Start by marking “The Aurora Circus” as Want to Read:
The Aurora Circus

The Aurora Circus

Follow your heart, and reach for the stars.

With all his friends’ dreams suddenly simultaneously coming true, Ember Quinn is forced to realize he may not be as content with his life as he once believed.

In a desperate attempt to fill the void in his heart, he answers a spectre’s vague plea for help, which leads him to the magical world of the Aurora Circus.

He definitely isn’
ebook, 2nd Edition
Published June 20th 2019 (first published March 7th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Aurora Circus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Aurora Circus

Start your review of The Aurora Circus
Josy
3.5 stars: 3 stars for the story and 0.5 stars for the beautiful cover.
Congrats to the author for a solid first book.

The most important thing that you will notice while reading this story is the excitement and love the author felt while writing this story. You can practically feel it flowing out of the pages and it's a gift to be part of this and share the author's joy.

This story about Ember and Pyro is set in a kind of other world with different kingdoms, some poor without electricity and
The Bookavid
honestly what kinda demon sacrifice does it take to get covers like that
Joyfully Jay
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: camille
A Joyfully Jay review.

5 stars

First, I loved these characters. We meet Ember at a point in his young life where he’s told himself that he’s got everything he wants: a house, a steady job, and his cat. But when his friends announce their future plans — getting married, traveling the world, becoming a model for a major agency — Ember suddenly realizes that his wants aren’t enough. The spectre’s visions show Ember possibilities for the future, but Ember is too shy and has been shot down too often
Calila
A lovely fairytale of a story about finding and being true to yourself. Ember is okay. He has a job, a family that loves him, a cat he loves. But he is dissatisfied, and knows something is missing. He finds out what when he bumps into performers in the middle of the city, but he doesn't know it until another meeting at the traveling circus. Pyro lights up his world. Ember joins the circus and he and Pyro slowly and sweetly fall in love. Ember grounds Pyro, he helps him open up and trust again. I ...more
Donna
Apr 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love-bytes, m-m, sweet-as
4.5 STARS

This book has been languishing in my “need to review” pile for a couple of months now. Which was rather unprofessional of me (sorry author), but I found myself with a bit of a problem. When I first read the blurb I thought this was going to be a contemporary book. Contemporary with a bit of magic thrown in maybe, but definitely set in a world I’d recognize. But it’s not. It’s fantasy more than anything else, a bloody brilliant fantasy to be sure, but fantasy and I happen to be long
Jenn (not Lily)
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ku
Beautiful! This story is so gentle and lovely. Ember has a normal life, but it's gray and dull. So he decides to run away and join the circus...yeah, there's more going on here, but I don't want to give anything away! A true romance and blooming of life -- excellent debut book!
Avylinn Winter
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I find it a bit difficult to review this novel since I on one hand loved it, but there were a couple of details that didn't sit entirely right with me. Hence the four-star rather than five-star rating.

The most important thing I will take with me from this novel is the wonderful joy flowing from the pages. It really was a fairytale, and as such, it worked incredibly well. The worldbuilding is fantastic, as other reviewers have pointed out. I do wish the author will revisit this world for another
Holly
Apr 16, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Butterfly Finale is a sweet and easy read, a nice way to spend a lazy day at home.

It was clearly written with a lot of love and joy and that shone through as the chapters went on. The premise and the world building were interesting and nicely put together.

A couple of minor niggles, the main characters came across younger then they're supposed to be and the dialogue felt a little bit forced, sometimes not hitting the mark. I also felt the action part of the story came and went a little too
Yaiza
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me gustó la ambientación fantástica-futurista y los personajes, especialmente las familiares, pero el romance empezó fuerte y luego se desinfló, al menos para mí. La trama da bandazos, pasamos de un chico que está cansado de su vida y decide darle un giro radical a una especie de misterio de fantasía y me gustó mucho más el principio.
°☆.。.:*・Arianna°☆.。.:*・
The beginning was kind of slow and boring. It got kind of interesting when the show went on and Ember got a nice surprise, (view spoiler) Although, right after it became slow again. The romance between Ember and Pyro made it a little intriguing, but I just could not get into the book. I also wasn't into the magical part of the book. Just wasn't my thing.
Anne Marie Heller Cox
Really a sweet 4.5!

Cool and careful world building! Very fresh, magic and tech in a world very different but with elements of the familiar. Very sweet love story, with lovable characters. I would enjoy more of this world, that's for sure!
Emmanuel
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like magic. I like well written stories. I like LGBT characters. This novel has them all.
Fluffy Pancakes
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Magical

God, this book literally lifted my spirits up. Like way UP. Magical, enchanting and the whole fantasy is just beautiful.
Mira
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Magical book that is simply a gorgeous story, fantastic characters and written well- adorable chemistry between the boys :)
Patrice Leonard
Jackfrost626
Mar 26, 2016
Danielle
Apr 16, 2016

• The Princess Trap (Dirty British Romance, #1)
  • The Long Goodbye
  • Rowing to Eden: Collected Stories
  • The Infinite Pieces of Us
  • Summer in Orcus
  • Between Frames (The City Between, #4)
  • How to Belong with a Billionaire (Arden St. Ives, #3)
  • As I Lay Dying
  • A Grief Observed
Viano Oniomoh is a passionate reader and writer, who was born and raised in Nigeria. She spends fifty percent of her time writing, forty percent reading, and the other ten listening to BTS. She may or may not use magic to get everything else in her life done. She also has no idea how to write about herself in the third person.

Find more about her at vianooniomoh.com

You can also connect with her on