Start by marking “Rancher Next Door (Part-Time Cowboys #4)” as Want to Read:
Rancher Next Door (Part-Time Cowboys #4)

Rancher Next Door

(Part-Time Cowboys #4)

For two years, Lucas has been a single guy. His high-school sweetheart wife cheated on him and left on a string of words like unreliable, disappointing, and failure. Then an old childhood friend moves back next door, only now she’s a woman. And single. And ignoring him.

When her irritating neighbor disrupts her night, Trina’s late for an early morning interview. If she can
Published July 22nd 2019 by LE Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Rancher Next Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rancher Next Door

Start your review of Rancher Next Door (Part-Time Cowboys #4)
SuperWendy
Feb 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
I ended up liking this one more than I should since it features my least favorite source of conflict ever - the manipulative ex-spouse (the hero's ex-wife in this case). But I fell right into this story because the hero and heroine are so blessedly normal. They were childhood friends that grew apart once high school hit and he started dating his ex-wife. She's a single mom tending bar and trying to work her way into nursing school (ugh, although the fact she has chosen to not haul her ex into co ...more
Rebmay
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
RANCHER NEXT DOOR is a sweet romance between two people who have grown apart, only to reunite after years of distance and time filled with hurts and self-doubt. Trina and Lucas grew up next door to each other on neighboring ranches and shared many wonderful childhood experiences. They were best friends until he met Shaylee, the beautiful girl who didn’t dress or act like a tomboy, and made him feel things he never felt when he was with Trina. Dating led to marriage and then a nasty divorce for L ...more
JigsawGirl
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised by and really enjoyed this book. The description made me think Lucas was going to be depressed and miserable, so I had some hesitation about reading it. There were a few moments of angst, but the H and h worked through them successfully.

Lucas had real life, legitimate concerns about his farm, his father, his day to day living and his future. It showed a man being totally screwed over by his ex-wife, and his road to recovery, so to speak.

Trina was suffering from single
Kari Hansen
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
A lot of things have changed since Trina and Lucas used to be best friends as they find themselves neighbors once again. They both find themselves divorced, struggling financially and emotionally scarred.

Trina is a single mother who wants to return to school but she fears that her dream will have to be put on hold when she is late for her job interview. When Lucas comes to her rescue and helps her get the job the only catch is that they need to pretend they are dating.

As they spend time together
Lesley
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not for Me 3.5*
Usually if a romance features this type of story it is the female who has been emotionally abused and is still suffering the consequences rather than the male. Though in my head I understand that it can happen to either sex, I didn’t really enjoy the hero of the book being a victim. Having said that, the story was well-written, flowed well, had few typos, and I was caught up enough that I read it in one sitting.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book from the
Beverly Kee
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!

What a incredibly good storyline, it dealt with so many different issues and still was a great romance! Being a small time rancher, even if it was a long time ago, and working on a hay farm a couple of summers, it was really neat to see how it showed the work of farming and ranching! I have one gripe and it was hard not to yell at the book each time I read it! When they talked about riding horse's, just the word horse was used! That was a really bad no no! Enjoyed it except for t
Cara Ross
Jan 18, 2020 added it
Shelves: arc
Rancher Next Door seemed like the perfect book for me, western, childhood best friends to second chance love, but unfortunately, this book was not for me, the characters didn't talk to me, I struggled with the relationship between Lucas and Trina when it was clear that Lucas was still not over the abuse he suffered and it just didn't mesh. I wanted to give this book a chance, but it just failed badly for me the 3 times I tried to read it.

Unfortunately, I did give up on this book, so it’s a DNF f
Jo
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well, she's done it again.  Another hugely enjoyable, character driven addition to the Part Time Cowboys series.  I appreciated the way that the author gave us a different spin on the slighted, undermined spouse, as well as the resolution that the couple worked through.

This was an engaging story from start to finish.

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Debra Morefield
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good series

This book is part of a series.. A good series too.. So far you don't have to really read them in order but some of the people from the next book are mentioned.. So far so good..
Izzy
This was a delightful friends to lovers romance. I really enjoyed it.
Melissa
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
They used to be friends until he started dating and then it was as if they had been nothing. Trina and Lucas have been through the grinder and have baggage because of this. She's back into town, just next door, do they have what it takes?
Heartbreak, drama, confusion, loss, hope, and love.
I'm voluntarily reviewing this after receiving a free copy.
val
Alicia Totten
Jun 18, 2020
Jessie Shepps
Feb 08, 2020

• Her Cowboy Billionaire Birthday Wish (Christmas in Coral Canyon #9)
  • Sam (Men of Clifton, Montana #7)
  • Micah (Bad Boys of Dry River, Wyoming #7)
  • Coming Home (Whiskey River Road, #1)
  • Stolen Hearts (Whiskey River Road, #2)
  • Three Words (Whiskey River Road, #3)
  • Magnolia Mill (Whiskey River Road Book 6)
  • Riley (Men of Clifton, Montana #6)
  • Bonner (Men of Clifton, Montana #8)
  • Credence
  • Marrying My Billionaire Boss
  • Gabe (Men of Clifton, Montana #2)
  • Brody (Men of Clifton, Montana #3)
  • Ryder (Men of Clifton, Montana #5)
  • Wyatt (Men of Clifton, Montana #4)
  • The Billionaire's London Bride (Blushing Brides Series Book 8)
  • A Cowboy Takes A Chance (The Callahans #3)
  • Irresistibly Dashing (Brothers-in-Revenge Book 8)
Marie Johnston is an award-winning, best-selling paranormal and contemporary romance writer. She grew up in the upper Midwest and planned to go to college for English. Didn't happen. She started college in accounting and was awful! Grabbing her inner science geek by the pocket protector, she changed to microbiology and medical technology where her only writing involved scientific articles and proc ...more

Part-Time Cowboys (4 books)
  • Rancher in Training (Part-Time Cowboys, #1)
  • Red Hot Rancher (Part-Time Cowboys, #2)
  • White Collar Rancher (Part-Time Cowboys, #3)

News & Interviews