Start by marking “The Messianic Church Arising!: Restoring the Church to Our Covenant Roots” as Want to Read:
The Messianic Church Arising!: Restoring the Church to Our Covenant Roots

The Messianic Church Arising!: Restoring the Church to Our Covenant Roots

4.51  ·  Rating details ·  43 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
This book explains, in detail, how the feasts of the Jewish calendar are covenants with God, and how they belong to believers in Christ as well
Published January 1st 2006 by Glory Of Zion International Mi

To ask other readers questions about The Messianic Church Arising!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Messianic Church Arising!

Donna
Mar 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I've met the author. I've listened to him teach on this subject. I respect him. He sincerrely wants the Body of Jesus to know their roots, and to know what and why things have been missing from modern day denominations (especially in the USA). He explains why churches worship and traditionally behave as they do in this book. I learned a great deal about what happened to the early church after the apostle Paul died by reading this book. His historical research is qualitative and academic on purpo ...more
Tracy Krauss
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic

This book is one I will be coming back to again and again. What a great reference tool! I also LOVE the way the author explains everything so thoroughly, with ample research and supporting evidence, but in a way that is easily understood. It is Biblically sound and very practical.
Krzysiek Troszczyński
One of The Best I read and The Best on messianic perspective from non-jewish point of view.
Joseph
Jan 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: theology
Overall it is a very thought-provoking read that many Christians should read.

In a nutshell, Heidler argue that, with Constantine in the 4th century, the church departed from its Jewish roots. Over time, as it became more influenced by paganism and Greek thought, it turned from the collection of God's Spirit-led children to the joyless, often godless institutional "church" that people sadly assume represents the God of the Bible.

I should note that he does not argue that we are still under the law
Dave Wheeler
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Truly back to the future.

This book has been a refreshing reminder of what was and can be again actually looking back into what the future can really hold. As you read that sentence will make perfect sense. This is a book for Christians but all can learn from it, it points to our Jewish history or Hebrew to be truly correct. How has the beautiful bride of CHRIST been made to look so grotesque it's may be because we aren't looking at the true bride but that is for you to interpret and this book ha
Paul
Sep 08, 2008 rated it it was ok
He has some decent historical research in here. Overall, it's good to see more books coming out on the topic, granted this needed some more thought. My only comment is that the number of exclamation points throughout the book was REALLY annoying.
Dovofthegalilee
Jul 28, 2011 rated it did not like it
A book should present a new idea not a compilation of what has already been said over and over again especially on such a narrow topic. This was a clear example of a man who likes to hear himself 'talk' and sadly his theology needs a refresher.
Rachel
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great Book
Jul 31, 2009 rated it really liked it
Great book for those interested in the times we are living in right now and the part Israel and Messianic churches have in the grand scheme of things. I thoroughly enjoyed every page of this book!
Ryan
Apr 29, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
“Biblical love is not an emotion, it is a commitment.  Ern Baxter once said we would understand the New Testament better if we went through and crossed out the word “love” and replaced it with LOYALTY.” 0 likes