart to be tossed by the waves of her flicking tongue. This Earth Mother who in one moment offered limitless hope—a glorious horizon that would inspire him to perform any heroic deed she might require—before hurtling him into the hollow despair of her disdain. The goddess had chosen another! Or perhaps no one at all. What mattered was that the lovely warmth of her gaze no longer shone upon you.” 1 likes
“We all know what enhanced emotions can lead to. Love, hate, passion, pain! So if you wanna shut us down just because somebody pulls a trigger with tasties in their blood... Well, either the world gets boring real quick—or you create a lot more problems for yourself.” 0 likes