Start by marking “Burn (The Unlikeable Demon Hunter: Nava Katz, #6)” as Want to Read:
Burn (The Unlikeable Demon Hunter: Nava Katz, #6)

Burn

(Nava Katz #6)

It’s the End of the World as We Know It…

Nava has come a long way from being a hot mess flying solo. She’s now one of the major players on the chessboard, leading the charge against a witch with dark magic, a power-mad rabbi, and the impending apocalypse.

Friends will die and secrets will be exposed. Add imprisonment, torture, and the biggest, baddest demon of them all who h
Audible Audio
Published May 14th 2019 by Tantor Audio (first published March 5th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Burn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burn

Hollis
The man on the other end of the phone spoke with such a broad Canadian prairie accent that he'd actually said "aboot". I could have smacked him for pandering to the worst American stereotypes about us. Then he added a "sorry" for good measure and hung up.

I have to admit.. this wasn't my favourite of the series. The final instalment of The Unlikeable Demon Hunter series had a lot of things to wrap up. It has been an incredible ride, and build, in this six-book journey and I honestly can't imagine
Susan
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Move over Charley Davidson, Nava Katz is in the house and kicking demon a$$! Nava is back and fighting her greatest battle. Luckily she’s got some help from her friends. I am so in love with this series and so sad to see it go, but it went out with a bang. Or a burn! I’d give this 10 stars if I could! 5 measly stars will have to do. Fantastic as always, Ms. Wilde.

*I was lucky enough to get an ARC for an honest review.
Lucy Dosch
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We have demons, witches, evil Rabbis and even the Dread Pirate Satan making appearances as say good-bye to Nava and the boys in this final installment.

The first time I saw the movie, The Fifth Element, my only thought was "there is just too much going on to keep track of it all." Since that first viewing, it has become one of our favorite movies to quote and now I can see how all of the on screen chaos is needed to complete the story. I say this because while I was reading this final installment
Tanya Davis
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it

I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.The Unlikeable Demon Hunter: Burn is the final book of the Nava Katz series by Deborah Wilde. It was highly anticipated for me as the previous book left off with a bit of a cliffhanger. That's going to make this book pretty hard to review, especially for those that have yet to read that book.

We were left with the fate of Nava, the Rasha's and the

Jenn
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the last book, Nava was caught by Rabbi Mandelbaum, the fate of Ro and other Rasha unknown, and everything felt hopeless. But our girl isn’t down for long.

The author weaves a brilliant tapestry of wit, romance, and girl power sprinkled with demons. Nava has come so far since her first PD; coming into her power, her confidence (and intestinal fortitude) despite everyone doubting her, and of course the unparalleled love story with Rohan Liam Mitra. Now, she faces her greatest “adversary” (you’
Liliana Tomas
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Epic ending

This book kept me on the edge of my seat. I loved it.
Deborah did a brilliant job with this book, the amount of growth for these characters especially in this last book was epic, from the ashes they rise and become some of the best characters I've ever read.
I ❤❤❤❤❤ so much.
Great job, I felt like the conclusion was so well handled and although I will miss Nava and Ro dearly this book did justice to their story and left their story in an amazing place.
I highly recommend this series as
Annalee P
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC of this book for my honest review.

I can't believe we are at the end of this amazing series!

What a wild ride this has been following from Deb's first book right through with Nava's journey. I thought that this book was amazing and Deb knocked it out of the park as usual. I had no idea what to expect with how everything left off in the previous book, but this book was everything I had hoped it would be.

I loved the humor/snark that is used through this book, which has also been
Lena
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my goodness, what to say about this. It's a wonderful feeling to follow an author's growth from the beginning to the series to the last book of it and see it coming back better and stronger. Burn is, to be honest, the culmination of an incredible journey for the characters, the readers and the author.
It's action-packed, fast-paced and it features all of our beloved usual suspects. The author is able to tie magic, tradition and a world of intricacies in a wonderful resolution where she pulls a
Leanne Crabtree
I've put this book ON HOLD.

My Kindle Unlimited membership runs out in a few days and I've been struggling to get into this, which is strange considering I read the fifth book not long ago and love these characters.

I'll try again in a few months, start from the beginning again and see if I can get into it then (I really hope so!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
14th April

So, I'm trying again--not from the beginning--and hopefully after a few other good urban fantasy stories, I can get into this...

And I did, sort of
Texas
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Burn #6 - Do not read this book without reading the previous books! All good things must end and I really enjoyed this series. Burn picks up where Fall ends and the pace is fast and hard. All the storylines come together ending the series perfectly. Nava and Rohan having grown throughout the series, mesh well together and with all the factions in their joined fight against evil.

Nava is not the Babyslay of the second book, but a well developed woman confident in her abilities and recognized by ot
Janet
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So sad this fabulous series has ended but what a wild ride it has been

Where to start? This series is one of the best that I have ever read, and I've read plenty of great series over the years. Deborah's skill at writing leaves me in awe. Her characters, her imagination, her descriptive powers, her story-telling, her ability to pull you in and not let go, all astound me. In fact, her chutzpah matches Nava's perfectly!
Nava has grown into herself over the course of the series and is finally comfort
Victoria
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the end... Nava's last book...
At first I didn't want to start reading because, you know, it would be real, the serie would be finished :(
But after the cliffhanger we got in the last I needed to know how it would all go down and boy did it deliver!!!! (yes! I need to write so many ! because omg!) :D

I have been a fan since the first hour, devouring the books, laughing my ass off, yelling and raging at the author, crying in the middle of the night, yet this one truly is one of the best (i
Leslie Sanchez
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am really at a loss as to how to explain how awesome this book is. This book had me crying, holding my breath, laughing, freaking out and so much more. It has taken so long for Rohan and Nava to get to a good place, but the fight's not over yet. This book doesn't even give you a chance to take a breath. When you think Nava has gotten to a point where she can breathe for a minute, guess again another big bad is after her again. This time not only does she have demons after her, she also has dar ...more
Shawnta
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She has always been a ticking time bomb and now she’s ready to explode, beware evil doers Nava Katz is coming.

With the Apocalypse fast approaching it is up to Nava to bring everyone together to stop the power-hungry Mandelbaum and his band of crazies. Witches and Rabbis must find an understanding and start working together for the world to survive even if it requires following one of Nava’s half- baked plans. But it has always been said, “Never make a deal with the devil” or demon same diff.

Thi
Cyrene Olson
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story wraps up the Nava Katz series – and it’s going out with a bang. I’m very sad to see this series end, but also very excited for this book. This book is a fitting end to the series and the author unbelievably wraps up all the loose ends without rushing or sacrificing the storyline in any way. Action packed with witty dialog and a perfect romance, this series has it all. But don’t cheat yourself and not read this series from the beginning, you really need to get to know how it all begin ...more
diana
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-favorite
This review (and other bookish shenanigans) also appear on my blog, My Bookish Escapades.

This series will now forever hold a special place in my heart.

I can't believe it's done! So many unexpected things happened and the end was just... it's... I'm gonna miss this SO MUCH. Most especially, Nava's kickass and smartass self. And of course, the smexy times. THE SMEXY TIMES. Rohan now tops my ultimate book boyfriends list. My heart now belongs to this soulful, sexy, rock god. Lol. And can I just s
Cassey
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
And with this book, we have to say goodbye to the queen of snark :(

Nava is just all kinds of kick ass, and during the course of the series we've gotten to see just how amazing she is. Not that she is without faults, but it's the way in which Deborah Wilde handles the flaws of her characters that made this series one of my favourites.

As with the end of any series, there will be things that don't go as we'd like it to be. And while I'm pretty darn happy with how things went this was just slightly
Danielle
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was well worth the wait. Deborah has not let me down yet, and after book 5, I had high expectations for this one. Throughout all the books Nava has grown, but has still stayed true to herself, she is still unpredictable and hilarious. One of the things that drew me to this series is how different it is from other urban fantasy, the mythology and the characters feel new and unique, not like I have read them before. This book is the conclusion I was hoping for (if the series has to end), ...more
Stephanie Smith
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh wow, I had forgotten how much fun, drama, angst and excitement could be be contained in a book by Deborah Wilde. I was worried I wouldn’t remember enough from the previous books, as it had been a while and they are so full of detail, action and mayhem; but whilst I started off a little slow as I remembered all the many relationships and interconnections... once I got up to speed, I was on a rollercoaster of emotion and hanging on by the seat of my pants with all the twists and turns.

This is a
Anita _booktoread
Book 5 left us hanging with Lilith tied to Nava and Nava locked in the Tomb of the Endless Night, then appearing to be kidnapped by Rabbi Mandelbaum. We pick up with Nave being turtored by this Rabbi and his consorts. She has no idea where she is or who might still be alive.

I’ve loved this series because very little of it has been predictable, even Nava’s conversations and thought process were never predictable. This series wa my first real dive into pnr romance and I’ve loved every minute. Nava
Natalie panda eyes
Its over. As always with anything Nava related, the final part is fast paced and full of chaos, death, magic, smut and bad jokes. This time throw in some torture and rape threats. I like how its all come together, every character has had their own journey. Finished well but left open for spin offs. As always the highlight for me was Malik/Nava and their kill or not to kill relationship. Ari and Kane were adorable. Funniest part for me was probably the first Malik appearance of the book and birth ...more
Brett Logan
Bittersweet

I have never regretted the end of a storyline as much as I do this one. Nava and the brotherhood, Nava and Rohan, Nava and her family ... as well as the other side relationships that are occurring ... Deborah Wilde has given us a rich, full experience.

Nava has taken us on many wonderful adventures. And now that it’s come full circle, all the storylines weave together into a beautiful story. Read this last (?) great adventure you will fall in love with the characters all over again.

T
Linda Levine
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I recommend the series if you enjoy a strong female character who doesn't make excuses for being who she is and is willing to risk it all for what is right.

It is always bittersweet to read the last book in a series that you really enjoy. I love Nava and Rohan and their crazy kind of relationship that works for them.

There is plenty of action and that great romance that has been a highlight of the series is a main focus too.

This book is a great ending for fans of the series. It doesn't leave you
Lou Hutchy
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So sad that this is the last book in Nava's story because this series is absolutely one of my most favorite (and I read a LOT of books) and book 6, like the last 5, does not disappoint! Burn brings a lot of the story lines to a satisfying conclusion, although I am happy that Leonie is getting her own book as well because I'm just not ready to leave Nava's world quite yet! I loved seeing Nava's evolution throughout the series. The fantastic dialog, story lines and character interactions made it n ...more
Books In Brogan

The last book in the series it was OK some of the pacing was an issue but we do get a good closure of the series with possibilities left open for more books set in the "world".
This review was originally posted on Books In Brogan
Karen
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

5+*
This well-written and exciting installment is the awesome conclusion to an amazing series. The storyline is a fast-paced, action-packed rollercoaster of magic, emotion, and growth of the main characters. The secondary characters aren't slouches either! While we must say goodbye to this wonderful series, I'm also looking forward to Deborah's next undertaking. With luck, there will be plenty more wit, charm, sass, and snark. I loved all these volumes and if you love Charley Davidson, then you w
Rachael A
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was thrilled to be offered an ARC of Burn as I have loved the Unlikeable Demon Hunter series since the first book. This book picks up right where the last one left off and things are not looking good for Nava, Rohan and friends. The book is a rollercoaster of highs and lows with everyone having to face some hard decisions. However, the drama is leavened as always with moments of humour and some lovely relationship developments.

While I am sad to see the end of the series I was happy to see all
Julie Carroll
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read it twice

So I loved this series when I first found it when it had three books and was one of those blotchy readers who was irritated that I couldn't read the whole thing at one time but the wait was worth it. Ends were tied up without losing the plot (harder than you think with multiple books), characterization developed but sensibly and the romance works in the end. Great series. Great job.
April
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't praise this series enough!

This has been the most entertaining series that I have ever read. The characters are fantastic. Suspense, love, betrayal, magic, demons, hunters and one sassy, funny, foul mouthed heroine to wrap it up. This is my favorite series of all time and I don't think it can be topped. I can't wait for Leo's book and hopefully appearances from familiar characters.
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nava against them all

The Unlikeable Demon Hunter: Burn is the 6th and final book of this series. This was the best written yet. All of the loose ends were tied up nicely.
Last we saw Nava she was being taken. This book picked up right where book 5 ends. We learn wether or not the witches and Rashas can put their differences aside for the greater good.
I hate to see this series end but I am excited to read Leo’s book about a demon private eye.
« previous 1 3 next »
A global wanderer, hopeless romantic, and total cynic with a broken edit button, Deborah writes urban fantasy to satisfy her love of smexy romances and tales of chicks who kick ass. This award-winning author is all about the happily-ever-after, with a huge dose of hilarity along the way. “It takes a bad girl to fight evil. Go Wilde.”

Just released book 5 of my Unlikeable Demon Hunter books and it i

Nava Katz (6 books)
  • The Unlikeable Demon Hunter (Nava Katz, #1)
  • Sting (The Unlikeable Demon Hunter:  Katz, #2)
  • Need (The Unlikeable Demon Hunter:  Katz, #3)
  • Crave (The Unlikeable Demon Hunter: Nava Katz, #4)
  • Fall  (The Unlikeable Demon Hunter: Nava Katz, #5)