Start by marking “Grimm (The Temple Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Grimm (The Temple Chronicles, #3)

Grimm

(The Temple Chronicles #3)

An alternative cover edition for this ASIN can be found here.

Assassination contracts don’t make good wedding proposals.

Sharing a beer with Death—one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse—really put a few things into perspective for this foul-mouthed, billionaire wizard. Like finally getting the stones to propose to his girlfriend.

But the Brothers Grimm—legendary supernatu
Published August 25th 2016 by Argento Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Grimm, please sign up.
Glyndon Peters Sorry answering my own question so it would show on page

Montzalee Wittmann
Grimm: A Novel In The Nate Temple Supernatural Thriller Series (The Temple Chronicles #3) by Shayne Silvers is such an awesome book! So were the others but this one had me worried there for a bit in the book, DON'T DO THAT TO YOUR READERS, SOME HAVE WEAK HEARTS!!! Man, I love these books. On to read the next one...they are soooo freaking addictive. Weres, vamps, Death, Angels, a Minotaur, and fairies, and .... you get the picture. I don't think you really do unless you read the books because th ...more
Christine Ryan
William Bitner Jr.
Just finished reading “Grimm:The Temple Chronicles Book 3) by Shayne Silvers. Although I enjoyed all the books in this series (Obsidian Son, Fairy Tale, Blood Debt, Grimm), this one was by far my favorite. I was entertained from the first page to the last and it left with wanting more. And I’m happy to know that there will be more in the next installment to this fantastic Supernatural Thriller Series due out, from what I understand, sometime in December 2016. Great characters (Alucard (that's Dr ...more
Natalie Fallon
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First of all it is worth a reminder that this is not the first book in the series and so, although you would still be able to enjoy this book without doing so, it would be better to read Obsidian Son and Blood Debt first. After enjoying the first Obsidian Son and then the even better Blood Debt for their varied characters, storyline and humour I was so pleased that Grimm was even better. It had the trademark slightly dark humour from the fast paced start and the momentum continued throughout the ...more
Cory Rose
Sep 07, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-stuff
Liked the first two better

Still good, like the characters the dialogue and the action, but I liked the first two books much more. There were quite a few things I didn't like in this one, that said I am still interested in seeing where the story is going and will definitely read the next one.
Linda Grant
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yet another trip with Nate Temple full of twists and turns. Both old friends and enemies put in an appearance, for some their lives will never be the same. Anyone who has ever read any of the fairy tales written by the brothers Grimm will know that they are much darker than the Disney versions, Nate's life also takes a nosedive into darkness, hopefully he can pull himself out again.
Gareth Otton
You have a character succeed against extremely overwhelming odds once and you have a potentially good story. You have it happen two books in a row, you start stretching the realms of believability. You do it three books in a row and you develop the problem I had with Grimm, the third book in The Temple Chronicles.

This book sees Nate Temple go up against the Grimms, a family of deadliest killers the world has ever known and an overwhelming force with a personal grudge against Nate. Time and agai
Lora Shouse
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Nate Temple and his Freaks are back.

This time they are beset by Grimms – a group of people whose superpower is that they can sense when other people are magic users. They are an ancient race. They believe that all magic users are dangerous, evil, etc., and they have made it their mission to destroy them all. Years, or centuries, ago, one of Nate’s ancestors managed to lock them away in a void somewhere. The key to this place wa
Emily Pennington
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
While visiting Achilles’ bar, Nate Temple hears that vampires have been snatching girls and taking them down into the sewers, never to be heard from again. Achilles’ own bartender has suspiciously gone missing, so Nate decides to do him a favor to make things right between them. So he, his werewolf friend Gunnar, and girlfriend Indie head for the sewers.

Under vicious attack by the vampires – he of course had found a nest of them and not just the one vampire he had intended – he and his friends w
Anita
What I like about this series: The smart-ass Tony-Stark-esque hero, Nate Temple. All his friends. The relationships among them. The very broad range of fantasy characters. The creative ways Nate evades certain death.

What I dislike about this series: Not enough time for Nate to learn his powers, catch his breath, or develop relationships between the action. It's 0 to 60 in under 5 seconds, every book.

This book is the worst offender yet. Not only does it jump the gun on the action sequences, but
Carolynn
I was given this book in return for an honest review (my only kind!). Everything I have read so far by Shayne Silvers has been at least good, but this book was GREAT! In GRIMM he pulls all the remaining story threads from the previous two novels in the series together and ties them off to a satisfying conclusion. Just a few words of advice, when it gets hard, keep going, keep going, keep going. Just remember, there are many characters in this story with magical power and you may not have been pa ...more
Stephanie Macgregor
I was given a free copy of this ebook in exchange for an honest review.

The story of Nate Temple has gotten even better. In this book the Brothers Grimm have come for Nate because they need access to the armory, and to exact revenge. Action packed and addicting. So addicting that I missed quite a few hours of sleep. I love the story of how the Brothers Grimm came to be in this book, and how Nate has decided that no matter how much the odds are against him, he is going defeat them or die trying. A
Stacy
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A bit of a filler novel

This book had no real plot. The final battle was essentially Nate get Mad, Nate go boom. I think the author was trying to use this book to tell the story of Nate's trials and tribulations in figuring out what is different about his maker power and how does he harness it. Unfortunately, that inner conflict is superficial. There are whole sections of the book that seem copied and pasted with a thesaurus used to make the reader believe something new is happening. I loved the
Carol Tietsworth
Grimm is the third book I read in the Nate Temple Series, actually Fairy Tales is a novella between Obsidian Son and Blood Debts, but I digress. Each book in this series is a stand alone, without those messy cliffhangers, thank heavens, and with each I am further enmeshed in Nate Temple''s world. These aren't our childhood stories, all those fairy-tale folk, in this case The Brothers Grimm, show up in mysterious and frightening ways.
Compelling, well written, with a quirky turn of phrase, thorou
T.J. Jansen
Seriously Shayne, can you please let Nate make at least one good decision! Why does the plot line have to be solely based on Nate being a moron. I really want to give these books 4 or 5 Star reviews because I do enjoy them, but they are so infuriating. When the entire Crux of the plot line could be resolved by simply destroying the one thing everybody wants to kill you for (and you don't need) it makes me almost root for the bad guys.
Cyrene Olson
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We are taken on a wild ride, almost right out of the gate with the third book in this series, and you never get a chance to catch your breath. Nate has a hit out on him, and it’s the Grimm’s that are after him, whom are much stronger than he is. Since he doesn’t have control over his powers yet, he’s a sitting duck, but his friends, and a couple new allies, are targeted too.
This book doesn’t let its foot off the gas pedal much, it’s a fully action packed book that keeps the reader tense and on h
Debbie Turk
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Exciting, Scary & It Made Me Cry!!😱😭💥
(Read using Audible Free Trial)

I was in hospital & too poorly to concentrate on reading words so my hubby signed me up to the Audible trial so I could 'hear' some books instead of reading them. It was a tad odd I'll admit, but it was better than having no books at all 👍 Weirdly, I found Nate came across a lot more smug, immature & annoying in this format than when I read the books!!😳 Maybe it was related the narrator/voice actor? I'm just not sure
Jesse Whitehead
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

Nate continues to be Nate, and that's a good thing. He's still adjusting to his new Maker power and trying to get the love of his life to agree to forever, but ancient enemies don't seem inclined to give him the time to figure it all out. This book contains pretty much non-stop action. So much happens that not all of it can be satisfactorily explained and I'm pretty sure that some of the explanations given were part conjecture and will prove not quite accurate in the future. Which means,
Dana Audette
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jaw-dropping excitement.

Some books that are part of a series become repetitive. Not so with the Nate Temple series. It is filled with twists and turns that keep you riveted to the pages. In Grimm you're introduced to many pivotal characters. The way they are interwoven with Nate is amazing. There is an abundance of jaw-dropping excitement, sarcasm, and magical creatures. If you enjoy supernatural thrillers, this is the book for you. You will be immersed in this book and not want to put it down.
Michael Brown
Jul 30, 2019 marked it as the-temple-chronicles
To get a little bit of back story on this book, its best if you have read the prequel novella Fairy Tale which you can get for free by checking out Shayne Silvers website.
In this book, Shayne delivers a Haymaker to the Fairy Tales that we know, he twists them, manipulates them and turns them into something amazing, the books get better and better, this is only book 3 and i was hooked from the get go!
Michael Brown
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amy
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am really enjoying The Temple Chronicles. If you are a paranormal junkie these books are for you. Grimm introduces us to some new characters, the true Grimm Brothers, along with some unlikely allies for Nate and his team. I did having a crying fit at the end of this book when some of my favorite characters, well you'll just have to read for yourself. Having said this Nate is a Maker and I see big changes coming for him in the future!
Ryan Ohashi
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best one of three!

This book seemed to be the most complex with so many different characters, that if you weren't paying attention you were guaranteed to miss it, while giving each at least a cursory depth to their character. Also this one had the most action, especially the final confrontation with the Grimm's and Nate accepting his powers granted.

This is an, "I just couldn't put it down" type of fun and exciting novel!
Sydney
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Don't let the Grimm get ya!

Another thrilling ride in the Templeverse. This series keeps getting more and more addicting despite my minor annoyances with Nate (I struggle with his cockiness at times). This was a pretty epic story in that a lot of different freaks came together to stand against a common evil, and I enjoyed learning more about these supernatural creatures. Loved the battle scenes! Can't wait to see what's in store next.
Katie
May 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. Best of the three books so far.

But still... an entire book of action is just too much for me. I need down time. I need time to digest the previous battle before another is thrust on him. I need more character development that isn't revolving around a magical battle.

I am sure there is a method to his madness when writing these, to keep you guessing wondering who or what someone is. But after reading his first three books back to back to back, I am over it.
Fleur
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
This book was different as there were also tears shed along with the tense and LOL moments.
By now anyone who has read the series is fully immersed and invested into the characters and The Temple Chronicles, with this book Shayne Silvers hits us hard with everything. I love how Nate is meeting and making new friends whether they want to be or not, but he really needs them by the end of the book.
worst thing about this book ... I still have no idea about Mallory!
Travis
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series is fun. There are multiple plotlines running with loads of action . The array of characters is interesting and fairly well fleshed out . That said I really can't decide if I like the lead character or not. Nate's a bit of a douchebag in all honesty. For anyone who enjoys series like the Dresden Files, Sandman Slim, Alex Verus, Black Magic Outlaw, etc ... I think you will enjoy Nate Temple...... despite (or perhaps because of) a bit of narcissistic douchbaggery at times.
Giriniss
Jan 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Now, from this books it gets more interesting - the best part in this series are lots and lots of interesting, colourful characters, with their own agendas and lives, and in my opinion from this books the trend in new character creation and introduction begins in real earnest. This was the books that hooked me in to the rest of the series. (apart from characters this book is mediocre, plot weakishh too, so, no more than 3/5)
Megan
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. This book hits you right in the feels. I'm pretty sure this book ripped out my still-beating heart... but then somehow repaired it and put it back inside my body. I just... wow. Shayne Silvers is always pulling things into these books that I never see coming. A+ to you, man. Cheers. Everyone needs to read this book. Like yesterday.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Cunning Devil (Lost Falls Book 1)
  • The Threshold (Alastair Stone Chronicles, #3)
  • Straight Outta Tombstone
  • Snake Eyes (Demon Accords #11)
  • Blood Deal (Prof Croft, #2)
  • Baleful Betrayal (Overworld Chronicles #12)
  • Full Moon Howl (Montague & Strong Case Files #2)
  • The House of Chalice (Auronia #2)
  • Lost Soul (Harbinger P.I., #1)
  • Blood of Innocence (Sloane Skye, #2)
Let's cut to the chase. You read stuff. I write stuff. So, If you want to nab a few of my free Amazon Best Selling Urban Fantasy books to test the waters, go here: http://www.shaynesilvers.com

Now, let's talk about this specimen of a man named Shayne...

Shayne Silvers writes the "Nate Temple Supernatural Thriller Series" which features a foul-mouthed, flawed, young wizard with a chip on his shoulde

The Temple Chronicles (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Obsidian Son (The Temple Chronicles, #1)
  • Blood Debts (The Temple Chronicles, #2)
  • Silver Tongue (The Temple Chronicles, #4)
  • Beast Master (The Temple Chronicles, #5)
  • Tiny Gods (The Temple Chronicles, #6)
  • Daddy Duty (The Temple Chronicles, #6.5)
  • Wild Side (The Temple Chronicles, #7)
  • War Hammer (The Temple Chronicles, #8)
  • Nine Souls (The Temple Chronicles, #9)
  • Horseman (The Temple Chronicles, #10)
“It was a gift of mine. Annoying people to immeasurable levels of hatred.” 2 likes
“Nothing is written in stone.” “The Ten Commandments are. And I think we both know that neither of us would pull off an A on that grading scale.” 1 likes