Start by marking “Identity (Kingdom Chronicles #3)” as Want to Read:
Identity (Kingdom Chronicles #3)

Identity

(Kingdom Chronicles #3)

Anwen's uncanny resemblance to Princess Lavena has been a curse since the moment she entered her service, as the spoiled princess has frequently used it to her advantage by forcing Anwen to switch places with her. But Princess Lavena’s latest scheme is her worst—and most dangerous—yet: compelling Anwen to take the princess’s place in her marriage to her loathed fiancé, Pri ...more
Published June 25th 2019 (first published June 24th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Identity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Identity

Julie Carpenter
First off, I have to begin my review by saying to those of you who have been reading this series, you're going to LOVE this one! I think there were several who didn't care much for Rosie's story (book #2) but I can't urge you enough to grab this one and read it! It was fabulous! I didn't want to set it down. I giggled and laughed and swooned and sighed. Oh, my heart! I think I might have highlighted whole chapters because I just loved the scene so much. I wasn't intending to highlight that much ...more
Merie Shen
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it

Okay.

Okay. So. If y'all have been following along on my GR updates, you should know that I was very, very eager to read about Prince Liam's story in the Kingdom Chronicles series. Liam is a favorite of mine from the previous two books, so when the author mentioned ARCs, naturally I leaped at the chance to grab one.

And whew, just gotta take a quick breather because Identity was quite possibly one of the sweetest romances I've ever read.

*drums fingers* Let's keep this a short one, shall w
Camille
I know authors aren’t supposed to have favorite book children, but this book is currently mine (shh, don’t tell the others). The idea struck me hard one night, and as a result, I scarcely got any sleep as I kept writing down ideas. At the time, Pathways was already outlined and waiting to be written, but I couldn’t even start working on it until this book was finished, meaning it was born before my debut novel was. This book is so special to me; I absolutely love the characters and the journey t ...more
Katie W
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
(4.5 Stars) First off, this series has some of the most beautiful covers I've ever seen! Secondly, this series is great! I wasn't in love with the last book, but this one had my heart swooning in a snap.

Anwen has been the diva princess's servant for years and they look almost identical to one another. When Princess Lavena places a curse on Anwen, forcing her to take her place in an arranged marriage with Prince Liam, a whole new world opens up.

Anwen has the heart of a saint and is one of the mos
Barbara Peters
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A story of a prince from one kingdom and a princess from another who are pledged to wed for the benefit of both countries, The only problem is that they can't stand each other. So the princesses handmaiden [who looks very much like her] is placed under a spell to take her place. The wedding lakes place and the fun and adventures begin. The book is full of adventures , pranks and of discovering each other and of course falling in love. But Lavena returns and decides she wants to eventually vecome ...more
Leah Feltner
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m always drawn back to this series because the covers are just so pretty and then the stories are cute, too.
I love fairytale retellings and I liked how this one had a twist by making the goose girl be the princess instead of the other way around.
This story is about Prince Liam, who has been a big character in both the previous books, and Anwen, who is Princess Lavena’s handmaiden. Lavena is a spoiled and mean princess who hates Prince Liam (he hates her too) but they are in a marriage contra
Cat
Jul 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I tried really hard to get into this book.
I really liked the idea of the ring binding Anwen to secrecy and the idea of "becoming" Lavena through having to take on her identity. However, I never felt that Anwen was ever being anyone but herself. That's the problem. I find it much too strange that no one would notice the switch, especially Liam. I love Liam's willingness to forgive "Lavena" of her past transgressions, but it came on so quickly. I just can't see someone being that quick to get over
Courtney
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well, I loved this one, too. Again, not perfect, but I have to give the 5 stars for how much fun I had while reading it. This one wasn't as funny as the last, and I missed the clever banter, but it still was thoroughly enjoyable. The first chapter hooked me in—which I loved. Of course I knew that this book would end in a happily ever after, but I really didn’t know how we were going to get there. Many fairy tale retellings are far too predictable, so I appreciated this. I had been eagerly waitin ...more
Gypsy Madden
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love a good fairy tale retelling! Admittedly, I don’t care much for the wave of modern retellings, so being set in a medieval fantasy world is perfect for my tastes. Though it should probably be noted, that this was rather devoid of fantasy elements. Really, the magic ring was the only bit of magic within the book. Essentially the story is a historical/medieval romance. I loved that Anwen was fleshed out with quite a bit of past history to her character as well as odd hobbies, and likes and di ...more
Erin H.
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm giving this book four stars for creativity and because I liked the previous stories. However, I'd give 3.5 if I could.

I did like these stories overall. They are loosely-based on the fairytales and mostly a whole new concept. I don't know what it is, maybe that the world is expanding and sadly the writer doesn't provide any maps or really much depth into the world itself. It's mainly focussed on the characters, and when they moved to a new country in this book... Nothing was different. There
Ashley Stangl
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: retellings, fantasy
I skimmed the last 60% of the book. I love the concept--it's a great spin on "The Goose Girl" and I always like arranged marriage romances--and there are some very cute moments, but it's a very light story. While I wanted to find out what happened to these characters, I didn't feel the need to read most of the details, because very little of it mattered to the plot. Scene after scene tended to focus on the same few points of conflict, yet none of those conflicts ever lead to any serious problems ...more
Catherine
Jul 14, 2019 rated it liked it
First, I really enjoyed a Goose Girl retelling that involved an unwilling servant being tossed into the role of princess/future queen. I thought that plotline was executed very well!
Issues: It seemed weird that as Lavena's handmaid that NO ONE had seen Anwen. Like, with visits to see Liam's family, was Anwen NOT accompanying Lavena? Did the servants never see her? I don't know. "Like, NO ONE has noticed the place-swapping" seemed unlikely.
Also, this is definitely a younger YA type read. I mean
Aaditi
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pros-
I likedd this book much more than I liked Spelled. Anwen proves to be a much sorted, intelligent and calm heroine compared to Rosie.
The whole dramatically infused phrase "I, Rosalina, was.." was perhaps a major buzzkill in the previous book.
I liked Liam as well. He was fun-loving and charming enough as the prince in this story.
Also Anwen showed more spine in the end.

Cons-
I think the apologies and the reconciliation could have been edited much better. In their first honeymoon, they spent
Bonnijean Marley
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best classic story retellings that I've come across.

I enjoyed the interaction and dialog. Reading this book was great entertainment.

If I could give half stars, I'd rate Identity 4.5 for minor things like lumping spiders with insects, having a grown woman spending all her time minding geese (there's a reason it's called the goose girl -- a grown woman might have spent an afternoon getting reacquainted, but she would have had many other household tasks to accomplish), a flock o
Elsbeth
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love fairy tales and fairy tale retellings. I had never heard of the fairy tale 'The Goose Girl', but that didn't really matter. This story still has the feeling of a fairy tale. I loved the characters. Especially that Anwen has such a fascination for insects (I'm interested in them, myself). I only thought the story sometimes took a bit too long. Like, you just know Lavena will disrupt Anwen's life, it just takes her 200 pages to do so.
But, overall a very nice fairy tale!
I received a free cop
Sandy
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can a handmaid really be a princess?
This is a very interesting take on the goose girl story. In this one the princess makes the handmaid take her place, of course, she has to put a spell on Anwen. I loved the scene where Anwen and Liam come across fireflies it is so beautifully written. I loved the action at the end of the book. This was truly a fantastic read. I did receive a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review it.
Karen
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was so excited to read this book. This story was a great take on the goose girl fairy tale. I enjoyed getting to know Anwen and Liam better and seeing their growth. The story took some turns I didn't expect. There were happy moments, heartwrenching moments, tense moments, and more. I look forward to reading more books in this series. And this is definitely a book I plan to reread.

Content: clean
Source: review copy
Philleys Peters
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fairytale fantasy set in a world of grand medieval castles, handsome princes and a sweet little goose girl entangled in a tale of hidden identities and ironclad contracts. I loved reading Anwyn and Liam's story. Falling in love is a beautiful thing and especially sweet after all that Anwyn and Liam are forced to endure because of the selfish acts of one egotistical royal pain in the ass princess. Loved it!
Patsy
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is my favorite Kingdom Chronicles book so far. I loved it! As a grandmother, I like to read books that I can recommend to my teenage granddaughters. One granddaughter loves fairy tale retellings and these books have been perfect for her! I also absolutely love the book covers! Looking forward to the next book!
Barbara
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
The third book in The Kingdom Chronicles series and I know I want to read the other two. A well written story by an Author I have not read before. A book I enjoyed reading. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Booknook Reviews
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this light, contemporary romance. It had humour, intrigue and clean romance. I do believe it dragged around 50-70% but that didn't detract from me enjoying the story...too much.

Kimberly
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book is a good teen and young adult sweet fantasy romance read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good. The story is an enjoyable read.

Chani
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great re-telling of The Goose Girl!

I really enjoyed this version of the Goose Girl! I also liked seeing more of Prince Liam, since he was a favorite support character in her other two books.
Elizabeth McDaniel
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story of Anwen and Liam. Their tumultuous journey to reveal her real identity was such an undertaking! Great characters and a fun story with an HEA.

Karen
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a delight! I somehow missed reading the second book in this series and only vaguely remember the first, but this one was wonderful. I will definitely be rereading it frequently. And now that I've been reintroduced to this author, I will be reading Book 1 again.
Mary Elizabeth
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Prince Liam is such a great character, Anwen and he are the perfect pair, and the real Princess Lavena ranks right up there with the Disney villains. I also love how the characters are woven in from book to book. I did receive an advanced review copy.
Christina
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my favorite of the series. Camille's writing is so much stronger here and it shows.
Fifi
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was SO FREAKING CUTE. Probably my favorite book I’ve read so far this year. I love this series and I love this fairytale world.
Marianne
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This sweet fantasy romance is completely adorable! I loved it. Pure fun, and escape into another world...

Tina Layner
Jul 04, 2019 rated it liked it
I read the first book in this series and loved it. I love fairy tales but this one I couldn't get into.

Camille Peters was born and raised in Salt Lake City, Utah where she grew up surrounded by books. As a child, she spent every spare moment reading and writing her own stories on every scrap of paper she could find. Becoming an author was always more than a childhood dream; it was a certainty.

Her love of writing grew alongside her as she took local writing classes in her teens, spent a year studyin

Kingdom Chronicles (3 books)
  • Pathways (Kingdom Chronicles #1)
  • Spelled (The Kingdom Chronicles #2)