Start by marking “Suppose We (The Flying Crooked series Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Suppose We (The Flying Crooked series Book 1)

Suppose We (The Flying Crooked series Book 1)

When a ship crash-lands on a faraway planet the crew needs local help. Unfortunately, the natives are a million years ahead of us. Ignored, the crew has to find a way to get attention.

Bringing back a sense of discovery and wonder to science fiction.

“I’ve always found Geoff’s work both inspirational and brilliant. I know that whenever I pick up one of his works I’m in for
Published May 20th 2019 by LL-Publications

To ask other readers questions about Suppose We, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Suppose We

Kate Rauner
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected - defies tropes to bring an imaginative story of first contact on an alien world. Fun novella
Mark Iles
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've read all of Geoff Nelder's work, found them all superbly written and this is no exception. What a fabulous read, can't believe it was only delivered this morning and I've read it already!
Geoff's world building is exemplary, the character conflict brilliant, and there's a real sense of other worldiness with the Kep. With the senses all covered you find yourself really invested in the tale. Loved 'Papillon', naming the 'butterfly' that really made me smile.
My only complaint is that it ended t
Charles Remington
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Suppose We is the name of an interstellar exploration ship manned by a crew of four, with a mission to explore a suitable planet for human habitation in the Kepler system. It is also the title of the latest book by author Geoff Nelder. The story commences when Science Officer Gaston Poirer is woken from his stasis sleep by the ship’s AI which has detected huge Jupiter-sized spherical gas clouds heading for the same planet as themselves. Unsure what to make of the situation, Poirer decides to wak ...more
Bob Rich
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The best thing about reading speculative fiction is the creative imagination of someone else, who thinks up things (even) I haven’t. If the writing is good, I join into the author’s reality-construction while reading. Then, afterward, the new concepts challenge me. I muse over “what if” considerations, and perhaps my view of the possible is enlarged.
This is why I enjoy Geoff Nelder’s writing. He and I think very differently. At first, some of his concepts strike me as bizarre -- then they grow o
Jeff Hawkin
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Nelder's Aria trilogy with its unique amnesia ideas, so when amazon told me about suppose we (what a great name for a ship and book!!) I had to give it a go. Brill. Loved the vegan science officer and felt his angst even though I'm not even a veggie tho maybe shuld be. Glad there are only 4 chief people in the story and that we could follow what they thought and did. That AI is awesome. Like HAL only more crazy. That butterfly! Who else would give a role to a butterfly! gENIUS.
Thomas Defazio
May 24, 2019
Debajyoti Datta
May 28, 2019
Geoff Nelder
May 21, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Nicole Luttrell
Jun 02, 2019
James G
marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2019
Geoff Nelder has a wife, two grown-up kids, an increasing number of grandkids, and lives in rural England within an easy cycle ride of the Welsh mountains. He taught Geography and Information Technology for years until writing took over his life. Geoff is a competition short-fiction judge, and a freelance editor.

Publications include several non-fiction books on climate reflecting his other persona