Start by marking “Evil in My Town (Serenity's Plain Secrets Book 6)” as Want to Read:
Evil in My Town (Serenity's Plain Secrets Book 6)

Evil in My Town

(Serenity's Plain Secrets #6)

After a tragic mass shooting in Blood Rock, Sheriff Serenity Adams is shocked to discover ties to the local Amish settlement, and her teenage niece, who barely survived the carnage. The investigation takes her from the terror of a massacre to an equally horrific crime relating to a missing woman in the community. Serenity must risk her own life to bring law, order, and saf ...more
Published May 17th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Evil in My Town, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Evil in My Town

Bec
Aug 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2019
My review for book 5 in this series commented about the poor editing, and my hope that the editing would improve for the next instalment. Unfortunately, there are still some glaring editing mistakes. However, it didn't detract from the overall story and it was decent enough.
Dorothy Jacobs
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Evil in My Town Book 6

Another good Karen Ann Hopkins book. I don't know if I can handle the wait for book 7 in 2020. This book had another surprise ending for me. Me Hopkins books have the best twisted endings.
Lara
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good story

I think it’s incredibly brave of any author to take on school shootings, and I believe that Karen Ann Hopkins did it really well in this story. As always, I appreciate the characters and the development that continues on them. I recommend this book, and I hope you enjoy it.
Lynda
Jun 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: amish, murder
The story telling is weak in the middle

But the ending is satisfying.

I wonder if some of the beta readers from books 1 & 2 are gone. Or has her editor changed in book 3?

Things are slipping through that shouldn't. For example, there is a scene where a certain character must be in the Amish community and at a specific location.

Supposedly curiosity overcame fear and apprehension. And there was MUCH to fear. MUCH!!!
I just could not buy into that -- not for this character.

Sometimes words are
M
Jul 27, 2019 rated it liked it
School mass-shooting with AR-15, a teen overdose, and a need for revenge

This is my first time reading a “Serenity’s Plain Secrets” series book. I enjoyed the intense, school gun-massacre storyline’s two POV characters: Sheriff Serenity Adams and her fifteen-yr-old niece, Taylor, who is dangerously entangled in the massacre and a teen’s drug overdose case.

IMHO, Taylor takes point from the sheriff, because the teen’s presence at the school adds immediacy and menace to the shooter’s actions, his
Nancy
Jul 28, 2019 added it
DIANA ROCKWELL
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read!

If you like Linda Castillo you will like Karen Ann Hopkins. I love Amish fiction, but the Amish romance novels get a little stale after a while. Both Castillo and Hopkins have taken their stories and plots a little differently. This book in particular, is well around and plot is well constructed. Fast moving and keeps one in suspense with a little more shadowing of what is to come in Book 7....can not wait. Thank goodness Castillos new book is due out in July so I will have something
Janet C
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Number 6 in the Serenity Series

Despite the typo ‘s , I have enjoyed this series. I found myself sitting up most of the night trying to finish it.
After reading 6 books the characters have become familiar to the reader.
This story is about a school shooting in Blood Rock. The emotions and the. Story reflected compassion,dynamics and understanding how an event like this effects everyone. Loved the series. Can’t wait till 2020 for the next book.
Carla
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Clean read

This is my first Serenity novel and it won't be my last. Sheriff Serenity has her hands full trying to find out what is going on in the near by Amish community. Missing people, murder, drugs all keeping the sheriff from her plans to marry an ex Amish man. Plenty of mystery and strong characters.
varena manion
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
Worst book in the series

No need to retell the story every other chapter. So tedious. Doesn’t anyone edit anymore? An author and an editor should no that instant and instance are not interchangeable, too many grammatical errors. I felt I should be reading while applying a red pen.
Karen
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
Very similar to the Amish murder series by Linda Castillo. I love this genre so was happy to find this series. I have already purchased the next one in this series, then will go back and read the earlier books.
Wanita Washington
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very intense

The world of the English and the world of theAmish intertwine with mystery, heartache, and hope. Good characters who cause the reader to feel involved. Excellent book.
Jody Garrett
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series

I have read all three books in this series and they just get better. The writing is great and the characters are real. I look forward to more of Serenity and Daniel and their community and culture
Phyllis Funk
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Intense

Karen Ann Hopkins never fails to entertain and never disappoints. Her characters are well developed ,as are her plots. Thanks for the many hours of great reading I have had, Karen!
Cherie hulse
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good read I like the blend !

I love Amish mysteries and this book has it all .The blend of English/Amish culture with a lot of twists and turns.I think I'll have to start at book 1 and read the whole series.
Jenna Golik
Very good book about mass shooting . Interesting characters , plot is

Gripping . Keeps you page turning. It is a stand alone book. Not like some that leave you hanging till the next book.
Linda Richard
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Story

As usual a well written and intensely investigated history of two different people and religions. Very interesting storyline and hard to put down. Will be awaiting the next addition
Lottie
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great reading from the beginning to the ending. The author wove a wonderful tale of mystery throughout the book that was very realistic.
Brenda J Lee
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Page turner.

Have to pay attention to the characters initially, but really good read!
Not too predictable and some surprises to raise the eyebrows.
Margie Dugey
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book

This is another wonderful story continuing the story of this community. Can't wait for the next one in this series.
Carolann Hiller
Interference

A young girl id's and it sets off a young man to do the unthinkable. Sheriff's niece has a secret that could be the reason behind the massacre. Twisted times
Teresa Onofre
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A winner !!

Another winner she never lets you down with her Serenity series. Loved each book together or stand alone great till the end.
Cindy Adkins
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book!

A really good read from beginning to end. Keeps you turning the pages to see what will happen next Can't wait to read the next book!
Maryam J.
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story

Every time I read a Serenity story, I learn more about the Amish people and their customs. These books are very well and thoughtfully written.
Charleen Leonard
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this bishop!

Serenity is very lucky to be available to the Amish but that Bishop is sneaky manipulative in a good way and I love his character!
Donna Morgan
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great Serenity novel

Another great Serenity novel with the Amish, tragedy of mass shooting and the complex working of the Amish and the “English“
karen wendt
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great crime novels.
Nancy karels
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book!

I’ve read previous books and they always keep me intrigued. Loved it! Look forward to the next two new books!
Bobby
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
grate book couldn't it it down

Couldn't stop reading this book. I couldn't wait to get back to it when I had to stop. You will Iove it.
MARY STEPP
Another one

Just as great as all her Serenity books. Great storyline, funny and wonderful characters. Will continue to look forward to her writings
You can visit Karen Ann Hopkins at her website: www.karenannhopkins.com.

"I loved joining Rose and Noah during their journey in the Temptation series by Karen Hopkins."-Katie McGarry, acclaimed YA author

Karen Ann Hopkins resides in northern Kentucky with her family on a farm that boasts a menagerie of horses, goats, peacocks, chickens, ducks, rabbits, dogs, and cats. Karen’s main job is home schoo

Serenity's Plain Secrets (6 books)
  • Lamb to the Slaughter (Serenity's Plain Secrets, #1)
  • Whispers from the Dead (Serenity's Plain Secrets, #2)
  • Secrets in the Grave (Serenity's Plain Secrets, #3)
  • Hidden in Plain Sight (Serenity's Plain Secrets, #4)
  • Paper Roses (Serenity's Plain Secrets, #5)