Start by marking “Something to Talk About” as Want to Read:
Something to Talk About

Something to Talk About

A showrunner and her assistant give the world something to talk about when they accidentally fuel a ridiculous rumor in this debut romance.

Hollywood powerhouse Jo is photographed making her assistant Emma laugh on the red carpet, and just like that, the tabloids declare them a couple. The so-called scandal couldn't come at a worse time—threatening Emma's promotion and Jo's
ebook

Availability: 50 copies available, 3039 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Feb 03 - Feb 23, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Something to Talk About, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Something to Talk About

megs_bookrack
    May 23, 2019 marked it as to-read
    Shelves: 2020-releases

I HAVE BEEN BLESSED!!!

Thank you so much, Berkley Books, for my ARC. You are always so good to me. I have been excited about this one for a while!!!

Original:

Berkley's FIRST QUEER FEMALE ROMANCE !!!

Too far?

Yeah, I probably went too far on that, but I am beyond for this one.

I've been loving Berkley Romance lately.
    They're crushing it.
    Nenia ⚡ Aspiring Evil Overlord ⚡ Campbell
    I mean, it's about time Berkley got gay.

Edit: there's a cover now.. and it's one of those over stylized cartoons lol
    Tucker
    Sep 18, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr
    COVER COVER COVER

---------------

omg, Berkley's first lesbian romance!!!!

This is really Something to Talk About...

sorry i had to
    Sana
    May 20, 2019 marked it as to-read-so-bad-it-hurts
    BERKLEY IS FINALLY PUBLISHING ITS FIRST (SLOW BURN) QUEER ROMANCE AND A WLW AT THAT BY A QUEER AUTHOR EEEEEEEEEEEE
    Corina
    Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: sweet, lgbt

Within a chapter or two I knew that I loved the writing. The smart and crisp style was what made it such an easy read for me, but the banter was what had me smiling and chuckling. It didn’t hurt that I was easily captivated and enchanted, thanks to an original plot, and lots of wonderful characters.

Here are the few things you should know about Something To Talk About:

The novel is the epitome of a SLOW BURN romance comparable to Mariana Zapata.

The story is fabulously romantic, sweet, and
    Allison
    Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: novels, debut-novels
    I knew I'd love SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT because it's a lesbian romantic comedy (and an interracial couple, at that) but FRIENDS I was not expecting it to be the perfect, pro-consent, adorable romance novel that it is. This book made me so happy. There was not as much steam and explicit content as I usually like in my romance novels (LOL), but the build up was absolutely delicious and the commitment to consent was YES YES YES. Wilsner handled the boss/assistant aspect of Jo and Emma's ...more
    agustina ♓
    Jan 29, 2020 marked it as to-read
    Shelves: waiting-list, lgbt
    BE GAY DO CRIMES
    Jessica B.
    Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    SWOONIEST SLOW-BURN EVER. Jo and Emma are the cutest and I most definitely yelled "Just kiss already!" several times whilst reading. SO SO GOOD.

*early work perk read*
    Miranda Reads
    Feb 09, 2020 is currently reading it
    description
    A huge thank you to the author and Berkley Publishing for sending me a free copy in exchange for an honest review
    Gretal
    Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: favorites
    No review could convey all my feelings regarding this book. It just blew my expectations out of the water. The slow burn, the pining, their respect and love for each other! hjskdflahsda.

I am obsessed with this book, and I cannot wait for it to come out so I can buy a copy.
    Karena
    I'm not usually a slow burn romance fan, but in this case, it paid off. We really need more f/f romance and Wilsner has given us a gem. Both main characters are fully fleshed out. We have a workplace romance, but not. The sexual tension is delightful. I can't wait to see what else Wilsner puts out.
    Erika
    Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    OH.MY.GOD. OBESSED WITH THE BOOK
    1. Loved the chemistry between Jo and Emma
    2. Loved the way Wilsner handled the power imbalance
    3. The Cassandra project was topical AF
    4. I just loved it!

Only thing was I was practically ready to throw my kindle towards the end waiting for these women finally get down to business. I am just too impatient for slow burns but I so enjoyed their journey and watching them fall in love.

*I received an ARC from netgalley in exchange for a fair review*
    Em
    Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    What I liked most about this was how real Emma and Jo felt - their reactions, their concerns, their gradual realization of how much the other meant to them all made the characters believable and so easy to root for. The supporting characters, especially Avery and Evelyn, were a lot of fun as well. The red carpet photo and the rumors, plus their boss/employee relationship aren't the only obstacles Jo and Emma have to deal with, which also made the story more fleshed out.

I'm glad to see
    Brittany ☾
    Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I just won this book from a Goodreads giveaway, and will update the review and rating when I finish reading the book. :)
    nick

4.5/5

So wonderful, wholesome, lighthearted. It had some good discussions on sexual assault in Hollywood, but other than that this a sweet book was about two adorable dorks who dance around each other with their feelings. It was just what I needed!

RTC
    AJ
    May 23, 2019 marked it as to-read
    Cute f/f romance is all I want and need in life
    Sara
    Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I wanted to make a U-haul joke here, but this was the most delicious slow burn romance I've consumed in forever and I f.r.e.a.k.i.n.g. loved it.
    mahana
    Jan 11, 2020 rated it liked it
    rep: Jewish bisexual mc, Chinese American lesbian mc

there were a few contributing factors to the lower rating, including incorrect social media marketing comparing this to breaking character (though i didn’t like the latter, so i’m glad this wasn’t the same), labelling it a fake dating romance, my dislike for very large age gaps, and incredibly slow-burn romance. i’m aware everyone else loves books where the couple barely interact until the final chapter, or some find charm in romances between
    Mary Elizabeth
    Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    This book is incredible and perfect and world, you are NOT ready.
    Amanda
    I received this novel as an ARC from Netgalley in return for an honest review.

FIRST OF ALL: I loved it.
    SECOND OF ALL: I truly loved it.

Personal Assistant Emma is devoted professionally to screenwriter and former child actress, Jo. Jo is about to be announced as the new writer for a James Bond-esque film series and all anyone can talk about is how a woman can't write an established action star. In order to not be forced to answer questions all night at the SAG Awards, Jo takes Emma with her and
    Pallavi
    Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    RATING: 4.5/5 STARS

If you're a newbie to F/F romance novels like I was, I wholeheartedly recommend this book! It was a very sweet story that also addressed important themes like sexual harassment, the #MeToo movement, consent, and workplace relationships. Emma and Jo were endearing characters. I loved their dialogue and blooming friendship, but beware, the plot is a REAL slow burn. I actually enjoyed this aspect because it allowed for thorough development of their feelings for each other before
    Katherine Sparkle
    I received a free ebook copy of Something to Talk About from NetGalley in exchange for feedback and an honest review.

When Jo Jones is seen laughing with her assistant at the SAG Awards, rumors that they are dating spread, but Jo hasn't publicly commented on her love life in 30 years and she's not about to start now. Curiously, as they deal with the fallout, Emma and Jo begin to realize their feelings aren't quite so platonic.

Something to Talk About is a very sweet and slow burning romance.
    Caitlin Siciliano
    Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Emma is Jo's assistant, and she's very good at her job. Perhaps too good, because rumors start to spread that Jo and Emma are dating. Jo tries to convince Emma that "no comment" is the best course of action, but things spiral out of control quickly and the rumors will not die down. It doesn't help that someone on set is clearly leaking information to fuel the fire. Emma and Jo may have feelings for each other, after all, but how can they be together if it could destroy both of their careers?

I
    Alicia Herrington
    Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Librarian: In the last 10 years LGBT romances have exploded across the YA market. A whole generation of teen readers have gotten used to having romances as diverse as they are. Well now those teenagers are growing up, and they want that same level of diversity in the adult romances they read. 'Something to Talk About' is a good one to hand them. It's as much frothy fun as any other Hollywood romance on the market, and it has at least some of the diverse content that the upcoming generation of ...more
    Hannah
    Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Talk about slow-burn...my god
    Madeline
    Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I really enjoyed the book. It's high time more money was put into f/f romance, and this will definitely help the genre open up more to queer characters and writers. The writing style was descriptive and funny, and offered a close glimpse into the characters' minds, which is important for contemporary romance! I loved how the romance developed between Emma and Jo, and thought that Wilsner did a great job with plotting and characterization.

I also loved how serious topics were handled by Wilsner.
    Erin
    Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Well, that was adorable. A very sweet, slow-burn Hollywood romance. I was initially nervous about the power dynamic between an older boss and her younger assistant, but Jo (the boss) is extremely conscious and careful. Frustratingly so, at times!

This is a story about learning to speak up for yourself and going after what you want. At any age. I hope we’ll get to see Emma and Jo again in future books.
    Bethany
    Emma is the 27 year-old assistant of Shonda Rhimes-like Jo Jones, a former child actress who has cultivated and runs a massive production company. Emma is superb at her job, and Jo's life certainly runs more smoothly thanks to Emma. But maybe it's more than just smooth running thanks to Emma.... Rumors of a relationship between boss and assistant crop up after Emma innocently accompanies Jo to the SAG Awards. As the two work through their feelings-- denial and finally slow acceptance-- a ...more
    Lucy
    Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    THIS IS THE GREATEST BOOK. IT'S EVEN BETTER THAN I HAD HOPED AND MY HOPE WERE EXTREMELY HIGH.

I LOVE IT AND I CAN'T WAIT TO READ EVERYTHING MERYL WILSNER WRITES FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIFE
    « previous 1 3 next »

• The Worst Best Man
    • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
    • Not the Girl You Marry
    • Girl Gone Viral (Modern Love, #2)
    • The Honey-Don't List
    • Not That Kind of Guy
    • Beach Read
    • The Happy Ever After Playlist
    • The Glass Hotel
    • Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)
    • The Two Lives of Lydia Bird
    • Mangos and Mistletoe
    • Upright Women Wanted
    • Tikka Chance on Me
    • In Five Years
    • Smoke Bitten (Mercy Thompson, #12)
    • Hither, Page (Page & Sommers, #1)
    • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
    Meryl Wilsner writes stories about queer women falling in love. Born in Michigan, Meryl lived in Portland, Oregon and Jackson, Mississippi before recently returning to the Mitten State. Some of Meryl’s favorite things include: all four seasons, button down shirts, the way giraffes run, and their wife.