Start by marking “His & Hers” as Want to Read:
His & Hers

His & Hers

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  12,325 ratings  ·  3,009 reviews
There are two sides to every story: yours and mine, ours and theirs, His & Hers. Which means someone is always lying.

Anna Andrews finally has what she wants. Almost. She’s worked hard to become the main TV presenter of the BBC’s lunchtime news, putting work before friends, family, and her now ex-husband. So, when someone threatens to take her dream job away, she’ll do almo
Published July 28th 2020 by Flatiron Books

To ask other readers questions about His & Hers, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Jill Hanson carrell
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Glenna Kelly
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  12,325 ratings  ·  3,009 reviews

Start your review of His & Hers
Dita
I am so bored that I am actually jealous of Rachel for getting killed.

DNF at 39%.
Nilufer Ozmekik
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There are three sides of stories: His, hers and truth! A TV presenter of BBC ‘s lunchtime news and a chief police officer/let’s rephrase as “DCI” find themselves tangled with brutal murders of women who shared a common past, graduated from same high school, living their different lives in Blackwood. A friendship bracelet positioned with their corpses.

What are the connections of these two persons with the victims?

DCI Jack Harper was with the first victim at the night of her murder, having sex
Dorie  - Cats&Books :)
***NOW AVAILABLE IN PAPERBACK***
This a mind blowing psychological thriller in every sense of the word!! If you are looking for a book that will keep you guessing at the “killer” until the very end, this is the one for you. I was convinced I knew what was going on until the very end, and I was very wrong!! The ending was great and tied up the novel brilliantly!

The first POV is that of Anna Andrews, a news journalist that has finally been working in her dream job. She is anchoring a noon hour bro
Chelsea Humphrey
This is going to be a super short review, because you need to just go into this one blind and let it take you on a wild ride. If you, like me, really disliked the author's previous novel, please know that this one is MUCH more on par with her first book. If you enjoy audiobooks, I cannot recommend that format for this book highly enough! The narrators are fantastic, including a mysterious third voice that becomes revealed toward the end. Content warnings for sexual assault and grooming, but over ...more
daph pink  君は
3.75✡
I have a rather weird way of rating mystery books . If by the end of revelation I say " WTF! JUST HAPPENED", it's a 5 star for me .
After I completed this book last night I was shook for like 15 mins and I decided to rate it 5 stars but upon closure inspection I realized that there are some problem with this book!

Why this is a good read?

• The main theme that there are three sides of a story mine , yours and the truth.
• The whole setting and creepiness of small town blackwood.
• Sacrifices o
Susanne  Strong
Jul 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
CRA-Z-Y!!!

First, can I just say that the voice of the unknown male narrator CREEPED me the F - OUT!?

Alright folks, so let’s get to it:

What a Wild Ride “His & Hers” is! A Pulse Pounding, Character Driven, Psychological Thriller sure to make you double check that you’ve locked your doors and windows, tight tight tight!

The Scoop:

His: Jack Harper: DCI, assigned to investigate a murder in Blackdown.

Her: Anna Andrews: News Correspondent, assigned to investigate and report the murder.

Blackdown: A
Ceecee
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alice Feeney does it again! She draws you into the story with a superb start and then takes you on a jaw dropping journey until the end. In fact, I think my jaw fell open so many times it’s fixed in the gaping mouth position! I might have uttered the odd expletive as another shocker clobbers you! The story as the title implies is told from two perspectives. ‘His’ is DCI Jack Harper, head of MCT in Blackdown, Surrey a quintessential, sleepy and beautiful English town in the stockbroker belt. He’s ...more
marilyn
Jul 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first audio book from NetGalley Shelf. Twenty years ago I listened to an audio book, in my truck, and then listened to the nonfiction, How Not to Diet, recently so I'm a very novice audiobook listener. I had some difficulty with the app because it didn't start with the first chapter and then skipped chapters. I tried to go back and listen to anything I missed but the glitch made for a choppy listening experience. For this reason, I would have very much preferred reading the book but t ...more
Arini
Jun 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book takes the phrase ‘knock me over with a feather’ to a whole nother level cause . . .

I AM SHOOKETH!!!

I have never been played by an unreliable narrator quite like the way His & Hers did me. I must say I’m impressed—even though I also feel like I need to suspend my disbelief. Everything makes perfect sense in the end, but . . .

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE??

Newsreader Anna Andrews is tasked to cover a murder case that her ex husband, DCI Jack Harper, is investigating in Blackdown village, the plac
megs_bookrack
Apr 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-read
Of course I've heard a lot of positive buzz for Alice Feeney.

Having now completed my first novel by her, His & Hers, I can definitely see what all the fuss is about.

This gripping-Adult Thriller follows three perspectives: his, hers and a mystery individual, that could be him, it could be her, or it could be someone else entirely.

Intrigued yet?

The her of this equation is BBC-television reporter, Anna Andrews.

Anna is quite an interesting character. I loved reading from her perspective.

She's far
Holly  B (semi-hiatus until Jan)
2.5 STARS

I'm not sure I read the same book that so many others loved. I enjoyed her debut novel, but felt this one had too many coincidences in the plot.

I loved the way the author told the story with the his/her narrative, although at times it confused me (the ending twist). The back and forth kept me guessing and putting pieces together. I just never became invested in the characters, who were all very unlikable and even despicable in my opinion.

I would say it was pacy, but I didn't care for t
jessica
Sep 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
you know what they say - third times the charm! AFs first two books failed to impress me, but we finally have a winner!

i had a lot of fun with this one. i love that there is not only one, but two unreliable narrators. it makes for a very interesting story of ‘he said, she said.’ both were equally convincing, so i was left guessing right up until the very end. there are a lot of red herrings, mixed with subtle clues that i was so upset i didnt catch sooner.

the only reason i didnt give this 5 sta
Joey R.
Sep 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5.0 stars— I know this might not be a popular opinion, but after finishing “His & Hers” I would rate Alice Feeney as the best thriller writer out there today. I loved her first two novels and was excited to read her latest because whether you like her or not, Feeney is the Queen of Unexpected Twists. I see her books consistently score in the 3s on Goodreads which leaves me flabbergasted because her books are always so original and fun to read. “His and Hers” is my favorite Feeney book to date. I ...more
Gabby
I listened to this entire audiobook in two sittings. Usually when I listen to audiobooks I listen to them over a week long time of commuting to work, but this audiobook hooked me from the start and I listened to the whole thing within 24 hours. This is probably my favorite thriller from Alice Feeney so far, I'm super impressed with this one. The mystery is so great, we are following Anna and Jack and they have this mysterious past together, and she works in the news and he is a detective. There ...more
Liz
Jun 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paper-arc
“Sometimes I think I am the unreliable narrator of my own life.
Sometimes I think we all are.”
Isn’t that the truth? His and Hers is a murder mystery, but it’s also so much more. Anna had her dream job for two years, until the rug was pulled out from under her. So she accepts a news assignment back in her hometown, reporting on a murder.
Jack is the DI assigned to the case. Turns out, they have history. And both have history with the murder victims as well.
The chapters alternate between them. They
Farrah
Oct 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
⭐3.5 𝙏𝙝𝙖𝙩'𝙨 𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙎/𝙝𝙚 𝙎𝙖𝙞𝙙 𝙎𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙨⭐

I loved a lot of things about this book.
Especially the way a clue would be dropped in one chapter, then shown in a different light, from a different point of view in the next chapter.

I also loved the weirded out vibes I was getting, not knowing what was happening, or who to trust. It was perfect, until it wasn't.

I'm not a fan of over-the-top endings and this one was just too much for me.
I can (sorta) accept the killer's motivation but asking me to believe eve
Kaceey
Oct 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Soooo creepy!😱😱

Anna Andrews is a local TV reporter. She’s been given what looks to be the opportunity of her career. Her assignment, cover a murder that just happens to be in the village where she grew up. What a huge break! This should give her the “in” she craves. Only covering this crime may be a little too close to home for Anna to be impartial.

DCI Jack Harper is the lead investigator for the murder. But the web he’s casting is just a bit too tangled and complicated. Between personally knowi
Amanda
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say ..... Alice Feeney has done it again. You have completely blown my mind with another amazing, addictive, keep me on the edge of my sofa, my head is spinning book ( Take a deep breathe)

The story of “His And Her” has 2 main characters. We have Detective Chief Inspector Jack Harper head of major crime in Blackdown in Surrey. He left the MET after a tragedy and is now investigating a murder in sleepy Blackdown. The victim is a woman he recognises and knows very well, this is a secret
Jayme
Jul 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh Alice!

Your prose is so enticing...making a cup of tea sounds so irresistible!

The musings of your characters so honest and thought provoking-
like when Anna tucked money into the food she gave the homeless girl, saying she didn’t mind if she spent the money on alcohol-after all-that is what she spent her money on too...

Your misdirection flawless, with plenty of plausible red herrings for us to suspect and then reject along the way!

So, please realize that the animal abuse you insist on includ
Arna
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If this isn’t on your TBR list yet you need to add it right now!

Anna, a BBC reporter is asked to cover a murder in her home town, though she is reluctant to go but when the victim turns out to be one of her childhood friends she can’t leave. Jack is a detective working the case and has decided not to tell anyone he knows the victim... one of them knows more than they're letting on. Someone isn’t telling the truth...

Alice Feeney does it again! She is hands down my favourite author and this one
Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews
My first audiobook from the publisher on NetGalley! I wasn't planning on reading His & Hers but couldn't resist downloading the audiobook, and I am so glad I did. I enjoyed listening to Richard Armitage & Stephanie Racine narrate the story, and they drew me into the story right from the start. I usually only listen while I am doing chores around the house, or I find myself too tired to read however, I found myself wanting to sit down and just listen to the story.

The story is cleverly told throu
Bridgett
Jun 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
**AVAILABLE NOW**

We all hide behind the version of ourselves we let the rest of the world see.

So, I've been sitting here debating, contemplating, letting this twisty, loopy, roller-coaster of a story marinate in my brain...yet I'm still not entirely sure how I feel.

There is not an author, currently writing, who can plot such devilishly good misdirection as Alice Feeney. She's the master. I'm always giddy to read her books because it's like diving into the deep...you never quite know what you
Michelle
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Holy shit! Alice Feeney is in a class all her own when it comes to the psychological thriller genre. This book, like her previous two, are CRAZY. I applaud her for not being afraid to push the envelope and to take things into uncomfortable territory without even batting her pretty little lashes. I truly admire that about her. I thought I had this one figured out and I certainly had my suspicions but just when you think you're a little smarty pants Feeney comes along and pulls the rug out from be ...more
Katie B
I had such a good time reading this one and I definitely recommend checking it out especially if you have enjoyed other books by the author. This one was fun because the author didn't write herself into a corner as there were multiple options up until the big reveal. The writer kept me on my toes as I kept floating around in my head different theories as to what was going on.

Anna Andrews is a tv anchor on a BBC news program and she has been assigned to cover a murder in the countryside village s
Deanna
Aug 09, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks, 2020
My reviews can also be seen at: https://deesradreadsandreviews.wordpr...

3.5 Stars

Dark, thrilling, and VERY creepy!!

Anna Andrews loves her job anchoring the noon hour news. She's less than thrilled when she's reassigned to cover a murder in Blackdown Woods, a place Anna wishes she could forget. Luckily, she has a couple of things in her purse that might help her get through the day.

DCI Jack Harper is investigating the murder in Blackdown. Jack is shocked when he sees who the victim is.

Then there
Oscar
Jun 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020, 2020-releases
"It's a terrible thing to admit, even to myself, but as I look at Cat Jones with her perfect hair and perfect children, standing there chatting and laughing with my team, I wish she was dead."

tw: rape, animal mutilation, graphic violence. These adult thrillers are getting crazier and crazier! So please read with caution!

His & Hers is a brand new mystery/thriller from Alice Feeney. This story involves the alternating point of views of Anne Andrews, former tv presenter and now correspondent, a
Berit☀️✨
BRAVO Alice Feeney! What a WILD and CRAZY ride! Twisted and tense. Dark and desperate. Disturbing and delicious. And can I just say the audio ramped all thes things up... way UP! Richard Armitage and Stephanie Racine definitely elevated the creep factor with their spot on narration. The story is told from three perspectives his, hers, and that of the killers. On the audio the voice of the killer was downright spine chilling! Not even going to touch on the plot of this one, it is best gone into w ...more
Elyse  Walters
Sep 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Audiobook....narrated by Richard Armitage and Stephanie Racine

This psychological thriller is told from three perspectives:
....HERS: Meet Anna Andrews
......alcoholic BBC news reporter/murder investigator: Anna Andrews came from an uninspiring background and is showing early signs of dementia. ( loss and past tragedy still haunt her)

....HIS: Meet Jack Harper...
......ex-husband to Anna.
Jack is a semi sad, semi compassionate Detective Chief Inspector/ murder investigator. ( loss and past tragedy
Frank Phillips
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 wonderful Stars rounded up! I believe this is Feeney's best book yet! Definitely her darkest book, although all three have been fairly dark, and I've LOVED every single one of them! Feeney just knows exactly how to write the type of thriller I crave, and I can't believe I have to wait another year for more! This is the type of book you don't really want to know much about before starting it. There are three perspectives told in alternating chapters - his, hers and an unnamed perspective...Th ...more
preoccupiedbybooks
An extremely dark and tense murder mystery with many shocks, twists and red herrings to keep you guessing!

One story,
Two sides; Yours and mine, ours and theirs, his and hers,
Someone is lying...
Anna, a BBC news reporter/presenter and DCI Jack Harper both narrate this unsettling and creepy story of murder, secrets, lies and betrayal.
Everyone is telling their own version of the story, but who is telling the truth?

His and Hers was a bit slow to get started, but once it got going, wow! It was dramatic
Fast readers book...: Epigraphs-chapter 5 12% 3 27 Aug 05, 2020 04:55AM

• The Liar’s Daughter
  • Killing Mind (D.I. Kim Stone #12)
  • Perfect Little Children
  • The Octopus
  • Unfollow Me
  • The House on the Lake
  • Who We Were
  • Little Doubt (DI Kelly Porter, #7)
  • Pretending
  • The Perfect Mother
  • No Bad Deed
Alice Feeney is an author and former BBC journalist. Her debut novel, Sometimes I Lie, was a New York Times and international bestseller. It has been translated into over twenty languages, and is being made into a TV series by Ellen DeGeneres and Warner Bros. starring Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Alice has lived in London and Sydney and has now settled in the Surrey countryside, where she lives with her

Articles featuring this book

“Sometimes I think I am the unreliable narrator of my own life. Sometimes I think we all are.” 3 likes
“I think when we finally get what we think we want, it loses its value. It's the secret nobody ever shares, because if they did, we would all stop trying.” 3 likes