Start by marking “Crave (Crave, #1)” as Want to Read:
Crave (Crave, #1)

Crave

(Crave #1)

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  6,869 ratings  ·  1,421 reviews
My whole world changed when I stepped inside the academy. Nothing is right about this place or the other students in it. Here I am, a mere mortal among gods…or monsters. I still can’t decide which of these warring factions I belong to, if I belong at all. I only know the one thing that unites them is their hatred of me.

Then there’s Jaxon Vega. A vampire with deadly secrets
Published April 7th 2020 by Entangled: Teen

To ask other readers questions about Crave, please sign up.
Skylar Just because someone is showing signs that it could be like another book. Doesn't mean that it is a ripoff. It is hard to come up with something in th…moreJust because someone is showing signs that it could be like another book. Doesn't mean that it is a ripoff. It is hard to come up with something in the same category as another awesome and incredible book as twilight. This is not the first book that anyone has probably read that uses the say story line. The thing about this book is that Tracy Wolff puts her own story and makes it her own. You can't ignore the fact that she is a great author with her own style.(less)
Tracy Wolff No, this is the first in a trilogy. And yes, the romance is a main factor, along with the narrator's journey to discover who and what she is.

·  6,869 ratings  ·  1,421 reviews

Start your review of Crave (Crave, #1)
TheBibliotheque ♡
I'll be honest, this book did not sparkle and I hope you are ready for a review with (1) bad twilight puns and (2) Robert Pattinson reenacting my thoughts.

But before I get to it, I'd like to make very clear that my love for the Twilight series has the life expectancy of Carlisle Cullen, and so it has existed since collars were all the rage and it will stay flawless, strong and pretty hot for a dad.

So as much as the vampire genre seems to have been buried by authors and publishers for some years
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
crave
Missed Twilight...?! 😱

Grace's life change after her parents died in a car accident, and so, from the life she knows in hot California - she moves to the frozen Alaska, but discovers she has to deal with much greater troubles than the cold... ❄❤

📚 "𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒏𝒐 𝒔𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒔 𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔, 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒑𝒆𝒐𝒑𝒍𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒅𝒐 𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔." 📚

She moves in with her uncle Finn and his daughter Macy. Finn runs a private prestigious academy, but from the moment she enters "Katmere", Grace doesn't feel like she belong
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
Final review, first posted on Fantasy Literature:

Apparently the market for breathless YA romances with sexy vampires isn't fully saturated yet, because Crave, a new paranormal romance thriller by Tracy Wolff that cheerfully admits to being inspired by Twilight — check out the blatant knock-off cover — offers readers a slightly updated take on the genre.

When her parents are killed in an automobile accident, high-school-aged Grace reluctantly leaves San Diego and travels to the remote, icy interio
alana ♡
Mar 31, 2020 marked it as dnf
Shelves: fantasy
I tried, I really did.
But this was just so cliche that it HURT.

There was no way I could make my way through 600 pages of this. The fact that the main character was like "ugh gross, I'm not like the other girls in a YA romance" made my soul cringe. Plus, it's just weird to me that the MC and the vampire went from being rude to one another to literally two seconds later on top of each other rubbing each others faces. Like, y'all are strangers! What's happening?! I have got to go.

Blog | Twitter
Sol ~ TheBookishKing
dnf @ 6%

talk about a dumpster fire lmao
Heather
Jun 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Did this book feel like a Twilight rip off?
Absolutely.
Did I have a fun time reading it?
Absolutely.

This book follows Grace after the death of her parents, she moves to a small part of Alaska with her Uncle and cousin, Macy to a boarding school they run. After she gets there she learns this might not be a normal school....put two and two together and there's your plot.
First of all this book was way to long, at almost 600 pages. There wasn't a ton of plot to go with the length of the book either,
Rachel Kathryn Wright
Jul 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
At first I thought this was going to be a two star read because I hated how similar this was to Twilight. It felt like this book was Twilight rebranded. But once you get halfway through it loses those similarities and becomes its own story. The writing was great, I was invested from beginning to end even during the parts that annoyed me. The pacing was fantastic and it didn’t feel slow at any parts. And the fantasy element intertwined in a modern world was well done. The storyline I found really ...more
Larry H
Apr 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Does the world need another brooding vampire love story? Yes.

Grace’s parents were killed in an accident, so she has to move from San Diego to Alaska, where her uncle is the head of a fancy prep school in a remote town. And while Alaska itself is a total shock to her system, she’s not expecting school to be in an actual castle, nor is she expecting everyone to take an immediate dislike to her.

When she catches the eye of Jaxon Vega, the hottest guy she’s ever seen, surrounded by a group of broodin
Stephanie Marquez
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Crave is like Twilight grew up to be a witty, sophisticated feminist with a flare for fun and sexual tension.

When reading, “Crave” the easiest comparison to draw would be that of, “Twilight”. But I feel like I would not be giving the author the credit due for what she has done for this genre. No, “Crave” may be the vampire love story we were missing from Stephanie Meyer’s series but we have arrived in 2020 more sophisticated, demanding more from our heroines, and our literature.

I sat with Grac
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
A bit of a departure for me!

Grace’s parents have died, and she’s sent to a boarding school where her uncle is headmaster. She’s now living in Alaska (I LOVE Alaska!). The characters are so likable. Starting with Grace, I just loved her. Her uncle really cares for her, and her cousin is her best friend. Jaxon is a vampire and brings along some mystery. The atmosphere of the boarding school is engaging. There’s so much to love here. While I don’t read a ton of young adult fantasy, there are times
Nenia ✨️ Socially Awkward Trash Panda ✨️ Campbell
Honestly, someone could shit on a napkin and if they told me it was vampire-related, I would probably still want to read that napkin.

This sounds really good though. :F
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

DNF @32%

I tried, I really did. It took me a week to make it to 30% and I just can't do it. The heroine is juvenile, repeating in her mind how hot everyone is. And everything is something AF. i can't count all the ways something is AF, sexy AF, creepy AF, hot AF...I expect from YA that the language is different from CR but boy, this heroine sounds like a 14 year old.

Everything is cliche and not very original. I get that this has a hard time after so many amazing YA vampire books but for that it w
Amy Imogene Reads

Alright y'all. Yes, this is basically Twilight 2.0 in look and feel. But I read almost 600 pages in less than 24 hours and had a damn good time. So no judgments here.

Crave is clearly appealing to the Twilight fan base in its cover design and overall story concept. I won't sugarcoat it. You will compare and contrast the entire novel while reading it. There are a lot of similarities.

But.

I would go so far as to say that this widens the door for vampire paranormal romance to reenter the Y
Alexandra ✨Reading By Starlight✨
Hmmmm... getting major Twilight vibes from that cover... 🤔🤔🤔

-----------------

I’m not going to lie – I was 100% sucked in by that Twilight-esque cover and the promise of vampire romance. I think we’ve well and truly established the fact that I am still trash for vampire fiction.

But, and to my exasperation, Crave is not a very good book. There is nothing original or ground breaking in its flimsy plot, it’s isolated boarding school setting or trope-riddled characters. And I was kind of prepared for
Davina Herondale
Apr 04, 2020 marked it as to-read
is no one gunna talk about how this cover is literally just a twilight-like picture and the original vampire diaries font or...
Megan
Apr 08, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2020
FULL REVIEW TO BE FOUND ON https://alittleshelfrighteous.wordpre...

(Side note, I’m genuinely baffled why this has so many good reviews? Anyway...)

MY THOUGHTS

❝We’re balanced on a razor-thin tightrope, and every day, every minute, is a balancing act. One wrong step in either direction, and the world burns.❞

Like, OMG WTF was this book? It was definitely not sexy AF. FML. Sad face emoji, eye roll emoji . . . Wait, you mean that I shouldn't talk like that in the review? Isn't that how all teenagers
Candace Robinson
Jan 24, 2020 is currently reading it
🧛🏻‍♂️
Sentranced Jem
May 22, 2020 rated it it was ok
I picked this book up because I read an article recently where they mentioned that universal picked up the film rights for Crave and they were also calling it the ‘new’ Twilight….so ofcourse I was beyond curious.

Ah! The good old days… my twilight fan days. I was young and impressionable and just like millions of girls…I too, fell for Edward Cullen. Bella? Nahhh Not so much. Hermione Granger all the way!

Anyway..back to Crave. A friend of mine who read this book before I did, loved it. Since I’ve
Wendy Higgins
All the old school paranormal-romance tropes with a cool setting. :)
Brooke Witherow
Jun 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5/5

An entertaining read that heavily draws inspiration from Twilight. The love interest even gives the main character a copy of Twilight lol. If you enjoyed Twilight, then you’ll enjoy this.

It was an entertaining read. I guessed most of the main plot twists pretty early on though. Runs into some issues with Bella, ahem, Grace commenting on how she doesnt need saving etc, but then often finds herself in situations where that very thing happens.

I got annoyed at how long everyone tried to keep
Victoria Booklover
Mar 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you entangled teen for sending me this book! I was super excited to receive it in exchange for my honest thoughts.

Let’s go.

Before you read this book, you need to know a something...

This books reads very YA-like. Not that mature borderline adult fantasy aka New Adult that you’re used to seeing in most of our YA books now. This is closer to what YA used to be. Fun simple writing that has a youthful feel to it. So if that’s not something you’re interested in...then this book isn’t for you.

Pe
Cortney LaScola - The Bookworm Myrtle Beach
I really do not get the hype over this book. It had the worst case of insta-love I have ever read, I lost count of the number of times I rolled my eyes, and the MC, Grace, kind of (definitely) sucks.

The writing was juvenile and mediocre, and the book was at least 200 pages too long.

While we know about the supernatural element from the blurb, they actually didn't even discuss it with the "helpless" human or the reader until 300 pages in. 300 PAGES!

I love a good, angsty vampire story, and I reall
Stacee

I’m 1000% here for anything vampires and couldn’t wait to get to this one. I kept putting it off because I was never quite ready for 592 pages...eventually curiosity won out.

I liked Grace. She’s sassy and (mostly) stands up for herself. She’s got a lot going on in the beginning of this story and she’s handling it a lot better than I would. Her cousin Macy is delightful and I’m hoping we see more from her. Jaxon...well, he’s everything you expect: tall, dark, brooding, and speaks in rid
Sofia
Sep 10, 2020 marked it as books-i-will-never-read
The cover looks like Twilight's. The blurb sounds like Twilight's blurb. It's about sparkly vampires.

So obviously it's for fans of Moby Dick and War and Peace.
Jessica | Booked J
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Blog | Twitter | Instagram | Tik Tok | You can find my review here.

Okay, okay, hear me out: I'm nostalgic. I've been indoors for far too long. I'm bored. I need something that is high on escapism. I haven't seen any of my friends or family since, uh, March, like most. And Crave came out at just the right time because it was a thoroughly entertaining, sometimes cringy, and wholly nostalgia-infused read. The
Melanie  Brinkman
At Katmere Academy, "Bite me" may be taken quite literally.

Grace thought her world was done being upended after the tragic accident that killed her parents. But her whole life changes once again when she steps into the academy. Something isn't right about the place or the other students.

When she meets Jaxon, a gorgeous guy with an attitude, the feeling of walking into a den of gods and monsters increases. Worse, someone seems be trying to take Grace out. Stuck in a remote castle, leaving is ne
madie (madieanne)
Jul 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
there’s only one thing to do:

smile and wave, boys. smile and wave
☼ ☄︎ Anneli✩ ☽
Crave
⭐️⭐️⭐️

If I hadn’t continued to read after that slow beginning I definitely would not finish this read. I wasn’t into it at all but after 200 pages (which is too much) it started getting interesting (at least). I must say though, the ending made up for the beginning.
I liked how she mentioned To all the boys I’ve loved before, Watermelon sugar and Twilight (which tops the cake, literally). But the TENSION, just wow. I’m probably going to pick up the next installment when it comes out.

VAMPIRES DON'T SP...: "Crave" movie in the works. The "Feminist Twilight" 8 37 Apr 19, 2020 08:26AM
Critical reading 1 16 Apr 15, 2020 01:10AM

• The Family Upstairs
  • The Cabin at the End of the World
  • Every Other Weekend
  • End of Watch (Bill Hodges Trilogy, #3)
  • From Blood and Ash (Blood and Ash, #1)
  • The Other Wife
  • Shades of Wicked (Night Rebel, #1)
  • Finders Keepers (Bill Hodges Trilogy, #2)
  • The Hand on the Wall (Truly Devious, #3)
  • Shadow of the Batgirl
  • Reverie
  • The Afterlife of Holly Chase
  • The Deep
  • A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire (Blood and Ash, #2)
  • The New Husband
  • A Bad Day for Sunshine (Sunshine Vicram, #1)
  • From Alaska With Love
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Tracy Wolff is a lover of vampires, dragons, and all things that go bump in the night. A onetime English professor, she now devotes all her time to writing dark and romantic stories with tortured heroes and kick-butt heroines. She has written all her sixty-plus novels from her home in Austin, Texas, which she shares with her family. tracywolffbooks.c ...more

Crave (2 books)
  • Crush

Articles featuring this book

Are you searching for a great young adult novel to dive into? In that case, you've come to the right place. Goodreads members are pros at...
“He turns me inside out with a look, destroys me with a kiss.” 30 likes
“I can see something in his eyes. Something powerful and terrible and all-consuming.” 28 likes