Start by marking “Then There Was You: A Single Parent Collection” as Want to Read:
Then There Was You: A Single Parent Collection

Then There Was You: A Single Parent Collection

AVAILABLE FOR A LIMITED TIME: With stories from 14 unbelievably talented authors. Read on for a taste of the stories you'll find within!

Back to Life by Dani René
Both having been heartbroken in very different ways, Kayla and Caleb find themselves in a very unlikely situation where they can't deny the electricity coursing between them. Can love really bring them back to life
Kindle Edition, 2077 pages
Published August 13th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Then There Was You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Then There Was You

Carvanz
Review of When Hope Ends Life Begins by Freya Barker

Oh my gosh! This book has left me a blubbering mess! It took me from the deepest of despair before pulling me into a place of bittersweet joy laced with the perfect transposition of a happy ever after. I feel as though I’ve been wrung through the wringer and I couldn’t be happier about the trip.

description

I could totally relate to Mika on so many levels as well as Jude. My heart was broken repeatedly for her experiences followed by even tougher decisions.
DJ Sakata
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WHEN HOPE ENDS by FREYA BARKER

Favorite Quotes:

… he pays attention, and let’s be honest, that’s not always a quality evident in the opposite gender.

I’m so grateful having had this amazing opportunity to learn that when hope ends for one, life begins for another

“I don’t know who this woman is. I’ve never heard so much cursing in my life.” I have to bite my lip to keep from laughing. I remember this part too. Cassie had made me feel about an inch tall with her sharp tongue while she was delivering
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
What a great deal! $0.99 for all these authors.

Alex Grayson
Kally Ash
Kathy Coopmans
L.A. Cotton
Lauren Dawes

I’m such a sucker for single parent romances. I love that there is a whole anthology based off this trope. My favorite story is by Freya Barker. When Hope Ends Life Begins was such a beautiful, emotional story...I cried like a baby.
ABookLover73
Five perfect stars for this anthology ❤!!!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

I have to admit that this is the first anthology I've ever read and I really liked it 😍.

Before I received an ARC copy, I had pre-ordered this anthology and now I have two copies but I'm not sorry because of that 💕.

L. A. Cotton is one of my favorite authors, so I decided that is a good thing for me to write a review for "Wicked Truths" between all 14 novellas.

This novella is second chance, friends to lovers, a single mum story which will make you sm
Tre Talbot
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the idea of bringing so many single parent stories together in an anthology, each author had their own style of writing and we’re given a wide variety is short reads that will pull you in and have you never wanting to put your kindle down.
-Chester by Esther E. Schmidt is a great fast paced insta-love type story that had me laughing at Chester’s personal thoughts at times and I adored his creativity when it came to Amelia, Serenity’s daughter. I want my own pair of magic socks now too.
-B
Mandie
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great anthology! I loved every story in it! So worth the read!
Kristi
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Resisting Rayne by H.L. Nighbor was a sweet romantic quick read. Travis is a single father focused on his Company and his new child until Rayne unexpectedly crashes into his life. Their attraction is instantaneous and their chemistry is electric. I enjoyed this story and look forward to reading more from this author.
Reading with 2 book lovers
14 single parent stories in one book? What is better. I enjoyed this book alot.
Kim
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are a lot of new to me authors in this collection, and I will admit I have only made through about half the stories here. I will start by adding my thoughts on the ones I have completed so far and I will update the review as I finish more.

When Hope Ends Life Begins by Freya Barker
5 stars
This story was hands down my favorite of all the ones I read! You will want to keep tissues handy, but the gut wrenching moments are offset very well by the sweet and steamy ones!

Jude never expected to be
Crystal Gray
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Chester by Esther E. Schmidt
5 Stars
What an amazing beginning to this anthology!
This is a new to me Author, but I loved every minute of this novella! I am adding the rest of the series to my TBR for sure!

Riddick by Kathy Coopmans
Original Review - February 2, 2017
4 Stars

I really loved this story. There were a few minor editing issues, but easily read over. This is my first book by Kathy, I will for sure be looking up more! I can't wait to read Jude! Tyson's story will be great too. There wa
Becky Rendon
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Back to Life- Dani René

Second chance at love and life...

These two have had tragic endings to their previously thought to be happily ever afters. Back to Life is a sweet story featuring to widowed single parents.

Whispered Prayers of a Girl- Alex Grayson

You know that time you read the blurb and said...hmm, that's gonna make me cry. But being a masochist, you decide to read it.

So when you start crying 4% in, you nod your head and think yup totally crying. Then at 15% when you start blubbering, yo
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
I've read the first 4 stories so far and loved them. I love reading Anthologies you get to find so many amazing authors and read so many great stories.

Chester Serenity and Amelia.
An enjoyable instalove story by Esther E Schmidt.
Serenity is a little closed off to relationships her first priority is her young daughter Amelia.
Chester is a bit of a recluse and a tech wizard. When Serenity and Chester find themselves thrown together sparks quickly ignite. Could they be each others happily ever after
Jacquie
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have to say that, normally, I'm not a fan of anthologies...too many times the authors' have books that leave you hanging, that you need to purchase at least one more book to get the whole story and I hate that! Having said that, THIS anthology is NOT like that and I couldn't be more thrilled!!! Plus, they are all single-parent stories and I love the trope...bonus!!! This review will be updated as I read each story....

𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑯𝒐𝒑𝒆 𝑬𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝑩𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒔 by Freya Barker

Ms. Barker is one of my "Unicorn au
Konny
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Then There Was You, A Single Parent Collection by 14 Authors, 14 Stories, 14 Single Parents.

My reviews :

Whispered Prayers of a Girl by Alex Grayson
Wow, just Wow !!

Whispered Prayers of a Girl by Alex Grayson is a stand alone romance novel. This book gutted me.

" a tortured soul meets a damaged family "

Gwendolyn, widowed mother of a little boy and girl lives in a small town. She works as a teacher and lives for her children.
And then is there Alexander. A inconceivable tragedy destroyed his body an
TheSassyNerdBlog
When I say the line up to this, I knew I had to read it and I wasn't disappointed. I love single parent romances, it's a fun trope that can come in anything from rom-com to the more intense and angsty reads and this book had it all.

Each and every story was unique and brought something different to the book. They all gave me ALL THE FEELS and had me swooning, sobbing and laughing. Each author's style of writing was easy flowing and made it so easy to finish this in a few days.

If I had to pick a
Ruby Ap.
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved every single story from this anthology and bet you will too :) Each story had its own uniqueness and touch and I felt every emotion, from the bad to the good and vice versa and it truly was a wonderful way to spend a day :)
Rhonda Ziglar
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Riddick by Kathy Coopmans.....What an intense beautiful story that will pull at your heartstrings. This story had me crying like a baby, smiling like crazy, so mad at times wanting to kill someone and on the edge of my seat. Cora and Riddick have that special love we all look for and it is all taken away. You will have to read this amazing book to find out what happens and believe me you will want to. This is my first book by Kathy Coopmans and she has gained a new reader. If all the stories are ...more
Crystal Wilke
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wicked Truth by L.A. Cotton

More Wicked Bay characters to love. Lianne didn't disappoint on Vinnie and Maggie's story. Wicked Truth is filled with heartache, secerts, drama, romance and an HEA. If you enjoy reading this then you'll love the Wicked Bay series.

Boss of Me by Angel Devlin

I absolutely loved Jude and Pippa's story! The connection between them was strong and I liked the reality of their story. Angel blew me away with this story. I want more of Pippa and Jude.

I can't wait to read the
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
I was so beyond excited when I saw this coming out. I might be a little obsessed with Freya Barker but that’s just fine by me. So....of course I read her book first.
When Hope Ends and Life Begins was so stunningly beautiful it took my breath away. Ms Barker manages to weave a story that’s tragic yet hopeful at the same time.
I can not say enough good things about this book and Ms Barker’s writing talent. Jude, Mika and their journey to each other need to be in your life. Just read it....now.

Rev
Freya Barker
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
*NOW LIVE*

THEN THERE WAS YOU: A Single Parent Collection

Amazon: https://amzn.to/2M3eUG4
Apple: https://apple.co/2KfHS3q
Nook: http://bit.ly/2ZuJlbo
Kobo: http://bit.ly/2OFg7FS
Google Play: http://bit.ly/2YGP1Op

Sexy single dads. Strong single moms. 14 authors. 14 stories.

Novels and Novellas.
Only $.99c for a limited time.
Heather
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Joy Westerfield
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I truly love anthologies because you meet so many new authors, and some you have also read before. One story that stands out in this collection is Back to Life by Dani Rene. The story of Caleb and Kayla will pull at your heartstrings as they both try to deal with life after loss. They meet one day and there is instant attraction, but they are both hesitant. Do you really get a second chance? Can two people who have had to deal with heartache, find love again? If you want to know, please read thi ...more
Rosheen
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow just wow, Freya barker hit one out of the park for her emotionally engaging some whatheart renching contribution to this anthology, which is one of the reasons I purchased this anthology. Great cause for all these authors to get behind and contribute a story, some full and some a samples. Well worth the cost and purchasing for this cause, let alone for checking out all the other excellent authors and their stories. A more elegant review by another reviewer is https://www.goodreads.com/user/s ...more
Penny Dellarocco
So far I have only read Freya Barker's When Hope Ends (Life Begins), and that alone makes the anthology worth the price. I look forward to reading the rest as they are mostly new authors to me and hope to find new favorites.

There are so many things I love about this story. First of all, as with all of Freyas characters, these people are real, imperfect, but very likable. I love that these parents who never really were a couple are good friends that are first and foremost concerned about their d
Ann White
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cassie May
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction Blog

Story 1: Chester by Esther E. Schmidt
This story was more novella length and due to that short, simple and a bit over the top with the insta-love. Nevertheless it was an enjoyable read even if the character development fell a bit short for me. I liked the instant loving relationship between Chester and Amelia, but skipped over the hot scenes, since they were kinda interchangeable for me. I liked the idea, but guessed really fast, what was actually ha
Susan
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've rated this 4 Stars overall, but I had a couple of 5 Stars reads in here too.
This is a fantastic touching collection of single parent stories written by 14 amazing Authors, some I'm familiar with but most are new to me.
I've written short reviews for each book I've read and will edit to add the rest when I've finished.
( Edited to add final reviews on 15th August.)

Chester - Esther E Schmidt 4 🌟🌟🌟🌟

This was a fun fact pace love story, it kept my attention throughout.
Chester is a man who hide
Janine
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this combination of books, it just reads easy from start to finish
Renee
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher to review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

This is a collection of fourteen new stories from some of your favorite authors. There wasn't a story in this collection that I didn't love. Included in this anthology are the following stories and authors.

Back to Life by Dani Rene'
This is the story of Kayla and Caleb. Caleb only has one focus in his life and that is his daughter Libby. When a doe eye beauty bumps into him at a school even will these
DrivenbyBooks
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*4,5 stars*
A collection of stories about single dad or mom's that one way or another will touch your heart in a special way! Not to mention, it's one of my favorite genres to read and I'm so glad I've also discovered some new to me authors!

*5 stars*
Chester by Esther E. Schmidt
Chester lives a happy single life at the Swamps but still can't help it but feel restless while everyone around him seems to be settling down. When he first lays eyes on Serenity, there's this instant attraction he feels t
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »