Start by marking “The Magical Meniscus” as Want to Read:
The Magical Meniscus

The Magical Meniscus

In Fairytale Land, there lives a gentle-hearted cyclops known as Cleo who wears bells on his large toes. Headaches plague the one-eyed giant, causing Cleo problems at work, at home, and with his girlfriend, Nellie. The migraines force Cleo to seek help from a powerful wizard. He must battle witches, ogres, and a bog creature. Will perseverance and determination be enough f ...more
Published April 7th 2019 by NuSaga Press

To ask other readers questions about The Magical Meniscus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Magical Meniscus

Start your review of The Magical Meniscus
Namrata
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
finished this novel, and was pleasantly surprised. Loved this cute novella! I thoroughly enjoyed spending my time on this book. If you want to get out of a reading slump/just want to cute a cute and happy book, pick this up!
Lynn
Jun 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I received The Magical Meniscus through a Goodreads Giveaway.

The Magical Meniscus is an interesting read for sure. The artwork is cute and could easily be appreciated by a child. I enjoyed the moral lessons included in the book, and I could see a child honestly quite enjoying the character of Cleo.
Pallavi Sareen
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is cuteness overload. I smiled throughout this book, especially looking at wonderful illustrations. I adore children’s book for this reason only that they are light-hearted, designed to be attractive and are short enough to cater to the attention span of a child. The Magical meniscus tells the story of a friendly cyclops Cleo, who reminded me so much of the cyclops in the Percy Jackson series. This book is perfect to be read out loud to kids. It is written in a very easy language, mean ...more
Carrie Westmoreland Kurtz
While this book isn't exactly for me, I can see how kids would enjoy The Magical Meniscus.

The pictures do add to it and make it ore interesting for kids. I can imagine that it would be even more enjoyable if it was in color! The storyline and adventures were fun and the lessons learned make it even better.

This is a cute, fun read for kids!

*Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Liz
Nov 14, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this short fairy tale has every sort of fable creature imaginable. Cleo, the innocent cyclops, is amazingly naive and he stumbles into one sort of adventure after another but he just keeps plowing on. There is some weird stuff (the finger food for example) that could be a bit much for young kids but they might get a kick out of it. Not your usual bedtime story by any means.
I won a copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway for this honest review.
Suzanne Marble
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was given to me to review for free. These are my honest opinions. I liked this book quite alot. I read it aloud to my daughter who is 6. She liked it a little but it wasn't her favorite. She tends to love mythical, mystical books quite a bit. It was well written and had a lot of great morals and points in it. It had great imagery scenes and the illustrations are well drawn. I'd say for a little bit older child it would perfect!
Amy Shannon
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adorable Story

GranRan pens an adorable children’s story in The Magical Meniscus. Cleo is the focus of this story, and he's a gentle cyclops, and unfortunately, he suffers from migraines. I found this to be an enjoyable children's story, and loved following Cleo as he had to deal with creatures that block his path. It's a fun story and almost enchanting. I look forward to reading more by this author.
Diane
Sep 18, 2019 rated it liked it
A Fairy Tale

Witches, a wizard, ogres and magic. An ogre on a mission, initially in order to get rid of his headaches. When an old 'healer' woman fails to stop them she sends him off to the wizard. The plot thickens. Outsmarting witches isn't easy!

Personally I think children would be drawn into it with more pictures, especially if they were in color.
Mary
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! And a little boy I know loves it, too. This is an engaging story. I really felt bad for Cleo; I was a migraine sufferer for over thirty years. I wish I had known all these magical creatures then. Great book for little people's imagination. I'm fortunate to haave won this thru Goodreads. Thx.
Catherine
Jul 08, 2019 rated it liked it
I received this e-book free through Goodreads First Read.

A fun book with cute pictures for kids.
beth watson
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Good children’s book

This was a awesome book to read with my children. Great bedtime story book and my kids loved it so much!!
Carla
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
What happens when a clumsy, cyclops finds out all he really needs is a monocle for a weak eye? He sets out on a journey to find the lens he needs with the help? of a wizard.
Robyn Ryan
Oct 26, 2019
Jennelle Henderson
Jul 25, 2019
Melissa Cheresnick
Aug 11, 2019
Jackie Lantern
rated it did not like it
Jul 16, 2019
Jun 15, 2019
Randy White
May 05, 2019
GranRan GranRan
May 09, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Marshall
Kourtney

• You Will Be Mine
  • Undertow (Undertow #1)
  • Daughter of Magic
  • Wizard Girl (Daughter of Magic Book 2)
  • Caitlin's Song (Carson Chronicles, #4)
  • Once Upon a Dream
  • To Love and Let Go
  • Escaping from Houdini (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #3)
  • Participant
  • Closer Than You Think (Broken Minds Thriller, #1)
  • Oceans Away (The Atlas Series #2)
  • Dreamland: A Magical Ghost Story
  • Mudlark: In Search of London's Past Along the River Thames
  • 24 + 1 Christmas Tales: Butterfly Adventures in Santa's Secret City
  • You Got This: Everything You Need to Master Authentic Public Speaking
  • Exquisite Mariposa
  • Bright Lights (Talia Shaw Series #1)
  • Heaven is Better
Also publishes under Randy Lee White.