Start by marking “Weapon (Whisper, #2)” as Want to Read:
Weapon (Whisper, #2)

Weapon

(Whisper #2)

The #1 bestselling WHISPER series concludes with WEAPON:

I already knew he was a psychopath. But now?
He's more dangerous than ever.
And I have less than twenty-four hours to stop him.

After escaping Lengard and finding sanctuary with the Remnants, Alyssa Scott is desperate to save those she left behind ─ and the rest of the world ─ from the power-hungry scientist, Kendall Van
Published November 4th 2019 by Pantera Press

Start your review of Weapon (Whisper, #2)
Phrynne
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 5000-2019
Part 2 in the Whisper duology and it is as entertaining as the first book. A lot of time is spent on board Sydney ferries and chasing people around Luna Park which is especially fun for readers like me who know Sydney well.

Alyssa, the main character, is still discovering her power and is out to get her revenge on those who held her prisoner in book one. As the book progresses she discovers her whole life is fiction and just about everyone is lying to her. I guessed one of them early on and spent
Krystal
Well this is definitely going to be too hard to write a normal, coherent review for.

WARNING: This review may contain spoilers for the first book in the series

Things I liked:
✓ The pace
✓ The action
✓ The location(s)
✓ The DRAMA
So. Many. Secrets.
✓ Riley
✓ Memory travel
✓ All these fun abilities weeeeeee

Things I didn't like:
✘ Zombie Ward
✘ Kael being a jerk
✘ Arryn
✘ Lack of Enzo
✘ Alyssa being oblivious
✘ Like ... really oblivious
✘ So many good characters, so little page time
✘ But hey look who got a s
Brenda
Weapon is the conclusion to the series which started with Whisper (only two books but they both pack a punch!) Lynette Noni is a talented writer as she had me on the edge of my seat, not wanting to put the book down until I’d finished. What a breathtaking ride!!

Alyssa Scott had been rescued from Lengard and now resided with the Remnants; the catacombs which were under Taronga Zoo in Sydney were vast – anyone not knowing where to go would easily be lost. As Lyss recovered from her ordeal and lear
Zitong Ren
3.5🌟

I feel like that this is book is like everyone’s favourite book or most hyped up book after the resounding success that was Whisper which won the Gold Inky Award this year in Australia. For me though, I mean, look, before anyone comes at here and decides to murder me at my slightly unpopular opinion, it wasn’t that I did not like the book, and I truly think that a rating of 3.5 just means that I had a few problems, but for the most part, really enjoyed it. So there you go, full disclaimer,
Kylie H
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: drama, young-adult
This is a 3.5 star rounded to 4 from me.
I had very high expectations of this sequel having read Whisper last year. So for me while it answered a LOT of questions the story was a bit up and down.
There were some great action parts but the thing that detracted for me was all of the conversations that backtracked through past events. I know that this needed to happen, but I still got quite annoyed as characters continually recounted events, rather than these events being a part of the story. Semanti
Ryan Buckby
Aug 22, 2020 rated it liked it
actual rating: 3.5/5 stars

That leads me to the bonus I promised, and here it is: everyone is lying to you, Six-Eight-Four. Everyone

I feel with this duology is one that i couldn't get into 100& and i really did try but i feel like this series wasn't for me at all. Don't get me wrong Lynette's writing gets stronger with every book she comes out with but i think the whole setting and storyline wasn't for me and one i couldn't fully get into at all.

The story itself was fairly strong and for me i
Erin
Good completion to the series, but a little underwhelming and predictable in comparison to the excitement and set up of Whisper.

Still, it’s a solid 3 stars from me as it kept me glued to the page and neglecting other stuff.
Brooklyn Tayla
A huge thank you to the amazing team at Pantera Press for sending me a beautiful finished copy of Weapon and inviting me on the review tour to celebrate the finale in Lynette Noni’s Whisper duology – all thoughts are my own.
If you’ve been following my blog and/or bookstagram, then you’ll well know that Lynette Noni captured my heart in the first two installments of her The Medoran Chronicles, so even before I realised I was on the review tour for Weapon, Whisper had long been on my radar.
There’s
Fizah(Books tales by me)
Feb 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020-read
It is the sequel of Whisper duology. I read whisper about 1.75 years ago and wanted to read it for so long. But same bibliophilic life when you wait for a book then put it on pending :D.

I am not going to claim that it is mind-boggling, I already said it before that there isn't much ground to play in dystopian. But Lynette Noni's writing is so beautiful, it just flows perfectly.

If I talk about story, honestly I didn't remember much of it when I started it but after some time I started to remember
Alison
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic ending, and true to Lynette Noni's style, full of laughter and pain.
Claire Di Lorenzo
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
Bubbles
Jun 25, 2019 is currently reading it
Honestly, I can't wait until November for this. I need the sequel, asap! I need answers!
Darce
ah Lynette Noni. you brilliant woman.

the plot twists in this were incredible. legitimately incredible. i saw a couple coming (view spoiler) but there were some where i would have found myself appearing in the book less shocking. and the characters were so much fun in this book! Arryn, Riley, Smith, i loved them all. i really hope Smith and Alyssa become besties (view spoiler) !

as always, the writing style and storytelling was addi
Laura Altmann (laurabookish)
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full review to come closer to publication date!
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loveozya, pantera
I did not see that coming.
At all.
Well done Lynette Noni, a masterful storyteller until the final page.
Review to come.
Julie (Bookish.Intoxication)
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. What a ride!

There are so many incredible aspects to this book, that I can't fit them all here, in the way that I want to, so for my full review please go to www.bookishintoxicationwrites.com

But I will say, this book was fantastically, fast paced, it was filled with so many plot twists, so many characters spinning tales and so many interwoven moments and characters that it will have you wondering who to trust. Amazingly well written and intense from the very first page, this is the perfect w
The Nerd Daily
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Originally published on The Nerd Daily | Review by Brooklyn Saliba

If you’ve been following my personal blog or bookstagram, then you’ll well know that Lynette Noni captured my heart in the first two instalments of her The Medoran Chronicles, so even before I realised I was on the review tour for Weapon, Whisper had long been on my radar.

There’s eternal mixed emotions when reaching the climax of a series, a final instalment. There’s excitement, of course, but sadness at knowing that this indeed w
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Sylvs (NOVELty Reads)
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you thought Whisper was a brain musher just wait until you read this bad boy!

How do I even describe Weapon without spoiling anything? It's probably impossible but I'll attempt to do so. Let's just say that everything you think Whisper set up in Weapon it would all come crashing down and you will discover that everything you presumed is wrong wrong and wrong. Everyone is lying and the truth is really hard to find not only for (view spoiler) but for you as well.

Wea
Jenna
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Um I have a lot of feelings.

I have no idea how to put them in words without spoiling literally EVERYTHING in the book but I’m going to try.

When I first started Weapon I was a little nervous because I kept guessing all of the “big” plot twists and I thought to myself ‘oh no is this going to be a replica of all the other YA books I’ve read’ and then BAM SUDDENLY IT WASN’T. I honestly could not stop reading and it was just twist after twist after twist.

Actual reactions I had to this book included b
Emily
Shelves: 2019
I am very glad I reread 'Whisper' before starting this, otherwise I feel I might have been lost and questioning who everyone was and why everything was happening for the first few chapters. Can I just say that THERE WERE SO MANY BLOODY TWISTS in this book!!! I was worried to start off with as I was guessing some of them, but the bigger ones I did not see coming. It was a very engrossing read that I wanted to find out what happened, especially because I was not sure who to trust. I think the seri ...more
Ariel
Shelves: reviewed
Thanks to this book I have a shit-load of exam revision to finish and my sleep schedule is more screwed up than ever. I mean sleep schedule, what sleep schedule??

First of all, I love how Noni dives right in and picks up where she left off from the last book. I really appreciate this in books as it keeps the story alive! It was wonderful to read the characterisation as there were obvious developments for both Alyssa and her friends. The harm- both mentally and physically- was so present in this b
Piper
Apr 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Again, all very exciting. One of my favourite things is revelations about hidden background information, this book is riddled with such instances. Love it
Brooke Walczak
Apr 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wow! Better than the first book! So many twists along the way and a fun read.
Juliette
Nov 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Tiarna Georghiou
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Weapon was brilliant, powerful, spectacular and moving. I loved it just as much as the first book and am lost for words. I was hooked from the first page and struggled to put the book down. There were so many fantastic twists and turns and I can not recommend this series highly enough!
Anneena Wembri
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
well stuff me in a piñata, throw me off a cliff and consider me bamboozled, this book darn fùcked me up.

when I said I enjoyed whisper, it does not compare to how much I adored this book. Listen, I’m not gonna lie - whisper was okay, a bit cliche and predictable but not bad. This however was one of the rare sequels that fully outshone the first book!

I can fully say, with my whole chest, that this ending had me doing backflips. Of course not physically, but emotionally every organ in my body was d
Ana
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I almost never review sequels because I don’t want to give away spoilers, so this is all new territory for me.

I read almost the entire book in one day – it was completely addictive and so easy to read. For me, it’s the mark of good book when I wouldn’t really change anything. My issues in the first book were resolved to my satisfaction. All loose ends were tied up, and conclusion was open ended enough that you can imagine the future you want.

Something I really like about Lynette Noni’s books is
Nathan Wise
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Weapon was an amazing read, full of well thought out twists and turns.

I had a great time reading it and enjoyed how the story unravelled. Although most of the twists were predictable if you could put all the pieces together. The only twist that really surprised me was the very first one, but after that I began to put the rest of the story together. Despite this, it didn't detract from the story itself.

I loved how deep the story went, and how well it was thought out. There is no way I would've
Alexia
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing conclusion to a PHENOMENAL duology!!!! I am still lost for words on how to describe this series. The character development is amazing, you really feel for each person and what they have gone through. There was plot twist after plot twist and massive betrayals that had me losing my mind!! Just when I think I've got an understanding of what's happening, Noni just throws another curveball and completely ruins my calm. And while I had doubts about how the heck all my questions co ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Erasure Initiative
  • Chasing the Shadows (Sentinels of the Galaxy, #2)
  • Deep Water
  • Taking Down Evelyn Tait
  • Rogue (Hive #2)
  • The Surprising Power of a Good Dumpling
  • Please Don't Hug Me
  • The Blood Countess (Pandora English, #1)
  • Aurora Burning (The Aurora Cycle, #2)
  • The Man in the Water
  • All That Impossible Space
  • Monuments
  • Warrior of the Wild
Lynette Noni studied journalism and academic writing at university before completing a degree in human behavior. She lives on the Sunshine Coast in Australia and can be found baking cupcakes, singing along to animated movies, or daydreaming about being swept away to a fantasy world. Some days, she can even do all three at once — and still find the time to sneak in a nap afterwards.

Whisper (2 books)