Start by marking “Comeback: A K-pop Novel” as Want to Read:
Comeback: A K-pop Novel

Comeback: A K-pop Novel

Emery Jung is living his dream. Known by his stage name M, he is loved by millions of fans around the world as a member of the rising K-pop group NEON, but all fame comes with a cost, especially when one slip up can have viral consequences.

Alana Kim is trying to forget. After a tragic loss sends her spiraling, she escapes to her family in Korea, abandoning her love of mu
Published June 8th 2019 by Ashwood & Rose

To ask other readers questions about Comeback, please sign up.
Rachel Rose Yes! This is not the last you'll see of NEON :) Stay tuned for more books in the series!

Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always
Whether or not you're interested in K-pop, I can assure you that Comeback will still tug at your heartstrings and pique your interests! If you're a sucker for sweet romances and are curious about Asian culture, do yourself a favor and pick this book up.

I'll admit, I'm pretty picky when it comes to reading self-published novels, so I tried to lower my expectations when I got into this... But believe me, I really didn't have to! I've come up with a list of what I wanted to see in Comeback, and I'
Hristina
You know those books, that despite whatever imperfections they might have, they manage to transfer you in the story and make you feel like you’re part of it?
description
Comeback is exactly that.
The writing flows just beautifully, despite it being in two POVs. Speaking of the POVs they felt separate and didn’t blend in which I know is hard to pull of. I thought the characters were very well developed, each of them so distinguished from the others but in harmony with them too. I really enjoyed the friendships
Kate
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, read-in-2019
4/5stars

*Sent to me by the authors but all thoughts are my own!!*

This was such a fun book. I knew I wanted to give it a shot when the authors emailed me and told me about this YA romance revolving around the Kpop industry. I’m not gonna lie I was a bit hesitant because a lot of books like this can feel like wattpad y/n fanfics and be a bit cringed - but this one was adorable and very well written!!

The authors very obviously really know the industry and created a really great story around it. Th
Dani ❤️ Perspective of a Writer
description
Check out more reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

The Buzz

I LOVE supporting indie authors!! It's no easy thing to embark on editing, publishing, and marketing your new book on your own even if distribution can be handled through Amazon or another company. I really applaud Ashwood & Rose for making that decision.

As a result the cover isn't the best. I would have loved a stage setup with the crowd and big lights and a fancy font that fits the K-pop scene. However, Comeback doesn't have a bad
Ash †Reviews of a FearStreetZombie†
That's the end!?

*forcefully tries to turn the page knowing there are no more pages*

Okay, but in all seriousness. This book was EVERYTHING and so much more! The moment I saw "K-pop Novel" I was sold! I mean come on, my two most favorite things in the whole world (Books and Kpop) combined into one? Hell yes!! I KNEW I had to read this as soon as possible.
Comeback is the perfect book for those who are curious about Kpop and also for hardcore-hard stan-crackhead fans. (haha)

대박!!! I had to force mys
Erin
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute story! But beyond that Comeback is a really well-written book and the authors clearly put a lot of work into world-building. I say cute story but there’s definitely some darker, more serious elements to it (not giving away any spoilers). It’s got some of the binge-worthy elements of a k-drama without being over-the-top or like a fanfic.

I loved the relationship between Emery and Alana but even more so I loved the friendship between the NEON members. I can’t wait to read more about Jaehyun,
Myra
Wow. Such a fun book!!

When I saw the words "K-pop Novel", I knew I had to read this. As a longtime K-pop fan, I appreciated the chance to step into this well thought out and intricate world. The writers did an excellent job creating a realistic setting that mirrors the current K-pop landscape. I LOVED the names of the K-pop groups they created (HI5 still makes me laugh), and I feel super attached to NEON now. Not gonna lie, I teared up a bit at their ending concert ment...

Emery and Alana's relat
Lisa Espinosa
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A cleanly written story that sucks you and and won't let you out until you finish it.

Comeback: A K-pop Novel is a story and world that K-pop and Hallyu fans will immediately relate to with its setting in an alternate modern day Korea, the K-pop group Neon that mirrors real world favorites, and a heroine who is relatable as a K-pop fan. K-pop aside, as a story, the writers crafted an engaging tale of two young people who must overcome odds that include personal tragedy and the vicious beast that
Alyssa Nicole❣️
Jul 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I liked this book but I didn’t love it. I didn’t feel like the connection between Alana and Emery made much sense. The ending of the book was fast but seems like it leads up to another book.

I loved all the members of NEON and I loved all the kpop terms so much.
Jane (It'sJaneLindsey)
This might actually be more of a 3.5 star, but I'm rounding up for the enjoyment factor and how compelling it was. Full review to come.

I received a copy of this book from the authors in exchange for a free and honest review.
Nicole N. (A Myriad of Books)
A huge thank you to the authors for reaching out and offering me a free digital copy in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book.

I have to admit I’m not deep into the K-pop scene. Maybe if I were younger and BTS (lol) had come around then like they are now, then perhaps yes. I had my moments when I was in high school though. Yet being Korean made me want to review this book and give it honest criticism as the book is written by two white women.

Content warning(s
Kayla Brunson
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, read-in-2019
As soon as I heard that there was a contemporary K-pop novel out there I knew I had to read it. If you don’t know, K-pop fuels my heart. This was a good debut and it gave us a deeper look into what really goes into a comeback.

If your not familiar with K-pop, a comeback is when an artist or group is back again with a new album/single and is promoting via performances and etc. This book follows the comeback of NEON. I easily loved every member of this group! They all seemed so real and had their o
Miranda Reads
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wide-eyed and pale, she looked at Emery as if he were a ghost, but she was the ghost - an apparition from Emery's past.
Emery "M" Jung is one of five members of the insanely popular K-pop band, NEON.
It still didn't feel real to Emery, that NEON was actually popular.
Everyone thinks that he should be beyond excited...well...everyone but his parents.
"You've made your point, and we've let this music phase go on, but you're twenty years old now. When are you going to stop playing around?"
But th
chloe ♡
i received a review copy of this book from the authors in exchange for an honest review. all opinions below are my own.

i have a confession to make. i only have a brief idea of how kpop works – the structure of the industry, and its differences from western music culture, from what my friends and younger sister, who are obsessed with kpop, told me.

this book was eye-opening, to say the least – it allowed me a glimpse behind the scenes of the kpop industry. i had no idea that behind a performance,
legenbooksdary
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the story that may cure the fantasy of every fangirl/fanboy out there. I don't know about you but it partially did to me. It really has a lot of fan fiction vibes. It would be a lie to say that I have never fantasised dating the idol that I love, that even if they're so out of reach but as long as they're happy doing what they love, it would be enough for me.

If I were to read this story two years ago, I don't think that I would enjoy it all that much. Because a year ago, I wasn't that i
Emmie
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Emery, known to the world as M, was the lead vocalist of the hot K-pop group NEON. Alana was a fan turned K-pop staff with a past tied closely to NEON. When the two run into each other, literally, after a fateful encounter two years prior, their lives were bound to change, hopefully for the better.

So I wanna start off by saying that I am not familiar with K-pop or Korean Dramas. I was a little nervous that my lack of knowledge would hinder my enjoyment of this book. Thankfully it didn’t. The aut
Kris
LOVED it!!!

Like seriously, I didn't know what to expect when I first picked up this book. I was curious and bored, looking for something to read and mostly hoping it would get me that fanfic fix without being too cringey.

But it was so much MORE than that! The world building and complex characters in this AU Seoul totally blew me away! While the book offers a surprising behind the scenes look into the complex interrelationships between fans, k-pop groups, companies, actors, reality celebrities,
PR
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"An education on K-Pop, as well as some Korean and Konglish vocabulary.
Colorful characterizations and a sweet story of young ambition, dreams and romance.
A nice introduction to Korean cultural aspects for both Korea the K Pop industry.
A good read.”
Alex (Briennai)
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Comeback: A K-pop Novel is a book by Lyn and Rachel about a K-pop star and a stranger he met one night. Emery is a star, but his family never approved of his career. He almost quit his group NEON in their early days because of their first album’s failure, but he met a stranger one night whose love for music convinced him to not quit NEON. They felt an instant connection, and now he is a member of one of the most successful K-pop groups in the industry. When the girl shows up again as a staff per ...more
Romie
Aug 01, 2019 is currently reading it
thank you to the authors for sending me an e-copy of this book in exchange for an honest review!
Priyasha
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Firstly , I am thankful to receive the ARC from the author . It did come up as a surprise . This is one of the books that took me by surprise , I recently finished another K-pop inspired book , Hart and Seoul . But this book was altogether different with the glimpse of the K-pop Industry .

M, is a Kpop-Idol of the Band , Neon who is world famous but who has many hidden secrets and a chance encounter with a girl make sparks fly . The story sounds a very cliche type but I was surprised how the book
Ahana M Rao (Heart’s Content)
You can find my complete review for Comeback: A K-Pop Novel here!

Received a complimentary copy from the authors in exchange for an honest review.

Ah, my K-Drama watching soul is so utterly at peace at this moment. I could genuinely pass out from mushy happiness.

Comeback was a really well done K-Pop themed novel and yes, I’m a self-appointed connoisseur in all things Korean, don’t judge. Lately, I’ve been watching some K-Pop idols and may have been observing a bit of their lives and hearing about
Michelle (Love, Stars and Books)
(I received a free Review copy from the authors for a voluntary and honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own)
Book review: Comeback by Lyn Ashwood & Rachel Rose (4 stars)

Comeback by Lyn Ashwood & Rachel Rose
Genre: YA, romance, contemporary
Rating: 4/5 stars

(Synopsis from Goodreads)
Tofu
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
First of all, the cover is aesthetically pleasing and it catches my eye. Second of all, since I've been stanning multiple groups at the same time -- why would I pass up the opportunity to read this?

I would highly recommend this book, even to those who are not familiar to k-pop in general. It's nicely paced, a quick read and highly engaging. I enjoy the characters and their relationships with each other. I especially liked the main male character as I could personally relate to him. The dialogue
Gerardo Delgadillo
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
COMEBACK is k-pop a-wesomeness–see what I did there? Its prose is so engaging. it reminds me of “Elanor and Park” by Rowell Rainbow, and even of Sarah Dessen’s novels. Lots of feels there. Told in dual POVs, the story follows the Korean-American protagonists. Both have their inner demons and problems, but they’re also extremely likable because, despise all the challenges they confront, they survive and keep on going.

I loved the intertwined Korean here and there, and I learned a word of two. And
Katie
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Couldn’t put it down!! Here is a heartbreaking and tender story of friendships and romance set in the frenetic K-pop world. As an idol, Emery must choose between following the code of expectations and protocol set by the industry and following his heart’s own desires. The characters are relatable and endearing yet still flawed in their own ways. Even if you're not a familiar with K-pop, the story should still draw you in! I already want to read it again.
♠️ TABI ♠️
Boy oh boy I sure hope this lives up to my fragile and narrow expectations for non-fanfic books in this genre

I received a complimentary review copy from the authors. The opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
tasya (the literary faerie)
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you Lyn and Rachel for providing me a copy of their novel in exchange for my honest review 💖

It would be a lie if I say I never heard any K-pop song but trust me when I say that I'm not a K-popper and I'm SO not familiar with K-pop culture. But that doesn't mean I'm not a fangirl, because of course I am! I'm a swiftie and a 5SOS fam so yes, I fangirl a LOT. I'm more into American pop, as you can tell.

All fangirls and fanboys who are fond of reading will definitely be charmed by this well wr
Nicki Katz
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Come Back is a great glimpse into the life of artists in the K Pop World. You learn of the dedication, comradery, years of intense training and discipline, as well as the sacrifices and mandatory compartmentalization of their private lives all needed to succeed.
The book puts you in touch with the performers' immense appreciation and genuine affection toward their fan base and support staff which make their art possible. Also serving as a great impetus for them to strive forward.
Central to the
Kimi
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE KPOP & KDRAMAS!

This book did not disappoint! I absolutely enjoyed reading this story! Emery & Alana are so good together! I loved how reading it felt as if i was actually "watching" a kdrama unfold! I found this story to be very informing about the behind the scenes of KPOP groups... really interesting and very fascinating! I highly recommend this as a must read. You will not be disappointed! I would love to see more stories like this!
« previous 1 3 next »
Lyn likes to think of herself as an incorrigible wanderer—through cities, cultures, and stories. After acquiring her degrees, traveling from place to place, and eavesdropping on random strangers with her hard-won language skills, she finally made the somewhat irrational decision to move to Korea to work as a writer and editor, because apparently she didn’t get enough of that in grad school.

When n