Start by marking “Secret Smiles (Love in Sienna, #1)” as Want to Read:
Secret Smiles (Love in Sienna, #1)

Secret Smiles

(Love in Sienna #1)

𝐇𝐞'𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐊𝐚𝐧𝐬. 𝐒𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐚 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫. ⁣
⁣
Life changes in the blink of an eye. ⁣
⁣
I have everything a man could ever want: fame, women, money, power. ⁣
⁣
I could have any woman I want, so why is my new manager the one I want the most? And why is she the only one who keeps saying no? ⁣
⁣
Can I seduce her for longer than one nigh
Published August 30th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Secret Smiles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret Smiles

Start your review of Secret Smiles (Love in Sienna, #1)
Rebekah Vasick
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great debut from a great author! I was hooked from the opening paragraph of chapter one! Ok, so it starts out with a young Patricia who is bullied. Call me a softy but that broke my heart. But the young Mikey is standing by, offering her their secret smile. *melt* Then onto chapter one and the now grown up Tia is nothing like the young Patricia. She's a feisty one and I love her for it! I've never felt so connected to a character or hooked to a book so quickly before.
In comes Mikey, thou
Deborah  Kimberley
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A debut book from a brand new author. I was lucky enough to be given an ARC of this book and offer my review freely.
Rockstar romances are one of my favourite tropes so this book had a lot to live up to with the fantastic ones I’ve already read over the years.
This book tackles topics that a lot of writers don’t like to broach and you are warned in the blurb. Laura tackles these subjects with sensitivity.
There will be no spoilers here. You’ll just have to get this lovely book when it’s released
Alley Ciz
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh I just want to hug Tia and Mikey so hard. They both go through so much to get to their HEA but they earned it.

I love a strong Heroine and Tia has that down pat, she doesn't put up with any of Mikey's crap and fights for what is best for her in the end.

I was hooked from the start and cannot wait for book 2.
Mandy Williams
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story. I related to Tia right away. Bullied as a child, transformed into a strong, smart music producer, Tia was a force to be reckoned with until she meets up with someone from her past. Mike Acosta. Famous musician, looking for a new manager, and someone Tia not only noticed as a youth, but someone who shone like a beacon in the face of her dark past. Meeting up as adults, the sparks fly, but secrets remain. I love their chemistry, their flaws, the drama. This book. Sig ...more
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
5+ Stars

Wow. I am laying in an emotional mess at 3 am after reading this story. My heart has been given a complete workout and my eyes sting. I’ve gone from sad to happy to heartbroken and all the emotions between.

Tia grabbed my heart from page one! Being bullied is not fun to read or even think about; you know it happens but it hurts the heart and you want to help the poor person. Tia manages to rise above it and is an inspiration to all. From the age of twelve, she has a crush on the boy who
C. Lymari
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an early copy of this book and I must say Laura John is not scared to talk about heavy issues. Mickey Acosta is hot but with a few demons. Tia is strong gorgeous and even when she gets her dream guy she does not let him walk all over her. This story has ups and downs and touches on sensitive subjects. True love deserves a chance and that's what Laura John brings. The characters are relatable. Hey, Tia and Leah. The drama keeps you glued until the very end. And that ending...Swoon.

Bri
mimi_reads
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So many twists and turns, what a great read.
RomanceReader1
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
EMOTIONAL STORY!

I feel like I should start by saying that this story talks about topics that happens in the real word. Bullying, drug abuse, suicide...... with that saying, this story
had me with all the feelings.

Tia and Mikey’s story started as young kids! They didn’t talked to each other but she love his smile and he love her eyes.

Tia was bully as a young kid but that didn’t stop her to overcome her fears and insecurities, at least most of them. She became a successful woman and is very good a
Natasha
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book! I knew from the characters I was introduced to along the way that there would be more stories to come. I am absolutely in live with Mikey and Tia’s story. Their relationship started off very fast and spited out of control. It took them all to different places they needed to be to get different results. I’m so happy that they had to work to get where they wanted to be but they didn’t give up or stop trying. This book hit some pretty close to home scenarios that some people ...more
Jennifer Leigh
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!!⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I’m honestly shocked this is Laura’s first book! It was so thoughtfully written in the way it dealt with difficult subjects, while still being raw and real emotionally. Seriously, this book has all the feels! Love, laughter, tears, characters that inspire severe anger! Awesome secondary characters were included that will make for great future stories. I loved Mikey and Tia’s story so much, and can’t wait to see where her upcoming books take us!! I highly recommend this book!!
Becca Steele
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Secret Smiles is the début novel from author Laura John, and I was lucky to receive an early copy. I love a rockstar romance, and Mikey and Tia had me hooked! At first Tia keeps Mikey at arm's length, but when he manages to get through her defenses, will love blossom or will the secrets of their past get in the way? No spoilers here, you will have to read it to find out what happens!
A HEA and no cliffhanger.
I can't wait to read the next book in the series!
Jenn the Readaholic
Ups and downs lead to happy in the end

I enjoyed this first book from a new author. I despised both Mikey and Tia at points in the book, but their story was definitely gritty and kept my interest. I only wish that their reconciliation (not the friends one, the “back together” one) didn’t feel rushed at the end of the book. This won’t stop me from trying the next book that the author writes, though.
Jennifer Pierson
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tia Marie Daggan used to be Patricia, the girl who was bullied badly in school, until she dropped out to homeschool herself. Now as an adult, she is one of the best band managers around, and after she had worked for the same company for a lot of years, they screw her over so she walks out on them, taking their newest potential client, Mikey Ecosta. He was told to hire her, but there's more to the situation. See, Mikey was the one bright spot in High School, and she hasn't forgotten him nor has t ...more
Menotah (Canadian Girl Book Blog)
description

Tia and Mikey are both dealing with issues from their past. Tia was bullied and felt abandoned by her mother and Mikey always wished he had stood up to the bully of the girl he liked but never had the courage to talk to. Their paths cross again but Mikey does not remember Tia and she is determined to keep Mikey at arm's length. Mikey finally breaks down her defences and things get hot between them until the past rears it's ugly head and turns their lives upside down. Life goes from bad to worse
Lisa
Oct 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Encore More Tia & Mikey Pls

I love rock star reads. This book has so much of what I really enjoy to read about. No spoilers, this review makes that difficult for me because some things were not in the description but certain events in this book happened here that had me happy dancing and whistling. Make no mistake, it's rock star, it's romance it's sexy but there's serious triggers for some. How Mikey's issues are handled? Incredible. The follow through, consistency of his therapy until he found
Mishie
🌟🌟🌟🌟
4 Bubbles Star!

Tia and Mikey’s story reminds me a bit of the movie “A Star is Born” by Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga. This isn’t a spoiler because they both tell a different kind of story, but the abuse, the drugs, the life of a musician-the highs and lows of it-are alarmingly “normal” if you live the industry. I should also point out that one selling point of this book when Laura reached out for a book review to me was when I read the trigger warnings:

“Secret Smiles talks about depression, d
D.p.
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an arc in exchange for an honest review. ...
I loved the characters (not always) and the theme. I've read this theme before but this was done a bit differently and extremely well. There were also a few more layers than I expected.

The writing was good and handled the heavy issues very well. I could actually see the scenes and many times, I wanted to bop some characters' heads together. I always take both of those as signs of good writing.

It was definetly a rollercoaster. I
Katslovesbooks
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Secret Smiles is the first book from author Laura John and I was offered and Arc to read this amazing story, which for me it’s so much more than a romantic novel because it deals with topics that many people experience in their everyday day life. I absolutely love the characters of the story which were Tia and Mickey. Like I said before the characters in the story deal with topics and struggles that sometimes are topics that we don’t talk about in the everyday life but what I really love about t ...more
Ebonie
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mikey and Tia’s story is a blast from the past getting the second chance they deserve. A true rockstar romance, it’s gritty and covers some tough topics, but it was very well-written. Mikey is a rockstar god who spends the book battling his demons to get back to the man he wants to be for Tia. And Tia is a badass music manager who overcomes her own demons to be the strong, independent, fierce woman the book portrays.

Both characters have so many layers to them that I kept being surprised by the t
Belle's Book Labyrinth
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, contemporary
Many of the books I have been reading this year are new to me authors and Laura John is one of them. This book, literally left me with a huge lump in my throat because I relate so much with Tia. There are some dark topics in this book that may trigger some but to me, it made Tia very relatable.

Being bullied as a teen, Tia is now a successful band manager and is surprised when someone from her past, the sexy, smooth talking Mikey, becomes her new client. He doesn't remember her but she sure remem
Jacinta - Aussie Book Nook
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a debut novel. I love a good rockstar romance and Laura John certainly delivered.
I was enthralled from the very beginning and captivated until the very end.
There are some heavy themes explored in this book that are well written and done thoughtfully. Whilst there is some difficult events in this book, there is also some beauty, happiness and laughter.

I cried, I laughed, I was heartbroken and then put all back together with the HEA. This is well written, entertaining and easy to read. All
Angie Cottingham
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I hold a special place in my heart for Rockstar romances (I'm a music fanatic) so when I was offered the opportunity to read this book, I couldn't say no. I expected a hot, fast-paced romance but this book was so much more. I laughed. I cried. This book was emotionally charged from the beginning. I couldn't put it down. I absolutely fell in love with the story and the characters. It was so easy to put myself in their shoes and really feel what the story was portraying. The fact that it addresses ...more
Amber
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My first Rockstar romance.

The story of Tia and Mikey took you on a whirlwind of a ride. I loved how their story unfolded. I really enjoyed the unexpected twists. Laura does a fantastic job bringing you into the book. It was hard to put down, I had to know what happened next. There are some emotional parts where my heart went out to the characters. I can't wait to get started on Hidden Kisses! Book 2 in this series.

If you haven't read this book yet, what are you waiting for?

Highly recommend. 💗
Amanda Carol
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love a good rockstar romance and Laura does not disappoint.

I love Tia! She’s such a strong character and doesn’t take any crap from those around her, especially Mikey. He’s a rockstar with some demons and she’s a woman determined not to let her past define her.

Laura took me on an emotional journey with these two. It’s sweet and sexy and everything in-between. Some serious topics are discussed and Laura handles it beautifully. Amazing debut from a new author! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Niki Trento
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*Be sure to read the trigger warnings.*
This love story is very well written. The mfc is a victim of bullying whose only saving grace were the "Secret Smiles" from her crush. She leaves school because of the bullying and creates a life away from the frumpy Patricia to the beautiful Tia. As fate would have it her crush re-enters her life and the real fun begins!
I started reading this about 10pm and finished at 6:30 AM!! Normally I stick to paranormal romances but this author's writing kept me glu
Dana zamora
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HOT musical genius

Once upon a time, back in grade school, this is where a love of a lifetime begins, just a smile, a smile that means the world to a young girl who has been bullied, fast forward to adulthood and that smile is still melts her heart, the chemistry between them is off the charts, typical music industry angst and asshole friends who try to ruin their love, such a beautiful story, thank you, Dana
Kelly Hill
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love books that are written from a two person point of view much like this one. I adored the small illustrations through out the chapter and on the chapter pages.

I was bullied a bunch as a kid so I can relate with Patricia. I have never felt so connected with a main character before. Tia works hard to erase the pain in her heart from her rough up bringing and the pain that was caused by a bully.

This book tackles some tough topics from bullying to drugs. This book had a lot to live up to as w
Kat Addams
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved, loved, loved this debut from Author Laura John. The relationship between Mikey and Tia hit me in the feels, but the relationship between BFF's Tia and Leah was just as sweet. Laura John handled the heavy themes with grace, sucking me in and spitting me back out until I collapsed into a rewarding happily ever after. <3 ...more
Jenn the Readaholic
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ups and downs lead to happy in the end

Alicia
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love rockstar books and while this is in that genre it doesn't overwhelm it. Instead it is much more about truly finding your best self and living up to it. I enjoyed it and felt close to Tia, as being bullied us something many if us can relate to. Mikey is complex, but that is only revealed slowly. In some ways this book referred to major issues which can be difficult to expand and develop in this type of format, but Laura John does try hard and with some success.
Overall, a good read from a d

• The Truce (London Suits, #1)
  • I Never Planned on You (I Never, #1)
  • The Awakened (The Awakened Trilogy, #1)
  • Looking to Score (#UofJ, #1)
  • Rock Star, Confined
  • Tap Out (BTU Alumni #2)
  • The Deal (London Suits, #0.5)
  • Game Changer (#UofJ, #2)
  • Sweet Victory (BTU Alumni, #3)
  • Writing Dirty (BTU Alumni #5)
  • You Were Always Home (Homecoming, #2)
  • Puck Performance (BTU Alumni #4)
  • Holding Out For Harper (Holding Out #2)
  • The Way Back Home (Homecoming, #1.5)
  • It's Not Home Without You (Homecoming, #1)
  • I Never Expected You (I Never, #2)
  • Rising Moon (The Awakened Trilogy, #2)
  • Rockstar Romeo
See similar books

Hi i am Laura, a Canadian girl who loves to write romance. I write swoon worthy romances that will take you on emotional rollercoasters!

Visit me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorLauraJ/

Visit me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/authorlaura...

Love in Sienna (5 books)
  • Hidden Kisses (Love in Sienna, #2)
  • Guarded Hearts (Love in Sienna, #3)
  • Whispered Desires (Love in Sienna, #4)
  • Confidential Moments (Love In Sienna, #5)