Start by marking “BTS, Art Revoluton” as Want to Read:
BTS, Art Revoluton

BTS, Art Revoluton

Recently, a seven-member boy band from Korea called BTS has captivated the globe, forming the most massive and powerful fandom in history. The BTS phenomenon reaches far beyond the typical achievements of pop stars: as Jiyoung Lee illustrates, the changes that have been shown by BTS and their fandom ARMY are not confined to the music industry, but symptomatically shows sig ...more
Published May 1st 2019 by parrhesia

To ask other readers questions about BTS, Art Revoluton, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about BTS, Art Revoluton

Start your review of BTS, Art Revoluton
Fuzzy
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book truly surprised me as I thought it is a light reading book, like any other book that I have found. Why I have such a thought? Perhaps, it is because I literally thought the book is going to explain about Behind The Success and that is it. Pardon of my ignorance, this book offers more than that surprisingly!

The book offers you in depth discussion about their socio-critical lyrics, Behind The Story of MV and additional videos (e,g, concert DVD, online installation videos), and analysis o
Aileen Gutierrez
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
The most interesting part about BTS Art Revolution was how the book started out with the most obvious place to for a material written about a musical act begins - lyrics and music videos. From there it progresses into a discussion of social frameworks and artform and elevates discussion to the levels of principles and platforms. It then closes it with the introduction of frameworks that apply itself to the concept surrounding BTS.

This is a classic depiction of the journey of an ARMY. It starts f
Angela Pulvirenti
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You may have heard of BTS, a seven members boy group from South Korea, that is taking over the world.
“BTS, Art Revolution: BTS meets Deleuze” is the only existing english-written book which analyzes BTS’ artistic production from an academic point of view, giving it value and meaning.
Not surprisingly, it is also the only book that, although not sold by BTS’ company, was publicized by Bighit with a tweet in the official account.

The author, Dr. Jiyoung Lee, aims to analyze the so-called "BTS phen
Haira
Apr 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020
Sometimes, we need time to understand art in its revolutionary forms.

I decide to skip the appendix of this book because I am not in a state of mind to complete and digest the heavy content.

I may return - who knows?
Huaaa97
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I believe the book is a good read for students in the field of media and Hallyu studies as it touches on the current BTS phenomenan. The book does not confined with those field and it offer rooms for other readers to read and gain knowledge in the Kpop world. The appendix itself could spark the interest of the reader in the subject of discusssion and it is worth a read for everyone who enjoy music and cinematography of BTS.
Grace
Feb 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Fascinating look at Deleuze’s film-philosophy connecting to the “network-image” multimedia reality of today and coming-into-being future. Establishing BTS’s phenomenon as cultural seismograph, 이지영 (Lee Ji-Young) explores the social, artistic, and political changes we are rapidly experiencing in the advent of the internet and social media. Interesting observation on the present and future of art and art form - particularly of images - in our radically shifting and evolving Digital Age landscape.
Andreia Fernandes
Dec 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Perhaps its a 3.5 read. The first Chapter is really insightful and good! I devoured it! Truly great! But the second Chapter about the importance of technology and the connection between the music videos was a little off for me. It was worth my time but the second part could have been better executed in my opinion.
Aleksandr Khasanov
Yessenia Herrera
Dec 25, 2020

• BTS: The Review
  • Save Me (webtoon)
  • 花樣年華 HYYH The Notes 1 (The Most Beautiful Moment in Life, #1)
  • BTS and ARMY Culture
  • BTS and ARMY Culture
  • I Am ARMY: It's Time to Begin
  • Almond
  • Idol Limerence: The Art of Loving BTS as Phenomena
  • My Ántonia (Great Plains Trilogy, #3)
  • BTS: Who are they
  • BTS Webtoon Book (HIPHOP MONSTER)