Start by marking “Coach Me” as Want to Read:
Coach Me

Coach Me

When I met Amber Lakes, I had no idea that she’d become a shining star in my dark, miserable life.

Her smile was never supposed to warm my heart, and the sight of her tears was never supposed to make me want to hunt down the person who’d caused them.

We were never supposed to touch, or kiss, or do so many dirty things on campus that I knew could jeopardize my career...

None o
Paperback, 1st edition, 320 pages
Published May 7th 2020 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about Coach Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coach Me

Start your review of Coach Me
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
Coach-Me
I must say that as someone who hates sports... this book made me want to run a marathon!!! 😂🏃‍♀️

📚 "𝙁𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙣 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙙𝙞𝙖𝙜𝙣𝙤𝙨𝙚𝙙 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙖𝙣 𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚. 𝙄𝙩'𝙨 𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙩𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙪𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙙." 📚

19-year-old Amber Lakes has worked hard her entire life to to achieve her goal and get a full scholarship. Her determination and motivation was what made her so successful as a runner. 🏃‍♀️
She had other options, but BU was a risk as their team has no cultural diversity... Amber is the only woman
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
May 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A topical & evocative story that focuses on this current social inequality theme, while spotlighting a taboo romance in the foreground. It's a story of a talented young girl, with stars in her eyes and wind beneath her wings. She's ready to speed ahead on the track and in life, yet racism and bigotry will prove to be the biggest hurdles in her path.

description

Ably assisted and pushed relentlessly by her Talented coach- Joaquin Torres, who's had to jump over quite a few hurdles himself, limping away broken
Catherine Russell

Published: May 10, 2020
Date Read: January 11, 2021

Joaquin Torres.
The man of my dreams.
My knight in shining white armor.
He is all I’ll ever need.
He is all I’ll ever know.
And I am perfectly happy with that.

Let me start by saying that student/teacher romances are my jam everyday of the w
Korrie’s Korner
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
THIS BOOK!

“You want to blend in with them. Feel like a regular runner.” He huffs a laugh. “But that’s kinda hard to do when you’re the only black girl on the team. Forget trying to fit in. Why not stand out and be great?”

Shanora has done it this time! The feels were intense with this one. It hit all the cylinders in my heart.

Age gap—Yes, please! 10+ years.

Interracial relationship—Black/Latina & Mexican

Coach & Athlete romance. Oooh.

Black athlete on an all white team. Shanora really tackled these
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
20200515_031436.png

I have always loved this author and her ability to make you feel like you’re a part of all of the couple’s she’s created. She knows how to do a forbidden romance very well and when you’re finish with that story, you always have a smile on your face and find yourself breathing with a sigh of relief because all the drama and heartache you’ve just experienced? Was worth it.

Nineteen year old track star Amber Lakes has always known what she’s wanted out of life. Attend a prestigious college while bei
Elle G. Reads
May 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Release Date: May 14, 2020
Actual Rating: 3.5 – 4 stars

Forbidden Romance | Student/Coach

Coach Me is a standalone, student/coach, forbidden romance from Shanora Williams. If you haven’t read her books before you should know that she writes some steamy forbidden romances. Those books are the exact reason I started reading her novels and honestly, I haven’t been able to get enough of them since then. When I found out she was writing a forbidden romance between a college athlete and her coach I
Laura Lovely
May 21, 2020 rated it liked it
really wanted to love this book but it was just a bit too insta-lovey for such a forbidden trope! i did love the characters however which made up for some!
Jessica 🌹

2.75 ⭐️

➸ New Adult-Sport Romance
➸ forbidden (coach-student)-enemies to lovers-age gap (11 years)
➸ Fist person, dual POV
➸ Standalone? Yes.
➸ Cliffhanger? No.
➸ HEA/HFN? Yes.
➸ Trigger: Racism, bullying
➸ Steam? Medium/High .

Hello book funk my old friend.

description

Meh, this was just an okey read..nothing special or memorable.
Look, I'm gonna be honest.. Coach Me reminded me of Waking Olivia.

➠ track ✓
➠ coach/student ✓
➠ asshole/aloof/chip on his shoulder hero with a tragic past ✓
➠ enemies to lovers ✓
➠ jealo
Keri Loves Books
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This forbidden romance between a sexy coach and his off-limits athlete brings the HEAT!

Amber Lakes is headed to college on a full ride track scholarship. She’s worked her whole life to get to this point. Her determination, drive and sacrifices are what have made her successful.

Choosing BU was a risk for her. Their track team was not culturally diverse. She’d be one of the only women on the team of color. Amber was about to shake things up. Her skill level was already intimidating, but package th
nguyen
May 18, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Wtf did I just read. The age-gap trope in books are one of my favs but this one was just ughhh not it. I mean the heroine said “Coach Torres is walking sex on a stick and I am one hundred percent intrigued by him.” That was the first thing she thought of him when she first saw him. Now I’m no hate when a young girl admires a older guy like a teacher or someone else but seriously? That is the FIRST thing you say when you see your teacher for the FIRST time. And from there it is a fucking disaster ...more
Caitlin
Jan 21, 2022 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this one
Mariah.readss
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: forbidden
COACH ME by shanorawilliams 💕

This is a sports (track) / forbidden (her coach) romance! I really ENJOYED and APPRECIATED the story! 💕💕🙈

Amber was so STRONG after her father’s death, after all the racist comments and after the way she was treated. I found it just sooooo INSPIRING how when she would fall, she would get back up even STRONGER! No matter what life threw at her, she RAN and JUMPED over it! 🥰🥰❤️

I love the DIVERSITY in this book. There were so many important themes that were handled AMAZI
Book Maniac Forever

⭐️ 4 "Coach Torres" Stars ⭐️
Coach Me is an age gap forbidden romance I couldn’t wait to get my hands on. Shanora Williams is my go-to author for his type of stories and once again she didn’t disappoint with this novel. While Amber and Joaquin’s romance is illicit and steamy, their story is so much more than just a coach and his younger athlete. Coach Me is eye-opening about the deplorable issue of racism that is still actual in the world and how it affects its victims.

Amber is a dedicated at
Chelé-----4 The Love of Books
I hope me finishing this book in 9 hours gives you an indication of just how FIRE this story is!

Listen.....I could not and would not put this book down!! Let's get into it.....Amber is a heroine that I can completely relate to, she's raised very close to her parents, respectful, smart and a super talented track star, I mean CRAZY fast! She had her pick of schools attend and chose Bennett University. Bennett is a very prestigious school and will allow Amber to stay close to home, unfortunately s
babygyalreadit
Mar 18, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: age-gap
BITCH! When I say this book took me by surprise I mean that shit. This story truly touched me in a way that no others have recently.

The story follows Amber Lakes, who’s starting her freshman year at university on a scholarship for track. Amber’s driven by the love she shared with her father who trained her up until she was 11 when he tragically passed away. This was where I found myself relating to her having lost a parent that young as well. There’s a constant need within you to want to do them
Paperback Princess
The only thing that comes to mind while writing this review is that I’m a bit disappointed in Coach Me. I remember first reading Tainted Black and being blown away!! It was my first time reading a forbidden age gap romance and I fell hopelessly in love with Theo Black. Since then I’ve read quite a few of this authors book and she’s good at giving us an angsty forbidden love affair but Coach Me was not it.

This is the story of a college Track and Field athlete named Amber Lakes and her Coach Joaq
MC The Bookaholic ♡
4 stars!!!

I love Shanora Williams. I love her writing style, her characters, and everything!! And this was just another book of hers that I really enjoyed!

There’s an age gap (like 10 years), taboo-ish with coach x athlete, and smutty!! oh so hot and smutty, forreal

There’s no OW, OM, angsty drama, or anything along those lines. And there’s a HEA!!

I read this all in one sitting — pretty easy read.

nikki
May 14, 2020 rated it it was ok
It’s such a disappointment when you’ve waited on a book for what seems like forever and then you end up not loving it, especially when everyone else seems to be going crazy over it. I adore Shanora Williams and one of my favourite characters EVER is Theo Black (If you love age-gap romance then you have to read DEAR MR BLACK), but Joaquin just didn’t have the same effect on me that Theo did; I found him to be incredibly immature for his age and I didn’t warm to him at all. I wasn’t invested in hi ...more
Stacey
May 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I live for this woman's forbidden words!!!!

When you find out Shanora is writing a Forbidden romance you just know whatever it's about you will love it.

I read it and loved it so so much. My poor heart.. It was the most perfect love story ever!!!

Coach Torres. Where to begin with that gorgeous man.. He was a little bit of a hard ass but deep down you know there's a reason for him being like that and that he's got a sweeter side. I loved him so so much.

Amber I freaking loved her. What she went thro
Weronika -  Little Steamy Reads
„You see me so much better than anyone else.”

Shanora Williams is my go-to author when I'm in the mood for something sexy and taboo. Every time I reach for her book, I'm sure it will be full of heat, tension and angst. When Coach Me landed on my Kindle, I jumped head-first, thinking that I knew what to expect. And I nearly choked. Torres and Amber’s story is so much more than a spicy, forbidden romance. This book is impactful and thought-provoking. It bares injustice and discrimination. It dr
Rhonda Ziglar
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 SEXY COACH STARS!! I devoured this book....I feel like a ran a marathon. This story was forbidden, sexy, drama, family and full of love, that will have you flipping pages. Torres and Lakes are so beautiful together it makes everything perfect in a forbidden world. Shanora Williams always delivers with these stories....I see her name and 1-Click, without reading a blurb.
ari_romancebooks
Coach Me By Shanora Williams

4.5 Coach Torres Stars ⭐️

As the title says this is a Forbbiden love story between Amber a Young Athlete and her new coach Torres , there’s tension , age gap and a lot of excellent moments between them.

The DIVERSITY in this book is not a joke , Amber the heroine is black and Torres is Mexican so we have an Interracial couple and a lot of important topics around this two communities are talk about in this book which I really LOVED.
The sports factor really got me too
• Island Queen Reads • Ofa •
Forbidden Romance? Age Gap? Yes pleaaaaase!!

This author always manages to pull out all the stops when it comes to her writing; especially forbidden romances. This is why she continues to be one of my favourite authors to date. She continually sets the bar high and yanks feelings out of you, you didn't know were possible.

One thing I love about this is the diversity, how it manages to approach certain topics and social issues, real-world problems, and give it the attention it deserves. Most peopl
Charita
May 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I feel compelled to write this review with appreciation and heartfelt gratitude to Shanora Williams for writing what I consider one of my favorite stories of 2020! Her writing was realistic, relevant and personally relatable, not to mention scorching interactions between the two main characters added to the allure. I loved this book!

The cultural and societal portrayal in Coach Me conveys so much that has touched me in more ways than one! You see, when I read stories such as this, which are rare
oritty: books and i (tilayov)
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
96506299-10158242190612733-7147980926746624000-o

Amber is a gifted runner but she chooses a "white" university because it gave her scholarship and it was close to her mother but little did she know that being black, this decision will make her deal with issues like racism from people meant to guide her and unhealthy competition from privileged people who are used to getting away with everything if their fathers make a lot of money and donate to the university and although she has her breaking point, Amber is strong and full of light and s
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
RTC

ARC courtesy of author in exchange for an honest review

Find me on:
Follow me on facebook Follow Me on Twitter blog
Michelle Claypot_Reads
May 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read. The author handled serious real world problems in a very honest way. It was an emotional story and I believe more stories like this need to be told.

The connection and chemistry between the characters was fantastic and I loved the banter between them. It was a definite page turner.

I received an arc of this book.
Patricia
❝Fuck me the same way you coach me.❞

I was so excited for this book to get released because, come on. Look at that cover. And the synopsis just screamed that this book is for me! No, but really. And after reading it ... the storyline is literally the only thing I really enjoyed about this book.

I absolutely loved the idea of this story. I love reading about forbidding love stories and when you throw sports into it? Maaan, I am so in! But (and we all knew this was coming), I felt like this stor
Kenzie Mooney
Jul 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I finished Coach Me this afternoon. I’m so excited because I really loved it. This was my first book by Shanora and it was beautiful. Racism, discrimination, and grief were just a few of the things that these characters went through and I think they were dealt with so eloquently. I felt so much emotion in those moments of hardship for the main characters; my heart physically hurt for them. I was so incredibly angry at times. The fact that people face similar things every day just boggles my mind ...more
Ezinwanyi Chinyere
coming of age track star

I enjoyed this story. I felt that the romance wasn’t far fetched. Being members of a minority group in a predominantly white college, I can see Torres wanting to provide comfort, guidance and mentoring to a young girl who was lonely.

This story felt super real and the writing was smooth. I wanted more angst (not fake conflict) but actual conflict in emotions about their behavior. Especially on Joaquin’s part. More mental anguish about the duplicity in his actions concerni

• Heartless Hero (Crowne Point #1)
  • Share Me
  • Angry God (All Saints High, #3)
  • Broken Knight (All Saints High, #2)
  • Dear Evan Hansen
  • Rebellion (The Sainthood - Boys of Lowell High, #2)
  • Waiting for my Queen
  • Stone Princess (Clifton Forge, #3)
  • Even If It Hurts
  • The Sinner (Haven Grace Prep, #1)
  • Twice a Wish (Goddess Isles, #2)
  • His (Ties That Bind, #2)
  • Always Been You
  • Legacy of Lies (Empire of Lies, #3)
  • The Rival Roomies (The Rooftop Crew, #3)
  • Fluff
  • Slow Dancing
  • Paine (Rosewood High #2)
Shanora Williams is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty romance and diverse suspense novels.
She currently lives in Charlotte, North Carolina and is the mother of three amazing boys, has a fiercely devoted and supportive husband, and is a sister to eleven.
When she isn’t writing, she’s spending time with her family, binge reading, or running marathons on TV streaming ser