Start by marking “Dead End (Clown Conspiracy Book 1): A Short Thriller” as Want to Read:
Dead End (Clown Conspiracy Book 1): A Short Thriller

Dead End (Clown Conspiracy Book 1): A Short Thriller

A rainy Colorado town.
A body—slashed, bleeding in a cornfield.
A Halloween haunted house with thousands of unsuspecting visitors a night.
And a creepy clown who isn’t on the employee register.

Detectives Carter and Shirley are sent to investigate the gruesome homicide, but at Dead End, the props are more than plastic. The detectives go in after the clown, will they both
Published May 21st 2019 by Mallory Kelly

To ask other readers questions about Dead End (Clown Conspiracy Book 1), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead End (Clown Conspiracy Book 1)

Start your review of Dead End (Clown Conspiracy Book 1): A Short Thriller
Joshua Lee Ronin
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
As soon as I started reading, I knew I was in very capable hands. Mallory writes with a precision and clarity that just makes you proud at time well-spent. She pulled me right in and led me through a spooky, hair-raising murder mystery without tripping me up on overly colorful prose or unnecessary exposition. But don't let the economy of her wordsmithing fool you for a second. She had me invested in the characters -- whip-quick, charming, and obviously complex people all hiding more than they ...more
Cass Kim
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Things I loved:
-Well edited - we all know that goes a long way in an Indie book! This short story (novellette length) reads smoothly, with no distracting type-os or overly wordy sentences.
-Spooky! The cover, concept, and title promise a spooky thriller, and it delivers.
-I want to know more about the characters. We get a glimpse at who they are how their pasts shape their detective work - but I'd like to learn more about them - in a good way.
-Fast read- been in a reading rut? Feel like you're
Nicole Scarano
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really Well Written

Wow this was good! The author’s writing style is so descriptive. I highly recommend and can’t wait for the next book in this series.
Stacey Carroll
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The first thing to note about Dead End is that it is an easy book to read. It flows smoothly and contains easy to read language, so there's no need for a thesaurus. The book opens quickly, starting off with dialogue between two security guards at an old haunted house that happens to be on the edge of a muddy cornfield. While a dialogue opening for a book is not typically recommended, it works for this short story.

Solving the crime and stopping the perpetrator falls to detectives Carter and
Aaron Wang
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A lot of fun in a short amount of time.

I picked this book up for free and really enjoyed it. The writing style is lively and evocative and the story is well-paced. It's a very quick and fun read and definitely worth investing the 1/2 hour of time to see if you want to continue with the rest of the series.

I'm not sure why there are all these one-star reviews - it's part of a series (the major clue being these words above the title "Clown Conspiracy Book 1"). The book itself closes it's part of
Heather
Nov 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror
Some suspense, but the female cop was too scared of everything. It might end up better as the story goes on.
Sea Caummisar
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm on the border about giving this book five stars. I almost 5 starred it. Usually for me to 5 star a book it's either really wow or creative or bloody and full of gore. This book wasn't full of gore, but it did have creepy clowns. It was actually more of a police looking for a killer type of book set in an haunted house. So yes, it's creative. I decided on 4 stars, because even though it almost wowed me, it was almost. I personally would've liked more gore, but I get it. Not everyone wants ...more
melanie adams
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Clowns

I am so sorry but I don't like my books chopped up in little sections! I'm a fast reader and I hate having to stop after having read just a few pages! The story is probably a good byline but it has to hold my attention, which this one does, however, there is just enough to this one to make me mad!
Chris Paulin
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
The main characters have that fun Scully and Mulder chemistry. There is good tension in the latter half of the story and the antagonists are well done. I'm glad I've never had a fear of clowns, because this book would've given me nightmares.
Lee Hall
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Chilling, immersive and full of tension. Everything you want from a crime thriller…

For a book that I read in just under an hour it sure packs one hell of a chilling punch. From the very beginning this story plays with the imagination while also delivering an ever so well written ride that will have readers turning the pages. The use of description by Mallory Kelly is atmospheric and suits the creepiness that comes with the cornerstones of horror to many, clowns and haunted houses.

There has been
May 29, 2019
jake brandt
Jun 16, 2019
Mallory Kelly
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Ronnie Ledbetter
Jun 01, 2019
Mary Thibodeaux
Jun 25, 2019

• Spine Break
  • Redemption Lake (A Winston Radhauser Mystery #1)
  • The Woman in the Car Trunk
  • Don't Murder Me
  • When The Stranger Came
  • Someone Else's Daughter (Miranda's Rights, #1)
  • Affinity's Window
  • All Eyes on Me (Miranda and Parker Mystery #1)
  • If She Knew (Kate Wise Mystery #1)
  • Friends and Foes (A Read Wine Bookstore Cozy Mystery Prequel)
  • Sleeping Dogs Don't Lie (Albertus Eagle Detective Beagle #0.5)
  • Critical Vulnerability: A Sasha McCandless Companion Novel (Aroostine Higgins #1)
  • The Back Door Man
  • The Dead Lands
  • Next Door (Chloe Fine Mystery #1)
  • Wish Upon a Shell (Lighthouse Point #1)
  • The Change: A Prequel To "Wilders"
  • Ninja: The Ultimate Guide To The Secret History Of The Ninja (Ninjutsu, Ninja)
Mallory is an indie author. We thrive on reviews, please leave one!