Start by marking “Weapon (Whisper, #2)” as Want to Read:
Weapon (Whisper, #2)

Weapon

(Whisper #2)

The #1 bestselling WHISPER series concludes with WEAPON:

I already knew he was a psychopath. But now?
He's more dangerous than ever.
And I have less than twenty-four hours to stop him.

After escaping Lengard and finding sanctuary with the Remnants, Alyssa Scott is desperate to save those she left behind ─ and the rest of the world ─ from the power-hun/>I
Published November 4th 2019 by Pantera Press

To ask other readers questions about Weapon, please sign up.

Start your review of Weapon (Whisper, #2)
Phrynne
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 5000-2019
Part 2 in the Whisper duology and it is as entertaining as the first book. A lot of time is spent on board Sydney ferries and chasing people around Luna Park which is especially fun for readers like me who know Sydney well.

Alyssa, the main character, is still discovering her power and is out to get her revenge on those who held her prisoner in book one. As the book progresses she discovers her whole life is fiction and just about everyone is lying to her. I guessed one of them early
Brooklyn Tayla
A huge thank you to the amazing team at Pantera Press for sending me a beautiful finished copy of Weapon and inviting me on the review tour to celebrate the finale in Lynette Noni’s Whisper duology – all thoughts are my own.
If you’ve been following my blog and/or bookstagram, then you’ll well know that Lynette Noni captured my heart in the first two installments of her The Medoran Chronicles, so even before I realised I was on the review tour for Weapon, Whisper had long been on my radar.<
Erin
Good completion to the series, but a little underwhelming and predictable in comparison to the excitement and set up of Whisper.

Still, it’s a solid 3 stars from me as it kept me glued to the page and neglecting other stuff.
Bubbles
Jun 25, 2019 marked it as to-read
Honestly, I can't wait until November for this. I need the sequel, asap! I need answers!
Alison
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic ending, and true to Lynette Noni's style, full of laughter and pain.
Laura Altmann (laurabookish)
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full review to come closer to publication date!
Julie (Bookish.Intoxication)
Wow. What a ride!

There are so many incredible aspects to this book, that I can't fit them all here, in the way that I want to, so for my full review please go to www.bookishintoxicationwrites.com

But I will say, this book was fantastically, fast paced, it was filled with so many plot twists, so many characters spinning tales and so many interwoven moments and characters that it will have you wondering who to trust. Amazingly well written and intense from the very first page, this is the perfect way to finish
The Nerd Daily
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Originally published on The Nerd Daily | Review by Brooklyn Saliba

If you’ve been following my personal blog or bookstagram, then you’ll well know that Lynette Noni captured my heart in the first two instalments of her The Medoran Chronicles, so even before I realised I was on the review tour for Weapon, Whisper had long been on my radar.

There’s eternal mixed emotions when reaching the climax of a series, a final instalment. There’s excitement, of course, but sadness at knowing
Ariel
Shelves: reviewed
Thanks to this book I have a shit-load of exam revision to finish and my sleep schedule is more screwed up than ever. I mean sleep schedule, what sleep schedule??

First of all, I love how Noni dives right in and picks up where she left off from the last book. I really appreciate this in books as it keeps the story alive! It was wonderful to read the characterisation as there were obvious developments for both Alyssa and her friends. The harm- both mentally and physically- was so prese
Jenna
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: signed-copy, 2019
Um I have a lot of feelings.

I have no idea how to put them in words without spoiling literally EVERYTHING in the book but I’m going to try.

When I first started Weapon I was a little nervous because I kept guessing all of the “big” plot twists and I thought to myself ‘oh no is this going to be a replica of all the other YA books I’ve read’ and then BAM SUDDENLY IT WASN’T. I honestly could not stop reading and it was just twist after twist after twist.

Actual rea
Emily
Shelves: 2019
I am very glad I reread 'Whisper' before starting this, otherwise I feel I might have been lost and questioning who everyone was and why everything was happening for the first few chapters. Can I just say that THERE WERE SO MANY BLOODY TWISTS in this book!!! I was worried to start off with as I was guessing some of them, but the bigger ones I did not see coming. It was a very engrossing read that I wanted to find out what happened, especially because I was not sure who to trust. I think the seri ...more
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Nathan Wise
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Weapon was an amazing read, full of well thought out twists and turns.

I had a great time reading it and enjoyed how the story unravelled. Although most of the twists were predictable if you could put all the pieces together. The only twist that really surprised me was the very first one, but after that I began to put the rest of the story together. Despite this, it didn't detract from the story itself.

I loved how deep the story went, and how well it was thought out. There is no way I would've
Juliette
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Star
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Okay, okay, okay. So Whisper was one of my absolute most favourite books of last year. I got to read an advanced reader copy as a read now on Net Galley, and I absolutely loved it. It was the first Lynette Noni book I had ever read (I do now own The Medoran Chronicles, even if I haven’t read them yet – soon, I will get there soon!).

So when I was given an early copy of Weapon. Well, I’m positive that only dogs could have heard the high-pitched squeal that came from me.

Weap
Sylvs (NOVELty)
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you thought Whisper was a brain musher just wait until you read this bad boy!

How do I even describe Weapon without spoiling anything? It's probably impossible but I'll attempt to do so. Let's just say that everything you think Whisper set up in Weapon it would all come crashing down and you will discover that everything you presumed is wrong wrong and wrong. Everyone is lying and the truth is really hard to find not only for (view spoiler) ...more
Sarah Fairbairn
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Whisper Series is a modern day Urban YA sci-fi. With most of The Whisper Series is set in a secret underground facility, but we do get glimpse of real-world Sydney city, the city in which this secret facility lies beneath.

Whisper and Weapon follow the story of Subject 6-8-4, let’s call her Chip for the purpose of this review. We learn about Chip’s past with her and her real name isn’t revealed into really the end of book one.

From the start of Whisper I immediately felt drawn to
Bree T
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recently Lynette Noni has become one of my favourite YA authors with her series The Medoran Chronicles which got simply better and better with each book. Last year she released something totally new and different, Whisper, which was the first book in a duology. This concludes the series and I was really excited to find out what was going to happen to Alyssa after she escaped Lengard and was able to find some sort of freedom and sanctuary with the Remnants in the catacombs under Taronga Park Zoo. ...more
Astrid And Her Books
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I went into this book knowing that it was going to be good, but somehow Lynette Noni still managed to keep me on my toes, pull at my heartstrings and once again cause me to fall in love with one more of her amazing books. Weapon is definitely a 5/5 Stars read for me and is up there with Vardaesia with my favourite reads of the year!

Anyway, here are just a couple of dot points summing up my feelings and thoughts for this book:
* In this book we got to meet new characters and old characters
Simoné
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
The conclusion to this series was one wild ride from start to finish.
Picking up where Whisper left off with Alyssa banding together with the Remnant. With one set goal of stopping Valic and his evil plans, Alyssa goes on a journey of discovering things from her past she's never been able to remember. With twists and turns at every corner, you're left hooked until the end.
Not everyone is what or who they seem and it's not till it becomes too late that Alyssa realises this.

I loved this book, it
Layla
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Weapon was a truly epic conclusion to one of my favourite books. The story was true to Lynette’s style. It was an epic, thrilling part two that had a brilliant plot to it. I had very high expectations for this book because Lynette Noni never ceases to amaze me with her endless imagination and her beautiful writing. Weapon beyond exceeded those expectations and I couldn’t have loved it more. All Characters, old and new were 3D with such interesting and well thought out backstories that made me lo ...more
Danielle Gregory
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
OMG OMG ITS HERE, ITS HERE!

l finished Weapon! I read it in one day, it's been a while since I've done that! I really wanted to love this book and because I finished it in a day I thought I did. Don't get me wrong I liked this book a lot, but on reflection, I predicted who the bad guys were from early on. My fave character didn't get enough page time! Although I loved the character development I feel like there were some plot holes and I just felt there was a Pizzazz missing from the
Megan
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is incredible! So many twists and turns you are constantly kept guessing and wanting to know more. Such amazing storytelling, evoking emotions in each chapter.

Weapon expands and ends the Whisper duology perfectly. And in a way I never would have imagined. I can not praise this book and Lynette Noni enough. If you have not read Whisper and Weapon then do yourself a favour and add them to your to read list. You will not be sorry!
sofia
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First of all HOLY CRAP THIS BOOK DESTROYED ME WITH ITS TWISTS AND TURNS JEEZ IT COULDNT GET ANY BETTER

I’m not gonna have spoilers in this lil review because I don’t want to be like that 😂
But let me just say the way it was written just blew my little brain and it was so full of LIES and I’m just stunned.

And if I keep going I’m just gonna spoil away so let’s just say GO READ IT BECAUSE IT IS JUST PERFECTION.
Alyssa Markmann
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this series! The story is so compelling and this is the first book I read in a long time that I just didn't want to put down!

The only issue I had was the word repetition in some of the sentences which seemed to happen a lot more in the second half. But the plot, characters and powers are so fun to read about!
BookLovinLynda
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Words cannot explain how amazing this book is!!! Love love love. defs a re reader.. holy crap i am in fricken love with Landon Ward!!! Also love Alyssa and Landon!! Couple goals, am i right? or am i right? Also love Riley... Lyss' brother!! IN LOVVVEEE. Him and echo are coupple goals too. Also HARD AF shipping Cami and Enzo. LIKE H.A.R.D core shipping.

Best book ever. Fav. 6 stars
belle  atkinson
(spoiler free)
so many plot twists, so much drama!! this book was such a rollercoaster, literally every page was a new puzzle piece in the story. there was sooo much tension, i found myself having to put down the book on a couple of occasions because it was all so much!! all i can say is i'm sad the duology is over, hopefully we can see more of this story in the future.
Sheree
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
Another stellar ride! I love the way Lynette puts so much emphasis on friendships and families in her books. There's romance, and it's so morish, but the other relationships are so incredibly special as well. That said, I finished this book wanting more! It finished in the logical place but I definitely want a novella or something!
Rachel (rachels.geeky.stuff)
I was lucky enough to receive an arc of Weapon from the lovely ladies at the YA Chronicles.
In saying that though..... I'm not sure what I'm rating this yet, or even how I really feel. Will need a reread to figure things out I think.
Linda
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really love the books that Lynette Noni writes. Not only is she such a kind person but she has a great knack in writing the perfect story for the young adult market. Another page turner with an exciting ending!

• Rules for Vanishing
  • There Was Still Love
  • Wayward Son (Simon Snow, #2)
  • The Deathless Girls
  • Pumpkinheads
  • The Confession
  • It Sounded Better in My Head
  • Gideon the Ninth (The Locked Tomb, #1)
  • Rogue (Hive #2)
  • Akin
  • Slay
  • The Starthorn Tree
  • The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3)
  • Matters of the Heart
  • Boa Constructor: A Branches Book (The Binder of Doom #2)
  • The Mitford Scandal (Mitford Murders #3)
  • The Land of the Spring Dragon: A Branches Book (Dragon Masters #14)
  • With Love from Miss Lily: A Christmas Story (Miss Lily's Lovely Ladies)
Lynette Noni studied journalism and academic writing at university before completing a degree in human behavior. She lives on the Sunshine Coast in Australia and can be found baking cupcakes, singing along to animated movies, or daydreaming about being swept away to a fantasy world. Some days, she can even do all three at once — and still find the time to sneak in a nap afterwards.

Whisper (2 books)