Start by marking “Written with Regret (The Regret Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Written with Regret (The Regret Duet, #1)

Written with Regret

(The Regret Duet #1)

Every little girl dreams of the fairytale. The one where the white knight rushes in to save her from the clutches of evil. They fall in love, have babies, and live happily ever after.

By that definition, my life should have been a fairytale too.

When I was eight years old, Caven Hunt saved me from the worst kind of evil to walk the Earth. It didn’t matter that I was a ki
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 234 pages
Published May 23rd 2019 by Aly Martinez (first published May 19th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Written with Regret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Written with Regret

Start your review of Written with Regret (The Regret Duet, #1)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
4 Stars

Aly Martinez is one of my favorite authors and I will read anything she writes. Period. And, while this isn't going to be one of my top favorites from her, I definitely enjoyed it a lot.

This book is told via present/past flashbacks from the POV of both the H and the h. Although...now that I think about it, I think the majority (if not all) of the past flashbacks are from the heroine's POV...

description

But anywho.

Anyone who has followed me for a while knows that flashbacks are on my "things I hate" list,
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
This quote sums up this book perfectly!! ❝ Not everything was black and white. It was often in the gray areas where the hardest decisions were made. ❞
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW AND OTHERS: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS Image and video hosting by TinyPic
WRITTEN WITH REGRET: Is the first full length contemporary romance novel in Aly Martinez' 'Regret Duet.' In this we meet the hero (Caven) his daughter (Rosealee) and the heroine (Hadley)

An unputdownable riveting page-turner that kept me racing through the pages. Thi
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE ++++ STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

We were two people who had experienced the inside of Hell and lived to see the other side. Every once in a while, the flames would still devour me. The least I could do was try to extinguish hers.

”WRITTEN WITH REGRET”, the latest by Aly Martinez, is nothing short of absolute literary PERFECTION! This author never ceases to amaze me. Her stories are so unique and thoroughly enclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
”WRITTENAuthor}
We
Wendy
4,5

I have a confession to make... I have waited until the last moment to start reading this one. Reason being...a dreaded cliffhanger. I absolutely hate cliffhangers and normally I avoid them like the plague and wait until all the books are out to start reading. So...why did I sign up for this one ?? Well the answer is pretty simple... because Aly Martinez is one of my favorite authors and I knew I wanted ...no needed to read this book !

So here we are now and I have been left with the mother of all cliffhangers !!!

cliffhanger gif - Google zoeken

Thankfully this author seems to love her reaSo...
Nazanin
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars

Told in dual POV, 1st person, it’s the first installment in the "Regret Duet" and ends with a huge cliffhanger, one of those that makes your jaw drops while you’re pulling out your hair to know more! I really didn’t see that coming, I mean I didn’t even guess that! It was well-written, reading this made me feel everything; It was an angsty read, I had some fun and smiled a bit, felt a bit heartbroken, and there were some lovely moments… The story captured my interest from the prolo
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"Not everything was black and white. It was often in the gray areas where the hardest decisions were made".

I think that I’ve seriously underestimated this author. Her words have definitely been something that I’ve always looked forward to reading but her storytelling is what captures you. As the seconds tick by, you quickly realize that you’re no longer in your world, but her characters world and let me tell you, you will do ANYTHING to stay there.

I’m going to be real right now and say that I had no inten
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whoa I didn't see that coming... 😲😲😲 WTF just happened? 🙄🙄🙄

OMG that's why I LOVE Ms.Martinez. She never disappoints and I'm already excited for the 2nd book...

*ARC kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review. ❤❤❤

AUTHOR BIO:
Originally from Savannah, Georgia, USA Today bestselling author Aly Martinez now lives in South Carolina with her four young children.
Never one to take herself too seriously, she enjoys cheap wine, mystery leggingsbook...
Wil Loves Books!

A few things are absolutely true. First, Aly Martinez is the undisputed queen of the DUET. The woman can write a duet like no other. Second, I live for her books. Freaking LIVE for them. And third, this book was awesome. I was hooked from beginning to end!

You know you're reading a great book when
Lyn
Audio- 5 stars
Story- 3.75 stars

I didn't see that twist coming. 😱 I'll admit, I really don't like it, but on to book 2.
EmBibliophile
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

That was a hell of a twist...

I’m so glad I waited till the second book was released. I’m not sure how I would’ve survived after that cliffhanger. That massive plot twist was absolutely brilliant!

We were two people who had experienced the inside of Hell and lived to see the other side. Every once in a while,brilliant!
Wemade"

Thatclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
"Not
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
An emotionally gripping powerhouse of a story that's full of twists and turns the likes of which only Aly Martinez can deliver!

Full review to come

ARC courtesy of author in exchange for an honest review

Find me on:
Follow me on facebook Follow Me on Twitter blog
My Pink Fairytales
I’m not in the right state of mind these days to write my reviews, but this is something YOU MUST READ NOW and review it properly. Issy, Melanie, Leila, I’m counting on you, ladies!
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!!!

OMFG! What in the actual fuck. THAT ENDING.

I.
AM.
DECEASED!!!!!!!!!!

My heart is still pounding. I can't wrap my head around it. I want to scream and cry, but I think I'm too shocked to even do that. LMAO! I DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING. At all. I mean, I knew something was coming, it was all to feel-goodish, but whoa!

Aly Martinez is seriously the QUEEN OF CLIFFS! She leaves you gasping for breath, dying for the next book, and stunned at the places her stories go. She writes with passion and power
Corina
Second Chances
Single Parent
Emotional
Fabulous Writing

Written Regret had it all.

The writing was fantastic, dialogues and especially all the interactions between Caven and  his little girl were PRECIOUS!!! Swoon alert!!! Your ovaries will explode - and I rarely talk about my ovaries - so pay attention.

I'm a sucker for the single parent the trope. All the hurdles and misadventures that come with having to learn to take care of a child without pri
Nana
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Written With Regret had a very good beginning and I literally couldn't read fast enough to find out what was going on.and there was no stopping--I had to keep reading.

Aly has this amazing ability to grab you and pull you in.The emotions and turmoil made this such a dang good story and then there was the ending. OMG..
The Book Bee
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
REVIEW: 4+ STARS
"She kissed me like she was drowning in us."

I don't hide any truths that Aly Martinez is one of my favorite authors. She sits in my Top 5 because I know she will always give me a story that I cannot find anywhere else. It's never the same yet there is always an underlying emotional current that causes my emotions to ramp up. I may want to hate it, but I just can't look away from it at the same time. She can definitely test my patience while telling a magnanimous story because
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This story sucked me right in and left me reeling. I was entranced and when I got to the end I’d been so engrossed that blinked into awareness.

Caven is a great hero, imperfections and all. I love how he took to being a father. Our heroine has made her share of mistakes but is trying to do best by the baby. Despite their conflict, these two have a great connection. Their pasts aren’t a fairy tale but they don’t let it define their future.

The book is very well crafted both with the romantic
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
The mother in me is asking how could she have left her baby girl on the hero’s doorstep? And doesn’t return until 4 years later?
Eliza
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, may-2019

★4 STARS★

Written with Regret is the introduction into what has already proved to be an emotionally gripping story. It centres around an event that bonded Caven Hunt and Hadley Banks in an irrevocable way.

Craven harbours nothing but anger and resentment for Hadley. Her stealing from him is one thing, but abandoning their daughter is quite another. Although a shock at the time, becoming a father was the making of him. He lives for his daughter and would lay down his life before he would let any harm become her.

Hadley’s surprising r
Melanie (mells_view)
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Aghhhhhhhhh. I’ve been waiting a book like this!

Ok so I saw that ending coming from 800 miles away, but I STILL loved this story. Although I thought the circumstances may be a little different, but ANYWAY. This book is good. A mother leaves her child on the ONS fathers doorstep. Mother comes back four years later, and the dad is NOT having it. LET THE ANGST BEGIN.

I loved Hadley and I think the author did an amazing job of writing her. You know that something isn’t all right with
Sanaa
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2019
4.5-4.75 stars.

This is what, I think my 14th book by Aly Martinez and she never fails to surprise me. Written with Regret blew my mind. Seriously though, Caven and his daughter, Rosalee? Melted me heart into a puddle. Cutest thing I have ever seen.

AND I WAS NOT PREPARED FOR ALL THOSE EMOTIONS.

I read this literally in one sitting and finished at 3am yelling at my kindle because I was done. Because Aly is evil and I can't believe she left us hanging like that.
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4-4.5 ⭐'s

“He’s a love expert, Daddy.”

I was just complaining in the last book I read about real life traumatic situations being incorporated into stories and how much it bothers me. So you can imagine how I felt when this book opens up with not one but two horrible situations!

The only reason I went on is that it's written by Aly Martinez and I'm so happy I did.

Caven and Hadley are thrown together by these horrible situations and they are both deeply affected. Four years after the last
NMmomof4
3 Stars

**Please take this review with a grain of salt. I didn't write my review right after I finished this read and I was also distracted while reading it. I apologize if I made any mistakes, and please pm me if I did so I can correct my review.**

Overall Opinion: This was alright. I fully admit that I was busy on a family vacation and was distracted where I couldn't give this my attention like usual -- so that could be that. But that being said, it didn't demand my attention either. I didn't feel l/>
Jemima jamir aka Sentranced Jem
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars, arc-2019

PSX_20190527_151643

Title: Written With Regret (Regret Duet #1)
Author: Aly Martinez
Genre: Romance

I've read my fair share of books written by Aly Martinez and somehow she always seems to blow my mind.
For me, she is one of the OG's, her books were ones that got me hooked into this genre and every time she releases a new book, I get pumped up because I know that it's going t be epic!

Written With Regret was such an AMAZING book! This is just book 1 of the duet and it has utterly blown my mind. This book is one that I've read this yer that has complet
Syndi
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oh for the love of mother cliffhanger! THAT is the cliffhanger?? No wonder many reviews here are swearing that cliffhanger. Yeah! Leave it to miss Martinez for the mother of all cliffhanger.

This book is perfection! Including the cliffhanger. It start with angst. I thought the story will be max of angst. But then it change to fun, smart mouth banter. Sexy banter. Oh i love love love Cavin and Hadley. They both are match in heaven. And rosalie is just perfection.

Guys, buy this book in package. I
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
I do NOT like cliffies. NOT at all. Esp when book 2 is not handy. I might forget all about this book before book 2 rolls around. Or lose interest or something.

Like I was reading and enjoying this other book months ago about an older woman and younger man and had to wait for book 2, and by the time it came around, I just wasn't interested enuf to continue. Never finished it. Likely never will.

This is how this duet might end up for me. Which is why I can't give it more than
Miriam
5 stars audio
3.5 stars story. Nice twist!!!! Wow! But I was having a hard time dealing with Caven's treatment and suspicion of Hadley.
Akanksha
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars. ***spoilers ***

I would start by saying that, it was an absolutely refreshing book based on the blurb provided by the author I was under the impression that it was going to be a dark romance. But, No it wasn’t quite like that. It would be an understatement to say that Aly Martinez didn’t own the story from the beginning. There are also somethings I didn't like.( we will get to that)

It was a gripping story that left me asking for more. It Started as light hearted
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: May 23, 2019
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Actual Rating: 4 stars

Let me start out by saying that I am SO glad I waited until this duet was complete before reading it. I don't think I would have kept my sanity with that twist if I had to wait! Now I can calmly (kind of) go into the next one! Phew. Written with Regret is my first Aly Martinez book. I know this is shocking as many readers absolutely love her work and so many have recommended her previous books./>/>
Nikki ღ Navareus
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Nikki ღ Navareus by: Human

Well, HOLY HELL!!! I did not see that coming. AT ALL.

This was a total "WTF?!!!!" cliffy. So happy book two is already out and I don't have to wait to start it! On to Written with You.

• Jersey Six
  • First and Forever (Heartache Duet, #2)
  • Heartache and Hope (Heartache Duet, #1)
  • Savaged
  • On the Rocks (Becker Brothers, #1)
  • A Five-Minute Life
  • The Guy on the Right
  • Broken Knight (All Saints High, #2)
  • Teardrop Shot
  • Eleanor & Grey
  • Choosing You (Pierced Hearts Duet, #2)
  • Where the Blame Lies
  • Method
  • Filthy Vows (Filthy Vows, #1)
  • Park Avenue Player
  • The Day He Came Back
  • All Grown Up
  • Stay
Born and raised in Savannah, Georgia, Aly Martinez is a stay-at-home mom to four crazy kids under the age of five- including a set of twins. Currently living in South Carolina, she passes what little free time she has reading anything and everything she can get her hands on, preferably with a glass of wine at her side.

The Regret Duet (2 books)
  • Written with You (The Regret Duet, #2)
“Not everything was black and white. It was often in the gray areas where the hardest decisions are made.” 4 likes
“Because life isn’t lived as a whole. You aren’t given a hundred years all at once. Time is doled out one very manageable second at a time. Stop looking at the big picture and find happiness in the seconds.” 3 likes