Start by marking “His Voodoo Lily” as Want to Read:
His Voodoo Lily

His Voodoo Lily

Sultry, curvy Lily Melancon is going through a rough patch. Like, glass shards on top of sandpaper rough. She managed to get out of an abusive relationship only to have her ex kidnap their 4-year-old son just days before the custody hearing. Lily has become so difficult to be around that her best friend, Alexa, has finally given up hope and abandoned her in Shorty’s Pub.

Ge
Kindle Edition

To ask other readers questions about His Voodoo Lily, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Voodoo Lily

🎁 FREE on Amazon today (5/25/2020)! 🎁
Jessica
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
Not For Me

I couldn’t get into this one at all. I gave up at 19%, read the epilogue and then called it a day.
Julia Gerard
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lily has had a rough time, divorcing her abusive ex, was a step in the right direction. Then everything in her life falls apart. Gerrit is a bartender who see Lily, and decides he wants her. Flirty commences, though it is low key. One hot night was all Lily would give, but Gerrit knew it wasn't enough! There was some seious hot times between the sheets, on a float....... but there was some danger and criminal stuff too. I really enjoyed this story!
LMR
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Readers Over 18 Only Please
Recommended to LMR by: Alexis Adaire & Booksprout
His Voodoo Lily (The May Flowers Series) By: Alexis Adaire
She's "His Voodoo Lily," And NOT Some Shrieking Violet!
She's NO Delicate Daisy, or Rose Without Her Thorns...
NO... She's "His Voodoo Lily," Hardened & Ripened,
By ALL the $|-|¡T Life has Dropped upon Her...
Yet, She IS Still FIGHTING On & ON!
"His Voodoo Lily" is the Prefect Woman for New Orleans at Mardi Gras...
Where Craziness is at it's peak,
And that's Exactly when these Crazy Lovers Meet & Greet~Wink, Wink;)
Beginning their Tale of Romanc
Julianne Macneil
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
i read this book as part of an arc program. This is story in the May Flowers series written by various authors known as the Flirt Club. Lily is a broken woman who is trying to move on and find her son after her ex kidnapped him. Lily had spent the last nine months drinking and trying to numb her pain. One night after a fight with her best friend at a bar, she saw the bartender and was attracted to him. Garrit was a rough looking man and he was very attracted to Lily. After flirting, Garrit took ...more
Caroline Doig
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lily goes to a bar she wants to pick someone up for the night and she sets her sights on the bartender Gerrit. Once Gerrit has finished his shift he takes Lily to where all of the Mardi Gras floats are and they do their thing. Gerrit asks for Lily’s no but she doesn’t give it to him she told him that it’s better this way. A couple of days later Lily goes looking for Gerrit at the bar but he’s not there but she has been given a piece of paper with his address so she goes there, when they go out f ...more
Raecharmed
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lily is trouble with a capital T and usually what Gerritt stayed away from. However there was something about her that drew him to her. Lily told herself it was a one night thing but she kept turning back to Gerritt and then and was blabbing her story to him. Gerritt wanted to help Lily but didn't know how. He figure the last time he saw her that would be it until she turned up at his place in tears her ex was dead and her son was no where to be found. Would he be able to help her locate her son ...more
J. Ockenhouse
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The title intrigued me. Lily and Girett start as a typical one-night but their story is not typical.

Lily is dealing with what no woman wants to but she goes to a bar and gets her eyes and hormones in an uproar over Girett. So they sneak to have some fun.

Don't exchange numbers but she looks for him again because she's having a bad day and he knows how to make her feel good. But things get found out and this is where the excitement and adrenaline kick up. Not spoiling the story. But I adore Lily
Candy Edwards
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great short story! It was original. Lily meets Gerritt at a bar while he is bartending. They start flirting with each other and she ends up leaving the bar with him. They have a night full of sex. But Lily insists it be their last because she tells him she is bad news. What she doesn't tell him at that time is her ex-husband kidnapped her son, Nolan, and she has no idea where he is. So she is not capable of anything resembling love right now. But then she finds out that her ex-husband ...more
Lauren
His voodoo Lily is a novella that is a part of the May flowers series. This story is short, mixed paced and an intriguing read. I read this book in one sitting and was satisfied throughout. I found the writing style easy to follow, the characters likeable and the storyline entertaining.
Lily Melancon is going through a tough time. With her ex kidnapping her little boy, she hasn’t got time for love. Whilst drowning her sorrows, he meets handsome bartender Garrit Rousseau. Garrit sees a
Debbie Caswell
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is part a multi author set if you haven't read the flirt club then you need to start They are all quick short reads that really flow ell and draw you in

This is Lily and Gerrit's story She is a sexually aggressive female who decides that when life knocks her down she will get back up with the help of a hot night with a stranger and this time she has picked Gerrit a bartender at the bar she is drinking at with friends The have a great one night with no numbers exchanged even though he an
Misty Schott
What a fantastic story!

This story is quite unique in its storyline and I loved it. Lily is going through a rough time in her life, her best friend decides she's had enough and leaves her at a bar by herself. Lily sees the very handsome bartender, Gerrit and she plans to use him as a distraction. Gerrit seems to want more but with what Lily is going through she just can't give it to him. Grab this wonderful book today and find out if Gerrit can convince Lily to take a chance on him. This is a gre
Michelle Vandal
A bit of Voodoo magic in NOLA
Oh my Wow! Voodoo Lily is amazing. I loved the storyline. The perfect amount of steam. On my list of great reads. Lily has had a rough time of things. She's in a local bar and just wants to try to forget for awhile. When she sees Gerrit she knows he could help her forget, at least numb the pain for awhile. Gerrit is under Lily's spell. Her aggressiveness makes him want her more. They share an amazing time but that's all Lily wants it to be. She doesn't want to bring
Amy
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a quick read but it definitely packs a punch. Lily goes with her friend to the bar to forget her problems, if only temporarily. She meets sexy bartender Gerrit. It has been a couple years but Gerrit really gets her stirred up. Thanks to her ex, she doesn't have any faith in men. Gerrit is very interested in Lily. After a very passionate encounter among the Mardi Gras floats, Lily and Gerrit say goodbye. Gerrit is hoping for repeat but she thinks they need to move on. A few days later Li ...more
Joanne Carr
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am voluntarily writing this review for this book I received through Booksprouts arc.

Lily and her friend were out having drinks when her friend who decided she couldn’t take her negativity anymore. Lily meets Garrit who is the bartender. Garrit tells her that he would like to get to know her better they had been flirting all night. They wind up at the warehouse that houses the Mardi Gras Floats. He asked about the tattoo that says Nolan she told him about her son and the rest of the story. Twis
Trixie
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I got curious what a voodoo lily looked like or if it’s real that I googled it. I am glad that Gerrit got his Vodoo Lily, they may have an unusual start at their relationship but still the ended up together happily.

I was wondering what’s wrong with Lily at the start and I soon find out. She has finally found nd her luck in Gerrit who had helped her more so than her friends, may be it’s because he loved her and that’s a fact.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily l
Sara Oxton
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
His Voodoo Lily by Alexis Adaire a five-star read that will have you booking tickets to Hell. This is such a surprise, its like two amazing stories wrapped up in one amazing novella, the first will take you on a journey through New Orleans, giving us a glimpse into Mardi Gras in the best way possible. Then it becomes so much more, I have enjoyed reading Alexis Adaire in the flirt club collections, but this one has me desperate to read the rest of her writing, I can’t wait to see what else she ha ...more
Sassy Angel
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was another quick but amazing story by Alexis Adaire. I have gotten to love her stories since the Flirt Club starting their themed stories. I love the May Flowers theme.

Lily has had a rough year. One night she just wants to forget it all. She meets Gerrit as he bartends and they hit it off. What started as an one night thing slowly becomes more. When she needs some help finding her son, she turns to Gerrit. Will they be able to make something work?

I received a free copy of this book via Boo
Susanne Scott
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it

This was totally different but I loved it. When I read the blurb I wondered how so much plot was going to be covered in such a short book, but I shouldn’t have worried.
This was a brave and unique concept. The main female character trying to get her son back after he was taken by her ex. Gerrit is the complete package, alpha and super hero. I loved his instant connection to Lily and unwavering love for her son, even before he’d met him.
The ending was perfect, I loved seeing them as a big happy
Lisa H
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mardi Gras, a bartender and a voodoo lily.

Lily is in a bad place. She’s had a three year dry spell and on Mardi Gras, remedies that with Gerrit, the bartender she hooks up with.

Gerrit is a bartender with out much, except mad skills in bed and a decent sort.

Only, it’s more than just a hook up, because Lily is looking for her son Nolan.

Drama, New Orleans style.

Jen
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy reading these themed series that the Flirt Club write. This is one of the May Flower one. This particular story is about Lily trying to locate and get her son back. She pushes away her best friend one night and decides to give herself a break for one night. She meets Geritt the bartender. Great short story with a happy ever after outcome to an old abusive relationship.

Georgia
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
His Voodoo Lily is the first book I have read by Alexis Adaire and will not be the last. All I can say is Wow! Read this book, it's a short emotional, steamy, instna-love and wonderful. A sexy story combining action and characters you won't forget!
You will enjoy the ride - the ups, downs and every pretty little bump in between. I had a VERY hard time putting this book down!

Debra Richardson
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A well written fast pace, action-packed mystery romance! It is a captivating read that is well developed, witty, and funny; it is bursting with action, suspense, and intrigue. The characters are strong and likeable; their chemistry is intense and off the charts. A Must Read!

Kim Wijnja
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
this story reads wonderfully away. Lily a woman who thinks about giving in for a wild night, but nothing could be further from the truth. Gerrit conquers her heart by helping her. I enjoyed myself and therefore 4 stars.

Michelle
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
While at a bar Lily meets Gerrit the bartender and what starts out as a one night stand turns into something more complicated. This novella has so much going on it's full of action, drama, a kidnapping, suspense, mystery, and a romance. His Voodoo Lily is a captivating short read with believable characters and a great addition to The May Flower Series. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Ashleigh
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An amazing, captivating, interesting and oh-so-satisfying read!
The writing draws you in and keeps you interested until the end.
The chemistry between the H and h is amazing plus their attitudes and events going on make the story even richer.

I received a copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Emily
May 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gerrit and Lily

Great story! Mystery, kidnapping, extortion, and love. This was fun and I couldn't put it down until I finished it. Gerrit is awesome, I love patient men. Lily had a lot to overcome but got her ish together once she figured out what was best for her. Definitely recommend.
Donna
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lily’s chance meeting ends up being her HEA. Gerrit the bartender gives Lily for an night of passion and excitement but she’s had a troubled life. Gerrit comes to her rescue. Lots of passion and drama as these two try to solve a kidnapping. Lily’s HEA is assured once she accepts that Gerrit’s a good man.
Holly
Jun 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Emotional Tale

Lily is in a dark place, her ex kidnapped their son nine months ago and hasn’t been seen since. She plans on using Gerrit as a diversion but there is something more there and she can’t stay away. Gerrit wants Lily from day one and plans on showing her there are good men out in the world. This book is a sexy emotional roller coaster.
Ritu
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lily enters a bar for Mardi Gras. She's trying to cheer herself up, since her son has been kidnapped. Gerrit is amazing, loving, and supportive. Great book, well written!

• His Violet (The May Flowers Series)
  • His Sweet Pea (The May Flowers Series)
  • His Cactus Flower (The May Flowers Series )
  • His Bird of Paradise (The May Flowers Series)
  • His Sun Drop (The May Flowers Series)
  • His Buttercup (A May Flowers Short Story; Spar Island Girls, #9)
  • His Cherry Blossom (The May Flowers Series)
  • His Azalea: The May Flowers Series
  • His Magnolia (The May Flowers Series)
  • His Baby's Breath: The May Flowers Series
  • Her Smokin' Firefighter (The Fireworks Series)
  • Her Yankee Doodle Daddy (The Fireworks Series )
  • Her Firecracker (The Fireworks Series)
  • Her True Blue
  • Her Captain's Deck (The Firework Series)
  • Her Roman Candle (The Fireworks Series)
  • Her Declaration of Independence (The Fireworks Series)
  • Her Massive Missile (The Fireworks Series)
Living in the Pacific Northwest, Alexis Adaire spends too much time indoors, cuddling under blankets, emerging from the bedroom periodically to refill her coffee mug and write stories.

Alexis likes to take her readers to those secret, unspeakable corners of their fantasies they barely even knew existed.