Start by marking “Inborn Magic (Hidden Coven, #1)” as Want to Read:
Inborn Magic (Hidden Coven, #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

Inborn Magic

(Hidden Coven #1)

It should have been a simple spell
Light into heat, heat into flame.
How did it all go so wrong?
Paralyzed magic drained Bobbi lies wondering
Only the Mistress of the Hidden Coven can save her, but Quinn doesnt want to let a stranger past the coven wards. Its his job to keep strangers out. Especially when a demon is hell-bent on stealing their most precious resourcemagic.
Kindle Edition
Published by Castelane

To ask other readers questions about Inborn Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inborn Magic

Start your review of Inborn Magic (Hidden Coven, #1)
Tina
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Inborn Magic: Hidden Coven Series book 1 by Kim McDougall, Bobbi Coles first attempt at casting a spell results in her being paralyzed, helpless. Apparently, the only people who can help her is mysterious sexy Quinn and a coven of witches hidden from the world in a secret coven.
Quinn is a stern mysterious man with experience in magic. He doesnt trust easily and ever since meeting the novice Bobbi, he worked hard to guard his heart and his knowledge of magic from her. But when a demon
Susan Stephenson
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love it when I find all the ingredients of a great read: compelling plot, believable and likeable characters, tight, active writing, humour and tension. Inborn Magic is a fantasy set in our world, but one that resonates with real magic. Bobbi is a feisty heroine thrust into a coven of witches and desperately trying not to become too involved with Quinn, a hero who has his own special magic. It's a toe-tingling adventure, quick to read, but I found myself wondering what will happen in Book 2!
Wendy King
May 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Diana
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nice quick read.

I can't wait to get the next book. Just what I needed to break the self-isolation monotony. I am excited to see the characters develop.
Terri Wilson
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this book. The author proves she is not intimidated by the shortness of the novella. She does a great job developing her story and creating fully rounded characters. I look forward to the next book in this series.
Karen
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would not have typically chosen this genre. I enjoyed this book. It was fun, fast paced the characters are engaging and leave me wanting to know them more. Looking forward to the next book in the series!
Tina Beauchamp
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed Kim McDougall's new book Inborn Magic. It is a very solid read with a lovely sense of humour. If you like magic and witches, you'll love this book.
Peter
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not the type of book I usually gravitate towards but I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised and how it took me in. I could not put it down till I finished the story! Can't wait for the next!
Sandra Lopez
Bobbi was a young, amateur witch. She practices and practices, but doesnt seem to be getting any better. During a spell, something goes wrong and she loses a great deal of magic. It was a stranger that had to unlock her. In an effort to ditch her saviors, Bobbi somehow lands in some kind of time portal. Im not really sure what happened here, but she seems lost and disoriented.

This sounded like an interesting story about witches and secret covens, but I sort of found it hard to follow. Like
Colin Scott
Jul 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice story, good characterisations, looking for ward to the next in the series (Soothed by Magic) and if thats as good then the whole serie#! ...more
Paula Elofson-Gardine
Aug 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great story

Great story reads well with good fluidity. Shame it seemed too short. I liked the premise and characters, so of course I recommend it.
Joanne Watkins USA
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was ok
Part 1

This is lacking substance and depth. Really short. A weird mix of too much plot and no character development plus no clear narrative arc.
Sherlene
Nov 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book! I cannot wait to see what happens next in this series of books.
Blake
(FYI I tend to only review one book per series, unless I completely change my mind on a series, so want to change my scoring down a lot)

How I rate Stars: 5* = I loved (must read all I can find by the author)
4* = I really enjoyed (got to read all the series and try other books by the author).
3* = I enjoyed (I will continue to read the series)
or
3* = Good book just not my thing (I realised I don't like the genre or picked up a kids book to review in error.)

All of the above scores means I would
Katelyn Doran
May 04, 2017
Suzan Retzkin
Nov 15, 2020
Melena's Author a...: New Release: Inborn Magic 1 1 Apr 10, 2017 11:12AM

• Brimstone Bound (Firebrand, #1)
  • The Binding Witch and the Fortune Taker (Kate Roark Magic, #1)
  • Vendetta in Death (In Death, #49)
  • The Unrivaled's Witch
  • Infernal Enchantment (Firebrand #2)
  • Midlife Demon Hunter (Forty Proof, #3)
  • Hedge Witch (The Cloven Land Trilogy #1)
  • Spiked (Sundance #1)
  • The Hidden Witch (The Coven: Academy Magic #1)
  • A Little Green Magic (The Little Coven, #1)
  • Troll Hunter: Witch for Hire (Gretchen's Misadventures - Season One, #0.5)
  • Mystic Journeys (Paranormal World, #2)
  • Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1)
  • Hideaway
  • Jaunten (Advent Mage Cycle # 1)
  • Shadow Thief (Flirting with Monsters #1)
  • Merry Chris Witch
  • Magus (The Advent Mage Cycle #2)
If Kim McDougall could have one magical superpower, it would be to talk to animals. Or maybe to shift into animal form. Definitely, fantastical critters and magic often feature in her stories. So until she can change into a Griffin and fly away, she writes dark paranormal action and romance tales. Kim is also passionate about fiber art, photography, childrens literacy, rescue animals, nature, and ...more

Hidden Coven (5 books)
  • Soothed by Magic (Hidden Coven, #2)
  • Trigger Magic (Hidden Coven, #3)
  • Bellwether Magic (Hidden Coven, #4)
  • Gone Magic (Hidden Coven, #5)

News & Interviews