Start by marking “Written with Regret (The Regret Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Written with Regret (The Regret Duet, #1)

Written with Regret

(The Regret Duet #1)

Every little girl dreams of the fairytale. The one where the white knight rushes in to save her from the clutches of evil. They fall in love, have babies, and live happily ever after.

By that definition, my life should have been a fairytale too.

When I was eight years old, Caven Hunt saved me from the worst kind of evil to walk the Earth. It didn’t matter that I was a kid.
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 234 pages
Published May 23rd 2019 by Aly Martinez (first published May 19th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Written with Regret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Written with Regret

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
4 Stars

Aly Martinez is one of my favorite authors and I will read anything she writes. Period. And, while this isn't going to be one of my top favorites from her, I definitely enjoyed it a lot.

This book is told via present/past flashbacks from the POV of both the H and the h. Although...now that I think about it, I think the majority (if not all) of the past flashbacks are from the heroine's POV...

description

But anywho.

Anyone who has followed me for a while knows that flashbacks are on my "things I hate
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
This quote sums up this book perfectly!! ❝ Not everything was black and white. It was often in the gray areas where the hardest decisions were made. ❞
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW AND OTHERS: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS Image and video hosting by TinyPic
WRITTEN WITH REGRET: Is the first full length contemporary romance novel in Aly Martinez' 'Regret Duet.' In this we meet the hero (Caven) his daughter (Rosealee) and the heroine (Hadley)

An unputdownable riveting page-turner that kept me racing through the
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE ++++ STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

We were two people who had experienced the inside of Hell and lived to see the other side. Every once in a while, the flames would still devour me. The least I could do was try to extinguish hers.

”WRITTEN WITH REGRET”, the latest by Aly Martinez, is nothing short of absolute literary PERFECTION! This author never ceases to amaze me. Her stories are so unique and thoroughly entertaining. I thought I knew where the plot was headed, and th
Wendy
4,5

I have a confession to make... I have waited until the last moment to start reading this one. Reason being...a dreaded cliffhanger. I absolutely hate cliffhangers and normally I avoid them like the plague and wait until all the books are out to start reading. So...why did I sign up for this one ?? Well the answer is pretty simple... because Aly Martinez is one of my favorite authors and I knew I wanted ...no needed to read this book !

So here we are now and I have been left with the mother of all
Nazanin
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars

Told in dual POV, 1st person, it’s the first installment in the "Regret Duet" and ends with a huge cliffhanger, one of those that makes your jaw drops while you’re pulling out your hair to know more! I really didn’t see that coming, I mean I didn’t even guess that! It was well-written, reading this made me feel everything; It was an angsty read, I had some fun and smiled a bit, felt a bit heartbroken, and there were some lovely moments… The story captured my interest from the prologue.
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"Not everything was black and white. It was often in the gray areas where the hardest decisions were made".

I think that I’ve seriously underestimated this author. Her words have definitely been something that I’ve always looked forward to reading but her storytelling is what captures you. As the seconds tick by, you quickly realize that you’re no longer in your world, but her characters world and let me tell you, you will do ANYTHING to stay there.

I’m going to be real right now and say that
Wil Loves Books!

A few things are absolutely true. First, Aly Martinez is the undisputed queen of the DUET. The woman can write a duet like no other. Second, I live for her books. Freaking LIVE for them. And third, this book was awesome. I was hooked from beginning to end!

You know you're reading a great book when
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whoa I didn't see that coming... 😲😲😲 WTF just happened? 🙄🙄🙄

OMG that's why I LOVE Ms.Martinez. She never disappoints and I'm already excited for the 2nd book...

*ARC kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review. ❤❤❤

AUTHOR BIO:
Originally from Savannah, Georgia, USA Today bestselling author Aly Martinez now lives in South Carolina with her four young children.
Never one to take herself too seriously, she enjoys cheap wine, mystery leggings, and baked feta. It should be known, however
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
An emotionally gripping powerhouse of a story that's full of twists and turns the likes of which only Aly Martinez can deliver!

Full review to come

ARC courtesy of author in exchange for an honest review

Find me on:
Follow me on facebook Follow Me on Twitter blog
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Second Chances
Single Parent
Emotional
Fabulous Writing

Written Regret had it all.

The writing was fantastic, dialogues and especially all the interactions between Caven and  his little girl were PRECIOUS!!! Swoon alert!!! Your ovaries will explode - and I rarely talk about my ovaries - so pay attention.

I'm a sucker for the single parent the trope. All the hurdles and misadventures that come with having to learn to take care of a child without prior knowledge is like catnip for me. Especially if they
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!!!

OMFG! What in the actual fuck. THAT ENDING.

I.
AM.
DECEASED!!!!!!!!!!

My heart is still pounding. I can't wrap my head around it. I want to scream and cry, but I think I'm too shocked to even do that. LMAO! I DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING. At all. I mean, I knew something was coming, it was all to feel-goodish, but whoa!

Aly Martinez is seriously the QUEEN OF CLIFFS! She leaves you gasping for breath, dying for the next book, and stunned at the places her stories go. She writes with passion an
XxTainaxX
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This story sucked me right in and left me reeling. I was entranced and when I got to the end I’d been so engrossed that blinked into awareness.

Caven is a great hero, imperfections and all. I love how he took to being a father. Our heroine has made her share of mistakes but is trying to do best by the baby. Despite their conflict, these two have a great connection. Their pasts aren’t a fairy tale but they don’t let it define their future.

The book is very well crafted both with the romantic
The Book Bee
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
REVIEW: 4+ STARS
"She kissed me like she was drowning in us."

I don't hide any truths that Aly Martinez is one of my favorite authors. She sits in my Top 5 because I know she will always give me a story that I cannot find anywhere else. It's never the same yet there is always an underlying emotional current that causes my emotions to ramp up. I may want to hate it, but I just can't look away from it at the same time. She can definitely test my patience while telling a magnanimous story because t
Eliza
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: may-2019, arc

★4 STARS★

Written with Regret is the introduction into what has already proved to be an emotionally gripping story. It centres around an event that bonded Caven Hunt and Hadley Banks in an irrevocable way.

Craven harbours nothing but anger and resentment for Hadley. Her stealing from him is one thing, but abandoning their daughter is quite another. Although a shock at the time, becoming a father was the making of him. He lives for his daughter and would lay down his life before he would let any ha
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
The mother in me is asking how could she have left her baby girl on the hero’s doorstep? And doesn’t return until 4 years later?
Sanaa Z.
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, arc
4.5-4.75 stars.

This is what, I think my 14th book by Aly Martinez and she never fails to surprise me. Written with Regret blew my mind. Seriously though, Caven and his daughter, Rosalee? Melted me heart into a puddle. Cutest thing I have ever seen.

AND I WAS NOT PREPARED FOR ALL THOSE EMOTIONS.

I read this literally in one sitting and finished at 3am yelling at my kindle because I was done. Because Aly is evil and I can't believe she left us hanging like that.

I NEED THE NEXT BOOK. Like 5 minut
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4-4.5 ⭐'s

“He’s a love expert, Daddy.”

I was just complaining in the last book I read about real life traumatic situations being incorporated into stories and how much it bothers me. So you can imagine how I felt when this book opens up with not one but two horrible situations!

The only reason I went on is that it's written by Aly Martinez and I'm so happy I did.

Caven and Hadley are thrown together by these horrible situations and they are both deeply affected. Four years after the last one, Hadl
Melanie (mells_view)
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Aghhhhhhhhh. I’ve been waiting a book like this!

Ok so I saw that ending coming from 800 miles away, but I STILL loved this story. Although I thought the circumstances may be a little different, but ANYWAY. This book is good. A mother leaves her child on the ONS fathers doorstep. Mother comes back four years later, and the dad is NOT having it. LET THE ANGST BEGIN.

I loved Hadley and I think the author did an amazing job of writing her. You know that something isn’t all right with her, but she’s s
AJ
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 stars and ALL THE FEELS!

Oh my God, Aly Martinez! What an absolutely stunning read! Emotionally intense from beginning to end, this book completely captivated me and I could not put it down! An emotional and enthralling read that is dramatic, sweet, funny, heartbreaking, sexy and romantic, this book had me feeling everything and I loved every freaking moment of it!

Caven Hunt is on top of the world having just sold his tech business for hundreds of millions of dollars. He is the ultimate playboy
Akanksha
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars. ***spoilers ***

I would start by saying that, it was an absolutely refreshing book based on the blurb provided by the author I was under the impression that it was going to be a dark romance. But, No it wasn’t quite like that. It would be an understatement to say that Aly Martinez didn’t own the story from the beginning. There are also somethings I didn't like.( we will get to that)

It was a gripping story that left me asking for more. It Started as light hearted Romance novel.

Where we
RentasticReads
I’m… wow. I’m completely at a loss for words. That. Twist. That. Ending! I mean, what in the world just happened? My heart’s seriously still galloping wildly like it’s about to race out of my chest, my jaw’s probably permanently stuck on the floor right now, and my poor brain is just in overdrive.

“Life isn’t lived as a whole. We aren’t given a hundred years all at once. Time is doled out one very manageable second at a time. If all you focus on is the big picture and worry about tomorrow, you
Jemima
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars, arc-2019

PSX_20190527_151643

Title: Written With Regret (Regret Duet #1)
Author: Aly Martinez
Genre: Romance

I've read my fair share of books written by Aly Martinez and somehow she always seems to blow my mind.
For me, she is one of the OG's, her books were ones that got me hooked into this genre and every time she releases a new book, I get pumped up because I know that it's going t be epic!

Written With Regret was such an AMAZING book! This is just book 1 of the duet and it has utterly blown my mind. This book is one that
Erin Lewis
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Star Review Written With Regret (Regret Duet #1) by Aly Martinez

Aly Martinez is a new author to me and I have absolutely no idea why that is Written with Regret was amazing.

From the first chapter Ms.Martinez had me hook , line and sinker. I was riveted and could not put it down. So much so that I read through the night just so I could finish it.

Reeling from a tragic past both Caven Hunt and Hadley Banks have been through hell and have some how manage to survive. The little girl Rosie brings
Betül
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

description

"We were both ruined a long time ago, Caven. Maybe it's time for us to clear the wreckage and rebuild. Starting with her."

Written with Regret is the 13th book I've read by Aly Martinez, and I love that she continues to surprise me with stories that haven't been told yet. I can always depend on her to come up with books that will be suspenseful, emotional and full of twists. I haven't been disappointed yet, and I really hope I won't be because Aly
Tracy  C
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy Moly!!! Aly Martinez is a freaking amazing writer!!! I did not see that ending coming. AT ALL. This story is a tapestry of love, hate, pain, regret and angst woven so brilliantly around an adorable 4 year old. I felt Hadley and Caven's mixed emotions so deeply. I empathized with each of the actions that got them where they were. I can't get this fantastic story out of my head and I have no clue how I will make until the second part of this duet is out.
Joy
Now she's just showing off! LOL Aly Martinez takes my breath away. I kinda feel like she has someone in her life that says I wish someone would write a story about "this" and Aly is like, "here, hold my wine." Honestly there is nothing I could say in this review that I haven't said before in a review for an Aly Martinez book. It's smart, original and unputdownable. You never know what to expect and you always get an amazing story with characters you love to love. From the very beginning I was al ...more
Katerina
May 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Courtney
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
"Life isn't live as a whole."

Aly "Queen of Cliffy's" Martinez is back at it again!!! OMG - I need book two now!!!

Aly quickly became a fave author of mine after I read The Darkest Sunrise duet. She is extremely talented in not only writing strong characters but stories that will captivate you from start to finish. And she always knows when to throw in the greatest twist that you never see coming.

"There's a reason time only marches in one direction. You can choose any second to start over ag
Carlene Inspired
Find this review and others at Carlene Inspired.

4.5 Stars

Knights, princesses, happily ever after, it's the stuff little girl's dreams are made of, the stuff Hadley wishes she could still dream about. While she has to work for her happiness, she's found the light at the end of the tunnel after a long road of mishaps, a little girl she wants to promise the happily ever afters to. Caven was her knight at on point, now he might be the villain, but their connection is one that will always be there an
Carmen Rae
Written with Regret landed on my kindle the other day and I just knew that it was going to end on a cliffhanger and make me crazy while I waited for the conclusion. But it was an Aly Martinez duet so I drove myself slightly crazy holding off to read it and put myself in a book slump. Then I made the mistake of looking to see what people who had read it were saying about the brutality of the cliffhanger.

Massive mistake as I saw a semi spoiler and spent the whole book waiting to see if my suspicio
Born and raised in Savannah, Georgia, Aly Martinez is a stay-at-home mom to four crazy kids under the age of five- including a set of twins. Currently living in South Carolina, she passes what little free time she has reading anything and everything she can get her hands on, preferably with a glass of wine at her side.

The Regret Duet (2 books)
  • Written with You (The Regret Duet, #2)
“I could only imagine how red my face was because it felt like my cheeks had caught fire. “Oh my God. I’m so sorry. I’ll buy you a new shirt. I swear. Just tell me how much it cost and I’ll cut you a check.” I paused my hysteria long enough to realize that no one had checks anymore, much less ones they “cut” like an old-school bookie. “That was a lie. I don’t have a check. Do you by chance have Paypal?” 0 likes
“The first time she’d babbled dada, I’d known I was in trouble.
The first time she’d called me daddy, I’d nearly hit my knees.
And the first time she’d said “I love you, Daddy,” I’d frozen, my chest so tight that I thought there was a solid chance I was having a heart attack. Once I’d felt comfortable that I didn’t need to call an ambulance, I’d immediately gone to the bathroom, gotten in the shower, and fought back manly fucking tears in private.
Well, until she had come looking for me, thrown the shower curtain back, and asked why she didn’t have a penis.”
0 likes