Start by marking “Sands of Eppla (Sands of Eppla #1)” as Want to Read:
Sands of Eppla (Sands of Eppla #1)

Sands of Eppla

(Sands of Eppla #1)

Cassandra lives in a world where you fall in love at first sight—or not at all. Too bad she's blind, and being blind makes her not only immune to love, but also a criminal. She must now live alone or face being sentenced to a life of slavery.

Though she's grown accustomed to her solitude, everything changes when Cassandra stumbles across a mysterious man in her domain. A ro
Published May 17th 2019 by Chardonian Press

To ask other readers questions about Sands of Eppla, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sands of Eppla

Start your review of Sands of Eppla (Sands of Eppla #1)
Montzalee Wittmann
Sands of Eppla by Janeal Falor is a very unique book with an Egyptian -type feel but not only that but has creatures like the sphinx in it. Me his can be in some sand if it is wet. It is a strange world and built well in this book. Great characters too! A blind girl is living alone in a very isolated area when an injured man shows up and passed out. This is the start of a wild ride of a story! Bring blind will get you killed or put in a slave camp in the cities. I enjoyed this book but found too ...more
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Swathi
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had a feeling, as soon as I saw this book, that it was going to be excellent. I wasn't wrong
From the very beginning itself, I was drawn into this magical world where while I didn't see anything. I saw everything.
There was not a moment in the book where I felt like the plot was too slow, or the characters too bland, or even the writing amateur.
I'll be honest, I hoped that the ending would be a major climax wherein Cassandra would suddenly regain her sight and see Nikon. When that didn't happ
Lisa Whitehead
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one stunning book!
My normal genres are Romance, fantasy, dystopian. Also I read a lot of them, about 40 a month.
I don’t review often, as I’m too busy reading, but this book is worth a rave review, and then some.
The storyline is so absolutely unique that it got me wanting to read it straight away. Who knew there were still totally original ideas out there?!
The protagonists I fell in love with quickly, Cassandra is a hard worker, quirky and a go getter considering she should be freaked a l
Gypsy Madden
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cassandra is a blind person living in a world where falling in love means you can join the upper class. Not being able to fall in love was perfectly fine with her with being in a hut in the middle of nowhere for years with her only company being her naughty, mischievous monkey. The last person she had seen was her caretaker Antonia who had left without a word several years back. But now a man has stumbled into her house, wounded. He tells her that she is in danger for housing him in her hut, and ...more
Shomeret
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, my-reviews
I have an interest in the depiction of characters with disabilities in fantasy and science fiction. I was intrigued by an epic fantasy novel that centers on a blind protagonist. This is why I accepted a review copy of Sands of Eppla from Story Origin.

Imagine a society where your status is determined by whether you have or haven't experienced love at first sight. In our world, those few people who have found their partners that way are champions of the phenomenon. The rest of us are skeptical. I
Elisabeth Wheatley
4.5 out of 5 stars

I loved Janeal Falor's Mine Series and was intrigued by the premise of a blind protagonist in an Eqyptian-inspired Fantasy world. When the audiobook came along, I snatched it up right away!

This story didn't disappoint. As I mentioned, I loved the Mine Series, but her writing style has definitely evolved. There were some places I felt the language and dialogue could've been "tightened" to make it flow better, but overall, I greatly enjoyed this book.

Worldbuilding: You ca
Shirley
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
I received this book from StoryOrigin in exchange for an honest review, and probably the only reason I stuck with the book to the very end. The book summary had me hooked which was one of the reasons why I had wanted to read the book in the first place. Plus, I have read other books by Janeal, so I was definitely looking forward to it. Unfortunately, this one did not match my enthusiasm.

Don't get me wrong. The book is well-written and the details are incredible. Cassandra is blind and lives alo
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sands of Eppla is a very engaging read. In fact, I had a very hard time putting it down in order to do things like make dinner or do laundry, etc. The blend of Egyptian and Mayan styles is a nice change, as is the take on a blind girl finding herself in danger. Cassandra is a breath of fresh air: not a feeble female nor a somewhat testosterone-driven crazy lady, just a nice in-between. She's independent but also has a lot to learn. She quickly realizes when she needs help and allows others to gi ...more
I. Vélez
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Egyptian Styled Fantasy! But I wished for some romance!

I loved the story, characters and the setting... Everything was so beautifully written considering it was told through the "eyes" of an intelligent and brave young woman. It was a nice coincidence Cassandra and Nikon both had a disability they struggle with, since he is dyslexic and she blind. Every of their interactions was beautiful, showing a deeper connection than just friendship but without it fully developing into a romance becau
Elsbeth
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: goodread-authors
A mysterious cover, with a Egyptian-looking young woman, a Mexican-looking pyramid and a scary-looking monkey. The story itself is also filled with mysteries. What happened with Cassandra's parents, why did they leave her with Antonia? What happened with Antonia, why did she leave her with only a small monkey for company? What happened to Nikon, how did he end up hurt at her cabin?
At the end of the book we have some answers, but even more questions. And the urge to read the second part of this s
Μαρία Ν.
Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, romance
I really liked this book and not because I am a big fan of anything having to do with Ancient Egypt or anything(which I am).The story taking place in an Ancient Egypt-like world with mythical creatures roaming around makes it is so exotic and different from the usual fantasy books I have read before.It is a story full of adventure,danger and funny moments.I liked how the society separated the population according to if they have fallen in love at first sight or not because I haven't seen such a ...more
Amanda
Dec 02, 2019 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed the Egyptian feel to this fantasy world. The world building was fantastic, it's a very different world and I got a good feel for it, it's well developed. The storyline was very unique and intriguing, I haven't read anything like it. The writing is great, we're able to get so much detail even though the main character is blind. Cassandra is a great lead. I adored her and Nikon from their first introduction.

Samantha's narration was just ok. I liked her voice for Cassandra, it was
Elsie Pitt
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have never read a book by this author and was surprised at how well this story is written. It has great character development and world building. It has a premise that I have not seen in other books written. This was very interesting but left me feeling as if I am missing something. I hope that this author decides to pursue more in this world. Enjoyable and well written.
I am reviewing an ARC copy of this book and have left an honest voluntary review.
Sofia
Oct 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
i got this audiobook for free in StoryOrigin in exchange for an honest review, uhmm i like it, the narrator makes us feel like we are in the story, and its well written in the first person, it was more or less 9 hours worth of reading and now i have a problem... i want to read the next part of the story ;D its a diferent kind of story as i usually read but i did like it
Urszula
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy reality of the story. A reality a little bit Egyptian style. Interesting society well developed and described. Characters well developed and described. A strong woman and a soldier. She doesn't fit in the society rules .... Good plot pleasantly complex. All together enjoyable read.

Richard Goodrum
Jul 30, 2019 rated it did not like it
This seems to be a slice of life story. Unfortunately, at times the story becomes monotonous. Too much minutiae. By the middle of the book, I still have no idea where the story is leading if indeed it is leading anywhere. It was at this point that I finally stopped reading.

Haunting. Tragic. Twisted. Wonderful characters.

I received a copy of this book as a gift. This is my honest review.
Sarah Coleman
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this book! The main character is intriguing, the world building amazing, and the writing completely flows. I found this to be an easy book to get through in a couple of days and it only left me wanting more by this author. I am so glad I was given a chance to read this.

Whitney Lee
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an intriguing read. The cover alone drew me in. The storyline hooked me. I look forward to reading more by this author

Georgia Tumbleweed McNabb
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Both me and my husband found this a Great Listen/read!!
The characters were great and we can Not wait until the next book in this Series comes out on Audible!! The author did Wounderful World Building in this Story. Narrator did a lovely job on the voices and storyline.
Veselina
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank to the author for the ARC copy.
I thoroughly enjoyed the book.
Everything about it was so unique. The magic in the sand, the blindness of Cassabdra and the mystery around Nikon.
After the last pages I feel I need the next book.
Shannon
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good story that has interesting characters and a plot that flows smoothly. I like that it has an Egyptian feel tiny as there are not enough books that do.
Jackie
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful idea for a story. I picked up the book and never put it down until I finished. Ready for more by this talented writer.
Laurie Hayes
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such A Different Read

Never read a book quite like this. Two of the characters Cassandra and Nokin are really thought through. Pretty complex
Wayne Scace
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sally Wolf
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Casandra was blinded by magic and then left alone by her caregiver. She was okay with her isolation because she had the company of a naughty monkey. One day a wounded man entered her life and her whole world was upended. In a world where love was by first sight alone, she was destined to be loveless forever. Despite the danger of being captured and enslaved she set out on a quest wither new friend to find her caregiver, what she finds along the way is more than she ever bargained for.
This is a g
Shay
Jan 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, reviewed
Sands of Eppla was an interesting read. It's definitely unique. I did love the aspect of having a blind protagonist and greatly appreciated the details that helped make her reality come alive! I also like the Egyption-esque world that surrounds her.

A couple things I didn't like though. First and foremost the loose threads at the end. I already assumed it was going to be a series but I feel that there was almost too much left unsolved at the end. There are also a couple points where the story be
Tia
rated it did not like it
Apr 22, 2020
Kathleen
May 03, 2020
Mik Wasiak
Apr 26, 2020

• Ruined Goddess (The Persephone Trilogy #1)
  • Curse Breaker (Dark Legends, #1)
  • The Italian Heartthrob (The Italians #1)
  • Destiny (Experimental Heart, #1)
  • Prince Poison (Gods and Monsters, #1)
  • Someone Tell Aunt Tillie She's Dead
  • Rory: A Swashbuckling Fantasy Romance Adventure (Hengist-People of the Horse Book 2)
  • Exiles (Allies and Enemies, #3)
  • The Prince and the Poisoner (Carnival of Fae, #1)
  • The Vision of a Viscountess (The Widowers of the Aristocracy, #2)
  • The History Series
  • The Royal Occult Bureau
  • To Kill a Fae (The Dragon Portal Book 1)
  • Prophecy Chosen (An Oracle's Path Novella)
  • The Power of Hades (The Hades Trials, #1)
  • Final Invasion
  • King of the Sea: A Paranormal Merman Erotic Romance (Sea of Love)
Janeal Falor lives in Utah with her husband and three children. In her non-writing time she teaches her kids to make silly faces, cooks whatever strikes her fancy, and attempts to cultivate a garden even when half the things she plants die. When it's time for a break she can be found taking a scenic drive with her family or drinking hot chocolate.

Sands of Eppla (2 books)
  • Sands of Deceit (Sands of Eppla #2)