Start by marking “The Truce (London Suits, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Truce (London Suits, #1)

The Truce

(London Suits #1)

A steamy, standalone, enemies to lovers romance

Olivia

Being hired by Barrett London should have been a dream. Nice job in the city, amazing boss...but then I met Luke. Cocky. Self-assured. Sexy. And the most frustrating man I've ever laid eyes on.
When we're forced to work together, sparks fly. But is the attraction enough to risk losing everything? Or should this truce be
Published August 29th 2019 by Amazon Digital Services (first published August 21st 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The Truce, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Truce

Start your review of The Truce (London Suits, #1)
queen_of_the_books_18
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A hot and steamy office Romance that will leave you swooning.

An enemies to lovers story following Luke and Olivia who have to work closely together, but Luke doesn’t like Olivia. Their banter is on point and had me laughing out loud a lot. How long can they be in close proximity without sparks flying and giving into the sexual tension?

This was a quick read, but full of emotion and off the charts chemistry. Witty banter and brilliant side characters.

BJ Steele has you fanning yourself and
Stefanie Jenkins
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a debut by Becca Steele! This could be considered a short read but trust me when I tell you there is no short of emotion, excitement and hot men!

In the Truce we follow the journey of Luke and Olivia, coworkers who can't stand the sight of each other and everyone in the office feels it. I would love to be a fly on the wall and just watch them bicker back and forth. Actually no, I'd be sitting at a desk with my hands under my chin watching them go at it but really staring at the boss
Ebonie
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Luke and Olivia are one of my top five literary couples for this year, without a doubt. I love a good friends-to-lovers story, and this one doesn’t disappoint. Luke and Olivia work together, but they hate each other from just about the very beginning. Only when they’re forced to make a truce does the true nature of their feelings - along with their fears - come to light.

Luke is charming and hot, but he also has a lot more baggage than I was anticipating. I found myself sad for him and cheering
Jacinta - Aussie Book Nook
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Debut book by Becca Steele and what a book it is.

I enjoyed everything about this book! The writing, the story, the characters!
Enemies to Lovers is one of my favourites and this book is done really well.

Olivia and Luke have absolutely of the charts chemistry and lots of quick entertaining banter. The sex scenes in this book phew smoking hot!

This book was really well written and flowed so well!

Definitely recommend reading this one.
Brenda Hawkins
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
bookreviewer_98
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Momandbooks
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a fun Office Romance, enemies to lovers. Luke and Olivia story is a true enemies to lovers, the banter of hate that turns to lust and more. Olivia is strong and feisty. Luke is brooding and trying to run from his feelings. The interactive between all the characters has you wanting to pull up a chair and join in. It’s a well written, well developed story that you just want to be part of. I can’t wait to see what Becca Steele has in store for us next.
Chrystal M Delgado
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a debut this was Becca! This was a great enemies to lovers story, which is may absolute favorite! This is the story of Luke and Olivia, hate colleagues who turned into lovers. These characters went through a lot of emotional turmoil, but I think they were better for it. I can't express how much I loved this book and can't wait for the next one!

I think this is my top read of 2019 so far. Everyone should add this to their TBR <3
Lilian Stewart
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ahhh!

I'm in love!
Luke is so perfectly imperfect and Olivia is way more tolerant than I am! Haha.

The Truce is everything I expected, and nothing I thought it would be.

This Debut masterpiece by Becca Steele only makes me want more and more!
Deborah  Kimberley
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wowsers!!! What a debut Becca Steele!!!
I loved this book, and definitely the strong male characters in it. You can practically feel the chemistry sizzling off the pages between Luke and Olivia.
If you’re into a man with a dirty mouth on him then Luke gives you all that and more. Oh and green eyes
I don’t really have a trope per se, but there’s something about an enemy to lovers isn’t there.
This gets you sitting there reading it with a smile on your face, your eyes will definitely fill up, but
C. Lymari
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Luke & Liv
Becca Steele gives you a fun sexy read with The Truce.
As soon as I saw it was enemies to lovers I was sold.
Our Hero and Heroine hate each other but we all know underneath all that hate they want to tear each other's clothes off. wink. wink
The story will make you laugh, want to rip Luke's hair out and cry. My favorite thing about enemies to lovers is that moment when the characters just go aha and they realize they do have a strong feeling for each other but its not hateful.
Lissanne Jones
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic debut by an author to watch! Luke has disliked Olivia from the day she started at the company owned by his best friend, Ethan, and they have done nothing but antagonise each other ever since. After Ethan finally convinces them to agree to a truce, he pushes them to work together on a big account... and they find out the other is not nearly as bad as they seemed.

Sparks of a different kind begin to fly, but Luke is afraid. Love and stability has never been part of his life and
TheSassyNerdBlog
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow. I didn't know exactly what to expect going into this. She is a new author and this is her debut. I don't often read new authors right away, but I am glad I took the chance to with this one.

Firstly, her writing style was amazing! Everything flowed so easily, and I had no issue falling deep into this plot. This book isn't a full length, but in no way was it lacking anything. It held emotion, in-depth detail and a plot that you couldn't help but invest in. I fell in love with Luke and Liv
Gabrielle
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the best debuts I've ever read!

Olivia and Luke were so fun. Their angry banter at the start made me laugh out loud. The enemies-to-lovers was done so well, and the progression of their relationship was believable (this is always important to me as a reader).

When they do start to let down their guard around each other and the feelings start to show the result is just beautiful... and HOT! They are seriously perfect for each other (and everyone can see it except them!).

I loved reading this
Amanda
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had a chance to read and early ARC of The Truce from debut author Becca Steele, and let me just tell you I’ve got a book hangover!

One of my favorite tropes is enemies to lovers and Miss. Steele does NOT disappoint. The story follows Luke and Olivia’s journey from hated colleagues to lovers, it’s a perfect mix of salty and sweet. I really wanted to hate Luke for being such a jerk, but maybe there’s a reason for why he is the way that is, and Olivia is determined to show him the right way to
Ashley
Received an arc from Booksprout for an honest review!

Unfortunately it's a DNF for me!

When I read the synopsis for this book, I legit jumped on an arc asap. My hope was that this would be the British Hating Game, and I would fall hard and deep for these characters and this enemies-to-lovers romance, but the characters felt...a...bit...stale?

The protagonist's voice was too plain and lifeless for my tastes, and the interactions between the characters felt a bit too forced for my taste.

Katslovesbooks
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the debut novel for author Becca Steele and let me tell you that what a great way to start!!! This book is well written, the characters are amazing and the interactions between the friends(Avery, Ethan, Alex, Olivia and Luke) are so entertaining that you will love them instantly. An enemy to lovers story were the main characters are Olivia and Luke, 2 people that "hated"each other guts. The bickering between them was hilarious and I had to read some scenes twice because they were that ...more
Piper's Romance Reads
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh how this book made my heart hurt! The angst is palpable and had me twisted up like grandma’s yard. I was all over the place with every emotion. I cheered for Olivia, I cried, I got angry at Luke, I got angry at both of them. This book was filled with emotion.

In the beginning, I hated Luke. He was unnecessarily mean to Olivia and wouldn’t even call her by her first name. Once I learned of Luke’s traumatic past and upbringing, it all began to make sense. You can never hurt someone if you never
Wendy Livingstone
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am amazed that this is a debut from this author! Olivia and Luke are complex characters, who are co-workers, and have explosive chemistry between them. This is a well written story which is intense, emotional, passionate and steamy. I look forward to reading more from this author, and recommend this for all enemies / lovers scenarios’.
Clara
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great debut! If you enjoy enemies to lovers romances, this is definitely the book for you. Well-written and well-paced with engaging characters.
Lauren Bruce
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was soooo good!! I enjoy a good Enemies to lovers read and this one hits the spot just right!!!
The bickering felt so real and it was like being one of their co-workers waiting to watch the fireworks explode. And explode they did... but in a sexy way!!! the sexual tension these to had was off the charts!! Great book, loved how it all played out. can’t wait for more from Becca Steele
Rebekah Vasick
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To be honest, when I first picked up this book, I wasn't sure what to expect. But I was blown away with the first paragraph! I'm a lover of words and descriptions, and I love a book that sucks me in. Becca had it all! She continued to surprise me as I got to learn more about Luke and Olivia. Luke isn't one of those fairytale book boyfriends, he's gritty, he's broken, he's real! Absolutely fantastic debut, a fantastic read and can't wait to read more from Becca Steele.
Alley Ciz
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh how I love me some enemies-to-lovers. I loved Luke and Olivia together. The spark between them hits you right from the start.

Their snark and their playfulness as they battle their attraction for each other keeps you flipping the page. This is one great debut for Becca. Now I need more.
Laura John
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was life! I LOVE a good enemies to lovers book and this one did not disappoint. The sexual tension between Olivia and Luke is OFF THE CHARTS! I got seriously hot and bothered while reading this book and needed to take a cold shower. So yes this is book is SEXY! But don't get me wrong the emotions are still there. Becca did an amazing job at making you really feel everything that is going on between all the characters, and made me cry a time or two.

This is a must read!

When is book 2?
Jeeves Reads Romance
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
SO GOOD!!! This felt like a novel by a seasoned author, not a debut. The characters were complex and likeable, the tension palpable, the chemistry scorching, the banter on point. It’s an enemies to lovers office romance that keeps the pages turning and it’s easy to get lost in the story.

The Truce follows Luke and Olivia, coworkers who got off to the wrong start and now seem to spar every time they interact. Things come to a head when they run into each other outside of work and their personal
Kat Addams
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Becca Steele knows how to keep you hot, bothered, and on the edge of your seat!

If you love enemies to lovers, you'll love this book! The tension between Olivia and Luke was enough to make me bite my lip and want to scream for them to just do it! I laughed, I got angsty, I got emotional, and I swooned. Becca delivered all of the perfect elements in a romance novel, and neatly tied them up in the end with a HEA.
Also, I loved the London setting! Imaging these characters with a British accent made
Jana
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, arc-2019
5/5

This book was so much fun! A great debut from Steele and I am excited to read more of her work.
Luke and Liv stole my heart. I felt for them. They each had demons that they had to deal with, but they worked through them (more or less) together and were able to be stronger because of it!
I loved how patient Liv was and how strong she was.
Luke had to learn how to love, and it was fun to watch that progress in the book.
If you love enemies to lovers, you will love this book!
Jacie Lennon
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My favorite trope is enemies-to-lovers and boy did this deliver!
I so enjoyed the banter and friction between Luke and Olivia. I thought the story flowed well and the steamy scenes were hot. Luke is haunted by his own insecurities and pushes Liv away at every turn and I enjoyed the push and pull.
Of course, you aren't left hanging. Like and Liv get their HEA and I was so rooting for them the whole way through.

I can't wait to read Ethan and Avery's story...and also Alex, that guy intrigues me.
Ana Oh
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
First Book

I wasn’t quite sure what to expect from this author. This is her first book. Loving the indie world, I took a chance.

I am so glad I took that chance. The storyline is good; I even cried a little. I am looking forward to reading her future stories to see how she develops and refines her own voice, style of character development, and really nailing the angst she is already so good at.

Best wishes on a bright start!
Christy Warthen
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Endearing!

Olivia and Luke's story is a sweet, humorous and emotional roller coaster!

I voluntarily read an advanced copy.

« previous 1 3 next »

• I Never Planned on You (I Never, #1)
  • Secret Smiles (Love in Sienna, #1)
  • The Awakened (The Awakened Trilogy, #1)
  • For Three Seconds
  • It's Not Home Without You (Homecoming, #1)
  • Tap Out: (BTU Alumni Book #2)
  • Sweet Victory (BTU Alumni, #3)
  • Power Play (BTU Alumni, #1)
  • Billionaire Bosshole (Bedding the Billionaire #3)
  • The Way Back Home (Homecoming, #1.5)
  • Puck Performance (BTU Alumni #4)
  • You Were Always Home (Homecoming, #2)
  • Arrogant Boss
  • Public Relations (Bedding the Billionaire,  #1)
  • Reckless Hate (Westbrook Blues, #1)
  • Do You Dare? (Truth And Dare Duet, #1)
  • Rising Moon (The Awakened Trilogy #2)
  • Something Like Hate
Becca Steele is a contemporary romance author from the south of England, where she lives with her husband, two kids, and various animals.

When she's not writing, you can find her reading or watching Netflix, usually with a glass of wine in hand.

Stalker links
Facebook: http://bit.ly/B3CCAFB
Instagram: http://bit.ly/B3CCAIG
Newsletter: http://bit.ly/B3CCANL
Website: http://bit.ly/B3CCAWS
Becca's Book Bar

London Suits (2 books)
  • The Offer (London Suits, #2)