Start by marking “A Biblical Theology of Youth Ministry: Teenagers in The Life of The Church” as Want to Read:
A Biblical Theology of Youth Ministry: Teenagers in The Life of The Church

A Biblical Theology of Youth Ministry: Teenagers in The Life of The Church

Published May 30th 2019 by Randall House Publications

To ask other readers questions about A Biblical Theology of Youth Ministry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Biblical Theology of Youth Ministry

Start your review of A Biblical Theology of Youth Ministry: Teenagers in The Life of The Church
Blake Dozier
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: recommended
I would highly recommend this to other youth workers. It is truly a biblical theology of youth ministry and I found it to be challenging and practical. As a full-time youth worker, it convicted me to see many of the weaknesses in our ministry. It also encouraged me in some of the areas where I have been tempted to stray from a biblical model in pursuit of 'better' results.

I loved the powerful call to stay gospel-centered, the description of what this looks like, and the thinking behind the
Jan Bochat
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Solid exegetical analysis & clear biblical vision for youth ministry. Would like more practical tips of how to bring this vision to fruition but a useful read for any youth ministry & worth discussing with fellow leaders
Matthew McNutt
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dr. Michael McGarry’s new book, “A Biblical Theology of Youth Ministry,” is an important resource for the youth ministry community. He powerfully addresses the need for, and the importance of, youth ministry from a number of perspectives.

An experienced youth pastor, McGarry opens the book addressing one of the fundamental concerns many youth ministry veterans and experts have identified; the drop out rate from church is far too high when young people graduate from the youth ministry. We can’t
Tim  Franks
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
One of the best books I have seen out there that gives the background and history to how we have arrived currently where we are with student ministry. I agree with the vast majority of Michael's view on how student ministry should function in the local church today. Loved his breakout session at the Rooted Conference as well that had elements of this book in it! His push for equipping parents to be the spiritual leaders of their home is spot on.
Mike McGarry
Charles
Dec 05, 2019
Adam Palesch
Dec 27, 2019

• Faith for Exiles: Five Ways to Help Young Christians Be Resilient, Follow Jesus, and Live Differently in Digital Babylon
  • Jesus-Centered Youth Ministry
  • Meet Generation Z: Understanding and Reaching the New Post-Christian World
  • Disruptive Witness
  • On the Road with Saint Augustine: A Real-World Spirituality for Restless Hearts
  • Growing Young: Six Essential Strategies to Help Young People Discover and Love Your Church
  • Gen Z: The Culture, Beliefs and Motivations Shaping the Next Generation
  • Sticky Faith, Youth Worker Edition: Practical Ideas to Nurture Long-Term Faith in Teenagers
  • Renegotiating Faith: The Delay in Young Adult Identity Formation and What It Means for the Church in Canada
  • Sustainable Children's Ministry: From Last-Minute Scrambling to Long-Term Solutions
  • The Art of Forming Young Disciples: Why Youth Ministries Aren't Working and What to Do About It
  • Sustainable Youth Ministry: Why Most Youth Ministry Doesn't Last and What Your Church Can Do about It
  • Your First Two Years in Youth Ministry: A Personal and Practical Guide to Starting Right
  • Everything Must Change
  • How to Lead and Still Have a Life: The 8 Principles of Less Is More Leadership
  • The Freedom of Self-Forgetfulness