Start by marking “Beast Master (The Temple Chronicles, #5)” as Want to Read:
Beast Master (The Temple Chronicles, #5)

Beast Master

(The Temple Chronicles #5)

An alternative cover edition for this ASIN can be found here.

Nate's To-Do List: De-pants Ganesh. Drop-kick the Fae Queens in the chesticles. Shut down a Monster Circus.

Oh, and host Friendsgiving for his guests—an Angel, Achilles, and Death, just to name a few. Easy-Peasy...

But the Beast Master has come to town, and he's kidnapping shifter kids for his show.

And the Queens o
Published by Argento Publishing, LLC (first published February 28th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Beast Master, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Beast Master (The Temple Chronicles, #5)
Montzalee Wittmann
Beast Master (The Temple Chronicles #5) by Shayne Silvers is yet another awesome book in a string of greats! I can't wait for these books to hit the big screen either as movie or tv show. This one is no different then the others in that it is filled with humor, snark, danger, unexpected creatures or surprises, and great characters. There are big surprises in this book. Indie has a new look, Nate redecorates his house, and his friends want to kill him...wait, that's not new. Lots of fun in here w ...more
Denisa
Ohh, now what do we have here!

I'm at book number 5. It's amazing that it's still extremely exciting and fun and yay

No idea why there aren't more people reading this series, but there should be. This author is great, and somehow, even at book number 5, he still manages to surprise me.
Well done, Shayane Silvers. Well done.
Riana Elizabeth
My affection for the first books in the series has me continuing to read past the last book's 3 star review, hoping the series would shake off its issues and bounce back.

It didn't happen with this installment and I'm debating whether I'll read the next.

While I like that Silvers is getting a quick turnaround with series installments (I'm ridiculously impatient when I want to continue reading and run out of books), I almost feel as if this is what's causing the series to suffer because he's not sp
Penny
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Every single time I think Mr. Silvers will never be able to write a better book than the one he just wrote, he surprises me every time. In this latest installment of the Nate Temple series, Nate is feeling all kinds of down as he has lost someone important to him to another family member, and he is dealing with his new power. Then, he is approached by Rufus who wants Nate to rescue his daughter from the Beast Master, someone who kidnaps Freaks and puts them in his show. Nate is willing but is pu ...more
Runningrabbit
The Plot Thickens

This book gives further developments into the Syndicate and their grip throughout the paranormal community as the plot thickens, together with insight into how Ichabod and Indie are going. I'll stop here so I don't let any secrets out...
Amanda
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shock shock and more

Honestly, I liked the twist. It wasn’t what I had hoped but that’s okay because it usually ends up better
Jacob Sindic
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Silvers' writing ability has proven brilliant through all his books, but the sheer gravitas he puts into this story with every little thing and all of it piling up to absolute chaos shows that there is madness in his methods and for good reason. This time the protagonist's biggest enemy to overcome is himself and his instability, and learning that his choices have more effects and consequences than he could have foreseen on numerous levels. Every character comes to call in this story and all of ...more
Selina Harvey
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr
As with all of the books in the Nate Temple universe, this one seriously does NOT disappoint! Shayne Silvers, as always, starts with action and adventure, sprinkled liberally with snark and wit, a few dashes of angst and woe, and and a smidge of WTF for good measure.

Figures of myth and legend, whom you have always felt comfortable "knowing" through literature are always brought to light in whole new and interesting ways, humanizing them also, at times, demonizing them. Characters are always well
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super action

Just when you think you might know where Nate is headed, he switches things up. At first glance all looks well for Team Temple, well, except for Indie off training with Ichabad. But Nate has a houseful of friends and plenty of good cheer until an unexpected guest comes calling. Basically a whole lot of unexpected chaos ensues and everyone is fairly convinced that Nate had finally lost his ever loving mind. In a hail Mary attempt to set things right, Nate even gets up close and person
Cyrene Olson
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This may be my favorite book yet in this series. This author has a talent of messing with your equilibrium and throwing you off course. And this book is no different. Nate is again cursed – and he’ll need to embrace his inner demon to come out of this one alive and face the Beast Master. With a little help from his friends, this very original, action-packed story will keep you on the edge of your seat. A lot of base things happened in this story that propelled this story forward in ways I didn’t ...more
Kimm Reilly
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

This is a different Nate Temple, one who is jaded, feels abandon and may be slowly loosing his mind. There is a lot on anger in the beginning of this book; allies, foes, strangers everyone seems to be working against Nate (including himself) but there's a superb ending leading to the next book (which I cannot wait to read).
Lots of old faces return, but it's the 'new' friends who shine, here. Nate's trying to hold everything together, with Indie off training and Gunnar focusing more on
Terry Bates
Steve Isenhower
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

A great addition to the Nate Temple series. Not thrilled with where the story went but loved how it got there.
Lisa Bogden Godfrey
It's been said that no relationship can exist in a vacuum - Nate Temple is finding this out because all of his are starting to suck. His friends think he's going crazy, he's not sure he isn't and he has more bitches than a puppy mill mad at him. Add in Gods, Angels, Horsemen of the Apocalypse and fairies that would sooner take your teeth than leave you money and you have making of one epic adventure. This book takes Nate (and you) on a much darker journey than the previous books. While you could ...more
Fleur
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Nate's sanity is slipping, he has lost Indie after she took off with Ichabod who he hates and the gets tricked to help someone out. I love how people who were once enemies now allies, but alas there are others who no longer are allies. Nate really has his job cut out for him to stand up to the Beast Master even with a lot of help and pressure as others are affected by the Beast Master. You will LOL with the scene in the bank and Alucard and the digs he gives poor Gunner.
More than the Beast Maste
Giriniss
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Seriously, how many times you can step in to the same poop pile again and again? Well this books has the answer - a lot, by bow the aforementioned poop pile has a loong track record, and our character is definitely a conductor in this poop train, when he is not riding his meat bicycle...
was gonna rate this 2/5, but it has Boo in it (the giant Space Hamster or whatever Ganeshas rodent is called (insert Baldur's Gate reference)) so therefore 4/5 in my books, saved again by plethora fun characters
Deanna
Jul 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little too metaphysical

Everyone seems to be turning on Nate as he battles with trust issues and a deeper descent into Maker madness. Another curse strips his powers and he meets with gods Shiva and Ganesh for some metaphysical advice. Indie's gone bad and it fuels Nate's anger-driven chaos. Throw in the evil Beast Master kidnapping Freaks for his death matches, and it is one busy story.
P S
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beast Master: A Nate Temple Supernatural Thriller Book 5 (The Nate Temple Chronicles)

For a book series to carry on from where it left off in the previous book as got to be a hell of an author to keep going, talking about a series of books taking you on an adventure like this is truly wonderful series. I really don't know how much more the series can go but for it to continue would be an honour to read...
Peter Moray
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very exciting addition to the series. Great characters and lots of amazing action sequences. I would have given it 5 stars (in fact, I would give all of his books 5 stars) except his constant use of adverbs (very often the same adverbs) is something I personally find annoying, but the stories and characters are always top-shelf. The last five books I have read have all been in this series and I started book 6 last night as soon as I finished book 5. He's got me hooked!
Carley
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Team Temple does it again!

Much like the previous books, Shayne Silvers brings his readers on a supernatural thrill ride in his latest. I love how various flavors of were, fae, wizards, etc are thrown together to provide a fast paced but involved story. The fact that it's set in St. Louis is the icing on the cake.
Lani
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

A True Visionary!
I am an avid reader and I have never experienced such a masterful storyteller! Shayne's ability to weave a tale and totally engross you in the story is magical. I must say that he has become my #1 favorite author and I look forward to his upcoming books. The Beast Master will entertain you and leave you on the edge of your seat and like all his fans....begging for more!
COLLEEN E ROBINSON
A freaking amazing read!!!

Loved everything about it! Action, laughter, mystery, gods, fae, weres, just plain addiction!!!! Absolutely a must read!!! Characters that you love (some you love to see killed off) & writing that does not disappoint! I won't go into the story itself because you seriously need to experience it yourself.
Jennifer Manning
This is simply one of the best series I've ever read. Nate Temple may have started out an arrogant jerk, like some have said in the past, but he's matured. Unfortunately, his problems have only grown with him. He's made some very powerful friends and enemies. Things are about to get hotter than ever after based on what he's been shown and you don't want to miss it.
Linda Grant
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nate Temple is back.

Nate Temple returns. It appears that every time Nate comes up against a new foe he leaves with new allies, whether they become allies through choice or are somehow coerced into the role makes no difference. Nate finds that some of his friends have hidden abilities, which earns them more respect from Nate and a new nickname for Alucard.
Flofringe
Meh. I enjoyed the first three books but became bored with this installment mid way through. I stopped and started it numerous times but it just seemed to have too little character development and the same type of predicaments as the previous books. If the MC was more likable I might have enjoyed it more.
Karen
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another winner from Shayne Silvers!! Action, Adventure, Mythical Creatures, Magic, Snark....What a FREAKING AWESOME BLEND in this story, no make that series; the whole series is amazing. I voluntarily read an ARC and this is my honest review.
Karen Brady
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nate Temple Rocks!

I have read all the Temple books in the last week, I liked them so much! Cept now I have to wait..
This series is a blast !!Try it, you'll Like it!
Blessings, MystycWytch
John Wainscott
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!!!

I love this series. Deep characters bring his world to life. If you love the it vocal or supernatural then do yourself a favor and read this series. Cannot wait to find out how the overarching story unfolds.
Angela Ower
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Team Temple

Great story telling, always leaving you wanting more !! I love sarcastic, always creative Nate he fast on his feet and loves a good lunch line. I love the story line of Alucard, he is a great addition to the team.
Sheryl Olszewski
Insert trite title here

Page turner. Gripping. Couldn't put it down. And daggone it, every one of them is true. Who can be trusted? Layers of betrayals. Chaos. And Nate Temple, smack in the middle of it all.

So entertaining! Highly recommend!

« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Full Moon Howl (Montague & Strong Case Files #2)
  • Blood is Thicker (Montague & Strong Case Files #3)
  • Tombyards & Butterflies (Montague & Strong Case Files #1)
  • Graveyard Druid (Colin McCool #2)
  • Moonlight Druid (Colin McCool #3)
  • Druid Apprentice (Colin McCool #9)
  • Dragons & Demigods (Montague & Strong Case Files #6)
  • Underground Druid (Colin McCool #4)
  • Silver Clouds Dirty Sky (Montague & Strong Case Files #4)
  • Reaping Wind (Montague & Strong Case Files #9)
  • Bullets & Blades (Montague & Strong Case Files #7)
  • Druid's Due (Colin McCool, #8)
  • Homecoming (Montague & Strong Case Files #5)
  • Purge City (Prof Croft, #3)
  • Junkyard Druid (Colin McCool #1)
  • Druid Enforcer (Colin McCool #6)
  • Druid Justice (Colin McCool #5)
  • Druid Vengeance (Colin McCool #7)
Let's cut to the chase. You read stuff. I write stuff. So, If you want to nab a few of my free Amazon Best Selling Urban Fantasy books to test the waters, go here: http://www.shaynesilvers.com

Now, let's talk about this specimen of a man named Shayne...

Shayne Silvers writes the "Nate Temple Series" which features a foul-mouthed, flawed, young wizard with a chip on his shoulder attempting to protec

The Temple Chronicles (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Obsidian Son (The Temple Chronicles, #1)
  • Blood Debts (The Temple Chronicles, #2)
  • Grimm (The Temple Chronicles, #3)
  • Silver Tongue (The Temple Chronicles, #4)
  • Tiny Gods (The Temple Chronicles, #6)
  • Daddy Duty (The Temple Chronicles, #6.5)
  • Wild Side (The Temple Chronicles, #7)
  • War Hammer (The Temple Chronicles, #8)
  • Nine Souls (The Temple Chronicles, #9)
  • Horseman (The Temple Chronicles, #10)