Start by marking “Till Human Voices Wake Us (Till Human Voices Wake Us, #2)” as Want to Read:
Till Human Voices Wake Us (Till Human Voices Wake Us, #2)

Till Human Voices Wake Us

(Till Human Voices Wake Us #1)

Sometimes the difference between reality and insanity is only a matter of absurdity.

There is nothing Milo Bishop fears more than the thought that he is going insane.

Having grown up hearing his Uncle Jay’s stories about the strange mermaids Milo never had a reason to believe they were actually true.But when a near-death experience gives Milo a vision of a mermaid

Kindle Edition, 1st, 275 pages
Published July 31st 2019 by C. S. Johnson

To ask other readers questions about Till Human Voices Wake Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Till Human Voices Wake Us

Start your review of Till Human Voices Wake Us (Till Human Voices Wake Us, #2)
C.S. Johnson
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Coming July 31st, 2019!

It's the epitome of character-drivenness that was supposed to be plot-drivenness. Oh well.

More coming soon!
Jana
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very good read. You get caught up in the story line and characters. Will recommend to others.
Liz (Quirky Cat)
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
I received a copy of Till the Human Voices Wake Us in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Till the Human Voices Wake Us is the first novel in C.S. Johnson's latest series. Though there is a prequel novella to check out for the completionists out there! This time around C.S. Johnson is giving us her take on mermaids, and that leads for a fantastical tale.
Deep in the heart of the sea, there resides a town made up entirely of mermaids. This is Rasulka, the community of mermaids. Even tucked
Rand Reviews
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Warning, some minor spoilers ahead.
I was super excited to read this book. Who doesn't love a good mermaid tale? I was not disappointed, although this is not your normal mermaid tale. I am a huge C.S. Johnson fan, and this book is truly one of her best. It is quite different from her other stories, but it was such an interesting take of mermaids. These are not the cute "little mermaid" mer-folk. Spoiler: These are blood thirsty beings, who don't even believe in humans. They are what we might
Christine Jordan
Sep 20, 2019 rated it liked it
I received this book for an honest review. This book is, at first glance, very different from Johnson's other books. But then when you look a little bit deeper you find similar themes to her other books. In this book Milo Bishop is searching. He is searching for the answer we are all looking for - why are we here? There is of course no neat and tidy answer to this question. If there is then whoever discovers it will be rich. Milo has grown up with his Uncle Jay telling him stories of Mermaids ...more
Jessica Belmont
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just go read this book! Right now! C.S. Johnson cannot write a bad book. What’s incredible about this author is that she writes in a multitude of genres and dominates every one of them. I’ve never read a book by her that wasn’t fantastic.

I haven’t read many mermaid books and oh, my gosh, I am so glad this is one I got to read. A dark blend of scifi and fantasy,Till Human Voices Wake Usmakes us think about the human condition. This was definitely a dark journey, but really beautiful as well.

This
Karen Lloyd
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rebecca
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a different style from the other novels I have read by Ms. Johnson.

Although the genre is fantasy as others she has written, it is a very dark fantasy that contains (mostly offscreen) violence, medical experimentation, torture and death. The novel’s “whispers” or “sideways glimpses” of horror are even more evocative than if she had fully described the scenes.

This was not an easy novel to read although it was worthwhile albeit for mature individuals who perhaps can better understand and
Shannon
Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Once again I am baffled by Goodreads' rating system: three stars means "liked it," and I liked it, but so often three star reviews skew negative.

This was a fast-paced read, and the mermaids felt like a new take on the topic, with cool world building. My favorite parts, though, were the psychological meanderings of Milo at the beginning and end: they connected really well to "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" that the title alludes to. This allusion was why I was eager to pick up the book:
Lorel Kline
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Milo goes through a journey of self discovery. His experience shows him that his Uncle Jay was right about merfolk being real. He learns that our choices have consequences that can affect others. He realizes how selfish he has been, how life is worth living, and love is worth giving. A very enjoyable and thought provoking story.
I received an ARC copy if this story and this is my honest review.
Anne-Marie
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is definitely not your typical book. It starts with Milo thinking about killing himself. It’s about self awareness....how we see others and how they see us. It’s very sad too, not the ending you would be expecting. They say that writing is cathartic and by Milo writing his story, he comes to realize that what he thought he wanted is very different from what he truly needs.
Pat
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a very wierd story that I didn't really enjoy. A very good, imagnitive story but I didn't enjoy as much as Ms. Johnson's other books. I didn't care for the amount of swearing in it either. I received an ARC. This is my honest, voluntary review.
Jackie
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is another amazing story in a well worth the read series. Truly enjoyable as always. Anything to do with mermaids and fantasy, count me in.
William Vegvari
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. A few tissue like moments but loved the characters and the story line.
Continues sometime after the prequel. Highly recommended
Darla Abney-Cox
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I understand from the author that this book is the last in the series. This book is so well written. This book is sad but uplifting, will bring you down just to bring you back up, will make you laugh and make you cry. This book is awesome! I can see it reaching #1 on the fantasy charts.
Nathan Battles
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic read and really allowed me to see from the other side of the looking glass. I can't wait to read the next installation to this series. Excellent work C.S. Johnson!
Megan
Aug 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Candence Mars
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I liked this book because it teaches us about love and that sometimes we have to go through pain to truly understand it’s meaning. That’s why I loved this book.
Marlene
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A darker tale for a mature audience. It made me pause and contemplate after reading. There are allusions to torture, death, & medical experiments but it adds to the story, It makes one stop and think about the human condition. Started reading and couldn't stop reading.
Jessica Bronder
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Milo Bishop has some problems and has some seriously negative thoughts when we first meet him. Milo grew up listening to his Uncle Jay’s stories of mermaids and is about done listening to them until he finds himself in Rasulka, the mermaid community below California. But these are not the wonderful mermaids of legend.

These mermaids don’t believe in humans. They are cold and cruel as they practice torture and murder in the name of science. This behavior is a recipe for destruction and it will be
Dianoudine
Dec 24, 2019 rated it liked it
It wasn't bad. It's just that the main character is cold hearted and painfully mean to the ones who love him and that completely shut me from him. There is action and psychology, some very deep, gore, nazi like experiments that touched some sensitive strings like nothing before, but really I couldn't find it in me to care for Milo and so the whole book suffers a bad feeling I couldn't shake off. Maybe the last pages give me hope, but he's been flipping his mind so many times before, I'm not sure ...more
Liliyana Shadowlyn
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
Till Human Voices Wake Us is a refreshing new take on the idea of mermaids and insanity. After all, how do you confront the idea that something you thought relegated to children's stories is completely real, and totally different from the way the stories portrayed them? An engaging read that you won't want to put down for one minute, perfect for fantasy and thriller fans alike.
Rebecca Brice
Aug 01, 2019

• Six Merry Little Murders: Christmas Cozy Mystery Novellas
  • Lost and Found
  • Mengapa Aku Berbeda?
  • This Is Love (Harmony Pointe, #2)
  • The Angel Experiment: A 21-Day Magical Adventure to Heal Your Life
  • San Diego Dead (Jake Wolfe #4)
  • Vanish (A Ball & Chain Thriller #6)
  • The Christmas Guardian
  • Dangerous Questions: An Emily Lazzaro Mystery
  • Dawn of the Assassin
  • Snowfall at Moonglow (Moonglow Christmas Book 5)
  • Safety Breach (Longview Ridge Ranch #1)
  • Duty or Desire
  • The Secret Christmas Child (Rescue Haven #1)
  • How Hard Can Love Be? (The Spinster Club, #2)
  • Red Carpet Redemption
  • A Tale Of Two Christmas Letters (Texas Legends: The McCabes)
  • Rialto (Unbreakable Bonds, #8)
C. S. Johnson is the award-winning, genre-hopping author of several novels, including young adult sci-fi and fantasy adventures such as the Starlight Chronicles series, the Once Upon a Princess saga, and the Divine Space Pirates trilogy. With a gift for sarcasm and an apologetic heart, she currently lives in Atlanta with her family. Find out more at http://www.csjohnson.me.

Till Human Voices Wake Us (2 books)
  • Across the Floors of Silent Seas (Till Human Voices Wake Us, #1)